Ollie: Lack of organisation cost Millwall against Blackburn

©
©

IAN Holloway believes Millwall need "one or two organisers" to step up to the plate after they were held to a 2-2 draw by ten-man Blackburn Rovers.

The Lions were pegged back twice by the visitors, who lost Grant Hanley to a red card early in the second half, and Holloway was "fuming" with the manner of the goals.

Rovers' first, scored by Michael Keane, was a header from a corner, before substitute Josh King poked in a stoppage-time equaliser following a long throw into the box.

Holloway said afterwards: "Against ten men we let two set pieces in – one of them was a free header and I'm absolutely fuming.

"It's about the group stepping up and being more organised. If somebody slips or makes a mistake, somebody else should be there to head it out.

"I don't know whether its nerves or a foreboding because of the way the season has gone, but now's the time to step to the plate. We've got to be braver."

Simeon Jackson's 88th-minute penalty looked to have sealed the win for Millwall, who had gone ahead from the spot when Shaun Williams scored after Hanley's dismissal.

And Jackson was denied the killer third goal by Paul Robinson's save shortly before King levelled for Blackburn.

"If Simeon had scored what should have been the third, the game would have been over and it should have been," Holloway added.

"We ended up trying to compensate and be safe instead of just dealing with it. No-one organised it – there was nobody like Danny Shittu who bellows at people.

"We had five or six people going for the same ball, it drops and they score. It's only organisation and somebody has got to step to the plate.

"I can do it from where I am on the touchline but they've got to do it out there, and that's the annoying thing.

"It feels like we've lost because we've dropped two points. We've got to win five out of our last seven games now and we should have won that one.

"I'm fuming because we've dropped two points – but we've got one and it could have been worse.

"We've got to get out of this vision that everything is going to go wrong because I feel that the boys have got that a little bit.

"That's probably because that's what they can remember from previous games, but not for me because I saw lots of positives there. I didn't shout at them.

"We live to fight another day. I'll be devastated when I see the goals on the TV tonight but it's solvable.

"We are where we are for these reasons. We've lost Shittu, who's an immense leader, and we haven't won since he last played against Derby.

"We're hesitant at the moment so we need one or two organisers. Why am I a manager? Because I used to do that as a player, and I need someone to take that out there."

Asked about the game's big decisions, Holloway added:

"Truthfully, I thought the first penalty and the sending off was nowhere near as bad as two or three of the things I've witnessed recently.

"If it was a penalty, then that's a yellow card – I don't know why he's sent him off. It was man to a man and Grant is a big, strong fella.

"Compared to the one we should have had on Tuesday – the two-handed handball – I just don't understand it.

"So we can't blame the referee today, can we? He gave us two penalties and we've scored them both, which is nice and makes a change."

175 thoughts on “Ollie: Lack of organisation cost Millwall against Blackburn

• March 29, 2014 at 18:43

I think you are totally insane Holloway.

• March 29, 2014 at 18:57

@NICKOLA: I seem to remember we were shipping goals let right and centre when Shittu was playing regularly so that's a lame excuse !

• March 29, 2014 at 22:37

@NICKOLA: I wouldn't mind seeing Shittu get started on you.

• March 29, 2014 at 23:12

@Lincolnshire Lion: That sack of s**** couldn't jump as high as my waist to be a problem to me son.

• March 29, 2014 at 20:21

@southstandview: how can a club with a £10 million wage bill end up like this , started with one crap manager and finished with a lunatic !

• March 31, 2014 at 08:51

@southstandview: " WOLLIE " [ OR THE MENTAL - ONE,
        AS SOME LIKE TO CALL HIM ] , WAS BRAVE ENOUGH TO DROP ROBBO & DUNNE ON SATURDAY,
        TO TRY AND TIGHTEN - UP THAT " LEAKING - GOAL " DEFENCE.................., BUT, WE STILL LOOKED
        A LITTLE SLOW AND WEAK AT THE BACK..............................SO MORE WORK TO BE DONE THERE !
        ESPECIALLY, AS WE MILLWALL FANS WILL BE AT NOTTINGHAM FOREST FC AND WIGAN TO WITNESS ALL THE ACTION AS IT HAPPENS.
        SO COME ON MILLWALL ITS " NOT TOO LATE " , FOR A SUDDEN AND FINAL " SURGE " UP THE
        CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE.
        " LETS GET IT ON " .....................................
        " NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE "
        STORMIN' NORMAN...................IS READY TO RUMBA DURING THE SUMMER !!!!!!

• March 29, 2014 at 18:44

There was me thinking it was because the players are s***.

• March 29, 2014 at 18:45

You mean a lack of quality, heart, grit, fight, b##locks..... I coul go on on on. Disgusting in front of some of my boyhood heros too, briely, Horne, Carter, Terry in the bar.

• March 29, 2014 at 18:46

I remain pro-Holloway, and believe we won't find a better manager anywhere for next season, but f*** me what a mess this has all become!

• March 29, 2014 at 19:22

@lions404:

Could you list the top five attributes that holloway has bought to the club...I find it astounding that anyone thinks there is not a better manager out there for us

• March 29, 2014 at 20:42

@lions404: I agree with you mate. Knee jerk reactions are not the answer. Holloway inherited a failing squad mainly containing league 1 standard players (not including a couple of borderline championship standard sick notes i.e bailey, chaplow, shittu) and think its criminal to lay the blame on a fella who has had 3months to change the cause of what amounts to two seasons of p*** poor football. It makes no sense to sack the manager, and frankly think anyone who reckons we can attract a manager better than holloway (when we are playing in league one on a limited budget) would be better off checking themselves into the maudsley...

We are going down, FACT. However Holloway can only be given a very small percentage of the blame. He fully deserves to be given at least a pre season&20games to build his own squad and prove what he really can do.... Or we could just sack him, pay up his two year contract and waste some more of our limited pot on another unproven like lomas and maybe end up in league 2....

• March 29, 2014 at 21:33

@davesavagesleftfoot: To be fair, this isn't knee jerk. He's had 15 league games from which we've won just two decent results! Throw in the trip to Portugal, January transfer window and god-knows how many new players and I'd say we should have seen something better than virtual capitulation.

I don't dislike the bloke, but I honestly don't think he's got anything left to offer. Yes he got two clubs up to the Premiership via play-offs, but when you look closer at his recent record it's not as great as some make out - and I'd say he was looking burnt-out even before he joined us.

• March 29, 2014 at 21:59

@Micky Lions: fair enough. I'm under no illusion he is Pep Guardiola and recognise although he got palace promoted it was with a certain element of luck but also recognise palace had a very limited budget and he got the best out of the youth talents as well as the experienced players they had on offer. I also recognise he has had 15 games (which is in fair not a great amount in the grand scheme if things) but would argue that although results haven't been as desired in general team has performed better i.e not getting spanked weekly like we did under lomas. I'd also put forward that he is a well known 'face' in the game who with a bit of time to plan could use his connections to get first dibs on decent hungry young loan signings.... This is just my opinion, but in response who do you realistically think we could attract to manage us next season who on paper could do a better job than holloway???

• March 30, 2014 at 04:43

@davesavagesleftfoot: I'd be interested to see what Pep Guardiola could have done with this f****** lot btw if he'd have joined in January inheriting a team that was shipping 3+ goals a game and impotent strikers and confidence through the floor with very little, if any, budget. I totally agree with your summation. The massive disappointment is that obviously IH expected to make a positive impact early on and he seems embarrassed at the lack of any progress in respect of points picked up which partly explains his strange interviews. Most of us thought he could lift the team and eek out some results for us and so now facing the drop to obscurity it's natural to blame him. He has been disappointing but as you say, we need to give him a chance and support him because you're right, there aren't many decent managers out there who would want to work with our tiny budget. Look what he did at Blackpool, they were always 3rd / 4th Div. And he got them up to the prem - and they had a tiny budget. That said, I wouldn't put it past him to just suddenly f*** off, he is an unpredictable geez. He has got a lot to lose himself, if he doesn't make a success of us, no one else would want him so hopefully there is a lot of motivation to make a success at our beloved club. Anyway, we only need 5 wins out of 7!

• March 30, 2014 at 10:04

@lions404: The only Positives to come out from ' Wollie' is: D. Shittu is missing from the Team. If you don't know what's wrong, you will never put it Right! Forrest here we come.

• March 29, 2014 at 18:49

Lack of skilled players who actually f****** care cost us today nothing else . . Shut up Ollie

• March 29, 2014 at 18:52

Time for you to step into the dole queue. What do you do the players (I use the term in jest) during the week. Surely you can get them talking to each other if nothing else

• March 29, 2014 at 18:53

Sorry should have said with the players

• March 29, 2014 at 19:00

You've made a bad situation worse - poor tactics and awful signings. I can't believe the board still has any faith in you, cos most of us supporters haven't. Just go and take your insane chatter elsewhere.

• March 29, 2014 at 19:01

it is hard to read IH addressing problems after they happen - we all know we don't have leaders so he should have got one - why make Forde captain - if shittu is back next year we need to get 3 new solid defenders with him and start from there - proper pros who go where it hurts

• March 29, 2014 at 19:01

I thought that is why the manager appoints a captain. And if the club captain can only get splinters, then why hasn't holloway identified another to lead the team.

FFS Ipswich towns club captain was in our team today. Why wasn't the mantle passed to him?

And I don't necessarily mean the team captain, but surely holloway could have given him specific instructions to gee up the team if this sort of thing happened.

Once again another woeful performance!

• March 29, 2014 at 19:19

@bonnie1272:

I don't agree that it is woeful - a draw against Blackburn on paper is okay (not in he context of playing 10 men) - no one is smashing us like under Lomas - when we lose it is by one goal and when we draw we could have won - I am not saying we are good but I think there is an over reaction to our results - with more confidence that I hoped IH would bring we could be a lot better off than we are - the way in which we mange to f*** up every game is a lot to do with confidence and relaxation - if we were mid table Jackson would have slotted that chance away and we win 3- 1 against a team with many more resources than us and then that is great result regardless of the rest of the season - while I am frustrated as everyone else some of the comments are over the top

• March 29, 2014 at 20:17

@timchimes: I don't disagree, I'm not jumping on Holloway's back, but I feel that he knows what sort of person is a good leader on the pitch, so why has that not been addressed is all I'm saying.

And I completely take your point about if we were mid table those chances are taken.

But why oh why do we defend in a state of panic?

• March 29, 2014 at 20:50

@timchimes: Well said, nice to see a fellow fan with a rational mind. I agree we have f***** it, but majority of the blame lands on the narrow shoulders of the squad not the recently appointed boss....

• March 29, 2014 at 19:03

What planet is Holloway on ?????????

• March 29, 2014 at 19:04

Lads, what are we doing at these set pieces? Is it zonal marking or man to man? To be fair, the goals I've seen it's hard to tell. So we miss a bellowing Shittu? If you know this go and get another bellowing centre half on loan instead of these two bit full backs we are paying loan money for.

• March 29, 2014 at 20:20

@Lion.ie

2 soft penalties V 2 set piece goals we were lucky today that we had a home Ref for a change, and we still couldn't hold onto a lead twice, does this team know we're at the bottom, y bring on a forward when we need the 3 points when were 2-1 up with 10mins to go, also can someone explain to me where 5mins extra time come from

• March 29, 2014 at 21:48

@lion.ie: Don't think we're good enough for zonal defense- but I think that might be what they've been attempting...
      Keep it simple = "I've got him - you get that c**t.... and don't give em a f**king inch...."
      Defending at set pieces should be a team effort of vigilance, concentration and communication- and this should be a realistic goal when it's 11 against 10......

• March 29, 2014 at 23:39

@Luke ColdBlow10:
        Indeed we aren't good enough to try zonal defence - just as we aren't good enough to try 4-2-3-1.
        But frankly I have severe doubts as to whether anybody is wise, good or not, to try zonal defence cos zones don't score goals - those nasty, inconvenient gits called the other side score them. So this is yet another example of some smart a*** wannabe tactical mastermind buying into a trendy idea rather than playing a basically simple game in a basically simple manner.

• March 29, 2014 at 19:10

Why dont you come out and tell the truth that f***** forde has been s*** for the last 4 weeks..blames everyone but himsself..normally morison leads the line..not today

• March 29, 2014 at 19:35

@Jim28: amen!!!!! Thank fk!!! Someone thinks the same.... Forde is remembered for a save but people overlook the poor goals we have conceded... The first and second against Birmingham were dreadful... Today he called for the ball panicked, miss kicked then screamed at Beavers!!! Today he should of punched or even caught them set pieces... Woeful.... All that talk of Celtic and let have it right I bet he was dying to go.... F*** him he's s***!!!

• March 29, 2014 at 20:17

@Jim28: totally agree Jim, been saying for years that Forde is overrated, if he was to stop continually shouting at the lino and concentrate on his game, then maybe he might actually dominate the box and for once in his life take the pressure of the defence and come out and catch the ball rather than staying on his line. The quicker he goes to non league jock footie the better

• March 29, 2014 at 19:11

to concede from a long throw in stoppage time is so poor to be untrue - what IH hasn't mentioned is that BR shouldn't even have the throw in - if we could keep possession against 10 men then they don't get a chance in the 5 minutes left after we score - we should have been playing in their hafl keeping possession like professional footballers do - each game you think it can't get more unprofessional and it does

• March 29, 2014 at 19:15

He has an answer for every rotten performance, "lack of concentration,", "bad luck" "missed chances" now "bad organisation", Never bad management, or bad decisions and bad formations. Never rotten signings and tripe players. Get on your way Holloway we have seen enough to realise you are not up to managing ourMillwall.

• March 29, 2014 at 19:16

Sorry ollie me old son but you had the jan transfer window to sort it out, no good moaning about a lack of leader at the back now mate and as you have rightly said, your the leader off the pitch so why the f u c k cant you nominate someone to take f uc k ing charge ? I know you signed williams as a CM but instead of using him at left back why not play him at CH until the end of the season.
    Please just hold your hands up and concede defeat, like the s h It c u nt ing players who you pick week in week out.
    Christ I really hope you haven't already shown us what to expect next season when you assemble YOUR squad in the summer, cause like the players who couldn't give a t***, I wouldn't give a t*** about coming down to watch.
    Fu ck ing shambles

• March 29, 2014 at 19:19

An organiser was sat on the bench , our captain Robbo.
    Fordey at fault for their 1st equaliser , he had a terrible starting position from the corner and the ball sailed over his head whilst he flapped about.
    2 dodgy penalty decisions should've gifted us 3 points and against 10 men !
    We are at this point , beyond repair

• March 29, 2014 at 19:26

My wife is really,really getting p***** off with me every sat night. Went for marriage counseling and the room was packed with millwall supporters. I booked a nice table for the two of us, seems like she doesn't like snooker though...................determined not to get p***** off tonight !

• March 29, 2014 at 19:28

These are supposedly PROFESIONAL football players who train everyday and make a living playing the game,how can they not organise who to mark at set pieces? Ultimately we have shipped goals at set pieces due to a lack of desire,just get to the ball first!

• March 29, 2014 at 19:33

Lack of organisation! Try lack of ambition.

Long throw, just put the Austrian on the line I front of him.

Still. Fred O's a prospect, wonder if someone nips in in the Sumer for him?

Forde can go the Celtic ASAP, I would drop him.

• March 29, 2014 at 19:37

Brilliant, drops Robbo and Dunney then wonders why no-one's organizing the defence.

• March 29, 2014 at 20:51

@carewlion: @jamie:

please stop with the robbo dunne thing - neither have ever been good enough at C level - did you watch Dunne against Charlton? we need to move on - we need players who are happy to have the ball at their feet and can pass more than 10 yards - I watched the Sheff Utd Charlton Qtr Final - From a team losing every week Clough has turned Sheff into a side who play out from the back and have good ball control - the players are out there if we look but not if we get caught in this backward looking ' real millwall' type player b***** - is Messi a real Millwal type?

The same is true of the Neil Harris situation - he has no experience of managing teams/developing youth - why do we want him coaching our young players? get someone who has proved they can - f*** all the emotional b***** Holloway is guilty of and apply some intelligence and attention to detail

• March 30, 2014 at 12:18

@timchimes: My point was that alarm bells rang for me to see that our centrehalves were Lowry and Beevers, both of whom may be pacier and more talented than Robbo but who all season have looked like 15yo boys given a bayonet and told to run into a wall of German machine-guns.

• March 29, 2014 at 19:40

Never seen so shamblolic defending like school boy football what would you give for a kichener a cussuck/rino a cooper/ a hurllock Briley /Cahill and a goal keeper king /Keller Horne and our Harry not the most gifted player but would always give the fans 100%
    And don't get me stated on the forwards . What annoys me is that rather than more forwards a centerback who is good enough to Marshall a defence even on loan and if the fans can see ot why not IH and the coaching staff and the board.

• March 29, 2014 at 19:41

At this point, I give up ...
    We fully deserve travel to Rotherham and Port Vale,and maybe not even that!
    Players pass, the coaches and even presidents, but not the shirt...
    COYL!!!

• March 29, 2014 at 19:43

Forde is s***!!! First goals against Leicester and Birminghamj were from outside the box, not even screamers, they were weak bobblers and both went through his hands... Today both goals he should of committed and punched or even caught.

Centre backs only own half the headers today we were weak inn the air... People slate Shittu but he wins everything in the air.. Best centre back we have.

I love holloway but I will admit he's useless for a relegation battle.

Who would replace him for League 1?? Names below....

• March 29, 2014 at 20:01

@JONO: Realistically, they wouldn't come but as you asked, and is this order-
      Sean Dyche
      Warnock-Only because he can get you up to the championship. Then I'd dump him.
      Roy Kean.

• March 29, 2014 at 20:16

Hollaway selects the team, he drop Robinson to the bench because I assume a 6'7"centre foreword scores 2 goals on Tuesday.
    His answer is to play two left footed centre half one 5'10" tall who does not have a spring when jumpng from a standing start there first goal game from his side when our defence was out jumped not for the first time from a set piece.
    The constant changes in the team not just for in jury's ,the constant change of tactics suggest to me that Hollaway has no idea what is the best system to suite the plays at his disposal.

Having said all that I just brought my season ticket for next season.

• March 29, 2014 at 21:02

@raylondon66:

true ray but I am trying to give IH the benefit of the doubt - I am hoping what he really wants to say is robbo dunne lowry beevers you are not what I need but I am stuck with you for this season - you all seem incapable of putting two performances together so I interchange you in hope - next year boys none of you will be playing for me

• March 29, 2014 at 20:23

Bring on the world cup where i dont care if people like rooney look stupid

• March 29, 2014 at 20:23

Really don't understand the general over reaction from some people. Holloway came in half way through and had to pick up where Lomas (and primarily Kenny Jackett) left us. Jackett knew the score and jumped ship. Lomas saw the same problems and tried to change it. Holloway has seen the same and is trying things his way.
    Good individuals don't make a good team and we are where we are because other teams have been better. I think it's time to stop looking for scapegoats and get behind the team. Much of the defensive failings we are witnessing is down to fear and a lack of confidence. I don't agree with the constant changing of the formation (especially mid-game). However, we had more than enough chances today to have killed the game off several times. When we don't, then teams gain confidence and come at us.
    Poor finishing cost us against Birmingham and again today. Stop whinging and get behind the team...they need our support now more than ever over the past few years.
    If you really are a true fan, now's the time to show your true colours! COYL!!

• March 29, 2014 at 20:33

Why does he change the team every game, no wonder the players are inconsistent, I was in favour of Ollie taking over but after every game his tactics are just weird. Players out of position, a midfield that can't pass the ball, making a s*** keeper captain, not bringing the Hoff on early enough and WTF was that t*** from ipswich doing on he pitch. Can it get any worse

• March 29, 2014 at 20:41

@Davey: I agree mate; when they went down to 10 men and their big lump of a captain got sent off it was crying out for the Hoff.

• March 30, 2014 at 03:39

@Adsy77777: funny thing is adsy when hoff came on he was the only one of our player's who looked 100% composed on the ball,and he and jackson started to look good as a big man and little man strike force saying that jackson should have put one of his three good chances away.
        why is it we bring hoff on late in the game,i know he will only last about 50 mins but let him start the replace him when he tires.the difference between hoff and morrison is morro runs mainly up and down making it easy to mark him,yet hoff offers more movement all round

• March 30, 2014 at 09:55

@jim1222: Jim, i have been saying the same since Hoofs first appearance, put him on from the start as we look more likely to score when he's on and sub him when he runs out of steam. Certainly been more creative with him on the pitch.

• March 30, 2014 at 12:46

@Adsy77777: @Davey: Good points made by all there - Hanley getting sent off was one of the highlights of my day (regardless of the result) I HATE THAT CHEATING C**T! Just a shame we didn't capitalize on it.... The HOFF not coming on earlier - and the issue of whether or not to start him are good talking points.

I was surprised at Ollie not bringing him on sooner from the standpoint that it goes against his normal pattern of bringing people on.... he's normally pretty gung ho with subs...? This could be an indication that the HOFF is an injury worry and playing him for any longer than say 20mins could result in him aggravating his knees....? Was discussing this during the match.... if he IS an injury worry, there is NO ONE ELSE to bring on.... All strikers are on the pitch Mcd, Morro, Jacks.... and DJ can't play - Easter crockd.
        On the subject of starting him/not starting him - maybe my point (above) half answers the question- but a reason I would also suggest for him not starting, is maybe IH feels he would make more of an impact against tired legs...?

On a separate issue - I thought the situation with Robbo was a bit strange. None of those lads in defense are leaders... they're all still youngsters... (maybe a good thing - some of you might be saying- better than a bunch of old codgers!) But as IH said in his post match- 'we were lacking a leader' ?? To me, this raises more questions.... Is Robbo struggling with fitness as well?? Wouldn't surprise me, as he's not long been back in the squad and playing 90mins Tuesday - Saturday...?
        Is Forde to blame as captain for not organizing- or is the method of our defending the issue?? Touched on this point yesterday in another post- zonal or man marking??

Let me take you back to Brighton away at the start of the season- Myself and 3 of the lads from block 10 were on the beach before the game- sunshine and a few tinnies - lovely it was... and the subject came up of not knowing the FULL story as fans of what goes on behind the scenes... Me mate was talking about the millwall book 'family, life, death and football'... which I've still yet to read, but will very soon. He was saying that there was so many things that WE the fans, didn't know, going into those crucial matches.. and that was when you could say that our squad was in a much more organized state than it is in now. We can see that it's a shambles from the outside- I dread to think of what we don't know. Maybe some things have been kept from us- to keep us the least bit positive...? The IH interviews could be a by-product.....?
        p.s. - sorry for rambling!

• March 29, 2014 at 20:36

Looking at all our conceded goals this season andFORD is responsible for so many of them, he is just as awful as our so called defenders, true he makes some good saves but all keepers do that at this level but so often let's a soft one in. So many people were posting " JACKETT out "when he was not doing so well, I replied on here then " be careful what you wish for". Well the JACKETT haters got what they wanted ( Harry Fabian , Nicola, ) and the rest, and look where we are now, and more to the point look where JACKETT is now.

• March 29, 2014 at 22:09

@bordersarebest0170: ooohh just begging for a reply, Compliments.
      Jackett had taken us as far as he could. He's done a good job at Wolves this season, no argument from me. and they'll go up as champions and deservedly so. If you think he'll get them into the premiership then sorry, but he won't. There are managers that can get you up from 'certain' divisions, those that can keep you in that division, those that can do well on a limited budget and those that have an eye for players and can flip them for huge profits, and then there are those who sign the likes of Hulse and Tyson who collectively, and in my opinion were the worst two forwards that have ever played at the Den. Out of the squad he left behind, which only escaped relegation under his tenure, despite a 'must win' last game, which they lost but stayed up due to other results, he only took Henry. Not the other 10 that he assembled.

• March 29, 2014 at 20:38

It's your job Holloway to sort out the defence you cider drinking C**T

• March 29, 2014 at 20:39

Were we unlucky? - possibly. The first penalty coupled with the sending off was the first bit of luck we've had all season. No leader on the pitch, I personally think we've missed Bailey. To concede against 10 men after a couple of minutes once shows naivety; to do it twice is criminal. Another Saturday feeling pig sick. I know I'm in the minority but I blame Holloway and can't help but think a more astute and pragmatic manager could have saved us. We have, IMO, the best chairman in our division, he's been badly advised, but he, and the fans, deserve better than this.

• March 29, 2014 at 20:45

Supported MFC since I was a boy some 35 years ago, this without a doubt is by far one of the worst. Wish it could end tomorrow as I've had enough of this s**** week in week out its so predictably boring!!!!
    Thought I'd never say this but maybe should of stuck with SL as IH has done sweet FA!!
    Roll on Bournemouth on May 3rd and ladies and gents we will have a big relegation party !!!!

• March 30, 2014 at 03:49

@dpendet:although lomas made a lot of mistakes,i said he was let down badly by school boy defending,it now seems this rubbish defending has crept back,and no manager on earth can do any thing about it except gid rid of the bad defenders which both lomas and holloway should have done,but then that legend jacket tied their hands by giving these rubbish defenders nice contracts that stopped both lomas and holloway from doing this.

• March 29, 2014 at 20:52

Sack Holloway

or

• March 29, 2014 at 20:52

Right, let IH manage this mob until we are down.

Meanwhile start an operation now to scour the right kind of players from the leagues below so we hit the ground running in Div. 1.

Keep the HOf and possibly Jackson and find some kids. With pace, dich the entire back four and the goalie. In effect a plan b already set.

Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

• March 29, 2014 at 20:53

I must admit I have been a Holloway plater, I love the man and believe long term he will do well.

But I am baffled he changes team to often, of a player has a poor game he just completely drops them...

4.4.2 stick to best 11 if one has poor game let him redeem himself and settle.... Simples

• March 29, 2014 at 22:27

@JONO: The best Millwall teams, over the years, have played 442.
      That doesn't mean that formation is cast in stone, but historically it has paid dividends. I understand that times change, football evolves, some teams play 5 across the middle etc.
      BUT, with the right two strikers, supported with some wingers that CAN track back and a sound, well balanced defence it can be successful.
      Does anyone know George Graham's phone number ?

• March 29, 2014 at 20:53

Back Holloway

• March 29, 2014 at 20:54

I will back him by giving him next season.

• March 29, 2014 at 21:20

Well he's the 30th manager I've seen manage the my first benny Fenton right thru to Ian holloway the Anderson days the john dochety days seem promoted and religated seem in the old first division seen them at the old Wembley been to a cup final sang the screen at the d den when bet Bournemouth in the promotion year to the first division been to almost every ground in football and some that are no longer about yes it alway hurts when it's crap but it's what makes us special because it's allways is the team and fans against the world and the gutter press and the men in grey suits who run the game so I will always be a Millwall supporter

• March 29, 2014 at 21:38

Can everyone just get off the players and managers back and do something useful and get yourself down the the den cheer on the players and try to keep us in this league!

• March 29, 2014 at 21:44

@>Block 28 Lion totally agree I've never seen so much whinging & moaning the reason I go to millwall is to get away from it.

• March 29, 2014 at 22:40

@Block 28 Lion: Why ? When the fans are treated to inept useless displays ?

• March 29, 2014 at 21:48

@CAREWLION : absolutely, why wouldn't we, you support your team wheather they win or in our case don't win, those who come on here telling us they are not going anymore cos we are s*** are not proper millwall, supporters, they will return when we start doing well and winning, and make no mistake we will, then they'll start giving it again, plastic supporters.

• March 29, 2014 at 21:57

@bordersarebest0170: very true... We will always be a good league 1 team until we get better attendances.... It's actually gutting we can bring 38000 to wembley bit not to The Den....

• March 29, 2014 at 22:22

I just want to watch the season out and look at anything positive to build on for next season. Seems like such a variety of problems this season and even though I don't see much of the action it's sounded like there has been some good stuff along the way but IH would no doubt want to be securing whoever will be the front runners in the new squad. Whatever happens, I want to be here. In the words of Chris from lock stock n 2 smoking barrels, " it's been emotional"

• March 29, 2014 at 22:27

All of you who are saying sack Holloway you are idiots give the guy sometime even if we do down i will be backing him because he is superb manager judge him form next year when he actually has the chance to build team HE wants

• March 29, 2014 at 22:32

@millwallgracie98: I'll back him next year because we probably can't afford to pay him off for the rest of his contract but perhaps you could explain with some hard facts why Holloway is a 'superb manager' before you start throwing out the insults?

• March 29, 2014 at 22:37

@millwallgracie98: One of the worse managers we ever had, clueless and useless.

• March 29, 2014 at 22:40

@Peckhamlad: ans full of s***...what a disappointment this idiot has been.

• March 29, 2014 at 23:01

@Lincolnshire Lion: palarse under Holloway were a shambles (most nigels were glad to see the back of him). Pulis's record at palarse, played 10 won 6 drawn 1 lost 3. All those who state how good Holloway i,, on what evidence are you making that judgement? Surely his record questions that statement. He has had more than enough games to make a difference IMO. If palarse are to go down would that be Holloway's fault? Every week there's a different reason why we haven't won; yes we've been unlucky; yes we've been on the end of some poor decisions and yes, some of the players have been injured, under performed or just not good enough. Yes we've been poor for two years but Holloway was brought in to sort it out - has he achieved this? Do we look like having a squad to compete next season? I know we can't afford to get rid of him and I know he retains the support of many fans. I hope that he will prove me wrong, if not this season then next.

• March 31, 2014 at 00:38

I dont want to see holloway sacked..not cos the sun shines out of his a***..simple reason is cos other clubs have gone down this road...it dont work if you keep changing your boss..count how many managers...leeds.wolves.coventry..pompey.fhow many divisions did they drop...

• March 29, 2014 at 23:18

@Peckhamlad: you have got to give him time

• March 29, 2014 at 23:05

@millwallgracie98: I could not agree more it is nice to hear a proper millwall supporter backing the team and the manager

• March 29, 2014 at 23:17

@block 28: thank you someone who see's sense

• March 29, 2014 at 23:21

@block 28: ...and insulting his fellow supporters for having a different opinion, pure class, proper Millwall supporter.

• March 30, 2014 at 02:01

">lion.i there's a difference with having a opinion & moaning for the sake of it.

• March 30, 2014 at 02:19

@block 28: It's not for the sake of it - it's because of the results and what we are seeing happening to our club.

• March 30, 2014 at 03:21

@SingleWhiteLion: @lion.ie: @lion.ie: h@millwallmatt: @block 28: well don't turn against the club because of bad results you don't sound like a supporter to me why don't you do millwall a favour a f*** off coz we don't need people like you

• March 30, 2014 at 07:50

@block 28: You were obviously tired and emotional for your last two posts at 2.01 and 3.21 because they don't make any sense really.

• March 30, 2014 at 13:13

@block 28:
            I think you need to be in cell block H mate not 28. I shall be renewing my season ticket regardless and that entitles me to have an opinion. If you don't like it you can f*** off.

• March 29, 2014 at 22:27

No excuses today Holloway, against ten men and a second pen that never was, what do you need to win a f****** game!! You are the architect of your own downfall with all the chopping and changing that you do. Classic example today, we score from the first pen, they are reduced to ten men and you immediately make the first of your usual 3 changes! Players who aren't even in the squad one week play the next week and vice-a versa. Players are played out of position and each week we are treated to a new panic loan signing, this week being no exception. I was one of the majority who thought you were a good fit for this club but I am fast becoming to think that you are a clueless carrot crunching c***....

• March 30, 2014 at 18:28

>SingleWhiteLio">millwallmat lion ieJust to let all the usuals know disregard the last 3 posts a mate thought it would be funny to leave stupid blogs. After using my phone to call a cab.

• March 30, 2014 at 19:49

@block 28:

let him keep your phone....his posts are a lot better than yours

• March 30, 2014 at 23:43

>tonytowneronthewing< humour now that's proper millwall

• March 31, 2014 at 07:48

@block 28:

needed now more than ever

• March 30, 2014 at 20:32

@block 28:
        Ok thanks for putting the record straight, serves you right for drinking with a palace supporter, you know they are all bent don't you, one day you will wake up with a sore a*** !!

• March 29, 2014 at 22:27

Jackett's fault apparently according to some posters. That's just laughable eight months into the season. Our only hope now is a ten point deduction for Leeds and/or Charlton to implode, what a shambles.

• March 29, 2014 at 22:38

@lion.ie: oh and Barnsley to stop beating people and Yeovil to stop putting in more effort than us. We are a disgrace the worst in this division and nailed on to go down.

• March 29, 2014 at 22:50

@Lincolnshire Lion: Yeah, I forgot to mention the 12+ points we need to find from somewhere.

• March 30, 2014 at 04:11

@lion.ie: Lion i think jacket has a lot to answer for just look at the contracts he handed out and then walked out,yes he is doing well at wolves but if we did not have woods we would have been relagated two seasons ago ,i will say thank you to him for tuning us aound from the bad situation we were in when he arrived,but he wiped that out with his last two seasons,i know you said you put him in the same catagory as george graham but i disagree strongly with that,as graham left us in a very strong position and he moved on to better himself in as much arsenal were a more high profile team,jacket just walked out leaving us in a very weak position.

• March 30, 2014 at 08:02

@jim1222: As I've argued countless times Jim, Jackett left us with the players he could afford. Wood was brought in by Jackett and due to the protracted situation in trying to sign him permanently we ended up with two of the worst loan signings ever and these two clowns can only blamed on Jackett. To be honest, I'm bored defending him. Only four of the team yesterday were his players unless you want to count Morison and Fred. He has turned Wolves around despite being only 'recently appointed' and good luck to him.

• March 29, 2014 at 22:52

What I saw today was a team basically bereft of ideas of what they are supposed to be doing. We have players out of position passing to someone in a blue shirt who they barely know what surname they are. Did anyone notice when we scored our 2nd goal the lack of team spirit amongst our team. There are so many areas were we have gone wrong in such a short space of time I'm probably more worried about my club than anytime before. But like any true supporter of any club, I'll be there for them. And as for my fellow supporter (you know who are N......) who said last week that I'm not worthy, throw away my shirt and bin the video, but this week chose the wise words ' Millwall RIP' in an earlier post, sorry mate, but I've seen people like you come and go when I've been down the den, old and new. But I'm Millwall...... Enough said, are you?

• March 29, 2014 at 23:49

@millwallmatt:
      Speaking of team spirit I would have liked to see at least one and preferably all of those wasters clapping the old farts from the 80s any of whom, in their day, would have been an improvement on the team we put out today. But no, they were busy strolling about, knocking the occasional desultory ball in the general direction of another, equally uninterested wage thief.

• March 30, 2014 at 09:53

@millwallmatt: 100% and I'm not threatening to throw away my season ticket either.

• March 29, 2014 at 23:02

The rot is coming from the bloke who allows these players to be signed. If the fitness of every player is measured before they sign then our fitness coach must be some right spastic to give them the all clear.

Hoyte: he hasn't even played
    chaplow: sick note
    Bailey: cake

list is endless

• March 30, 2014 at 04:17

@Dazi: dazi if hoyte was so unfit,surly we could have torn his contract up on the basis he was unfit for purpose,and as a pro footballer he should be responsible for his fitness.

• March 30, 2014 at 10:01

@jim1222: I saw Hoytes debut game a away to Bolton and to be fair he looked ok, I don't understand what the problem is here he did pre season with Boro not noted as being an on fit outfit......but then look at Bailey and Mac, no wonder Boro underachieved for the last few years.

• March 29, 2014 at 23:27

My little town blues
    They are melting away
    I gonna make a brand new start of it
    In old league one

If I can make it there
    I'll make it anywhere
    It's up to you
    Millwall Millwall

• March 29, 2014 at 23:27

Carry on like this and we will be unleashing the wrath of hell on Dartford FC in years to come!

• March 29, 2014 at 23:51

Lowry had his worst game ever in a Millwall shirt today IMO. Beevers was poor and playing our best passer of a ball in at left back is a stroke of idiocy from Holloway - if Malone is fit enough for the bench then he's fit enough to start.

• March 30, 2014 at 00:34

@harryfabian:
      what you have identified harry is what we know , that we just don't have the players - Malone might be 90% but is still on the bench because there is no one else - who instead of Lowry and beevers , robbo? a general lack of quality -we have to find some better players, a bit of pace to bolster a basic squad and we can compete next year for top 6 - sad I know, but it has been left unaddressed for too long - this is a losing squad - results like today just don't happen with tight teams

• March 30, 2014 at 00:10

@HARRYFABIAN: it must be time for you NICKOLA and a lot more to start your holloway out campaign. Being as we have been so successful since your campaign to get JACKETT out.

• March 30, 2014 at 00:33

@ NICOLA: with regards to your response to my post looks like we have the right manager in place then, " get you up from certain divisions" yeah he took two bob blackpool into the premier. " work on a limited budget". Yeah he did it with two bob Blackpool. " can turn a profit from players" yeah Charlie Adam , Tom ince, matt Phillips. And my point to k j was, no I don't think he will get wolves in the premiership either, but regardless of the reasons we stayed in the championship under him,the managers since have/ will not.

• March 30, 2014 at 09:42

@bordersarebest0170: I'm flattered that you think that I was responsibile for getting Jackett removed. From memory, he walked away.
      His last season in charge was poor, as were his signings. He even left Hoyte as a goodbye present. What's happened to him ? Why hasn't he gone to Wolves?
      My point about having the right manager in place, wasn't aimed at Holloway. I was trying to paint a picture of the type of managers that are out there. Certainly, the are plusses and minuses in Holloway's career and I want him to be a good manager for Millwall as much as anyone else. I just think he's dillusional .

• March 30, 2014 at 09:57

@NICKOLA: We will never see eye to eye on Jackett Nick, but one thing other posters can't get away from is that Holloway was a 'big name' manager brought in to keep us up. If he fails in that first task, as looks likely, his next task is to get us back up at the first attempt, funnily enough, just like Jackett is doing with Wolves.

• March 30, 2014 at 12:47

@NICKOLA: I may be wrong Nick but I thought it was Lomas that brought Hoyte in on loan and promised him a contract just before he went.

• March 30, 2014 at 00:56

That defence still looks dodgy, even after I warned you 'Wollie' .... Now make sure we Win at N. Forest. ( 'We're Watching You' ).

• March 30, 2014 at 03:25

Sorry to the others I was only replying to adsy

• March 30, 2014 at 11:52

@block 28: Class act mate. Just cos I don't share your blind faith. I love this club as much as anyone else which is why I am so angry at what I see happening. I still go week in week out backing my team. I don't claim to be a tactical genius but the results and the performances speak for themselves. We were poor in Jacket's last season, yes, Lomas didn't work out, but Ollie was brought in to save us. IMO he's had enough time and enough backing to sort things out. I get p***** off with people who get personal with others who hold opposing views. What gives you the right to tell me or others to f*** off? Just cos I want better for my team, I've seen us relegated before because we've just not been good enough or because the board wouldn't or couldn't back the manager, this time I feel we should have done better with what we've got and the backing given by the chairman.

• March 30, 2014 at 12:19

@">Adsy7777 Disregard the last post a mate used my phone in the pub.

• March 30, 2014 at 04:24

Millwall fans deserve much more, why can't we get a winning score? I'm sick n tired of staying up late losing again and having no mates but millwall is my chosen team and whatever the f*** I'm living the dream.

• March 30, 2014 at 04:58

I wouldn't swap supporting our great club with real tradition for any other team on the planet. It's been a s*** season, but we need to stick with IH for next season and if we come back up - the crap we've had to put up with this season will make it all the sweeter next. We've always been a 2nd, 3rd, sometimes 4th division club - we get gates of around 10,000 - we have an annual income revenue of £10m (give or take) which is about what top individual f****** footballers earn in a year and a wage bill and fixed costs of about the same. Compare that to most of the championship sides and a good number of div 1 (3 ) - we punch above our weight, this is the norm for us historically. What we have a right to expect though is some f****** passion and fight in anybody that puts on our badge and shirt. 7 to play, 5 wins needed, no worries.......

• March 30, 2014 at 08:10

@T20ColdBlowLion: Ha ha, like your optimism and a great post. Never liked Holloway but as I've said countless times before, he'll get my backing to stop the rot next season as the alternative is more misery for all of us.

• March 30, 2014 at 11:21

@T20ColdBlowLion: well said cold blow,the die is cast and we're down the new manager hasnt managed to turn a bad situation around but all this slagging off is totally wrong and counter productive . We can enjoy englands world cup win this summer then come back next year and watch holloway rebuild , i reckon we'll enjoy it after all we've been here plenty of times and it always turns out well, with youngters like fred and dunne the future is bright , so f****** cheer up everyone, nobody died ! .

• March 30, 2014 at 09:18

Just looking at the two goals again, yeah Forde flapped but at least he attacked the cross. There was nobody picking up the two giants coming in at the back post in any case and he'd have done well to save the header had he stayed on his line. He'd stopped us going a goal down with a top class save earlier.
    As for the second goal, just a complete shambles at the back again.
    Teams will continue to target us until the centre halves man up and get there heads in where it gets hurt. Never liked zonal marking at corners and if we can get the Hof starting I'd have him attacking the ball from every corner/long throw, a la Drogba in his Chelsea days.

• March 30, 2014 at 10:02

@lion.ie: and organisation at the back particularly in the area comes from the keeper for is to blame for a big percentage of the goals against.

• March 30, 2014 at 15:51

@lion.ie:
      I was happiest with Forde during the period when the manager had clearly forbidden him to come off his line at all, leaving it to the defenders to deal with crosses. But that was when we had centre halves who, although cumbersome and possessing the turning circle of a super tanker were at least good in the air.
      Anyway he has improved as a keeper to the point where he is about average for the Championship - a good shot-stopper provided he doesn't have time to think about anything but unreliable and prone to making a complete Horlicks on a fairly regular basis. The occasional references to him being our saviour, worth millions or his departure being a potential disaster have always struck me as seriously weird.

• March 30, 2014 at 11:03

@NICOLA : you mention jackett's bad recruit's, yes Hoyte, Tyson, hulse, were poor,plus there are others that didn't come up to standard, but every manager has that. But you don't mention other players JACKETT brought to us such as Abdu ford,Morrison,schofield,Henry, wood,Townsend, Kane, there are more,but I don't wanna labour the point. No I don't think you were responsible for getting rid of kj, yes he did walk, unlike others on here who think he went cos he lost the dressing room ,I don't think that would have troubled him,he can replace players that he's lost, he achieved enough here for the chairman to give him more time ,no I think he was getting the feeling he was losing the supporters,and he can't replace them

• March 30, 2014 at 11:23

As someome said above, if these s*** defenders were given new contracts before KJ left then new managers are stuck with them really.. so what can you do? I have almost stopped caring about this season now and accepted we are poor this season, next season will not be as bad as this no way. We will be a big club in a small league, we will be around abouts the top 6

• March 30, 2014 at 12:34

@SLloyd23: why around top 6?

I really hope your right but last time we went down we just about managed to avoid the drop again!

• March 30, 2014 at 14:22

@SLloyd23: We are not a big Club in any League.

• March 30, 2014 at 11:40

Think i'm not too worried now, gonna go down,though a miracle can happen ( not ), more worried about what happens next season,think we will in big s*** with all that entails. Ollie stays or not ? players leaving, gates down,JB looking to get out but will try to salvage the £ 20 mill he has put in,who would buy the club,the prob with Lewisham council etc, list goes on and don't think we will regroup and come back up,that is s***, its easier to win the FA cup.........to me JB is a good chairman and can't understand all this KJ knocking ? Whats all that about ?

• March 30, 2014 at 11:56

There seems to be an even split between pro and anti Holloway opinions amongst supporters on here, that's interesting. Lomas was universally disliked, but Holloway who IMO has been a lot worse in many respects is being tolerated more. I cannot see why myself, I think trust in him is misplaced and we need a complete clear out before next season including the manager. However its up to JB and I doubt he will alter much.

• March 30, 2014 at 12:29

@Peckhamlad: I was against Ollie when he panicked with putting on five forwards against Reading and for me that was an insight into him.I had big doubts then and have posted so on here, like yourself and just a few others that i remember. With Lomas, i thought give him a chance and did say that the players have to take a lot of the blame. And so much as Ollie confuses me,the players have to take the blame as well. The way i see it,someone has to go down and that is us.....have to laugh though when i see some of the back trackers regards Ollie,how the mighty fall.

• March 30, 2014 at 12:02

Just to say.....KJ was tired out so was the club and we will never know what goes on behind closed doors.It was time to start fresh for both him and the club, as is shown with Wolves.

• March 30, 2014 at 12:06

I'm not going to slate Holloway or the players on this thread like most have, my real problem at the moment is with our fan base...

Around 32,000 people turned up at Wembley last year for Wigan supporting the club, and there was around 9,000 yesterday - Yes I accept our ground wouldn't hold that amount of people, especially with the away end but we could fit 15,000/16,000 Millwall at our home games and we all know we make it sound like 40,000 people are at the game and it would generate a hell of a lot more money and probably more success but where are they all?

I get fed up reading comments on this website or others, from people turning their back on the club because we are at the bottom of the league. I am 22 years old and part of a generation of Millwall supporters who have been spoilt with success (at our level anyway) but this season has been the total opposite to any other season I can remember. However, I was looking forward to the game yesterday, like I am every week and I couldn't imagine not being in my seat at 3 o'clock on Saturday afternoons to support the team.

I get fed up travelling to home games v Leeds, Charlton, Palace etc listening to people on the train who are going to game who clearly only turn up for them games and you never hear from them until the next big game (or on social networking sites at 5pm on Saturday slagging the players off or if we've won practically 'bum licking' the squad)

I completely accept this season has not been good enough and the board, manager and team need to hold their hands up and say it hasn't been good enough and accept next season in a lower division but turning your back on the club just isn't the answer.

• March 30, 2014 at 12:15

@spj91: well said mate and good on ya for turning up and doing ya bit for the club, probably lucky not to get 15000, 16000 each game or the joint would shake to bits with the noise but seriously it's the hard times where you all needed the most and it's not easy sitting through loss after loss but as was mentioned by someone earlier, it makes the rebuilding and winning sweeter down the track. Everyone's frustrated but it's only cause it matters so much. Cheers to you.

• March 30, 2014 at 12:42

@spj91: @spj91: Good for you and hope you look forward to the many years of highs and lows that will come. Forget the big timers that go, just stick with the core. Think most people think, f*** em, but still turn up next week. ' F*** em ' is a term of endearment. I think ' F*** em ' all the time because i love them, as you do. Good luck and if your hair isn't grey it soon will be.

• March 30, 2014 at 12:55

@spj91: I would believe that most supporters want only best for the club. I have been a supporter for over 40 years and I remember gates at the old den of approaching 27,000 (climbing on walls, the floodlights and even roof! I remember supporters taking the gates off their hinges at the Ilderton Rd end in order to get in and see us thrash Fulham. Those days were full of passion, we had a great team who worked hard, safety was no consideration nor the appalling toilets the fans came to watch great football.
      Times have changed, football is expensive especially for a family. Why should supporters be treated to third rate football and watch their team being humiliated week in and week out? Money is hard to come by these days and choices have to be made. Millwall supporters are the most resilient and loyal in the country, but they know when they are being served up rubbish.
      As many have said, the players and manager get good wages, lets see some results.

• March 30, 2014 at 13:05

@Peckhamlad: I agree that we are playing poorly but I don't think you can say we get humiliated week in week out? Teams don't come to Millwall and smash us or play us off the park? Derby and perhaps Middlesbrough did this season but I'm struggling to remember another team who turned up at The Den and completely battered us?

I accept Money is a huge factor in people not coming to games, it can work out to be an expensive trip just for one game but you can't honestly tell me that of the 23,000 people who were at Wembley and not at yesterday's game or any of our fixtures for that matter can't afford it?

I don't want to argue with 'my own' I just want fans to turn up, back the team and come back for some more the next week.

• March 30, 2014 at 14:15

@spj91: A lot of those "supporters" only came because it was at Wembley, some of them who caused trouble were not even Millwall supporters but wanted to make a nuisance of themselves. You cannot expect fans to turn up to see Millwall beat every week, and play rubbish- and they are playing rubbish. No fight, no pattern of play and a manager who doesn't know what team to play let alone what day it is.

• March 30, 2014 at 13:10

@Peckhamlad: mate..i used to run round deptford pk ashphalt running track with derick posse and eamonn dunfey and the boys as a kid....they had no great training facilities...they ran in their plimpsoles and they had hearts of lions....too much money and im afraid we are becoming a two bob club

• March 30, 2014 at 14:24

@roofmonkey: Yea,and i remember going to watch them train and Reg Davies the goalie and others come out and debate what pub they were going to. Broadfoot and co used to train us and they made up for the training afterwoods.

• March 30, 2014 at 14:25

@shoot ffs: afterwards that is

• March 30, 2014 at 14:40

@spj91: as a 22 year old you have much to experience then which is great for you - for as long as I have been attending Mlilwall fans have been schizophrenic - it is what makes us a bit different - you see things at our matches you won't witness elsewhere - 45000 one week 7000 the next - I know lots of people who are fans ( and in their hearts they are) who virtually never go - it's how it is

• March 30, 2014 at 13:04

fuming?...ive kept my mouth shut all season..we are going down with the yoevil...im f..ing fuming you t..at!......aaarrrrrr!

• March 30, 2014 at 16:02

Hey guts all we want is Millwall to be a place we all want to go to yes we all have our points of view but the one thing that unite us is the love for the club once Millwall always Millwall it runs thri our blood . We're live in the north east one of my grandsons support Millwall he turns up for football training and is proud to wear his Millwall trading shirt that takes guts up here and his aged 7 and win lose or draw he will be a MIddlebrough for his first ever Millwall game and he talks about all the time

• March 30, 2014 at 16:30

I just think we will do better next year, especially at home. Williams and upson will have a partnership going, sort the defence out and bring in a striker and a winger combined with youth and i think we will get something going, i agree with everyone we will not win it or pull any trees up but hopefully scrape into play offf position

• March 30, 2014 at 16:50

@SLloyd23: And then you woke up.

• March 30, 2014 at 16:58

Ian Holloway, Talking B****CKS Again!

• March 30, 2014 at 17:02

• March 30, 2014 at 18:00

Fellas, a few observations.
    I think there is something fundamentally wrong at Millwall F.C . Its more than just this set of players and this manager. Our two most naturally gifted players, Henry and Trotter, didn't want to stay at Millwall.
    Henry was so keen to leave he was prepared to play in a lower division rather than stay at the club.
    Other players that leave the club rarely seem to look back with any kind of fondness, and invariably seem to flourish elsewhere. Lewis Grabban has scored 19 goals at Bournemouth this season.
    I've supported Millwall since the mid sixties. Successes have been few and far between. An FA Cup Final and a couple of years in the Old League Division One. So much for 'roll yer sleeves up' Millwall style football. There needs to be a change of culture at the club. The fans will always be noisy, vociferous and passionate, and that's good, but we need to start playing a better passing game with players confident in possession.
    Pepe Mel at WBA was on TV this week saying its impossible to change a club's playing culture in a matter of a couple months. Holloway has inherited a rag tag bunch of players, many of them loanees, with no true allegiance to the club. The first thing he had to do was take them on a fitness boot camp. The January transfer window provides slim pickings and his options were limited.He has suffered injury problems and has been obligated to try different formations and tactics. Give him a break. Of course he comes out every week bemoaning refereeing decisions, luck, etc. He can't really say 'look the boys I've inherited aren't quite up to it'. He has to appear to be positive.
    We may go down this season but Holloway has to be given the opportunity to mould a team in his own fashion. This club has been in recent decline since the board and previous manager exacerbated the loss of Chris Wood by letting Henderson go and failing to replace either. Lets give Holloway a chance and get off the players back. Holloway knows they aren't up to scratch. Hell show them the door when this campaign is over !

• March 30, 2014 at 18:47

@The_Wall: with you on every point Wall, we are posessing the ball at least, and the last two managers could not achieve that with significant investment in playing staff. IH deserves a chance to rebuild and I wuite like his responses. The guy has spirit and personality, that is the definition of Millwall.

• March 30, 2014 at 18:50

@The_Wall:
      There is much truth in what you say - although I still reckon IH hasn't a tactical scoobie. Perhaps we ought to see what happens in the close season.

Incidentally I entirely agree about the much despised Henderson - apart from the goals he scored himself nearly every striker, and especially Wood, did better with him as their partner up front. Letting him go when we lost Wood was criminal

• March 30, 2014 at 18:54

@The_Wall: I should point out that I think Grabban was never the right personality for Millwall, talented but the wrong fit.

• March 30, 2014 at 19:09

2 sides of Millwall,
    Had a great 60th birthday VIP day at Millwall yesterday from the minute I arrived up to leaving everything top class,service by all staff great food and drink, tour of stadium short but nice to see the behind the scenes
    Great atmosphere packed with lots of people attending for varying reasons, if anyone is thinking of doing this then my day rated 11 out of 10 .( 50 years supporting Wall ).
    This is how well things can work for Wall, when organised and the right people employed.

• March 30, 2014 at 19:25

Other side of Millwall,
    Ian Holloway comes into VIP lounge gives speech and match day tactics,nothing of what he tells us even resembles what's going on on pitch
    After match certain players due to have photos with people on there special day Can't be bothered to come up to take part in a 5 minute PR excercise
    Man of match Jackson turns up with a face liked a smacked a*** and can't get away quick enough ,how after missing 2 certain goals he's man of the match !!!
    Then a great PR job by Robbo who not only had photos taken and was happy to talk to anyone and everyone time no object that's a Wall player through and through regardless of what people think of him he is Wall end of.
    Conclusion when not if we are relegated all the hired mercenary players who don't give a monkeys will be off.
    This is the poor organisation of players brought in poor management skills and at board level not got a clue
    There only one way to run Millwall and that's with players who are prepared to give blood,sweat,and tears that's is and always will be Millwall
    So everyone draw your own conclusions but on one side it's spot on and the other side ,poor and lacking how can they get it so right and so wrong.

• March 30, 2014 at 20:23

@southstand: Sorry to hear about the B side of your day. Just emphasizes what i was saying earlier. The club needs a change of culture, or, maybe a return to a former culture. When I first started supporting Millwall , the team was graced by the likes of Harry Cripps, Dennis Burnett, Eamon Dunphy and Barry Kitchener. These players were loyal to Millwall and probably wouldn't have left even if given the opportunity. They stayed at the club for numerous seasons.
      Today's lineup changes week to week and almost bears no resemblance season to season. Bring in players who want to stay at the club and build something, then introduce a new football philosophy. Lets pass and move, and when we don't have the ball lets fight to get it back. In fact damn it , where's me boots !!

• March 31, 2014 at 23:40

@The_Wall:
        Eamon was absolutely my hero as a kid, I loved watching him even when he was faffing about for the reserves in the dire London Midweek League.

But frankly the idea that he wasn't as keen as mustard to move on when Spurs were sniffing at making an offer back in '67 and didn't push for a move on a semi-regular basis is reinventing history whilst Dennis moved when he was still a regular in the first team.

I'm not saying they didn't love the club (though in Eamon's case that love was a bit ambivalent) but I the end it's their job not a weekly crusade for truth, justice and the Millwall way.

• March 30, 2014 at 22:26

@southstand: south, who were the players who were absent from the photos - I think it is scandalous that that can be allowed to happen - even the lowest paid players get enough from the club to justify that they do as requested - there should be zero tolerance of players thinking they are bigger than the club - perhaps explains results on the pitch - Holloway has to make that happen - either contribute full or f*** off

• March 30, 2014 at 19:35

Well it's the morning after and I've had a good rest, my time has been used on things away from mfc and I feel better for it. Someone mentioned above that mfc supporters are a bit schizophrenic, sums us up pretty well, myself anyway.
    I was so anoyed yesterday cause although I expected us to be relegated this season from about october, I I thought we'd have given a bit more than we have. To be fare we are certainly getting the rub of the green the past couple weeks and who'd have thought our last three goals would have been pens ? No one can deny that we have a shocking bunch of players in our squad, but of all the new signings who have actually stood up and been counted ? I can't think of one. I believe IH is the right man for the job and I also believe that behind closed doors he realised soon after signing that it would take a miracle to keep us up.
    On his signing JB actually said his only target for this season was to keep us up and he'll back him regardless with what ever he wants but he also said that if it doesnt go accordingly he will not get rid of him as he understands that signing him brings no guarentee of survival, but again will back him to bring us back up and believes in his long term plans for us, hence giving him a 2 1/2 yr contract.
    Myself included, we are proving to be a very hard bunch to please, we got a bit of success under KJ and got half brain washed in thinking the so called great, best ever squad assembled would push on from KJs hardwork but as I said back in july/august that we need to be realistic as everyone else will be improving their squads.
    We thuroughly deseve to be were we are and thuroughly deserve to go down, it's painful but it's millwall, it's "what we do".
    There's a lot of people to blame, the board, SL, even a little for IH, but KJ seriously cant take too much as he kept us in this division. If he walked whilst sending us down we would be in the bottom five of league one, but fortunately we are bottom of the championship and all and sundry know what needs to be done and I would not be surprised if things behind the scenes are not underway to make sure we are well equipped to hit the ground running. We have signed two players on permanent contracts who will more than know what it takes in league one and will want to experience the championship again as soon as possible. I believe both to be good players.
    There are positives that can come out of going down, a fresh start with a new structure for the long term. players we know that are not good enough for us, regardless of what division we play in, will finally be shown the door. We finally have some home grown coming through and will be in the correct division to blood them in, with us, not out on loan, so they can train and learn our managers style of play and be part of our team. I think woolford can prove to be a very good player for us in league one and be consistent.
    I think Bailey will stay and show that he has something to offer on the pitch rather than the treatment room. There's every chance that the hoff will sign and he too will prove to be a good player for us. I don't believe any of the loans will be signed as they are too expensive and will not want to play league one, which can only be a good thing. I think we'll most certainly sign two or three on loan and several permanents but I believe it will be done in good time in order to get the squad ready and match fit to start the season, unlike this seasons shambles.
    Time to start a fresh with a new millwall team we can be proud of. Forget the past lets move on and show our support for the new team next season and IH. Who knows the 22000 may even get another chance to join us regular 9000 on another day under the wembley arch, I for one wouldnt begrudge them as long as they behave and I'm able to go myself.
    Fast forward to season 2014-15
    cant wait - for the right reasons.

• March 30, 2014 at 20:53

Mate, I can only endorse everything you have said. In the truly awful situation that we have landed in there is hope but it's a painful process as you have said to go through. Unless you support one of the big 10 clubs in country, relegation is something that inevitably your team will flirt with but I wouldn't have it any other way, because millwall is my club. I've bought my season ticket next year for me and my son this afternoon, welcome to the next episode of what up supporting a proper football club is all about and not going to work on a Monday morning and listen to a bunch of delusioned idiots bemoan the fact that their club can only a muster a draw against man city, that's not real football. WE ARE MILLWALL!

• March 31, 2014 at 23:44

@millwallmatt:
        And despite everything I've just made seven attempts to renew my season ticket after the poxy router blew up halfway my online confirmation, even the phoneline people couldn't help. I expect I'll even try and get The Powers That Be to unlock the damn seat tomorrow.

• March 30, 2014 at 20:27

This my first time post, is it me or does someone else see that bircham has input tactilly , very average player , who seems clueless with tactics and subs

• March 30, 2014 at 20:45

Should say is not has

• March 30, 2014 at 21:32

Am I missing something here. No-one wanted Lomas but most if not all wanted Holloway. Think back two seasons, we were lucky to stay up, last season we only stayed up on the last day of the season and the only reason was that we had Chris Wood and his goals. Take them away and we'd have been down by mid March. What did everyone expect this season promotion, I was hoping for mid table. We've got a good squad but most are journeymen who won't be here next season. How many players from yesterday will be here for pre-season three or four. IH can't turn around the dross that we've had for over two seasons in three months. Yes he's barking mad but we all knew that and I for one like that. He's complained about the ref's which KJ never did. Do you all want him to do a Dennis Wise and slate he's players publicly, I don't. State the obvious about the mistakes but rip into them in the dressing room, leave them in no doubt about who done what wrong and who should be in charge. It's to late for this season, write it off and start planning for next. If IH wants to keep any of the loan signings for next year keep them but send the rest back to their parent clubs. Build for next seasons promotion push from League one. He's signed some of the youth team on pro contracts, please give them some game time this year no-one will moan at them look at how we've taken to Fred.

• March 31, 2014 at 00:16

You've got to give holloway time he's brought in players on loan but I don't think apart from upson & Williams that these was his first choises. Let's see who he brings in in the summer

• March 31, 2014 at 18:34