Millwall manager refuses to be downbeat after stalemate

© Edmund Boyden
© Edmund Boyden

IAN Holloway said he was pleased with his players despite their 0-0 draw with ten-man Doncaster Rovers at The Den.

The Lions did everything but score after Abdoulaye Meiti was sent off for the visitors, who Holloway felt were galvanised by Fred Graham's controversial decision.

Holloway admitted the sending off was harsh and that it worked against Millwall.

"I am not disappointed at all," Holloway said. "I was pleased with the performance. Funnily enough the referee changed the course of the game – I don't think it was a sending off.

"At worst it was a yellow card. After that, the expectation of the crowd grows because you're up against ten men.

"That made it easier and gave them an excuse to sit in and I thought it would be a matter of time before we scored. I still can't believe that we haven't.

"But it's another step towards getting the players doing what I want them to do and we looked a half-decent side to be honest.

"Today's not a day to be disappointed. I'll only be frustrated if we end two points short, but I don't think we will.

"I'm delighted with the effort and togetherness.

"When I put Mark Beevers up front for the last eight minutes, we didn't have any players following up on the edge of the box so I was fuming about that.

"We didn't sort our personnel out. Too many of them looked disappointed and result-obsessed rather worrying about the process of scoring goals.

"I thought we were the better team and the stats will prove that, but well done to Doncaster for showing that kind of spirit, which they got from the referee.

"They felt aggrieved and the red card galvanised them.

"Our fans were completely brilliant from start to finish and I don't think they could fault my lads' effort. That's three wins and three draws and that's promotion form.

"Unfortunately, we're on the end of a mauling for three-quarters of the season but with two games to go we've given ourselves a decent chance of staying up."

83 thoughts on “Millwall manager refuses to be downbeat after stalemate

• April 21, 2014 at 18:29

Yes look at it as a point gained and 6 unbeaten. Vital to maintain positivity at the moment. There will be more twists before the season is out.

• April 22, 2014 at 08:42

@drifter:
      GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY [ AND HELLO ], THE COMPUTER PACKED UP AND
      SUE'S MOBILE WENT ON THE BLINK, [ BUT, I AM BACK !! ] .
      GREAT REULTS AT MIDDLESBOROUGH AND HOME TO DONCASTER ROVERS,
      [ EVEN THOUGH WE DID NOT WIN, WEATHER WAS LOVELY ]...................
      EVERYBODY IS UP AND READY FOR THE Q.P.R. MATCH ON SATURDAY.
      ============
      " NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE "
      STORMIN' NORMAN.............IS ALIVE AND KICKING STILL !!!!!

• April 21, 2014 at 18:29

That's the right attitude Ollie, unbeaten in 6, still in our own hands.

Plus away to top half team = wall win 😉

• April 21, 2014 at 18:36

I'm f****** fed up of negativity at The Den.

No wonder we never get a result, moronic fans down for their one game of the season urging the team to boot the ball forward and then c****** them off when it goes wrong.

Anyone would think we were already relegated! 2 teams between us and the drop and 6 points to play for so let's keep going..

One things for sure I'm more positive about our chances of staying up this year than last!

LIONS

• April 21, 2014 at 18:40

@lions404: totally agree , the crowd was f****** appalling

• April 21, 2014 at 18:50

@thecolumbusblock: let's put in to perspective, some of the crowd were appalling. Had one particular bonehead near me but fifty others willing a Millwall win. Also, how about the two saves their keeper made, especially the second. One of the best saves I have seen for a while. The desire and spirit are there but just could not score today, in a match that was always going to be tight. Holloway has talked about the sending off but, unfortunately for us, he was probably their worst player prior to his red card.

• April 21, 2014 at 18:58

@thecolumbusblock: so true, had the misfortune to have some old moaning c*** sat behind me.

No word of a lie he spend the whole game criticising everything we did. The few times Doncaster attacked 'mark my words they're going to score now!'. Only break I got was when he got up for a p***.

Shouldn't say this about the elderly but the world will be a better place once this old f*** dies.

• April 21, 2014 at 21:09

Moaning / frustration= a fine line when you've gone five up front for the last 15 against ten men and still can't score

Jackson and Easter were holding hands and everything Morison headed went behind everyone in the box with no one following up.

If you think that's enjoyable against a crap team like Donny maybe you ought to be at charlton

• April 22, 2014 at 13:04

@brockleysfinest: it wasnt enjoyable but c****** them off all the time didnt help

• April 21, 2014 at 18:43

Ollie always looks at it sensibly,we WILL avoid the drop COYL!!!

• April 21, 2014 at 19:02

To be really honest, we were poor, our away fight just isn't there At the New Den.we will be at Q.P.R. Next week, so a win on the cards.

• April 21, 2014 at 19:04

Real shame that we didn't score, Moro looked most likely when he came on but generally we didn't create enough clear cut chances considering our dominant possession. We were definitely the better team even when they had eleven men.

• April 21, 2014 at 19:09

Donny came with a plan that was reinforced when the sending off came, I thought thir centre backs had blinders and their keeper the same.

I also thought Forde was lucky not to give away a penalty.

Take it on the chin and move on.

• April 21, 2014 at 19:20

I will be honest, I was one of those frustrated fans today! In hindsight Doncaster did well to keep us out rather than us only having one or two shots on target.
    Still can't help but think it is two points dropped. Onto QPR....

• April 21, 2014 at 19:27

Fcuking co@ks we could of played until Thursday evening and not scored. It's ok people moaning about our pessimist supporters we have no pace or invention

• April 21, 2014 at 19:29

Thought the players looked to anxious again playing at home today, they look full of confidence when playing away. Good news is that QPR are already in the play offs, lets hope Harry gives some of his better players a day off against us.

Like last season it's gonna go to the last game of the season.

• April 21, 2014 at 19:31

I can totally understand why we struggle at home & not away, away we haven't got these total brain dead tosses who s*** off the team so theirs no pressure for the boys so they can play their football, today I thought baring in mind we only played 48 hours ago they all ran there hearts out for the club, they never stopped trying, it's not our fault they came for the point & had 10 behind the ball, to all those that bood at the end stay away we don't need you, we're not the best team in the league but today's spirit & fight was real 100% millwall ,coyl we can beat the drop.

• April 21, 2014 at 19:32

Ollie has done a very good job to get us where we are and although today's game was a massive disappointment their are still two games left with a lot more twists and turns still to come..

I also thought the shouting and abusing of our players at home is not very encouraging in getting the right results out of our players and must be contributing to us not winning at home, as they did look very nervy in the last twenty minutes today with the fans on their back and venting their spleens !!

• April 21, 2014 at 19:33

How unlucky were we today ?
    we p***** all over em. Gutted for the players. Johnson looks a really good young keeper, what a save to deny moro maybe worth a cheeky bid if we stay up and forde decides to go.
    thought we sprayed the ball about nicely today especially at the back.
    my only negative is for some reason we can not buy a win at home but that said I can't fault them today
    1 point is better than none suppose and we remain unbeaten.
    Cant wait til saturday.
    COYLs
    good effort today.

• April 21, 2014 at 20:11

@lukesmithmfc: I thought we played well today. Very impressive unit until we saw the posts and the net. Thought Bailey was good in midfield tackling and winning the ball. From behind the goal it seemed like we were trying to pass it over the line. I feel there were times when somebody needed to take responsibility for a shot rather than looking for another pass.

• April 21, 2014 at 20:43

@Windsor Lion: agree with that windsor, I also sat behind the goal today and also felt they tried too hard to impress us with their new found passing ability rather than go for the jugular from the off. Much better though with a fit bailey bossing the middle of the park.
        well they can now get a days rest and start again for another massive game on saturday, lets hope now rangers have sealed their play off fate mr bircham can have a quiet word in old harry's ear to sort us out a much needed cheesey.

• April 21, 2014 at 19:40

No reason for optimism after today

• April 21, 2014 at 20:11

@mfcmike: we didn't lose, not in the drop zone, kept a clean sheet. Yeh no positives whatsoever.

• April 21, 2014 at 20:30

@MFC Lion: I will give u a full and frank apology if we stay up, but we're not good enough @home in front of 12k p poor

• April 22, 2014 at 09:19

@mfcmike: not looking for an apology but why are you acting like we're already down?

It's in our own hands and we are in better form than all the teams around us. Compare to the table a month back.

• April 21, 2014 at 20:04

Oh well, we'll all be pessimistic then,

• April 21, 2014 at 20:18

I'm disappointed to be honest , I don't really care what anyone says, today felt like a loss to me , we should of had them.

• April 21, 2014 at 20:21

Yeovil relegated-Good as.

Going to go to the last game of the season....Just like last year.

• April 21, 2014 at 20:25

Went to the den today and although it wasn't the result I wanted at least we didn't lose. Can't believe the amount of opportunities we had and just couldn't finish although that c*** of a goalkeeper just kept getting his hands on it at vital times. Had a beer in arrys bar after game and enjoyed all the photos of the old den etc. let's keep up the charge, it was an average day but there's better to come. Cheers.

• April 21, 2014 at 21:27

@grassgrower: glad you could make it and it was worse than an average day - it could be the result that puts us down - for all the effort there was very little intelligent play - the crowd wanted to get fully behind us but we lacked quality at the right times - WE need a break now - because I can almost guarantee Charlton will lose to Blackpool final day to f*** us over and Birmingham have the easiest game possible against Leeds next - if they win those games we have to win one providing Donny don't lose both heavily - it really shouldn't have come to this

• April 21, 2014 at 22:21

@timchimes:
        Really dont see Birmingham's next game against Leeds as the easiest possible. Ask any brum fans if you know any and I dont reckon you would find one that would agree with you.

• April 21, 2014 at 22:13

@grassgrower:
      Gutted we couldn't get the win for you today mate. You do though get huge respect from me for the distanced travelled to attend today. It puts my 3 miles to shame.

• April 21, 2014 at 20:26

Its a point....... and 1 point might make all the difference. If it turns out its not...then come back on here and say your piece then.......But I think it will be....

So I believe Harry boy will rest players next week.... they have us then Barnsley... he will rest a few players that day to though ready for their playoffs.....

Also lets hope that Bournemouth have nothing to play for after next week....if they lose to forrest then they cant make the play offs which means they will come to the Den with nothing to play for... if they beat forrest than they have everything to play for......

Blackpool have Wigan / Birmingham have Leeds...... Big games for Millwall......

Lets all think positive and this time next week will be safe....

Enough Said..

• April 21, 2014 at 20:49

@Kiwimillwall: As supporters we all tend to be blinkered re other teams when the truth is that Blackpool, Birmingham and Doncaster (Reading (h), Leicester (a)), are under massive pressure to find a win from somewhere and are only scraping draws at best right now whereas, unlike this time last year, we still have a win in us. COYL

• April 21, 2014 at 20:51

@Kiwimillwall: it has little to do with positive thinking by us and more to do with the fact that we are expecting to stay up with 5 home wins - when was that done? simple - if we do not beat QPR or Bournemouth we will go down - Today was the biggest gimme we will ever have and we blew it - the players may have tried hard but I don't buy the thesis that the fans are to blame for this one - we didn't create one clear cut chance in 45 mins against 10 men - I posted earlier on the other story how all the loose balls on the edge of the box fell to them - IH now says he is fuming about it - well not as fuming s me because I couldn't change the formation , he could. If we get out of this it is because Blackppol lose two games or Doncaster lose two - hoping Bournemouth have nothing to play for and QPR take it easy on us should not be necessary

• April 21, 2014 at 20:49

Huffed and puffed but couldn't blow the donny defence down!!!
    One win from next two games should see us safe!

• April 21, 2014 at 20:52

Every time my dad has gone, we haven't won. He hasn't seen us win since September. Don't worry though, he says he won't be around for the Bournemouth game. Get in! Looking forward to QPR on Saturday. 3 points, is that too much to ask for?

• April 21, 2014 at 21:36

One day break after an away match at Boro'!!!

Says it all, looked jaded. How does s*** like that happen at this stage of the season? Just our luck.

Also no trains for the biggest game of the season so far and one poxy bus replacement for 100's of fans both Millwall and Doncaster, disgraceful, it does not happen at other clubs.

• April 21, 2014 at 21:52

Just got back from the den it was just one of those games thought we played well but just missing the final pass. Thought the fans were great was it worth the 14 hours round trip yes be cause we are Millwall .

• April 21, 2014 at 22:42

@>carewlion. Nice to hear u had a good day not the result we wanted but we live to fight another day. We looked nervous on the ball today but a win at QPR will do the trick.

• April 22, 2014 at 14:18

@block 28: thanks block 28 it was worth it trying to get back down for the Bournemouth match but a result on Saturday and we could be safe

• April 21, 2014 at 22:54

I really think sum slags just like to have a pop...get behind yer f****** team..we have to get your support

• April 22, 2014 at 14:23

@Jim28: just think with the home fans some are just frustrated I think the away just back the team thought yesterday 80% backed the team 20% just moaned and give the players grief the players give their all nothing else you could ask for.

• April 21, 2014 at 23:24

I have been among those critical of Olly's performance since he came here, and I'm still to be convinced, but no-one can deny an upturn in results and performances. Whether that's down to him or not, we are no longer favourites for the drop and are in a better position than many other teams. 4 weeks ago, I would have bitten your arm off to be in the position we are in tonight. As I said earlier, I don't think we can fault the players today, I thought we went long ball too early but that is just my opinion and if it's a criticism of the manager, it;s a small one. They came for a point, even before the sending off, and after the sending off, understandably, they just stuck everyone behind the ball. I don't think we looked nervous today; I actually thought we played some really good football, especially in the first half. We seem to have developed a style more suitable to counter attacking football and you're not going to be able to play that against a team away from home, fighting for their survival and going down to ten men. A disappointing result today but we're still fighting and have given ourselves a good chance of surviving. Who knows what's going to happen, but if the worst does happen, it's not down to today's result or performance.

• April 21, 2014 at 23:51

@Adsy77777:
      it could be argued we are favourite to go down- Brum play Leeds in their game in hand and it seems Leeds have given up if you listen to their manager after the forest defeat - so why shouldn't brum win that- and why won't Blackpool beat Charlton when Charlton are safe last game - what does that mean- we have to win a game or draw and hope Donny lose both - I don't believe in fate but I do know the maths tend to add up and teams don't often stay up with 9 wins which is what will happen if we stay up with one or two draws - I personally don't think we will win either game - time will tell

• April 22, 2014 at 00:00

@timchimes: You could also argue that having qualified for the play offs, qpr have nothing to play for and might rest players for the play offs. bournemouth are pretty much out of the play offs and also have nothing to play for. All I know is we have a chance after our little run but anything can happen.

• April 22, 2014 at 12:38

@Adsy77777: adsy it might be better for us if bournmouth do have a chance of getting into the play offs,they will then have to go for it at the den and we can counter attack as we have been doing well away from home.i was frustrated at us not being able to score against donny,but a lot of our supporters have got to learn not to get on the players backs though,the booing at the end could have been directed at the ref for allowing so much time wasting by their goalkeeper,at least i hope it was

• April 22, 2014 at 13:12

@jim1222: Who knows mate - I still think there are so many permutations that trying to second guess who'll do what against who will send you boss eyed. I hope the booing was aimed at the ref, who I thought was poor. How on earth he only gave 3 added minutes was beyond me. There were 5 substitutions in the second half which I thought equates to 5 mins at least. When they were time wasting he kept pointing at his watch, f*** knows what he was saying to them, but he certainly didn't stop the watch! I didn't think it was a sending off either.

• April 22, 2014 at 01:12

Bournemouth is going to be a very nervy game hopefully the lose next week and can't make the playoffs so they don't have anything to play for... I think we can do it regardless!
    A point against QPR and then a win at home to treat us at the den on the last day and the. Look forward to next year! COYL

• April 22, 2014 at 07:14

We can actually be safe by next week , if you think about it Doncaster play reading who still need to get into play offs and Leicester away which is difficult , Blackpool go to Wigan who still haven't been guaranteed a play off place , birmingham I don't think will beat Leeds and Wigan which is there game in hand because they have not won at home since beating sheff wends which that was in October , Charlton are not out of it because they still need to play Watford and Blackburn at home who are good away and charltons home record is as poor , Barnsley and yeovil are basically down unless a miracle happens so realistically we have a chance at QPR because they will be resting important players.

• April 22, 2014 at 12:43

@boblion: good post bob reading will go for it and leicester will want to round off their good season with a good performance in front of their fans,so come on woods if you play do us a favour and have a good game.

• April 22, 2014 at 07:18

Oh yh if we beat QPR and Blackpool lose they will be relegated unless birmingham lose to Leeds and thier game in hand against Wigan.

• April 22, 2014 at 08:00

According to some of the fans the supporters were to blame cos we couldn't score against ten men..f*** me thats b*******...

• April 22, 2014 at 08:42

@Jim28: it's the fans who b**** and moan for 90 mins that do nothing to help the team. We have some toxic fans, don't defend them.

Sure it was frustrating not to get the win but Donny sat back and defended the whole game and we just couldn't break through. It happens.

Rather than be pessimistic look at how much better our position is to a month ago when we were 8 or so pts behind Blackpool. Massive improvement which we would all have been delighted with.

• April 22, 2014 at 08:38

Bottom line about the game was we had plenty of effort, not much guile against a team that after the sending off sat behind the ball and shut up shop. I thought they defended really well, their goalkeeper had a blinder and we lacked any idea of how to break them down. The stats say it all, 68% possession, 19 shots, 5 on target, 14 corners and the same problem we have had all season, we can't score. I thought we had too many strikers on the pitch at the end, all getting in each others way, but anyway, a win at QPR will see us stay up. I cannot bear the thought of needing a win on the last day to avoid relegation, my nerves won't stand it!!!!

• April 22, 2014 at 10:13

I was there, we played the best I have seen us play in at least 3 years, Donny done exactly what we or any other team would have done. Lets get real for a minute, we have taken 4 points out of 2 games when last month the best we could have hoped for was maybe 1.
    Best Player for us was Malone, best for them, the whole Defence,,,,,,I think that sez it all.
    Olly is the right man for the job and I would have chosen him over KJ if the choice was mine.
    I think we will stay up by 1 point and be in a play off place next season but we need to get rid of the mighty midget twins ( Easter and the other one ) up front and keep the Hoff and Morrison with Fred Playing just behind them, a bit like Trotter.

• April 22, 2014 at 11:07

Bottom line is, Ian Holloway wanted the team to play his style of football instead of playing THE style of football needed in a relegation fight. If he had done so( & not changed the team week in week out) We may have already been safe, And mr Holloway we are not going for promotion or for the play-offs, Yes we have had some good results AWAY from home But just one win from those last three home games would have seen us safe more or less.

Well Mr Holloway, You did it your way. And it could have cost us our championship status!!!

• April 22, 2014 at 11:33

@Millwall_Jim: we may have been safe or we may have already been relegated had he gone for hoof ball tactics. Impossible to know for sure but surely the away results indicate we are playing better stuff and also getting the much needed wins to go with it.

Agree he made a lot of changes to the team but we are playing better than under lomas and we are still on course to stay up.

• April 22, 2014 at 11:17

Cant believe some of the stuff people are saying on here!? Of course it is harder for us to win at home we arent a brilliant barca side teams put 10 behind the ball and it puts pressure on us knowing our fans will give the players a hard time making our players nervy to put a foot wrong.. playing away suits our game more.. and i saw martin throw his shin pad on the floor in anger at the end so i think the team are as fustrated as us.. its football is everything went to plan what would be the point in watching it! 6 unbeaten is something i did not think would happen this season!

• April 22, 2014 at 13:03

@SLloyd23:
      it is at these times that it needs more than effort ; it needs intelligent play - as Ollie said himself we chased the win and lost discipline - that's what disappointed me - we needed patience to play the ball around, make the extra man count and find the right opening - instead we snatched at half chances - the worry is that we will replicate that against Bournemouth, because it is going down to that game

• April 22, 2014 at 11:20

Moyes has been sacked just because Man U never got into the top four! What does that tell you? We would have been delighted if Millwall had got 7th spot. Money and stars do not guarantee success, its It has been a hard slog and dreadful season. Bad appointments,bad signings and really the buck has to stop with the chairman. If we stay up then major changes have to be made and a clear out of the club, if we go down the same has to happen. Millwall have been in a rut for years, and the club has to take a new direction entirely, how exactly is another question.
    Blame cannot entirely be laid at the door of the managers, look how KJ has transformed Wolves and taken them up. It is within the psyche of Millwall and sorry to offend but some supporter's negative attitudes do not help. I hope we stay up but also to see major changes over the summer.

• April 22, 2014 at 11:26

@Peckhamlad: chopping and changing managers doesn't work on many occasions. It's desperation from clubs in most cases. (Can't really compare us to Man U, by their standards they've been awful).

Ollie leaving Palace and Pulis coming in looks a fantastic change and with a bit of luck the same will be the case for Ollie replacing Lomas at Millwall.

• April 22, 2014 at 11:22

I was pleased with the effort and passion shown by the players yesterday. when teams come to the den and park the bus that says a lot about how far this team has come, earlier in the season teams were coming and attacking us from the start and rolling us over. not anymore so wall done to Ollie and the players, I bet noddy rednappey wont be looking forward to us coming on sat.

• April 22, 2014 at 11:30

same old millwall shredding our nerves. still love them all the same!

• April 22, 2014 at 12:49

@TONY BLOCK28: It would not be Millwall if they did not do this to us.They like to keep us interested.Roll on Saturday cant wait

• April 22, 2014 at 12:34

I don't think some people realise how difficult it is to break down a team who park the bus and put everybody behind the ball even if you are a good team with creativity it's hard and we lets face it are not a very good side right now but we are moving in the right direction so all you doom Sayers out there need to get off the team and the managers back a few weeks ago everybody including myself thought we was dead and buried now we are in with more then a fighting chance so lets all get behind em Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• April 22, 2014 at 12:51

one thing i cant get my head round,ollie has had one win at home against ipswich,when you look at the effort and enthusiame we put into that game,lowry in particular,where did the effort and lowry go is he injured or what.

• April 22, 2014 at 13:17

@jim1222: I think we can safely say Lowry won't be here come the summer. I'm only guessing but by the way he's dropped completely out of the picture he's already indicated he won't be staying OR the club have told him they don't need him. Would certainly free up some wages.

• April 22, 2014 at 13:30

@jim1222: At the end of last season KJ indicated that some players without naming them were causing unrest in the dressing room. Trotter and Keogh were part of the squad built by KJ , as was Lowry. Whether we stay up or get relegated the nucleous of KJ's squad would have gone by the Summer ie Forde, Lowry, Trotter, Henry and Keogh

• April 22, 2014 at 13:41

@denslions: I don't have a twitter account myself, but if blackpool get relegated and we survive can someone please tweet keogh on my behalf. I don't usually get wound up but his tweets after blackpool beat us were completely lacking in class.

• April 22, 2014 at 20:06

@Adsy77777: I don't have a Twitter account either but I also noted Keogh's comments after the Blackpool game which made me wonder if he was one of the players KJ was referring to and we are best rid of.

• April 22, 2014 at 13:27

It was a good turn out yesterday but a lot of the positive energy did turn negative which was no use to the players, i had a few whingers near me too, it just seemed like we wanted to score the perfect goal but if you had offered me 4 points for these last 2 matches i would have taken it.

And the ref was a joke in terms of the hoff, the hoff was having his shirt pulled all the time and nothing given as soon as he does it back the whistle goes.

but after our last 3 away games, i feel positive for saturday and hope we get the 3 points as i dont want it go down to our last game but that is the millwall way we never do anything easy.

• April 22, 2014 at 15:02

@Timchimes I'm not arguing with your point of intelligent play, i see where your coming from.. But as someone else said breaking down a team who is only there to defend is not easy.. if we had been tippy tappy at the back all game im sure people would have come on here and said 'should have got at them more more balls into the box etc' so there are two ways of looking at it. I'm just glad we are actually capable of getting into games and winning some.. If we stay up it will be the luckiest season ever

• April 22, 2014 at 16:01

@SLloyd23: yes as with others on here, when so much has gone well away, it becomes hard to understand why we consistently fail at home - of course much of it is pressure and not playing in a relaxed body and frame of mind (trying too hard in many cases) That is where I make the distinction - play less hard physically and better tactically. Managing the crowd's expectations is part of a professional footballer's job. Look at Brum, no win at home since October; it is because their fans think of themselves at a PL team and let the players know it - it is counterproductive. But that is where the professionalism lies - the best players take a bit of abuse as a compliment and thrive off it - look at Suarez , almost universally disliked outside Liverpool and Uruguay , but he says 'keep abusing me and I'll play better' - We had to take account of that on Monday but we didn't, even by IH's admission. If we are not going to play relaxed after 3 away wins like that, then when will we turn the corner at home? It hurts because it is these small things that make the difference - we can't keep passing up the opportunities because we simply don't have the squad to guarantee a win against anyone. As all the players keep saying the away wins count for nothing if we still go down so you would have thought maximum focus on the second half - clear intelligent tactics to get one goal , but no it was rushed and hectic - You know most other teams would have won that -

• April 22, 2014 at 17:04

@timchimes: Suarez gets no abuse at home, is a fantastic player and can do things our players only dream about, so not a good comparison. How about Barcelona against Chelsea in the Champions League, against 10 men. Couldn't score and lost on the break, are they among the 'most other teams'? I agree we lacked any real tactics or guile as I have said previously, but I do think playing at home is really putting the players off, as the abuse they were getting from numpties where I was sitting was a joke. I felt for them, and you could see how gutted they were at the end. So I hope we get points at QPR because the pressure on them v Bournemouth will be debilitating.

• April 22, 2014 at 21:15

@beedoscores: yes I see your point but it is always a case of degrees -- our strikers need to do the job - Morison's goal against Watford was a rare moment of class from our strikers - it is what you have to do at this level to win games- we have relied on big goals from Malone and Edwards on the road and Hof will get tighter attention now - I think the crowd issue papers over the issue that our strikers aren't clinical -

there is no excuse for the idiots that spout abuse for no reason

also Barca missed a penalty didn't they - you also need luck

• April 22, 2014 at 19:03

Win for Reading tonight is a big plus for our survival. It will put them in the box seat for the final play off spot which means they will be going all out against Doncaster on Saturday to maintain sixth place. If they lose or draw tonight I could see some of the fight going out of them as they'll then be 3rd or 4th favourite for sixth. I'd like to see Doncaster try and park the bus against a rampant Reading.

• April 22, 2014 at 21:08

@lion.ie:

Reading 2 up - lost a player to injury though

possibly also key is that Leicester are playing tonight - if they drop points in the next two games they might not have the title sewn up by the time they play DONCASTER last game if Burnley can carry on winning (unlikely but it would help a great deal)
      Reading weren't so rampant against Wigan last week - they are a bit of a home team generally but I would be gutted if they lost to Donny if Donny muster two draws do you think we will finish above them - we can't do it with 2 draws ourselves - we have to win a game

• April 22, 2014 at 21:50

Was at the game yesterday and have to say you can feel the pressure going on the lads, at one stage yesterday 1st half nothing was on forward so we kept possesion came back and started again. The crowd went nuts and even Fordey was saying calm down to the fans. Before we would just lump it, but now we're playing about showing some fight and picking up decent points along the way. I can see some people saying we can't play football in a relegation battle, but 6 games unbeaten now. It might be to late but we're giving it a bloody good go. Who would have seen this coming 3 weeks ago? We're still in there having ago, so lets keep believing. See you for Bournemouth. Until then I'm back home in sunny cornwall, Good luck against Arrys boys on saturday ( we always give the top 6 a run for there money).
    MIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...............

• April 22, 2014 at 22:15

other forum reporting Kevin Friend the ref for Saturday

he has refed 4 of our games and given 2 pens against us - the loss to Bolton in the cup I remember ; anybody remember the others

• April 22, 2014 at 23:26

Ah,who gives a f***!! Up down , in out sounds like a sbs porno movie. Let's just go there sat and take it right up to the c****, be cheeky,be brave and f*** them all. Nobody likes us today and they didn't like us yesterday, play the game hard and they can all suck our dicks . We,l get wot we deserve from our efforts . Big budgets big formations ,yeh, polish my helmet!!! Millwall always!!!! The rest , get f*****.

• April 23, 2014 at 08:47

@grassgrower:
      WELL grassgrower, THAT IS PRETTY EXCITING READING !!!!
      BUT AS YOU SAY, WE WILL DO OUR THING COME SATURDAY
      AT QPR.
      " NO ONE LIKES US, WE DONT CARE "
      STORMIN' NORMAN..............LOVES A GOOD READ !!!

• April 23, 2014 at 15:06

@bermlion: prob got a bit out of order norm after a large drinking session and after reading it again maybe should've checked what I wrote but was a bit frustrated after sats game when luck deserted us again . Just couldn't believe how close we,d come to the net especially in that last few minutes. Anyway, I stand by the fact that we,l do it our way and I was wrapped to be there sat to see the game. Unfortunately, I've seen 3 games live and haven't seen millwall score in any of them. Great club it is and well, you know the rest!!!!