Exclusive: Jermaine Easter pens extension to Millwall deal

© Edmund Boyden
© Edmund Boyden

JERMAINE Easter has put pen-to-paper on a 12-month contract extension.

Boss Ian Holloway stated in February that he would be offering the striker a new deal and terms were finalised to keep him at The Den several weeks ago.

Easter was due to become a free agent in the summer.

"Jermaine lifts our group whether he comes off the bench or not," Holloway said, when first confirming that he wanted to keep hold of the frontman.

"His training is something that is completely and utterly outstanding. I let Jermaine leave Palace because I couldn't guarantee him a new deal.

"I liked him but somebody else didn't. I am giving him a new contract because the whole atmosphere at Palace dipped after he left. I've already agreed to give him another year."

16 thoughts on “Exclusive: Jermaine Easter pens extension to Millwall deal

• May 3, 2014 at 15:40

Why? I know he's missed two great chances today but for me why not keep Jackson and get rid of Easter? I think Jackson could do well next season.

• May 3, 2014 at 16:01

@ColdBlowLane: I f****** agree wiv you jackson will be fantastic next season

• May 3, 2014 at 17:12

@ColdBlowLane: It's a case of money, Jackson is on an obscene amount . While Easter is probably on a par with Woolford and Co.

• May 3, 2014 at 19:03

@ColdBlowLane: Why not let both of them go and get someone who can score goals rather than players who are passed there sell by date and do not do what it says on the tin (score goals). But well done today Millwall and thanks for another year in the Championship.

• May 4, 2014 at 11:46

@Barnlion: I'd definitely let them both go. A contract extension for Easter makes about as much sense as the one for Marquis - neither really good enough at this level.

• May 3, 2014 at 15:43

Great news! A player who can be a game changer. I know he lost his presence a bit but he is a quality striker

• May 3, 2014 at 16:07

This is an area we need to improve next season.We need to go out and buy a young striker (or two) from lower Leagues/non-League?
    We did not have a goalscorer this season and that can make a big difference.
    Come on JB push the boat out get us a goalscorer.

• May 3, 2014 at 16:16

Good news and at moment we have to get behind IH after all he has kept Millwall up and I have to admit been a harsh critic in the past, I don't mind having egg on my face rather that, than have been relegated.

• May 3, 2014 at 17:43

Just to let you know it was Jackson that missed those chances today not Easter
    Easter wasn't even on the pitch

• May 4, 2014 at 00:37

@alipally22: alli it was a bit confusing but u need to read that again

• May 4, 2014 at 10:03

@alipally22: I don't know If you're aiming this at me but I know, if you read my comment again it's quite obvious

• May 3, 2014 at 20:02

After the last eight games, if Holloway wants to keep Easter on that's good enough for me

• May 4, 2014 at 09:50

I heard makail-smith wants out at Brighton? He can score goals, he always seemed to score against us!

• May 5, 2014 at 07:13

Loan players normally play out of their skin to impress the fans manager,& the board..that goes for some who are allready here but easter a player who can only play for 20mins wot a loser

• May 9, 2014 at 11:35

I think I'd prefer Easter to Jacko from what I've seen, the boy never stops trying even when things aren't going for him. Who knows if we do keep hold of Jackson as well he may benefit from a pre season.