Millwall boss "devastated" for fans and players after loss

©
©

IAN Holloway says Millwall must "show what we are made of" after slumping to the foot of the Championship table.

Holloway described Tuesday's 3-2 home defeat to Birmingham as a dagger to the heart, and admitted his side now face an uphill battle to stay in the division.

He said afterwards: "I'm devastated for the lads because I saw all sorts of effort there.

"I am devastated for Steve Morison because of how he feels about that first opportunity he missed – if that goes in the whole game is totally different.

"I am devastated for the defenders because I thought they defended very well apart from the one that bobbled into the corner.

"It came from a throw in and we got one thing wrong with our organisation and that cost us. That's what happens.

"I feel devastated for the amount of effort they put in, and that Owen Garvan headed wide of the goal.

"We got a penalty late on but the first one was just so clear and that would have got us back into the game at the right time.

"They'd have been all over the place then but they went two goals ahead of us.

"They get to the byline, they dink it and he's got a free header. These things are like daggers in you but I feel for them because they care.

"I'm sick and tired of seeing the same thing every game – we get a chance, we miss it, and they go up the other end and score.

"If that continues, that won't be any good and we all know that.

"We have got to stop them having a shot and it going straight in, because that's all that happened really (for the first goal).

"We've scored two but we've probably missed another four, whereas Birmingham didn't do that so well done to them.

"Playing Zigic caused us all sorts of problems because I didn't think he'd start.

"Beevers had an injury on Monday so he wasn't able to train and that caused me a bit of a problem.

"I put him on because I think he's better in the air than Lowry is – he is a good three or four inches taller than him.

"We needed the first goal because that is the way our confidence is at the moment. I was delighted with the crowd – they were absolutely brilliant.

"We all know, when you look at where we are in the table, that was a team we could have caught, and I think you saw towards the end how vulnerable they were.

"For me, that's another one that's slipped away.

"It's got to change really quickly otherwise we'll be in trouble – if we weren't already.

"What I was pleased with was the way we kept going but we've got to organise ourselves a damn sight better when we're out there.

"For the first goal, I can see four things wrong with that – and in training we aren't getting those wrong, even a couple of weeks ago that wasn't happening.

"It's just where we are right now. To be honest, I think this is a fantastic opportunity for us to show what we're made of, as I've told the players."

102 thoughts on “Millwall boss "devastated" for fans and players after loss

• March 26, 2014 at 11:32

One thing is for sure... I'll always love you Millwall, through thick and thin, the ups and the downs. All the people threatening to not come back.. Do me a favour and dont. No one will miss you, I'm going all the games until the end of the season because I wouldn't want to do anything else on a Saturday.

• March 26, 2014 at 12:35

@Omer Ronayne: yes, we do and will continue to watch and follow Millwall FC, but be Honest ( cause we fans are NOT Stupid ), and admit that the Cr*p we have as Defenders at the moment, MUST be kicked OUT.

• March 26, 2014 at 16:15

@Omer Ronayne: the person I feel for is JB who has bankrolled this squad of overpaid under achievers !

• March 26, 2014 at 16:29

@southstandview: We'll all be here long after JB and most of the board have gone. Businessmen like him don't run clubs for altruistic reasons - I'm sure he saw us as an investment that would reap returns. Unfortunately he didn't really give Jackett the resources after promotion and only started to invest in player wages under Lomas and Holloway - both very poor appointments of his. I've got to be honest and say JB and Co are the last people I feel sorry for at the moment.

• March 26, 2014 at 17:03

@Micky Lions: without his cash we would fold and no one complained about holloways appointment at the time

• March 26, 2014 at 18:48

@southstandview: You can fool all of the people some of the time.........

• March 26, 2014 at 20:25

@southstandview: well his track record was impressive but he's every bit as bad as lomas if not even worse with us

• March 26, 2014 at 20:47

@southstandview: Don't know if Aldo can show the comments from the day Holloway was appointed, but I was one of several on here who had big doubts about his record. Anyway, it counts for nothing, because he was appointed by JB and the board - and since when did fans opinions count for anything?

As for JB bankrolling us - he's the one who came in as a Chairman making all the usual promises. He's made lots of loans to help run the club, but spending on transfers has been limited. He's also made some bad decisions which he doesn't seem to take any responsibity for.

• March 27, 2014 at 08:14

@southstandview: well he took Blackpool and palace into the premier league in the last 3 years so find us someone with a better record

• March 26, 2014 at 11:39

Why am I getting the impression that the locked doors after the game was for more of a 'pep talk' rather than the major b********* and throwing of hand grenades that should have taken place.

• March 26, 2014 at 11:40

Right next season when we are league 1 clear out all the old crap that just wants to be here for the money and get players that want to a part of this great club,Luton have a player called Andre Gray good little forward how about him in a wall shirt, Here you go Ollie here is his profile

• March 26, 2014 at 14:21

#colin66

100% agree with you, a clear out is much needed, the wage slags can f*** right off, get some good young blood in, give IH another season at the club so he can have no excuses, I love this club, and will do forever, but this year the games I've seen have been total s***, no energy, no fight, no pride. So next year a mass clear out and give the youngsters a go along with some good young signings
      Like Andre Gray.

• March 26, 2014 at 11:43

Time to take stock, rebuild, get rid of all the wasters and come back stronger.
    Millwall till I die.

• March 26, 2014 at 11:44

Not as devastated as us Ian......

• March 26, 2014 at 11:45

lets stick by holloway rebuild and come back a better , stronger millwall after all he aint the one that cant score from 3 yards

• March 27, 2014 at 06:05

@pshields: No he has not missed the open goal, but he has brought most of them to the club, so he must take his share of the blame, and no one has mentioned the coach of the strickers who has not been able seemenly to to get them firing the goals in.

• March 26, 2014 at 11:46

There's no way back now. Was there last night and just thought that all of the players looked scared every time they got the ball. No-one wanted the ball either. There was no composure, no pace, no movement and we were too predictable. I couldn't understand why we didn't try and get Fredricks on the ball more and he at least looked to beat his man and the couple of times he did Birmingham panicked. The match stats tell the story - Millwall 16 shots, scored 2, Birmingham 5 shots, scored 3 of them. We could not hit a barn door.

I like Holloway, but thought the formation last night was questionable to say the least. I just wish he would pick a way of playing and stick to it so the players can build their understanding. I do think we should give him at least a full season before we start calling for his head.

Also, one of the earlier posts on the match report thread talked about the good players we signed (McDonald, Chaplow, Bailey, Morrison). This is part of the problem. All of these players are around 30 and past their best. We need the core of the team to be between 22 and 26 - young, fit and hungry for success.

All teams got through cycles. We need a good clear out in the summer that unfortunately may include some players who have been good for Millwall over a number of years.

• March 26, 2014 at 11:50

"Playing Zigic caused us problems because I didn't think he'd start"??? I fuc*ing did! I bet most of us thought that circus act would f****** start so it just might have been an idea to have planned against for the possibility that he might have done Ollie - Jesus h Christ you couldn't make it up.

Ollie- Enough Said!

• March 26, 2014 at 11:50

Hope there's some more shots in the locker but if we end up doomed then roll the kids out and give them a taste before the end of season, it's too gooder club to be down in the dumps. I've probably been more fortunate than most this year cause I haven't seen any live action so in my imagination we've been playing championship winning football, reckon I may have f***** up somewhere.

• March 26, 2014 at 11:57

Your devastated for the players, there f***** useless, as proved through out the season. Roll on next season Rochdale at home!!!aarrrgggghhhhh !!!!!!

• March 26, 2014 at 12:28

@dpendet: and the season before that,but for wood's we would have been down in div 1 two season's ago,lot's of people made a scape goat of lomas,but jacket has to take a lot of flak as the position he left us in when he walked out was diabolical.
      what IH has to face up to is if you want to play premiership style football you have to have the player's that can put the training into reality in match games,i say give the youngster's a chance and shame the so called pro footballer's that still have longish contract's left to run,also IH must start playing people in position's more suited to them,woolford at left back in a back three no way,is the argentinian injured as i thought he was brought in as cover for malone at left back,if he is fit why not play him.If he is fit and woolford is considered a better left back why bring the argy to the club in the first place.

• March 26, 2014 at 17:24

@jim1222: Bessone was injured mate, along with about 9 others - you couldn't make it up.. what a pony season.

• March 26, 2014 at 20:01

@jim1222: If KJ had been backed financially he could have got in some decent players and maybe we wouldn't be in the s***.

Sick of people blaming him saying he left us in a terrible position. It's because he was a good manager able to get the best from a limited set of players and limited finances that got us from the brink of going down to league 2 into a Championship team!

If anything the post KJ era shows how poorly the next two managers have done with terrible signings and worse tactics leading to our current situation.

By your reasoning did Sir Alex leave United in a diabolical situation? Because in my eyes he got the best out of a very mediocre squad (by United standards) because the bloke knew what he was f****** doing.

KJ now at Wolves

Wolves top of the league. Coincidence I guess.

We will be waiting a f****** long time for another manager as good as him.

• March 27, 2014 at 01:09

@MFC Lion: The money was there to buy woods but KJ could not get him to stay with us,also i dont recall KJ moaning about lack of funds or giving it as a reason for leaving millwall,so what your saying is KJ didnt buy any player's now we know that is not factual and what ever you say he walked out leaving us with a load of shi* .
          Funny how wolves were not advertising for a manager but KJ quietly got the job a few months later makes me wonder . oh funny how henry followed.think about it mate.

• March 26, 2014 at 12:13

A serious clear out is what is required. I would not say one player came out of last night with any credit whatsoever. Morison won a few headers early on but went missing as tends to be the case. Personally, I would start to structure a team now for next season which means leaving out all of the loan signings. They aren't going to be here next season so does it mean that much to them? IH needs to stop gambling with formations and players and stick with a routine formation with fewer changes. No consistency which was a problem under Lomas too.

My line-up for what it's worth (if fit and available)...
    Forde
    Dunne (get rid in the summer and bring in a decent RB)
    Robinson (as above)
    Lowry
    Malone
    Abdou (replaced with Bailey when/if ever fit again)
    Upson
    Williams
    Fred
    Jackson (played up front and not on the wing)
    Pavey

• March 26, 2014 at 12:14

Ollie mate, just shut the f*** up a lot of us like you, but just get on with it now. GET RID OF THE WAGE THEIFS ! START AGAIN!

• March 26, 2014 at 13:22

@DiggerWall: Never before has a manager had so much to say, but achieved so little. I wish I had other people's faith in Holloway, but I think this bloke and current team could easily take us down again next year if we don't stop the rot.

• March 26, 2014 at 17:16

@Micky Lions: Don't worry there will be hardly any of the current team here next season.
        Forde will be gone. Not signed new contract
        Lowry gone. Ditto.
        Fredericks, loan.
        Garvan, loan.
        Campbell, loan.
        Morison, loan
        Jackson out of contract at end of season.
        Hoff. Ditto
        Argie Ditto thank f***.
        Then we are left with the no shows, Bailey, Chaplow, Martin. who are under contract but can't be relied on to string 2 games together. Get shot asap I don't care how.
        That leaves the ineffectual McD who probably has a sell on clause in the event of relegation (common these days).
        So in reality the squad we are left with to try to get us out of oblivion is the nucleus of Jackets squad including the deadwood.
        Bywater/, Dunne, Hoyte, Beevers, Shittu, Smith, Abdou, Robinson, Woolford, Marquis, Williams, Upson, Wright.
        JB might as well have saved his money because those millions have been wasted. We will still be in div1 with basically Jackets team.
        Our youth will have to hit the ground running because they are our only real chance.

Bywater/ Gerrer

• March 26, 2014 at 17:44

@Sealion: Hmm, pretty grim. Would be nice to hang on to the HOFF, should be a decent player when fully fit. Wouldn't fire your 'no shows' trio just yet though. If somehow they did find some consistency in fitness, they are all useful players... but I know what you're saying- no point having them if they can't play. With Bailey especially though, I think he's been a key loss for us during this relegation battle. Really thought he would've improved overall as a player with IH direction as well...

• March 26, 2014 at 18:04

@Luke ColdBlow10: As you can tell I am pretty cheesed off with Bailey Chaplow and Martin.
            Bailey has spent half the season unfit, has been suspended and injured for the rest.
            No excuse for the unfitness.
            Chaplow is either the unluckiest guy on the planet or totally unsuited to the rigours of professional football. Its a shame because I like the guy.
            Martin is another who should consider another career, looks promising at times but can't score to save his life and made of glass like Chaplow.
            I know footballers pick up injuries from time to time but these guys can't even make it through training let alone match days

• March 26, 2014 at 22:17

@Sealion: I am not 100% sure but I thought Martin was only on a 1 year contract and that Smith was out of contract in the Summer. Not sure about Abdou either.

• March 27, 2014 at 09:24

@denslions: I think you are right about Martin, I can't see it getting renewed, but we may have to extend Smiths and Abdous contract as they will be cheap and could do a job in the lower div as squad players. I don,t think we will have the choice of players beating a path to our doors, hope I'm wrong.

• March 26, 2014 at 12:24

Well here you go again excuses, I know there's not much you can once they take to the pitch. But you keep picking players who do not perform. You have had a go at everyone who did not put their chances away (fair comment). But how about the bloke who let the first goal in, is he not just as much to blame.

• March 26, 2014 at 12:32

Glad that we won't play Wolves next season. Can you imaging what KJ thinks of this Millwall lot!

• March 27, 2014 at 01:13

@AireLys: A lot of them are the cra*he left us with

• March 26, 2014 at 12:35

This is ridiculous. The clown should resign immediately.

• March 26, 2014 at 13:34

@Lion of the North: Holloway - please GO NOW. His appointment has been nothing less than a disaster for our football club.

• March 26, 2014 at 13:11

Ollie I think you need to watch the 3 goals conceded again as so called professional footballers were at fault for all 3. Yes, we created lots of chances against another poor team but creating a chance and scoring from a chance seem worlds apart for our lot. Such another poor result with yet another formation. Can't wait wait to see Saturdays line up 1, 2, 4, 1, 1, 2 will probably be your preferred option no doubt.

• March 26, 2014 at 13:15

So - line up for saturday?

Forde up front, Morrison at left back? Beevers in a holding role, Jimmy on the right wing? I swear he picks the team out of a hat before every game.

• March 26, 2014 at 21:33

@tomahawk:

an unchanged team then ....makes a change

• March 26, 2014 at 13:22

There's something missing.
    Has been for a while. I think it's the soul of Millwall.
    It just doesn't feel the same. Doesn't feel right. I've seen us both relegated and promoted in the past. This is different. Whatever is missing, I hope it comes back.

• March 26, 2014 at 13:24

Ok to put it straight wheather anyone will agree or do the same i'm not sure. We go down I will support millwall the same as I do now, that means going week in week out. If we stay up I will go week in week out to. It's part of being a proper supporter, seeing ups and downs of your team! Personally, I think it's ridiculous people saying they will not go if we go down.
    Would be good to see what everyone thinks

• March 26, 2014 at 21:33

@ryan.killick:

it stems from american ownership

• March 26, 2014 at 13:26

We will rise out of the ashes no problem. Especially with a full Holloway Starting 11.

The problem is NOT the manager its the players. You lot who moan about the formation issue need to understand 4-2-3-1 is the most versatile formation and with the right players it wont be a problem to start winning.

Also Bailey, Chaplow, Mcdonald, Martin are not good signings in my books. Just a bunch of sick notes WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

• March 26, 2014 at 18:37

@Dazi:
      Oddly enough many of us do understand 4-2-3-1 without liking it one little bit.

Just as we know full well that if we had the "right players" it wouldn't matter overly much what the formation was.

But here's the salient point - we haven't got the right players. We didn't have them last year, Lomas' intake were no better suited than the ones he inherited from Kenny and most of us can't see the merest vestige of an improvement in Holloway's newbies. The difference is that we started the season with players just about capable of forming a mediocre Championship side playing a rigid 4-4-2 and consistently refused to line up that way cos it's apparently old-fashioned.

So rather than be predictable we've put ourselves in a position where nobody knows what the heck they should be doing, where their team-mates are likely to be or who is supposed to be covering which opponent. It's been a complete and utter shambles week after week whilst a minority of deluded supporters keep claiming we are playing better football. I can't see it, most other supporters can't see it and the opposition certainly haven't noticed it.

You could swop this lot round, drawing names from a hat from now til Doomsday without hitting on a selection capable of playing 4-2-3-1, 3-4-3 or whatever the heck Holloway bunged out whenever we went a goal down. In fact that seems to have been the basis of most line-ups this season. They have made about as much sense as the partnerships foisted on the public by Corrie scriptwriters.

• March 26, 2014 at 21:36

@The Humble One:

dont know enough about Corrie but the rest of your post is absolutly bang on ...plagarism me thinks you must have read my posts yesterday

• March 27, 2014 at 00:01

@tonytowneronthewing:
          LOL - we could subject it to a Turnitin plagiarism computer analysis (or I could chuck in a reference or ten which is the usual trick).

But no, I've been banging on in a similar vein for months to anybody prepared to listen ad a fair few who weren't.

• March 26, 2014 at 13:41

I have supported Millwall through good times and bad and will continue to do so if we go down, as now looks inevitable. This has been the most depressing season I can remember in terms of level of expectation against actual results and having so little to cheer about. I don't share most people's optimism regarding Holloway's ability to re-group next season and bring us back up again. Holloway was appointed to save us; came in and told us the players weren't fit and how he was going to get them playing attractive football. We have gone backwards since his appointment, certainly in respect of points won. He is statistically the worst Millwall manager EVER, and God knows, we've had some proper numpty's here before. Personally, if /when we go down, he has the decency to do what he did at palarse; admit he's not up to the job and walk away.

• March 26, 2014 at 18:20

@Adsy77777: I was off this site at the time but go back and look at the Portugal photos. 'Hardest training ever' we were told but not a bead of sweat in sight. Should've taken them to Dartmoor or the Brecon Beacons instead.

• March 26, 2014 at 19:31

@lion.ie: You and I seem to be generally like minded when it comes to Millwall matters. Holloway was going to get the players fit, bring the players together, told us to expect exciting, attacking, passing football; even told the players to watch Champions League so they could see how he wanted us to play!!!!! What has he actually done? In the main, nothing but destroy any hope we had of surviving this season. Poor and confusing tactics, bizarre substitutions, wasted more of JB's money on players, who on the whole were no better (or exact replicas of the players we already had), and talked more b******* than I previously thought humanly possible. All of this done at Millwall's expense and at the whim of his enormous ego. Yet many Millwall fans think he's not at fault and the man to lead us back to the promised land. I've likened it to friends to your mum remarrying a complete charlatan and conman; you know he's a charlatan and a conman but your mum and the rest of the family think he is Mr Wonderful. I seriously hope he walks out before he breaks any more hearts - truth is, due to the length of his contract, we can't afford to sack him.

• March 26, 2014 at 14:02

sorry but ollie ain't what he was supposed to be is he ? the players aren't either facts are lomas done a better job than ollie lol why can't we play the millwall way? why can't we play 4-4-2 and stop the f****** around playing people outta position ? why can't morro and simeon partner up ? why are we not starting abdou more ? why are we starting mcdonald ? why is dunne on the pitch ? why play 3 at the back on the most important game of the season ? why use every other formation other than 4-4-2 ? why are we playing robbo more than beevers before injury ? why is fred not the 1st name on the team sheet ? why is millwall not millwall anymore ? f***** off with it now! everyone is to blame stop protecting ollie coz it's ollie. if it was anyone else they would of been sacked (lomas) by now. and the players are the worst set i have ever seen at millwall f****** w***!!!

• March 26, 2014 at 14:04

After lasts nights result and performance from Holloway and the team , I said to myself that I would not go again this season. However, after a good nights sleep I am actually looking forward to going again on Saturday. We will struggle against Rhodes and Gestede and will most likely get a point at best, but I will still be there to support. Its not over until its mathematically impossible to stay up, but it will take a miracle now.
    Holloway has had more than enough time to turn things around and I don't buy into all the excuses about this not being his team. If we are in League One next season then I fear we may start poorly and Holloway and his muppet coaches could be gone before Christmas.

• March 26, 2014 at 14:33

There are too many players that are just not upto it and don't know the millwall way. dunne wright bailey chaplow mcdonald Campbell just not goo enough and robbo beavers Walford Jackson and morrison need a good kick up the a***

• March 26, 2014 at 15:46

hi everyone, I just woke up from a 9 month coma and ive been told that ian Holloway is the millwall manager, it must be the surgeon winding me up because he also said that we signed,steve Morrison, nicky bailey,scott McDonald, simeon Jackson, dj Campbell, Richard chaplow and 38 others, cant wait to see a paper we must be running away with league alongside qpr.

• March 26, 2014 at 15:50

The tragedy is that relegation will actually enable some of these 3rd rate players to sustain their careers at the club!

• March 26, 2014 at 20:20

@norris: doubt it, they're not up to league 1 standard.

• March 26, 2014 at 16:13

The best favour you can do for Millwall IH is to go and sooner the better, I am fed up with all your flannel and excuses. Your plans and schemes have come to nothing, your signings have been hopeless despite the hype and you have cost the club dear. Please go and take your entourage with you.

• March 26, 2014 at 16:19

I renewed my season ticket last week , I know we will be playing in a lower division but I can not walk away from the club I've supported all my life. During my time going to Millwall ( 60 years) I have never heard a manager come out with so much rubbish as Holloway. There have been good,average and bad ones in that time. But none who act on the touch line and make stupid excuses all the time like he does.I had no opinion one way or the other when he got the job,I thought lets see how he goes. I wanted him to do well for Millwall. After watching match after match with his actions and excuses I now know we have the wrong man in charge. It saddens me to say this but please Mr.Holloway fall on your sword before next preseason .

• March 26, 2014 at 18:21

@markbrowns: I too have been supporting for sixty years this September. I agree with everything that you say and do hope that the manager does the honourable thing and resigns. We have of course been here before, but I never seen such consistently poor performances and bad management. There are some excuses for Lomas as he was relatively new to management but none whatsoever for the current manager, with his supposed track record in management. His tactics defy logic and to compound the stupidity, he goes public with what he is proposing to do prior to the match. Opposing managers cannot believe their good fortune. I will of course continue to support Millwall as no doubt you will but not sure how long? I can't make every match but since our win against Villa in the FA Cup in January 2013, I have seen around twenty games and not seen one win by Millwall. An unenviable record.
      Nil desperendum...

• March 26, 2014 at 18:41

@sierraleone:
        I've only done 50 odd years but I reckon Peter Anderson was worse.

• March 26, 2014 at 18:44

@The Humble One:
          And I expect I'll renew my season ticket at the weekend.

It's a sodding life sentence is this!

• March 26, 2014 at 21:41

@The Humble One:

I thought the Anderson Tapes were a good read....he did not spout as much nonsense as Stan

• March 26, 2014 at 16:27

Sick & tired of all the bo,,,,,s from i.h & our s*** squad words fail me for what we had to put up with last night ,having supported M.F C for over 60 years I must say this is the worst I have seen or felt in all my time as t loyal & constant support ,I now have to weigh up my options for next season ,,,, Millwall season ticket. £250.
    Ascot united £40
    Travel Aprox £500 Home & away
    A Utd £50 away travel £0 home
    To watch wage bandits who don't give a s*** for our M F C
    A bunch of youngsters on F all who run there hearts out & do give 110 percent
    S*** overpriced warm beer in plastic cups
    Brand new bar .cool lager £3 quid a pint in a glass ,,,
    What to do ????????????
    Will be at the den sat credit card in hand & renew for next year ,,,,, When will I ever learn ??????
    Just don't tell the misses CO Y L We do deserve better

• March 26, 2014 at 16:55

I've been saying it all season and I'll say it again, we Haven't got any natural wide men. Even s*** teams like birmingham have a chris burke who goes past people. We lost taylor on one wing and henry on the other and never replaced them. Ive never seen a Millwall team that put in so few good crosses or score so few goals from midfield either.

• March 26, 2014 at 17:33

Ian Holloway Talking B******ks again!

• March 27, 2014 at 03:10

So it feels like a dagger through your heart at leaqst least you aint been knived in the back

• March 26, 2014 at 17:46

Why did JB give the clown two more seasons rather than just until summer and see how it goes? Hindsight is 30:20 but apart from the wrong man, it would have focussed his mind on survival. Instead he has gone crazy and faffed around, spouted about cooking with raisins and firms. He has more to say about what we want than is produced. He is a disaster for us and hope he goes of his own accord. He may well be losing the dressing RM with his tactics, selections and results. Joke season with two jesters purporting to be managers.

• March 26, 2014 at 17:47

Holloway is footballs answer to david cameron.
    Holloway OUT!

• March 26, 2014 at 20:21

@darrenjamesdj: and Osbourne as his second in command! Useless

• March 26, 2014 at 21:42

@darrenjamesdj:

Come on be fair...cameron is not that bad

• March 26, 2014 at 18:46

Four managers in Kenny Jackett, his final season, Steve Lomas, Neil Harris (ok for 2/3 games) and now Ian Holloway where we have been very poor to say the least. Numerous players too and results and performances have been awful, makes you wonder what is going on and why.

• March 26, 2014 at 18:53

All of you lot who are calling for Holloway to be sacked are talking nonsense. He said when he came here it was going to be a long term plan. Its a disgrace the condition this club was the last couple of years, under Lomas half of them acted like a disgrace. Holloway has been left with a bunch of League 1 players and is trying to do what he can with them, but there isa point when you have to realise that the players we have at our club are not good enough.
    Deadwood: Robinson Dunne Shittu (not the same this year) abdou (not cut out for the type of football Holloway wants to play.) . easter mcdonald bailey

Others that will leave: Forde Lowry Beevers (too good for league 1) malone frederiks bessone chaplow morinson campbell jackson

Starting line up next year if they leave without replcements:
    Bywater
    J.Smith Williams no second centre back hoyte
    Upson wright
    Fred Wollford Martin
    Maierhofer

That line up roves the task Ollie has but if we stick by him I am sure it is a challenge he is capable of doing

• March 27, 2014 at 00:07

@Adsy77777:
        That's a bit harsh - unless you have evidence Chorister is a bald, jug-eared, bandy, demented wee dwarf which seems slightly unlikely.

Mind you I was once accused on another board of being Martine McCutcheon's mum and there was even less evidence for that.

• March 27, 2014 at 10:06

@The Humble One: How is your Martine these days Humble? Has she got you something nice for Mother's Day?

• March 26, 2014 at 20:23

@MillwallChorister: Well he can't hack it now and he certainly won't next season perhaps when he has taken us down to the conference league he might win a few games, best answer is for him to resign this weekend.

• March 26, 2014 at 19:19

I'm gutted been supporting Wall since 1964, got a VIP Day at wall on Saturday for my 60th birthday can't help feeling as much as it's a birthday it will feel more like going to a Funeral !!
    Words enough have been spoken me included can't believe I will be witnessing Relegation ,don't believe in miracles ,Defo not at Wall.
    How many years now in the lower leagues Totally ,Totally Gutted.

• March 26, 2014 at 20:28

@southstand: try and enjoy your day as from 3 pm onwards (based on this season) I can't see the wall giving you much to smile about.

• March 27, 2014 at 07:50

@southstand: Do enjoy your day. It has been an depressing fifteen months, Wembley not withstanding, but after all these years we are used to it. In your case the timing for your celebration is dire butwe have been here before and no doubt we will be again. Unless some sheik or oligarch buys into the club, not something I would welcome, we will always be a second/third tier club. Have been since my first match in 1954 and always will be. As I said enjoy your day, have a glass or two of something alcoholic, for medicinal purposes of course, and that will certainly help. I will raise my glass to you on Saturday.

• March 26, 2014 at 19:42

Like others I'm gutted but he's also come unstuck cos he didn't realise how poor our squad was when he came .
    He's trying to rebuild but it was never gonna work halfway through the season.

Just firing blanks with 6 forwards.

Without a fit Shittu & Lowry in the centre we've got no chance.

• March 26, 2014 at 19:52

@Millwallsteve: That was why he was brought in; to save us. He had enough games and backing to make a better fist of it than he has. He is not up to the job IMO and results would tend to back that up. I, for one, hope he's not here next season.

• March 26, 2014 at 20:35

@Adsy77777: look we wanted Holloway as manager we voted him our top choice by a long way and amazingly we got our wish.

Was always going to be a difficult job to keep us up but the sorry stats are he has managed less points than Lomas and we now not only in the relegation zone but bottom.

He has so far (barring a spectacular miracle) completely failed his MO.

• March 26, 2014 at 20:43

@Millwallsteve: just not the case Steve I'm afraid - yes we have weak players and as I have said all season , no match winners but IH has panicked - after Derby and the injuries he has not set the team up with any structure - his rants have been embarrassing and childish when we needed a calm head and someone who makes us hard to beat - look at Charlton , they are still the same rubbish we played but because they just hung in there against Huddersfield and Forest they got lucky - they didn't conceded and you get one chance, at least they play the same way each game - players do the basics and you don't have to be great to get results sometimes- Ultimately that is what is most gutting about this season, there are some poor teams and we are not above any of them - the more I think of what we have achieved the more disbelief and anger I have - I cannot belief how utterly hopeless and lacking intelligence our managers have been -

• March 26, 2014 at 20:11

Lets face facts. We were already in trouble when Holloway came here and if you remember last season we only just survived by the skin of our teeth. I hope that we can win enough games to stay up but if not I'm confident that we can go back up within a couple of seasons at the most. The worst thing we can do is keep chopping and changing managers. Keep the faith!

• March 26, 2014 at 20:50

@Twizzle: there is no evidence based on what you have seen this year from IH that we will be promoted next year - there is ample to suggest we will go down - how the f*** can nay manger think you can sterat with a 3 man defence of dunne, lowry and robinson in our biggest game of the year and then switch woolford to full back - it is totally ands utterly idiotic - if it was proposed and you were the assistant , what would you say ' just must be joking ' but no, not us - I know he has injuries to deal with but..................
      The only way IH will get us back up is if he gets rid of everyone bar 3 players which won't happen because we have too many below average players still on contracts - total joke

• March 26, 2014 at 21:33

The last season with KJ was poor, rot was well and truly set in, Lomas was a disaster, Holloway has tightend us up mostly, but whe we try for goals we concede heavily, not a doom and gloom merchant but it's looking very hard now to stay up, sometimes in order to go forward you must first step back, and I can't believe anyone is saying IH is the worst manager ever, George Petchey in his first full season anyone?

• March 26, 2014 at 23:38

We have existed as a club since 1885, only 2 seasons of which were spent in the then English first division (the equivalent of today's Premiership) so that's 127 years floating between (in old money) divisions 2, 3 and 4!!! The stats speak volumes, we are what we are, We are life, we are work, we are struggle, we are the fight. Thoughts of premiership etc are by the stats ridonkulous whichever way you try to break it down. Enjoy the struggle, and take pride in the fact we are US and proud. My dad died 2 Years back at the grand old age of 55, he taught me a few bits and bobs along the way.... But his legacy was that he left me loving Millwall!!!! It's all about the struggle and the big time does and will never suit us!!! Fact!!! Read the stats!!!! X

• March 27, 2014 at 03:23

@jim1222: come out of the den tuesday went & got my ticket for nottingham..next week i'll get my season ticket..i know i'am not alone in this..we must be all nuts..

• March 27, 2014 at 07:14

@JonnyBanks: *the big time does NOT and will never suit us!!! Fact!!! Read the stats!!!!

• March 27, 2014 at 09:26

@JonnyBanks: enjoyed the read mate, sorry to hear bout ya old man , that's young but fantastic that you remember him in that way and thanks for sharing ya thoughts.

• March 27, 2014 at 11:38

@JonnyBanks: Well said mate. I loved the two years in Div 1, away days at Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd etc, but I agree, we are not a Prem club, and never will be. If people want that, f*** off to Chelsea or Arsenal and chase some trophies. My son is a Junior Lion, and is proud to support Millwall, as are a lot of his mates. He will be a ball boy for Doncaster and Bournemouth games and he can't wait. He was a mascot v Bristol City last season, on SKY TV, and he shows his mates all the time. I love and hate this club becasue of what it does to you, but will be there through thick and thin.

• March 27, 2014 at 12:27

@JonnyBanks: Well said Jonny, it has always been a roller coaster supporting MFC but it will never be boring, there is always something to fight for whether its the relegation battles or promotion. Over the years there has been little of anything else no mid table obscurity for us.
      Lets hope we can build a team that we can be proud of where ever we find ourselves in the league.
      Millwall without fight is not Millwall.

• March 27, 2014 at 21:44

@JonnyBanks: Lovely comments Johnny & co.
      Spot on - 'we are, what we are' - we ain't a bunch of glory hunting robots like Man u & Chelsea fans - BORING C*NTS!!!! - "Oh God, we're not winning EVERY game!!" Boo f**king hoo! - Wa*kers!

p.s. YES! - 'Always' enjoy the struggle - it makes the wins all the more sweeter! COYL.