Saints put faith in youth

SOUTHAMPTON boss Nigel Adkins says he intends to blood some of the club's promising young prospects in Tuesday's FA Cup replay against Millwall.

The Lions travel to St. Mary's tomorrow after the two sides cancelled each other out in a 1-1 draw at The Den earlier this month.

And while Adkins is keen to see the Saints progress, he admits he will not risk his team's progress in the league.

"I believe we've got a good, strong squad of players now and again we want to utilise the youth," he said. "We've done that in the two cup competitions this season.

"We want to make sure there is a pathway for them as well but we've got an opportunity to keep progressing and that's what we want to do.

"Having put ourselves in the race to get promoted, the league is the priority. But it's great to have a cup run and we want to win all the games we compete for and we want competition for places.

"It's a tough game. We won't underestimate the opposition but we want to get through to the next round."

3 thoughts on “Saints put faith in youth

• April 10, 2017 at 20:04

Can I just say what a relief to locate a person who actually knows what theyre talking about on the net. You definitely know the best way to bring an concern to light and make it crucial. More men and women should read this and fully grasp this side of the story. I cant believe youre not much more favorite simply because you absolutely have the gift.

• April 11, 2017 at 10:17

Have you ever thought about publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

• April 12, 2017 at 09:32

I wish to show my thanks to the writer just for rescuing me from this instance. As a result of looking through the search engines and finding notions that were not helpful, I was thinking my life was gone. Being alive devoid of the answers to the difficulties you have solved through this short article is a serious case, as well as those which could have negatively damaged my entire career if I had not come across your web site. Your good expertise and kindness in maneuvering almost everything was vital. I am not sure what I would've done if I had not come upon such a thing like this. I can at this time look forward to my future. Thanks for your time very much for your skilled and effective help. I won't be reluctant to refer your blog to anyone who should have guidelines about this issue.