Report: MK Dons 2-2 Millwall

NAD Report Scores new

MILLWALL let a two-goal lead slip as they drew 2-2 with MK Dons at Stadium MK on Saturday afternoon.

An own goal from Ed Upson put Millwall ahead in the 24th minute before David Worrall doubled the advantage three minutes later.

But new signing Kieran Agard struck twice in five minutes to ensure the score was level at half-time.

MK Dons dominated possession but Millwall created enough chances to have won the game, with Aiden O'Brien going close after the break when his shot was saved by David Martin.

Millwall went ahead midway through the first half and it was a nightmare for former Lions midfielder Ed Upson. Tony Craig met Worrall's corner before Upson, who was released by Millwall in July, got the final touch to divert the ball into his own net.

The away side went two goals up in in the 27th minute, Worrall getting his first goal for Millwall when he volleyed home O'Brien's cross.

But in a frantic first half Agard pulled a goal back on his debut following his move from Bristol City when he beat Jordan Archer from outside the box.

There was a blow for Millwall a minute later when former Dons midfielder Shaun Williams was forced off with Jimmy Abdou coming on to partner Ben Thompson.

The drama was unrelenting and after looking dead and buried Agard dragged the home side level when he reached a long ball over the top to beat Archer.

Both sides pressed for the winner after the break and Abdou should have put Millwall ahead in the 73rd minute but saw his shot cleared off the line.

Four minutes later it looked like the Dons would take the lead, but Shane Ferguson got to the ball before Nicky Maynard to prevent a certain goal.

Ferguson injured himself making that interception with Joe Martin – brother of MK Dons goalkeeper David – coming on.

Six minutes from time Craig almost got his second of the game but Martin tipped his header over from Ben Thompson's corner.

MK Dons almost won it late on, but Archer saved from Brandon Thomas-Asante and then Daniel Powell as both sides' two-game winning runs at the start of the season came to an end.

Image source ©Millwall FC