Preview: Millwall vs. Doncaster Rovers

©
©

IAN Holloway could make changes to his side for Doncaster's visit to The Den.

Millwall claimed an impressive away victory at Middlesbrough on Saturday but Holloway has admitted he may freshen up his starting XI to combat any tiredness in the squad.

Holloway said: "I think I'll have to – I don't want to, but I have to be very careful.

"The substitutions I made against Boro were with that in mind and the lads who came on did fantastically well."

That could http://www.ourhealthissues.com/product/propecia/ mean Steve Morison will come in for goal-hero Stefan Maierhofer, despite his brace of headers at the Riverside Stadium.

Jimmy Abdou and Scott McDonald also came off the bench and will be pushing for starts.

Ed Upson (ankle) and Danny Shittu (Achilles) will miss the rest of the season.

Doncaster expect top-scorer Chris Brown to be fit after he was forced off with cramp in his side's 2-0 defeat by Derby County on Good Friday.

Richie Wellens (foot) and Lucas Neill (hamstring) could also feature.

46 thoughts on “Preview: Millwall vs. Doncaster Rovers

• April 20, 2014 at 16:59

I trust your judgement Holloway so do what you think is best. You know where players are regarding fitness and petrol in the tank so over to you maestro.
    I will support whatever team you out out.
    Good luck tomorrow. You have certainly earned it.

• April 20, 2014 at 17:01

So its a couple of ex Millwall boys playing for Doncaster tomorrow Lucas Neill and theo Robinson mind you I don't care who they have got playing for them as long as we beat them and make our selfs safe and finish above blackpool,charlton ,Doncaster and hopefully Birmingham

• April 20, 2014 at 17:07

I know we all meant to be worried about playing a lot of games in a short amount of time but these are pro footballers (don't change the starting line) it's no coincident we've been doing well since dropping Morrison to the bench, now we've got a forward who puts a shift in.... Coyl

• April 20, 2014 at 17:27

@mfcmike: I agree mfc, dont change a winning team. Only if forced to. Bring Moro on by all means but only if the Hoff tires.

• April 20, 2014 at 18:37

@mfcmike: I dont think we are playing better because out top scorer is a sub, I think its because Holloway has dropped players with no heart or desire to play for us, Bringing back Bailey who has made a massive difference and looks like a proper Wall player, Playing a winger(Martin) who gets crosses in the box, Getting the Hoff has given us another dimension,Oh and making Dunne captain. Without Morrisons goals we would be down by now.

• April 20, 2014 at 17:22

Mlillwall 3 Doncaster 0..... The Lions to show their Teeth. & Claws.

• April 20, 2014 at 17:30

@BUSHWACKER14:
      That would be great. We could all just relax and make some serious noise as we let go of a whole seasons frustrations.
      Hope your right.

• April 20, 2014 at 17:22

Not a great fan of changing a winning team, but two games in 48 hours I can maybe understand the need to do so. Plus the travelling hasn't helped, having said that I would like the big man to start up top.

• April 20, 2014 at 17:27

Stick to the team rules and the do the things that have been workin for us lately, old London Town looks a bit wet. Hopefully a huge crowd to get the boys home.

• April 20, 2014 at 17:29

Whoever pulls on the shirt tomorrow we, as a support, have to be 100% behind 'em. We've all had a whinge & a moan on here over the course of the season & one of the main complaints was that the players showed no b*******. Well after Dunneys dressing room rant (wouldn't ya just love to have been a fly on the wall for that one?!) they have galvanised as a team & they deserve our best efforts against Donny. So if your in or around block 29 tomorrow & you see a big lump jumping up & down at every kick & tackle don't mock me, join in! C'MON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!!

• April 20, 2014 at 20:47

@MickyMillwall: Bang on the money Micky, we need a home win and this one should be it, but it'll only come if we get behind the boys. Lets do what we did against Blackpool at home - even the commentator after the game made mention that we were applauding everything!

• April 20, 2014 at 23:41

I'll be in block 28 seeing every one stands & are allways going nuts (normally at the oppo subs..stewards refs lino's ) doubt if we'd notice

• April 20, 2014 at 17:35

Go full throttle from the start and bury them. I'd start fredericks aswell

• April 20, 2014 at 17:46

@Dazi:
      Edwards for me hopefully.

• April 20, 2014 at 17:51

Freshen it up if you must but I would like to see as many of the winning line up start again as win this game and we should more or less be safe.

• April 20, 2014 at 18:26

Don't want to tempt fate here but Donny have the worst away record in the division and Blackpool are away to Brighton COYL

• April 20, 2014 at 18:39

without being pessimistic the ticket sales aren't good - will be lucky to get the same crowd as Watford - Donny won't bring as many as Watford - looks like it's up to the same faces - hope I am wrong and we get POTD customers but it ain't looking promising for a big crowd

• April 20, 2014 at 20:37

@timchimes: hope your right and getting some through the door,I am coming down from Liverpool I can make the effort

• April 21, 2014 at 07:35

My comment about plastic fans certainly wasn't aimed at you mate. I've moved out of South London too, not as far a Liverpool but enough to make going to the matches an all day event. I cant be at todays match unfortunately.Plastic fans are those who don't come all season then manage to get 20 tickets for their mates when there's a big game. Good luck today, safe journey. COYL.

• April 20, 2014 at 22:38

30 sheets a ticket on a bank holiday Easter Monday will be what turns people away. It's tight out there for a lot of us I think the club needs to look at how much there charging. They need to look at getting revenue elsewhere rather than bleeding us dry

• April 20, 2014 at 18:45

Thei ribinson is the fastest player I've seen at the den, hope we can handle that pace.

• April 20, 2014 at 18:47

I'm there!! Can't keep slagging off the gates iv only missed two games this season but every week I swear to myself I'm never going back, i

• April 20, 2014 at 19:08

@seanmfc:
      it is not about slagging off the gates - it is simply that our squad is unsustainable on 10000 - even if we stay up, what next year? - if you have missed two then that is all that can be expected-

for those who say they are MIllwall and all those who used Lomas to stay away, what more do they want than the last two weeks - I'm talking about those who only turn up for Charlton and Leeds, but are proud to announce themselves as Millwall fans - I know it happens everywhere , Wolves got 31000 this weekend more than in the Prem and look at all those lifelong Palace fans that have emerged suddenly - there will always be hangers-on but unless a lot of tickets are sold tomorrow you ask what is the point of staying up if that is the level of interest in our situation

• April 20, 2014 at 19:10

Agree with most about not changing a winning team but we have a few oldies and a couple only just getting their match fitness so a little caution won't go a miss as we still have 2 massive games after tomorrow so we can't rest on our laurels. Winning tomorrow is paramount to staying up so all I ask is that anyone on here who's going tomorrow pls refrain from giving players stick for the mistake or 2 that will happen and be heard in giving bags of encouragement to the boys, they've recieved a fare bit of stick at home the past couple games (rightly or wrongly) but nows the time for us to help push em over the line as they deserve it of late, they've given themselves a very realistic chance of staying up and up or down they've started to show we're in this together so lets give 100% positive vocal support.
    COYLs lets av it large tomorrow.
    Surely it's someone else's turn to get a hiding at the den this season ? Law of averages and all that, still a nice 1-0 will do me just fine.

• April 20, 2014 at 19:37

Don't change a settled side bring on fresh legs when players are tired I'm sure this team wants to play in every game keep some stability stop all the chopping and changing

• April 20, 2014 at 19:37

Bring Martin and Hof in the last last 35-40mins- after there players may have worn down a bit

I reckon Moro will have something to prove tomorrow, good bit of comptetion should bring out the better of him,

2-0 by half time again!
    Finish 3-0
    COYL!!

• April 20, 2014 at 20:21

What a great 3 weeks it's been for us - after the Blackburn game - I thought it was curtains for us in this league... but somehow, IH and this group of players have managed to keep plugging away and building on the positives - despite some outrageous misfortunes...
    WELL DONE TO THE TEAM, IH AND THE MILLWALL FAITHFUL WHO GO WEEK IN WEEK OUT - AND ESPECIALLY THE LADS THAT WENT TO BORO.
    But we're not quite out of it yet lads, so lets get the den rocking tomorrow and see if we can roar our lions to the finish line... MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL......MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.....MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.... MIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... COYL!!!

• April 20, 2014 at 20:33

I'm sorry but that ex vermin c*** Dickov has a trick up his sleeve. Don't expect this game to go according to plan. Gotta nasty feeling about this mob. Hopefully we can get the 3 points but it's gonna be a fraught experience!

• April 20, 2014 at 20:52

@NO1LIKESUS:
      no reason why one or two of us can't remind dickov of his past

• April 20, 2014 at 20:56

Instead off f****** Morison put f****** jackson in the starting line up he will get us the f****** goals

• April 21, 2014 at 06:54

Yeah mate drop our joint top goalrscorer that sounds like a proper plan..not thought this through have yer

• April 20, 2014 at 21:42

I to felt after Blackburn it was curtains, but all has turned round thus far, almost a perfect few weeks, the team have now seen the light and are pulling together in the same direction onward and upward, Just the home form to change now and it'll be a perfect few weeks

• April 20, 2014 at 23:14

Who ever plays tomorrow just win and we will all go home happy see ya down the den, can't wait now, I'm like a f****** big kid now waiting for monday.

• April 20, 2014 at 23:25

The worse thing the team can be is over confident, Doncaster are not going to be any pushover and Millwall always seem nervy at home and give away a silly goal. That will be a disaster, lets go in front for a change, I am biting my nails already.

• April 20, 2014 at 23:50

@Peckhamlad: thats why I think play the jolly green giant go two up, then let donny worry about us, you think peckhamlad?.

• April 21, 2014 at 00:09

I think as lions fans we need to pay credit to someone who hasn't got much credit yet: Owen Garvan! Since Trotter went we haven't had a player who can successfully play behind a striker in that number 10 role and Garvans done that. He been making us tick and our passing looks so much more fluent with him in the midfield! On tomorrow, think we're looking at a game of quite a few goals: 3-2 to us #COYL

• April 21, 2014 at 01:06

This game is a bigger challenge than Boro, Doncaster actually have something to play for and we struggle to attack at home. I go for a Millwall win but by one goal only. Hang in there folks.

• April 21, 2014 at 06:44

@glyngo: couldn't agree more.but the way the lions have been playing recently & a noisy den..surely a home win is on the cards....away we get more space at home teams do like to throw numbers behind the ball..so it mite take a while to break em..but break em we will.coyw

• April 21, 2014 at 10:38

Just queuing for the woolwich ferry after 295 miles looking forward a good crowd to sing their hearts out coyl

• April 21, 2014 at 11:06

@carewlion: where you got your seats? Good on ya for making the long trip !

• April 21, 2014 at 11:35

@BUSHWACKER14: CBL block 9 still waiting for ferry bloody blackwall tunnel

• April 22, 2014 at 09:09

@carewlion: AS I SAID ON eddies POST, WELL DONE MATE !!!
      YOU ARE A PROPER MILLWALL FAN, MAKING A LONG TRIP DOWN TO SEE THE MATCH !!!
      KEEP IT UP AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN.
      " NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE "
      STORMIN' NORMAN...............

• April 21, 2014 at 13:54

Come you lions make us proud another performance like Saturday will do

• April 21, 2014 at 20:11

ah well totally gutted today. I thought they'd turn it around, but ------ back to the drawing board and start again