Holloway bites his tongue after Millwall lose to Watford

© Edmund Boyden
© Edmund Boyden

IAN Holloway chose his words very carefully after official Bobby Madley made a string of controversial decisions in Millwall's defeat to Watford on Saturday.

The Lions were denied a penalty with the score at 1-1 when Ricardo Fuller went down in the box – moments before the Hornets took the lead from a contentious set piece at the other end.

Watford made the game safe in the second half when Andy Wilkinson was harshly penalised on the touchline and Gianni Munari scored after a quickly-taken free kick.

The 1,800 Millwall fans at Vicarage Road chanted '3-1 to the referee' at full time.

Asked for his thoughts on the man in the middle, Holloway said: "18 years I have been a manager and that's probably the hardest one I've had to stomach, to be honest.

"Football fans are usually quite accurate.

"But you've got to be able to deal with it and we got too emotionally involved in things. That was summed up by their third goal.

"I told the lads to keep their heads at half time and we came out looking like a really good team. Watford dropped off us and we needed the next goal.

"But a strange free kick was given and two or three of my lads were arguing about the decision when they took it, and you can't do that.

"You've got to deal with whatever the referee gives you. The ref didn't score the third goal, did he? That killed us.

"But I thought my team came here and played very well. How we've lost by two goals I really don't know. Those were two good teams out there."

Martyn Woolford had given the Lions the lead with a well-taken goal in the 12th minute but Matej Vydra stabbed in from close range to equalise.

Shortly afterwards, Fuller's appeals for a penalty fell on deaf ears.

"Ricardo looked really good, we scored a fantastic goal but we've got to do better from that corner for their first goal," added Holloway.

"It's a training ground routine and we haven't seen them do that before. It was a wonderful move, Vydra scored and let them back in it.

"We then felt we should've had something and we didn't get it.

"I make of it whatever the referee I made of it. I'm not paid to do his job am I? If I say what I feel, I'll probably get fined.

"I don't want to have to pay for my opinion – you write what you feel. You all watched the game.

"Ric never goes down. He tries to beat people and nutmeg people because that's what he does.

"We needed those things to go for us."

Alan Dunne was then penalised for a foul on Troy Deeney and Daniel Tozser scored from the dead ball to make it 2-1.

"If it is a foul, that's a red card not a yellow because he was the last man," Holloway said.

"Deeney himself said it wasn't a foul but if you're going to give it, then it has to be a red.

"We had a hell of a melee at half time and I had to get my lads back in but that whole situation was really strange.

"That's probably the strangest game I've ever seen. I saw things there that were strange.

"The referee has got to be able to make a decision that is based on the same for them and the same for us.

"Did Watford play well? Yeah, they did. Did they defend well? Yeah. Did we attack well and play well? Yeah.

"Did the referee have a good game? That's all I'm saying and that makes a huge difference. But I'm not blaming the referee.

"We should have dealt with their third goal, end of story. There are no excuses from me. Have I said the referee was bad? No."

83 thoughts on “Holloway bites his tongue after Millwall lose to Watford

• November 1, 2014 at 18:57

I`ll say it for you ian the ref was a c***!!!!

• November 1, 2014 at 19:01

@bazzer: so one win in ten now , nothing to do with having one of the worst attacking teams we've ever had , all down to the officials , grow up ollie !

• November 1, 2014 at 19:17

@southstandview:
        Were you there ? That was one of the most frustrating games I've seen. Ref was a c***

• November 1, 2014 at 19:26

@82wall: no I wasn't but we are where we are cos of our useless forward line and ollies constant tinkering .

• November 1, 2014 at 19:19

@southstandview: And one of the worst defences, we still can't defend a dead ball situation. Every team that has beaten us this season has got at least 1 goal and often 2 from set pieces. We still haven't learnt.

• November 1, 2014 at 20:18

No mate. THIS GAME was down to the ref. the other lot were down to an attack that can't score

• November 1, 2014 at 20:42

Yes the ref was a c**t but he didn't drop Shittu and Beevers after a superb display last week with a clean sheet in favour of two wa nk er s who had awful games, Dunne in particular. Chop and change the midfield/forwards all you like but leave a solid performing back four alone - Olly f***ed up there.

• November 1, 2014 at 22:01

@bazzer: G'day everyone . Don't worry about refs. I've supported millwall so long , it's just the normal. As the great George Graham said " build from the back" sorry to say . Mr holloway has not got a scooby doo.

• November 1, 2014 at 19:25

Millwall manager Ian Holloway: "Eighteen years I've been a manager and that's probably the hardest one I've had to stomach, to be honest.
    "I think our football supporters are normally quite right and quite accurate and our fans got it right with the chants they directed towards the referee.
    "The second half killed us because we came out, had a good go but we needed that goal.
    "How we've lost by two goals, I don't know."
    I DO. YOU PLAYED DUNNE.
    It's alright to say that the squad understand the tactics and formations. It's another to accept that one player can replace another without the detriment to the team. It does affect. Period. I'm not a big fan of Shittu but he is a much better centre half than Dunne, and Wilkinson is a far superior right back. It's because you made Dunne captain. He should be 'Club Captain? NOT the team captain. End of.
    FFS Pick the best eleven. Stick with it. I know what my best eleven is and yes, it's a matter of opinion, but Ollie must decide on the starting line up and stop fiddling with it. The bottom line is that some Millwall players are better than others, irrespective of the belief that anyone can slot in. They can't.

• November 1, 2014 at 19:31

@NICKOLA: How the hell can you drop Shittu and Beevers and bring back Dunne after last week's performance? Absolutely nuts. We lost because you made Dunne captain and you don't want to leave him out of the team because of it. Saw this coming right from the start. Like the man says, play the best back four and leave it alone to settle down!

• November 1, 2014 at 19:52

@NICKOLA: IH is getting right on my nerves now, I said on one of the other pages I would like to see the back of him, he's just a clown.

• November 1, 2014 at 20:26

Yes lets sack the manger and go backwards behave yourself, Holloway took over a complete mess of a team with no confidence,game plan and on the verge of relegation, It's clear for all to see that we are a better side than last season and are going in the right direction. Just out of interest who do you think should replace Holloway and where is the money coming from to sack and replace him?

• November 1, 2014 at 21:44

@Eightieswall: after the same ammount of games last season under lomas we were only 3 points worse off than we are now , seeing as most people say that lomas was the worst manager we've ever had where does that leave Holloway ?

• November 1, 2014 at 22:31

Holloway has taken 2 teams to the premier league there is no comparing the two. We lost today to a team top of the league. If we win in midweek all we be forgotten.

• November 1, 2014 at 22:38

@southstandview: yes but palace had Murray and zaha up front , we've got nothing .

• November 1, 2014 at 21:56

@Eightieswall: agree with that eighties and the earlier post by nickola. I said very similar on the previous thread.

And to south stand, we may be only three points different than last season, but we are playing better and more intelligent football and are not completely clueless.

At least that's all I remember about the early part of last season.

• November 1, 2014 at 22:08

@bonnie1272: ok we're losing in a more stylish manner , I feel a lot better now

• November 1, 2014 at 23:36

@bonnie1272: yep this team actually looks capable of beating teams from anywhere in the League table, last season we were clueless. To say we are in the same position is ridiculous.

• November 1, 2014 at 19:27

Hope the appropriate ref score wil go in with the dammng report from Millwall Officials on his inepte perfromance. Hope we don't get another call on Monday from the Refs Official Management saying 'sorry we got some decisions wrong' cause they can do one. Respect for Refs they can f*** off

• November 1, 2014 at 20:10

You can go on about weak strikers or bad defending but when u get a no good cheating c*** of a ref. your goin to be up against it. F****** p*** off. We deserved more from today. Time for a beer

• November 1, 2014 at 20:15

Lots of comments which basically sum up the fact that we are fcuked. The teams currently performing in the division are now settled. I like IH but it is starting to feel like he is taking the psis out of the faithful. We want some consistency in team selection and some responsibility being taken when they f*** up.

• November 1, 2014 at 20:32

all three of watfords goals came as a result of poor refereeing, we played the top team on their own patch, we dominated the game had more shots, 59% of the ball, we played very well, but if an official like we had today is allowed to get away with some awful decisions we haven't a hope!! well done the boys proud of the way we played, f*** the c*** in black!

• November 1, 2014 at 20:37

Holloway your a c***, Dunne for Shittu!!

• November 1, 2014 at 20:55

It's easy to blame the Ref and linesmen. The harsh truth is staring at you as we have not got clinical predator goal scorer to bang em in. Say what you like but Watford won the game cause they took the chance to beat us. We need a dangerous man or 2 up front to cause other team to panic and we just ain't got it!
    That what hurts.

• November 1, 2014 at 20:58

Olly is operating some sort of squad rotation system whereby players are switched game to game, regardless of their last performance, ability or hunger. This may work for Champions League contenders like Man City and Chelsea, who have 2 or 3 outstanding world class players for every position, but he is managing a two bob team struggling to stay in the Championship ffs. We do have the luxury, however, of having 2 internationals in the squad in Forde and Shittu and I am baffled that the latter was dropped after last week's match-winning display. If you are autistic Olly and simply have to meddle with the team each week - even after a victory against a newly relegated Premiership club whilst keeping a clean sheet - then interfere with the midfield and forward line but leave a solid, performing and successful back four alone you stupid w****r

• November 1, 2014 at 21:02

In all honesty IH was to blame not the ref, sure he made some really bad decisions but at the end of the day he made the worst one, switching a winning side around!! Danny Shittu was a beast and just cause Dunne is well IH brown noses him like he is Messi or Ronaldo, keep a winning side thats what a normally manager is paid to do?! FIND A WINNING TEAM AND KEEP IT?! Look at old Jenny Jackett he barely touches his squad, when they lose he points out the man that did wrong drops him and the team is back to full strength!!!

• November 1, 2014 at 21:05

F****** hate the way Ollie asks question, and answers them himself! Ask your self these:
    "Am I gona play the same team next week? No!"
    "Did I get my tactics right today? No!"
    "Do I have a clue about my best starting 11? No!"
    "Is Alan Dunne worthy of being captain and playing centre back over Shittu or Beevers? No!"
    "Do I talk out my a***? Yes!"
    Sort it d******* or f*** off!
    "Do I think I'm a big man because I'm Millwall manager? Yes!"
    "

• November 1, 2014 at 21:16

Sorry about the mis-placed grammer! Had a few beers now! Ha! F****** needed them after reading that mugs comments on the game! C***!

• November 1, 2014 at 21:26

Did the ref pick the team ? No ...... You did !

• November 1, 2014 at 21:54

@Lincolnshire Lion: it gets back to the same thing, how the f*** by now have we not established what the best line up is, it's hard to argue with the points you guys have made in ya posts. I like IH and reckon he,s done some good stuff along the way but ya can't keep constantly tinkering. At some stage there's gotta be a level of consistency. Someone mentioned quality of the squad compared to say a chelsea and that's a good point, they got blokes who can turn it on the blink of an eye so obviously a lot more options available to them. Rotating players turns the players heads to jelly after a while , eventually they,l all be waiting at the door to get out. F***, I feel frustrated.

• November 1, 2014 at 22:16

I wasn't at the game but when I saw the line-up and the usual unnecessary changes made once again I knew what the out come would be. I can't believe that anyone who's been a manager for 18 years can get it so wrong, so often. I've read all about his philosophy of having player interchangeability but a left footed winger won't fill in for an injured RB nor can a goalkeeper suddenly become a left-sided midfielder. I thought Lomas was just out of his depth through inexperience but Holloway doesn't have that excuse and is just using us as an experiment which is going badly wrong. I, for one, do not like my club being used as a guinea pig for this egotistical nutter. Go and find a another club to play with and leave mine alone.

• November 1, 2014 at 22:22

G'day everyone . Don't get hung up over the ref today. They are called homers. What we should be talking about, is the defence. The great George Graham said " to build a good team, start at the back" .. Mr holloway has not got a scooby doo folks

• November 1, 2014 at 22:30

Not 100% convinced by IH and never have been - - and rally wish he would bite his tongue more often. Want to see him play a more settled side. Think Dunney been great servant and gets abuse on this site he doesn't deserve. But also think he is now not good enough to play regularly in this division or side. But despite that. That was still one of the most shocking performances by a ref I have ever seen and I am still effing angry. The team did not deserve that today. Thought we played pretty well until ran out of heart towards the end - and don't really blame them for that. I genuinely don't think a settled side would have made much difference out there today. Not usually one to blame results on others but that was shocking. Need to dig deep for Tuesday. Gutted for players today.

• November 1, 2014 at 22:41

We have lost for the first time in 5 matches ,Picking up points against Derby,wolves,Wigan and Cardiff in that time, Not bad for a manager who is supposed to be clueless and needs sacking. Some on here need to get a grip ffs.

• November 2, 2014 at 10:23

@Eightieswall: one of those being Holloway, why do you have a problem with high standards. We have been on an unbeaten run so let's change the team. Yup lets all get a grip H was right ? No he got it wrong again, no doubt he dribble away into a mike somewhere and tell us all how he got it wrong and all the players he has dropped for no reason where on their mobiles. I am loosing patience with this drivel .

• November 1, 2014 at 23:04

I am unable to get to these games, but even the most basic manager should know that you never change a winning side. How can you achieve consistency? Gary Lineker said that on tonight's big match. referring to Southampton's success. At least 7/8 of the players are in the team every week. Ok IH can blame the ref, but what about the other 8 Millwall never won? It wont wash, the manager's constant interference, indecision, formation and tactics are costing us results. For me IH has failed the litmus test and should move on.

• November 1, 2014 at 23:41

Ollie is doing the best he can with the players available and let's be honest a great many of them ain't good enough. Not saying he's perfect but with all his budget tied up what the he'll is he supposed to do. He should be given this season to bloodbath youngsters and keep us up. Judge him next season when HIS squad of players are available.

• November 1, 2014 at 23:45

It is beginning to grate when people panic and start asking for sackings because we lost a game. The first in 5 games in fact.newsflash....This isn't the last game we will lose this season so get used to it and be patient. The changes needed after last season will not happen over one summer and half a season!

• November 2, 2014 at 00:14

sort them f**kin adverts out

• November 2, 2014 at 00:25

Didn't see the game and haven't seen the goals but I'm guessing they were all Dunne's fault?

• November 2, 2014 at 00:35

Looking at the comments on here the common tread is how the constant chopping and changing is p****** everyone off, myself included. Imagine how the players feel. Obviously they can't say it publically but I would think that most of them are p***** off too. Danny was a rock last week and scored the winner. Most of the papers had him as MOTM so guess what, this week take a seat on the bench Danny boy! I bet he felt like saying to Ollie FFS what have I got to do to get a place. Other players have came in and played well and not even made the bench for the next game. FFS Ollie get a settled team. A manager has to make plenty of forced changes due to injuries and suspensions as it is without making loads himself. Surely he must know his team by now, obviously not....

• November 2, 2014 at 02:44

I been to every game this season, and I refuse to go to another one where Dunne is my club's captain. Its just embarrassing. If we all did this I'm sure JB would have a quiet word to Ollie. You think I'm going to travel all around the country, taking me hours and have this clown lead us? Sorry guys, i'm done with Dunne, and all you people talking about playing Beevers, don't have a clue either. Look at the difference when someone with class like Williams plays there, reading the game well, not diving in. I could go on, but why bother. C'mon dislike crew do your best.

• November 2, 2014 at 06:02

@Alexdangelo: Think you have some good points, but we travel all around the country, cause we enjoy the company of so many great super Millwall supporters, plus the witty - banter, booze and fun is regarded as extra . ( the results that these players keep turning out is poor as we have seen )but never mind WE ARE MILLWALL ! ( NOLU , WDC ).

• November 2, 2014 at 06:28

@Alexdangelo: i think bushwacker is being a bit to kind to you..if you dont want to support millwall.the sooner you f*** of the better

• November 2, 2014 at 09:12

@jim28
        To the point as normal for you jim.
        As you know jim i have alway's supported the manager,KJ was not my cup of tea,but i supported him 100%,Lomas i was with him till the death,but to be honest i am getting fed ap with this constant changing of the team.
        IH got the hump with jack powell for using the phone during games,is that the reason we have not seen him in the side,so IH just ban the use of phones during training and matches simple's ,or have we not seen jack because he did not have as good a game as he did in his first two games because in IH own word's i played him slightly out of position,again simple play him in his proper position,powell had two good games against soton and blackpool,so what does IH do he play's him out of position in the next game( IH own words),does not play so well and we aint seen him since.
        I still support IH 100%,but he is doing my head in with all his changes.
        What happened to gregory.

• November 2, 2014 at 09:51

@jim1222: concerning lee gregory.he picked up a slight injury in friday training so hopefully we will see him soon..as for Powell..ih does think highly of him.problem is that the first choice midfield players have come back after injuries so he his spoilt for choice..another thing i've noticed his that he likes players to be able to play in different positions and if they cant.then he drops em...

• November 2, 2014 at 11:57

@Jim28: Well Jim28, Don't usually have go at fans who take the trouble to travel around with the rest of is, I'm sure he like the other LIONS FANS will get over this defeat. "Big - Dan" must be in Tuesdays starting line up with "Big - Beevers" ......( NOLU, WDC ).

• November 2, 2014 at 12:22

@BUSHWACKER14: olly has said both big dan & beevers will play tuesday.lets hope lee's injury is not a bad one cos we missed him saturday..NOLU WDC

• November 2, 2014 at 10:26

@Alexdangelo: So f*** off to Bluewater with the missus then you melt.

• November 2, 2014 at 09:24

Yes the ref was a c*** and we fell asleep for their fist goal but please teach them how to form a wall. A wall should be solid and the kick taker would try to go over or around the wall. It is happenning more often.

• November 2, 2014 at 09:28

It's the same every week everyone on holloways back, he's trying to build a team for the future yes I agree he should never of changed last week's squad there are obviously reasons at the end of the day we need a goal scorer and one that stays in front if goal not out on the wings, we will have a good team once the job is done

• November 2, 2014 at 10:09

@jcmfc1967
      jc please dont think i am knocking IH for the sake of it,as i have alway's supported the manager's in the past,as i will in the future,but some of IH changes are a bit frustrating,i know he is building for the future and i am with him on that,but some times even IH biggest fan must find it hard to see his reasoning with some of his changes.

• November 2, 2014 at 09:46

Goals ! Goals ! Goals ! ... Defend ! Defend ! Defend ! .. Not rockit science is it . We need a big lump up top. Kick the ball at him and when it bounces of him pick up the scraps.

• November 2, 2014 at 09:54

team on tuesday will be different again i bet shittu plays . oh and we need a striker need a striker need a striker need a striker need a striker

• November 2, 2014 at 10:16

@DELBOY64: what ever happened with maierhofer??? Is that door completely shut?? He looked like he made it lively last season , just a pity it didn't work out.

• November 2, 2014 at 10:24

@grassgrower
        Hof thought he was better than he was,as i understand it, he was offered a deal but he looked elsewhere,that did not work out,when hecame back to talk to millwall IH told him where to go.
        Personally,like you i thought he did well for us and he would be perfect to play along side Gregory,but what ever the reason he did not put millwall first and IH did not like that.

• November 2, 2014 at 10:36

@jim1222: I actually think it was JB who pulled the plug, I seem to remember a quote from the chairman saying that 'he (Maierhofer) had been badly advised. Which I took to mean that we offered a deal he thought he could get something better elsewhere that did not come off so he came back and said OK and we said no thanks.

• November 2, 2014 at 10:37

@jim1222: understand completely what you sayin Jim , I just reckon that's sometimes the art of a good people manager. S*** loads of egos in elite sport but there comes a time when ya lay it all on the table. Maierhofer is prob sitting in a pub up to his ears in schnapps n doin f*** all, what a waste!! We need a big unit to create some havoc and seem to be getting a better structure these days so someone like him may be the missing piece in the jigsaw and as far as a wage, if he earns half of what he was offered before it's probably a lot more than he,s getting at the moment.not just that but a chance to actually do something before he blows the opportunity completely. You're a long time retired!!!

• November 2, 2014 at 10:32

Shittu will play Tuesday Ollie has said on BBC Sport. check 3.20 on the managers comments recording.

• November 2, 2014 at 11:03

There is some two faced people on here that are slagging dunne off for trying to tackle deeney who would of been clean through on our keeper & praising Williams for doing the same thing & getting sent off.

• November 2, 2014 at 14:14

@block 28: spot on.but the only difference was that dunny shoulder barged (which is legal).and williams took his player clean out(filthy challenge)..another point is the fact deeney said it were'nt a foul.in other words a f****** dive

• November 2, 2014 at 11:05

We came away from Watford yesterday feeling we could of got at least a point with a bit of luck and decisions going our way.Thought we started well and the game was very pacey on a wide pitch.We really needed that second goal before they equalized and their 2nd goal on half time really put us back.Was gutted no Shittu, but Dunne put straight back in - also we missed young Gregory although Fuller put in a shift. Great support as usual and really laughed when Millwall sang to John Salako - `your just a poor Chris Kamara`- CLASSIC.
    Highlight was in a pub in the High Street before the game when a Watford supporter at the bar started singing expecting a bit of support - and then half the Bar sang `No one likes us` in full voice which turned into many more songs - funny as f**k !

• November 2, 2014 at 12:09

@Longfield Lion: It was a right laugh in spoons before and after the game. The ref was diabolical but Shittu was a must start for me yesterday. I thought Fuller had a blinding 1st half should've had a penalty cant for the life of me understand why the sxitcxunt lino didn't give it as it was right in front of him. I thought Webster was pony. When Shittu plays we normally defend set pieces pretty well. Although the ref had a shocker we need to learn to pick up the forwards running the channels against us its basic defending that is costing us. Lets just hope we learn from our mistakes and do Blackburn on Tuesday night. NOLU WDC

• November 2, 2014 at 11:09

Match of the Day last night stated that seven of the Southampton team, including four of the back five, have played every Premiership game this season. Southampton are second in the Premiership. How many has Ollie chosen consistently? Two?

• November 2, 2014 at 11:13

Shittu needs to play at the moment, yer he has his faults,
    but he don't get bullied by forwards and he rally's the troops.
    Fuller and Gregory will be fine, but another goal scorer is a must
    to keep it fresh up front. The rest will fall into place.
    Injurys and suspensions proberly have sent Holloway into 'Tinker man' orbit,
    but he needs to chill and understand that we are not a PL team or even
    close regarding rotating the team.

I hate that Watford ground, it's like some kind of scrap merchant s**** hole.
    I hope they go up and we get shot of them for a season.

• November 2, 2014 at 12:16

Try not to get frustrated lads, the manager has no money to work with, i know he makes strange decisions but the fact is we're a third tier club and we're hanging in upstairs, i think we'd all be happier with a bit of siege mentality and a bit of jolly old english back to the wall pluck , at least we're trying to play the right way , this is premiership 2 and we're competing .

• November 2, 2014 at 12:39

Whether you are a fan or critic of Holloway, Dunne or anybody else, all that has happened is that we have been beaten away by the League leaders with what was by all accounts another dodgy referee. We have 17 points after 15 games and four winnable games coming up. Six points from our October fixtures was good considering who we had to play, seven or eight points from the rest of November would be a reasonable return and we'd stay on course for another safe season.

• November 2, 2014 at 12:51

On current form we would be on 52-53 points at the end of the season 50 is suppose to be safe but I think this year the teams may be closer at the bottom, so again squeky bum time. I say that as all the teams that have come up are useful, there are no obvious candidates from them for one of the places which is normally the case, only Blackpool look in free fall there are also a few teams with parachute payments and most others have bigger crowds and budgets, which means that to even get mid table we need to punch above our weight as we always need to do unless we can significantly increase our budget. After saying that I feel that we will be OK this year, we have been unlucky it seems to me, Ranegie and Martinez are due to play and Gregory and Fuller also look the part when they play together. I have been, like most of us, asking for a settled side but if you listen or read what Ollie has to say that is not his style, which we have to accept. He has made a lot of changes both on and off the pitch which, I believe, has improved the club certainly the football is much much better, and I trust him. We can only wait to see what happens, but at the end of the season, if we do better than we expect, i.e mid table, those who do say he does not know what his doing should hold their hands up and buy the man a beer. I also think next year there will not be so much chopping and changing as he finally gets all the players he wants playing as he wants we could be a big surprise if we stay up.

• November 2, 2014 at 12:51

The Daily Star reporting today that Millwall are chasing Goossens-a midfielder.
    The former Feyenoord sideman is currently starring for Pune City in the first ever Indian Super League.
    But that competition finishes next month and leaves the 26-year-old looking for another new club.
    Goossens is admired by Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, who was also linked with the former Dutch Under-21 international when he was in charge at Swansea.
    Goossens will be a free agent at the turn of the year and Millwall believe they will be able to put together a financial package to lure him to London.

• November 2, 2014 at 14:27

@NICKOLA: Just what we need yet another midfielder.

• November 2, 2014 at 15:22

You can wrap it up in ribbons all you like and blame the ref if you wanna pass the buck but the plain and simple truth is we was beaten because we didn't take our chances and let in 3 goals. You can't expect to win anything if you let that amount of goals in whether the refs crap or not.

• November 2, 2014 at 16:58

@millwallchris74: you also can't expect to win games when the ref is incompetent and seems to give the home team u fair advantage

• November 2, 2014 at 16:20

"We can't play Saturday-Tuesday, Saturday-Tuesday with the same team at the moment," he said. "Lee Gregory missed today because of a slight injury but should be ok for Tuesday. Danny Shittu will play because I think Blackburn at home is the right kind of game for him.

"Both Matthew Briggs and Scott Malone have only trained two days this week so I will change that on Tuesday, and I could bring (Mark) Beevers in too if I needed."

More changes expected for the midweek, why can't our players play Saturday and Tuesday, previous teams we've had have been more than capable. I thought we played well in stages yesterday, yet again our lack of any real goal threat cost us. Fuller was a handful but never looked like scoring, approach play especially from Upson was excellent and I felt that our defence coped well with them albeit they hit us three times on the break with goals aided by useless officials. We're not far away from being a decent team and I'm still fully behind Holloway as I believe the majority of fans are.

• November 2, 2014 at 16:28

I still think IH is the right man for the job and does need more time. In saying that, does there come a point where a manager needs to listen to popular demand? Is it a weak manager to listen to popular opinion or a strong one to take it on board?

• November 2, 2014 at 17:00

@SE14:no doubting that our crowd are capable of seeing problems and maybe the management team are too close to the problem to see it clearly. To be honest I still think Ollie is getting most decisions right.

• November 2, 2014 at 16:33

@ lennie the lion.. Ifs buts pots and pans . In is a stinker.

• November 2, 2014 at 16:47

We need a big lump of a striker . When ever we have done well in league it's always been so. Lets forget midfield and defence and go for a lower league strike , who is ugly enough to frighten those defenders. One point of note. Nicky bailey like a Rolls Royce , when he brakes down it cost us a fortune. :{

• November 2, 2014 at 22:17

I see how a lot of us fans are quick to judge. IMO Mr IH is probably 1 of the best managers in the championship to be honest he's record speaks 4 its self. If we beat Watford everybody would of been praising him saying he made the right choices give the poor block a chance not a lot of managers could of done much better romwe wasnt built in a day judge him at the end of the season anything better then last season is a start..

• November 2, 2014 at 22:22