Jackett reveals Millwall may sign more strikers this summer

© Edmund Boyden

MILLWALL boss Kenny Jackett has revealed that he is considering strengthening his forward line ahead of the new season.

The Lions have lost two strikers since the end of the 2011-12 campaign, with Josh McQuoid joining Bournemouth yesterday and Spurs loanee Harry Kane returning to his parent club.

And Jackett, who has already completed a deal for Cherries wing back Scott Malone, says he is aware of the need to bolster his attacking options during the summer months.

Oldham winger Chris Taylor is next in line to put pen-to-paper on a deal at The Den, with his move to SE16 expected to be officially confirmed on Thursday evening.

"We'll see how things settle," Jackett told the club's official site. "I wouldn't say there's an outstanding hole in the squad.

"We're always looking at our forward line – every club is – to see if we're strong enough. Last year I didn't think we were strong enough in that area for two-thirds of the season, and I need to make sure we have cover and competition in the centre forward position.

"But we're going to start pre-season with this group and see how the likes of Tam Mkandawire, Therry Raccon and Shaun Batt are. They'll be good additions if they get back from their injuries.

"We'll then be in a position to assess where we are and see if we have type of hunger and desire to start the new season as we finished the last one."

Staff

(@NewsAtDen)

2 thoughts on “Jackett reveals Millwall may sign more strikers this summer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *