Report: Millwall 2-3 Birmingham City

MILLWALL hit rock bottom after a disastrous defeat at home to Birmingham.

The Lions slumped to the foot of the Championship table as the Blues ran out deserved winners under the floodlights at The Den.

Steve Morison cancelled out Jordan Ibe's opener but Andy Shinnie and Nikola Zigic scored close-range headers either side of the break to put the visitors in control.

Simeon Jackson converted a late penalty but Millwall could not find an equaliser.

Ian Holloway opted for a change of formation following the 2-1 defeat at Leeds.

The Lions lined up in a 3-4-3 formation with a back three of Alan Dunne, Paul Robinson and Shane Lowry, while Ryan Fredericks, Morison and Jimmy Abdou returned to the side.

DJ Campbell, who scored at Elland Road on Saturday, was also named in the starting XI.

Millwall started the game at a quick tempo and Morison forced visiting goalkeeper Darren Randolph into an important double save in the 13th minute.

From the resulting corner, Campbell headed straight into the arms of Randolph after Scott McDonald's corner had been nodded back across goal.

Morison should have broken the deadlock when Owen Garvan's miscued shot fell perfectly to him inside the area, but the striker sliced his shot wide.

And as is now becoming a weekly occurrence, the Lions swiftly fell behind at the other end against the run of play.

Martyn Woolford and Dunne both failed to clear and Liverpool loanee Ibe squeezed an accurate shot into the corner despite David Forde getting a firm hand on the ball.

But Millwall hit back in the 30th minute when McDonald's floated cross-field pass picked out Morison, whose shot from a narrow angle deflected in off a defender.

The Lions were not level for long, however, as Shinnie barged past Lowry to head in Tyler Blackett's first-time cross from the left flank.

That goal exposed the frailties of a three-man defence and Holloway soon reverted to a flat back four, with Fredericks slotting in at right back.

Shortly before half time, Fredericks was felled on the edge of the area but Garvan curled the free kick narrowly over the bar.

At half time, Holloway replaced Lowry and Dunne with Jackson and Mark Beevers.

The second period began in controversial fashion as Millwall were denied a penalty after Paul Robinson appeared to handle Campbell's cross near the byline.

And moments after referee Scott Mathieson had dismissed the Lions' appeals, Zigic nodded in Chris Burke's cross to make it 3-1.

Millwall's immediate response was limited to Garvan's scuffed shot which brushed the side netting on its way wide.

Zigic dispossessed Woolford, who was playing as a left back, in the 79th minute and squared for Shinnie, but he blasted over from inside the area.

The Lions' evening was then summed up when sub Stefan Maierhofer crossed for Garvan, who somehow headed wide of an open goal.

Jackson won and scored a late penalty after he was bundled over by Aaron Martin but Birmingham saw out four minutes of added time to claim the three points.

Wins elsewhere for Charlton and Barnsley ensured Millwall dropped to 24th in the table.

148 thoughts on “Report: Millwall 2-3 Birmingham City

• March 25, 2014 at 22:06

Its not looking good for us but Miracles do happen onwards and upwards to Saturday

• March 25, 2014 at 22:20

@millwallgracie98: You won't see me down the den anymore, why should I give them my hard earned cash when they can't even be bothered to play for us their wage payers, I feel the manager should go the whole squad should go & we will go down & rebuild with players who want to play for the team with a manager who knows what 442 is, s..t team s..t manager, s..t board, enjoy div1 next year fellow long suffering supporters, thankyou & good nite.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:38

Ollie what the f--k was you trying to prove tonight, let's play 3 at the back with 3 s*** defenders, Birmingham must have been laughing their b******* off when they see this. You are so tactically naive and despite bringing in a vast number of your players, you have managed to make Lomas look good. Stick out a proper formation for the rest of the season and who's knows we might win some f--king games and stay up.

• March 25, 2014 at 22:53

@millwallgracie98: WELL WE HAVE JUST SEEN A WHOLE LOAD OF RUBBISH OLLIE! I THINK WE CAN STILL STAY UP, BUT, YOU NEED TO GET SMART AND TAKE ROBBO & DUNNE OUT OF DEFENCE , ( THEY ARE WELL PAST THEIR SELL= BY DATE. BRING YOUNGER PLAYERS IN BY SATURDAY. WE INTEND TO STILL FOLLOW MILLWALL ON SATURDAY AT HOME, AND ALSO AT NOTTINGHAM FOREST AND WIGAN, BUT PLEASE GET A FEW PLAYERS IN THE TEAM WHO WANT TO FIGHT FOR A WIN. FAILURE TO DO THIS AND EVEN I, WILL BE CALLING FOR YOUR HEAD. NO ONE LIKES US, WE DONT CARE. STORMIN' NORMAN........VERY DISAPPOINTED BY YOUR TEAMS.

• March 26, 2014 at 09:51

@bermlion: Rubbish! is putting it politely. I think the lads over this side would use more four - letter words to describe that display at the back. Of we score 2 goals, you don't wanna concede 3 , so this Defence has No Defence ! They MUST GO !

• March 26, 2014 at 01:11

1 if not the worst millwall team I have ever seen .

• March 25, 2014 at 22:08

Let's all laugh at Millwall la la la. Can't wait for Holloway to come out saying "we deserved to win" or "I still think we can do it, we've got 8 cup finals and Saturday is a must win" f*** off

• March 25, 2014 at 22:53

@harryfabian: IH is still looking for the right ingredients for his cake. We need the fans' backing to make The Den a fortress, we still have a lot of games left, I was wrong to play three at the back, so we'll play 1-4-3-1-2 on Saturday with seven changes to tonight's line up, we were terribly unlucky, some poor refereeing decisions cost us, etc, etc, etc. Have I missed any other excuses?Getting tired of it now!

• March 25, 2014 at 22:10

= relegated.

• March 25, 2014 at 22:11

Oh well, there it is. I can't even be bothered to rant anymore. Why should I put the effort in reading this forum and trying to encourage when the team I follow can't be bothered to turn up. This is even worse than Dave Tuttles relegation season. Season is now over for me. Bye!

• March 25, 2014 at 22:30

Final post from me this season. While writing my the last message I was sitting in the small room and it dawned on me that the bog paper we have is harder to push through than the Millwall defence. Thought I'd share that with you all.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:53

@Chipplefuddywick: Finally, something worth discussing! Andrex or Cushelle??? Always worth spending a little extra on quality, otherwise it could lead to a sh*tty finger.... oh sh*t, hang on - is this turning into another football metaphor....?!?!

p.s. where's the best place to buy skag in the Deptford area...?

• March 25, 2014 at 22:13

IH does make it hard for himself and the players 9and us) by constantly changing the formations - look at Leeds tonight ; they are useless and we could even get draw with them - the pattern is set- we find a way not to beat anyone - no excuses are available - simply not good enough - we are in miracle territory

• March 25, 2014 at 22:13

How long have I said we are down? The rot started (coincidently??) with the chavs at Wembley. Not Holloway's fault all that changed after that. Judge him on next season please. And for crying out loud, ditch everyone who will not be here next season and field the youth to get experience to carry this club into the future. I don't care if we lose gamess 10-1 so long as a future starts to develop from within.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:34

@SE14:
      I suggest you get your facts straight regarding the "chavs at wembley" comment, as you clearly haven't got a clue what your talking about regarding that, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the position we are now in.

• March 26, 2014 at 00:24

@82wall</a@82wall: Fact: A potential big sponsor pulled out of talks after Wembley tarnished the club's image. Fact: Lost revenue contributed to not being able to bring in a Wood type striker. Fact: We are going down due to lack of clinical finishing up front. QED.

• March 26, 2014 at 00:51

@Canterbury pilgrim: It was all a big misunderstanding apparently. the copious lines of coke snorted in the toilets were just recreational and the FA forced people into the pubs to drink themselves stupid before the 5 o/c kick off. No one likes us......

• March 26, 2014 at 00:57

@SE14: I reckon the rot started possibly several months before Wembley- my theory is that the club knew that KJ wanted to leave long before we knew anything about it, and in turn - either KJ had no reason to put the effort into rearranging the team - or the board had no reason to back any of KJs decisions coz he was leaving.....??

I don't know, maybe I'm way off - but I found it strange that KJ just seemed to 'run out of ideas' for the last quarter of the season... and that there was also no money made available to him.... whereas Lomas seemed to have plenty at his disposal....?

• March 25, 2014 at 22:14

We're a lethal mix of crap and unlucky, but Holloway doesn't help. When your manager is obviously panicking it will transmit itself to the team. I know he inherited a sinking ship from Lomas but so did Lomas from Kenny. Results say we've got worse.

It's so predictable I wonder why I keep going sometimes. Suddenly tonight we're 3 at the back, and of course we get pulled apart when they break and as usual their first 3 shots all go in, while we need to craft 12 perfect sitters to score 1. Then when things aren't going to plan, you get the compulsory 3 sub's on 45/50 mins and several players moved into position, and I don't know if the players know what the system is by this point but I sure as hell never do. Doesn't help that there's no winger in the squad either. Not picking on Woolford as he's arguably been the best of an abysmal bunch this year, but so many times he got the ball in a promising position and you really wanted him to sprint with it. He traps the ball, stops, has a good look, then always drops the shoulder, tries to cut inside and usually runs into 3 defenders.

Seems a nice bloke who understands and values the Millwall ethos, but I predict that around Christmas, when we slip into the bottom 6 of league 1 after Chesterfield win 4-0 at The Den, he'll get sacked.

• March 26, 2014 at 07:46

@jamie: a lethal mix of crap and unlucky , that will live long in my memory and it sums this season up perfectly

• March 25, 2014 at 22:16

So the fat lady has finally started to sing! Holloway was saying this was his most important game ever (yes, sure after winning premiership promotions twice). I think a few people will not want to hear any more excuses from him now. We are where we deserve to be as a team. However, we, the supporters deserve a lot better than this , and have done for well over a year now. We are down unless DJ can do a bit of fixing for us...and he cannot do much from the sidelines! Miserable Millwall...truly miserable!

• March 25, 2014 at 22:16

MUGGY!!! the whole clubs had it. i wonder who'll run first J.B or ollie? we're down and have been before a f****** ball was kicked. i genuinely can't believe people are shocked or being optimistic! millwall will free fall through league 1 as well mark my words.

• March 25, 2014 at 22:17

I've seen some poor performances but that takes the biscuit. I've travelled up from Westgate on Sea for every game bar two to watch absolute crap. We've had some sh** refs but I can't keep blaming that. The players have to show some fight but apart from a couple none of them have. Start playing the youngsters now and we might have a chance next season in League One.

• March 25, 2014 at 22:18

Going..going....gone!! : ( Fu*k it, roll on August.

• March 25, 2014 at 22:19

Come on Holloway, let's hear another load of b*******

• March 25, 2014 at 22:20

The David Brent of football management I'm afraid. Even if by some miracle he pulled off survival, it's not going to happen, I'd still want him out. However, if he doesn't bottle it he has two more years and a clean slate next season and should get a second chance from us all that he probably doesn't deserve.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:22

@lion.ie: Lion, he's an absolute joke, I have to admit I'm developing a pathological hatred to Oliie. Trying to resist the voices in my head.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:34

@Adsy77777: I even refuse to call him 'Ollie' as it is all part of the circus persona Adsy.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:43

@lion.ie: Can I suggest Wollie in future?

• March 25, 2014 at 22:28

Season 2013/14. Two s*** managers, loads of underachieving players!
    F*** em all off, youth the way forward.
    Why was the crowd so low tonight?

• March 25, 2014 at 22:30

@dpendet: because many have already given up...and a lot more will have tonight!

• March 26, 2014 at 10:32

my season ticket fell down a road drain last night, ON PURPOSE!!

THAT'S MY HOPING POT

• March 25, 2014 at 22:33

To be honest I'd draw the curtains if this bunch of cu nts were playing in my garden so fu ck going to the den to watch 'em!

• March 25, 2014 at 22:28

Apparently, Holloway and team locked in dressing room...own up, who did it!!

• March 25, 2014 at 23:23

@drifter: They're all to stupid to find their way out.

• March 25, 2014 at 22:29

Given up!

• March 25, 2014 at 22:31

Example : Company has new young manager but results are not good. The chairman sacks him .Brings in experienced manager and pay him good salary and funds to bring in some new staff. Three months later results are the same with not a glimmer of light for the chairman..so what do you do.

• March 25, 2014 at 22:32

I'm just numb to it all now, we are where we should be though & make no mistake. We can bemoan bad refs/luck/management etc but the truth is we've been the worst team in this division this year & we haven't even shown the guts to battle in the 'big games' we've played. Even Yeovil are showing signs of life whilst we suffer a Groundhog Day performance every time the lions (sic) take the field. Here's the script, we attack for the first 10mins, opponents score against the run of play with their 1st shot, then there's a dodgy penalty that goes against us......, you know the rest. Somehow this millwall team (they don't deserve a capital M!) have managed to extinguish my passion for football. That's a feat that not even Jimmy Nichols team achieved!

• March 25, 2014 at 22:50

I went to my first game atht eold Den in 1955 ... and for the first time I feel the same way as you.....and I've been through some dire times with this club. But something is so worng at the heart of the club that it looks unfixable. Maybe a new owner, board, manager and team is needed. But who would want to take over Millwall?
      @MickyMillwall:

• March 25, 2014 at 22:32

I have been to a few games lately....could not stay till the end tonight...too painful.
    the performances are so bad now that I have gone numb with it ...I think it is a self preservation thing.

Resigned to relegation now can not see a way out of it. What gets me more than anything at the moment is some of the posts on here.
    Now I am not one who could grace a sofa alongside Shearer and Hansen, but there are people on this site who keep on banging on about being almost happy with the situation because they deem that we are playing some terrific football under the holloway revoloution....please explain yourselves to me. If you are trying to elevate yourselves above the masses, and make out you are some kind of insightful tactical and theoretical afficianado...you are deluded. Lomas was more successful than Holloway, Holloway was bought in to keep us up, he had the trip to portugal and has bought in his own players. The truth must out he is way out of his depth, he can not hide behind the excuse of 'the dross he inherited' anymore. We are worse off with hin=m than we were with lomas. I wanted warnock in for six months, if we did not stay up we could have re-grouped...now we are stuck with holloway....the afficianados are further deluded if they think we will bounce straight back....another relegation would be more realistic

• March 25, 2014 at 22:44

@tonytowneronthewing: Apart from the Warnock bit I couldn't agree more. I watch Claridge on The Football League Show every week and you can see him biting his lip every time Manish mentions our predicament. This is somebody who REALLY gives a sh*t about our club and would he have done any worse if we had stuck to our usual remit of giving younger or unfashionable and unproven Managers a chance? The bloke wasn't even afforded an interview because the 'people's choice' was in the bag.

• March 25, 2014 at 22:42

I like Holloway, he's came into a squad that's been f***** by Lomas ... When he took over we was still flirting with relegation. I don't think it's his fault at all! I still have hope! I love my Millwall and really hope we stay up! COYL!!!!!!!!!!!

• March 25, 2014 at 22:52

@MillwallLad123:

You don't think changing the formation tonight was his fault either then?

And I bet some people still clapped the no mark wages thieves off at full time . . JB will have it on his toes after this season

• March 26, 2014 at 01:30

@Fingers: finger's every one know's changing to a stupid formation was lomas's fault.im not having a pop at you but millwalllad is talking crap IH has had time to turn things aroud,but now a miricle is needed.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:07

@MillwallLad123:
      Lomas may have flirted with relegation...holloway has done her up the rear with no lubricant

• March 25, 2014 at 23:31

@MillwallLad123: You're havin a laugh. This mess is Holloway's doing. He's had time and backing to rectify any previous misdeeds. His record is s*** but because he's a personality (or gobby c***), people think he's good (read his stats!), bit like Twitchy (Harold Redknapp). He is the wost and the highest paid Millwall manager in history - FACT

• March 25, 2014 at 23:55

@MillwallLad123: The most succinct response to your post - b******* - Holloway is clueless!!!!!!!

• March 26, 2014 at 01:25

@MillwallLad123: IH has had enough funds and time to sort the team out,but you still want to blame lomas,how about putting some of the blame on jacket for some of the rubbish player's on long contract's he left us with,oh sorry i forgot KJ is a millwall legend he took us to wembley 3 times,but that don't take away the fact ,not only did he leave us in the sh** he left us with a load of sh** player's,but then it's all lomas's fault,you talk rubbish mate

• March 26, 2014 at 10:40

HOW THE F*** CAN YOU BLAME KJ YOU MUG, THE BLAME LIES WITH THE IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT IN LOMAS & IH............

• March 25, 2014 at 22:43

Is Holloway a Russell Crow addict.

"Unleash hell." Gladiator.

"Birmingham are the lesser of two Weevils." Master and Commander.

"I feel like I'm two bald men fighting over a comb." Romper Stomper.

Sadly, Holloway is now beyond a joke

• March 25, 2014 at 22:44

What a load of crap.. I won't make any erratic changes after reading he said !!! Doing it every week the clown ..He is setting us up to get beat every week or go a goal down !! Half the team doesn't give a t*** . All getting paid at the end of the week . Chairman should stop paying them .. Shower of wasters !! IH put Woolford back in left back.. Why bessone on beach for then ?? There is a better squad of players in the stands !! At least we would give 110% each week !! I'd play for free .. McDonald 16 g a week , bailey on holiday aswell ... Lions they say , playing like cubs!! Rant over for know !!!

• March 25, 2014 at 22:48

Thats it I said when I heard that Hollway is the new manage that he's never saved a club from religation and it seems my words are now coming true

Two plus years of frustration not seen by the management has now cruelly dented my passion for this club and football in general

Well It's bye from me and I'm NOT buying next seasons season ticket

That is 58 years down the pan -- I'll still look at the results hopefully

• March 25, 2014 at 23:14

@aeojt: must have seen many s*** seasons in that time surely? Your choice and maybe your just venting but shame to give up.

Sleep on it.

• March 25, 2014 at 22:51

Fortunately I saw this on the cards months ago when people were getting excited about Holloway joining and talking about play offs. This has confirmed what I knew already. As I make my way home now I feel it's another wasted evening and wasted money to pay for those people who are allegedly footballers. Hopefully the close season will see a lot of those so called players exit and we can rebuild next season. We won't come straight back up, it'll take a few years and a few managers probably. That is as optimistic as I can be after the last two seasons. We're not even due a cup run now so can't even look forward to that either. Toothless bunch of *****.

• March 25, 2014 at 22:52

If Holloway had brought in a decent coaching team to support him then we may not have been in this mess, but Bircham and Bulpin seem to have brought nothing to the club.
    Cannot see anyway out of this now this season. Three at the back, when we have the weakest defence in the league ?

• March 25, 2014 at 23:00

@City of Lion: this is true - where are his assistants to rein him in with these ridiculous formations and players out of their positions - he has been reckless

• March 25, 2014 at 23:48

@timchimes: I've heard that Bircham is not very popular down The Den! Thought he was a very average player and run off with my mate's wife, so he can f*** off with Holloway.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:04

Face the inevitable, blood the kids.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:09

This club has been fighting relegation since we came up the first time, we are a league 1 team/championship at best.
    Under K.J we were s***, got worse with lomas and are paying the price under i.h.
    Total clear out needed.
    A lot of I.h signings were or have been good players but none we're fit enough and that's what's caused our downfall.
    Fresh start next season under I.h then judge him, there isn't anyone else out there who would want this job.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:14

@jdt1885: IH is the worst out of the lot and the worst thing to happen to Millwall since Peter Anderson!

• March 25, 2014 at 23:11

Absolutely soul destroying week after week. On his record Ollie is the worst Millwall manager in history and still some refuse to lay the blame at his door. I never wanted him, but was willing to give him every chance. The majority of the fans wanted him and the players seem to like him. He has proved all my fears to be justified: erratic team selection, poor acquisitions, tactically inept and on the PR front, even Max Clifford has more credibility ( Here's a question, if Max Clifford is so good at PR, why does everyone think he's a c***?). He will be here next season because we can't afford to sack him and who else would want him? We are better off without him. I want my Millwall back - f*** off ollie!

• March 25, 2014 at 23:13

Joke club..tonight's absolutely knocked the bollo cks out of me

• March 25, 2014 at 23:13

Would some one please explain what the f... All this finger playing backwards and forwards is all about surely these thick b******* can last for 90 mins without forgetting what their meant to be doing.
    Holloway please play the young players you have , we will need these next season and do not need to break them in at the start of the season we need to hit the ground running .Play them now and work out if any of the wage thiefs can stay and play alongside the youth.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:13

For the first time I really have to blame holloway tonight, he lost us this game.
    1) 3 at the back with dunne one of em was an absolute joke. We go a goal down and get an equaliser so what does he do ? Yep he changes it just as it looked like it may be proving a good decision, not only does he change it, he puts dunne at left back, then 2 mins later we go behind again.
    2) start of the 2nd half he changes it yet again this time beevers for dunne, he takes off Campbell and leaves on moro who was absolute dog s***, he has no interest in helping the team, all he does is p*** and moan.
    Looking at our squad, a lot of em are gone in the summer so nows the time to play only those that are staying along with the kids who signed pro terms cause the rest aren't interested.
    Simply not good enough.
    forde - average
    dunne - s***
    lowry - average
    robbo - s***
    woolford - s*** cause he was made to defend
    garvan - ok
    jimmy - ok
    fredericks - ok but plenty to learn
    mcdonald - good but plays too deep cause the rest around him aren't good enough
    moro - s*** miserable no good waster
    dj - average cause he was doing his and moros work
    subs
    beevers - average
    jackson - good
    hoff - ok.
    Should have had another pen but tbh the one we got was never a pen so it evened itself out.
    upson on the bench ?????????????? Why ?????????????????
    Good night from me
    see you all in league one.

• March 26, 2014 at 10:18

@lukesmithmfc: Sorry Luke but I just can't agree with you on some of your points.
      They only had three shots on goal and Forde never made a save - not one. To me, he looked at times like he couldn't be bothered. I know the defence in front of him was poor to say the least but blimey he could have made a bit of an effort especially as he is 'showcasing' himself so that he can be off at the end of the season.
      Really do not agree about Morro. He was obviously playing to orders and thought he run his heart out last night. He looked knackered at the end.
      Not sure where you sit - I'm Block 15, Dockers - but not seeing what you are seeing. Anyway, I've renewed my season ticket for yet another year regardless of who we'll be playing.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:17

This situation has been two season in the making, once we did not gamble on Wood, Jackett knew the club had no ambition and his mind wandered.

It isn't necessarily J.B's fault, he has put plenty in but only to patch up a sinking ship but it seems the other directors are either skint or not interested.

We have to realistic that unless we get someone prepared to throw good money after bad we won't get far, look at QPR they have stuttered despite probably having a player budget five time ours but will probably get up via the play offs!,that said I would rather have Holloway than Redknapp.

There are of course deeper reasons, our tarnished image, the stadium surrounds and the redevelopment fiasco where any housing won't be populated by prospective Millwall fans, TfL and the railway stitching us up over the station , the demographics of the local population where kids are more likely to identify themselves with an player at Chelsea and buy a shirt of a team they will never see live
    The community scheme does its very best but the truth is our community has been scattered.

There is a way forward and that's to look to youth as that's when we have done best with a blend of experienced players who were committed to the cause.

It might be difficult at first but long term it's our only choice.

The thing is the pressures is off us now, we are effectively already in league 1 so let's start playing something worth watching until the end of the season.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:20

@wongo: I would rather Redknapp than Holloway, he would have kept us up.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:25

@Peckhamlad: Redknapp? Firstly he wouldn't come to Millwall and second, if he did, he'd f****** bankrupt us like he did AFCBournemouth, Southampton and Portsmouth - as he has QPR but for Fernandes continuing to ploughs in his limitless funds, they're £170Million in debt aren't they?

• March 25, 2014 at 23:35

@Peckhamlad: We'd have gone down and gone skint under Old Twitchy

• March 26, 2014 at 01:40

@wongo: I thought we offered wood and west brom the same as leicester ,but wood thought he had a better chance of premiership football leicester.

• March 26, 2014 at 13:21

@jim1222: looks like Wood may have had a point then.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:17

Holloway fooled a lot of people including myself for a while although I never wanted him as manager, he has never done anything exceptional, and walked away from two clubs.
    I want him out and out now because he is making the club I have supported for 40 years a laughing stock, even Wisey never did that.
    All this cobblers about playing good football has bought us to the bottom. We have one useless bunch of clowns called the board, a useless team and a useless manager.
    I hope Holloway has the decency to resign before Saturday, and take his lousy coaches with him.

Get real please, he has no idea.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:18

Words fail me...What can you say.. Birmingham's first three shots they scored each time. In a game of this importance IH plays 3 at the back, surely in a game like this the first job is not to concede. Then look at the two subs at half time, what was he thinking? Forget all the stuff that comes out of his mouth, Oh yes he tells it the way it is etc etc, but as proven before, IH can not take pressure, he falls apart and makes ridiculous decisions. We are in a far worse position than when he arrived, he was given money to bring in players. Nothing. He just can not get the players we have playing together and can not get the forwards to find the net. We are going down, now spend the rest of the season blooding the youngsters for next season. I feel totally let down by everyone at the club, only one or two players deserve to wear the shirt of our proud club.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:22

Just back in from the (mis) match, I've been as positive as I can be up till now but that crock of s*** tonight has defo sealed our fate and put us into (not out of) our misery. 2-3 flattered us, we we're complete b*****. All I f****** needed when I got home was the wife asking "good game?" Won't print my response but suffice to say I'm on the f****** sofa again tonight, the end of a typical day in the life of a lions fan.........

• March 25, 2014 at 23:40

@T20ColdBlowLion:
      I'm not having a dig, but how on earth can you say the score flattered us? Yes, they did their job on us to perfection, BUT they were p*** poor and had no plan B and in all honesty I cannot believe they managed to score 3 goals because in fairness at least we had chances and if we had a better defence, we would have got at least a point. That c*** zigic needs shooting.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:29

Millwall 1/7 on for relegation. Grim.

• March 25, 2014 at 23:37

F*** OFF OLLIE AND TAKE BIRCHAM WITH YOU!

• March 25, 2014 at 23:38

just back , allthough i was resigned to div 1 ages ago , and the table dont lie there is at least 7 or so so teams that would struggle in this years div 1 , since IH HAS COME IN APART FROM IPSWICH AND FIRST HALF OF SW , CAN ANY OF US TRULY SAY HE HAS MADE US ANY BETTER, WHEN DJ IS PLAYING WE ARE 10 MEN , NO WIDTH , NO MIDFIELD , TO MANY CHANGES EVERY WEEK , I THINK HE WILL WALK THE SAME OLD CHESNUT AS PALARCE , HE HAS BLOWN SO MUCH MONEY ON OVERRATED CHARLIES , WHY JB DIDNT U STICK WITH HARRIS , IF WE WENT DOWN SO WHAT , HE IS THE FUTURE , DID ANY ONE SEE MORRO TELLING OLLIE WHEN BRUM HAD SCORED THERE SECOND THE PLAYERS DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE PLAYING FROM ONE WEEK TILL THE NEXT , HE HAS FAILED FULL STOP .

• March 25, 2014 at 23:39

IH has no idea who his best players are (incredible given how few we have) After Dunne's display against Charlton I thought there as no way he could possibly play for us again- anyone else, a kids bessone, fredricks anyone but dunne , but off we go again - this time in a back 3 when he can't even manage in a back 4 - it just won't do - clueless - why should it get better in dv one?

• March 26, 2014 at 00:05

ok just fu-king got home after watching that. we started ok but as usual we dont take advantage and get stung with there first shot that forde let slip through his hands ffs.again we get back in it and looked dangerous but we seem to go to sleep for the 2nd goal although there did seem to be a push, then the strange decision to to drop woolford to left back was a disaster left for dead. we did battle for the last 15 mins and how garvan missed that header i dont know. so we are bottom but i think we have to look at next sesson and league 1 bleed the youngsters and just get rid of the loan players now the kids will at least give us energy and passion

• March 26, 2014 at 00:14

If football stadiums represent theatres of dreams ours is the home of the Pantomime. Holloway and all his back room staff are like the panto horse. Him talking crap and them with their heads up his anus

• March 26, 2014 at 00:29

@markbrowns: We became the Big Top when they sent in the clown.

• March 26, 2014 at 00:27

Players and IH locked in the dressing room for nearly2 hours. Lets hope they are all giving themselves a kick in the fu..ing bo...cks.
    Utter sh...t tonight. Birmingham was awfull really.
    If we cant beat these then thats it.
    Bet IH still thinks we are gona stay up.
    Think ill have one of his jamaican woodbines he keeps smoking.
    All players out of position. The only position id give them is a p45!!!!
    Proper gutted tonight

• March 26, 2014 at 00:35

I have not commented in a month, because I have been shocked Dunne has been put in the team. Then u add to the equation Beevers too, and you are asking for problems. They can't read a game, if they were watching the highlights. Dumb and Dumber spring to mind. I don't blame Holloway, we have been playing 'hoof' ball for years and years, and lets face it, it has caught up with us finally.

The players have no idea what they are doing, where they are supposed to be playing, and due to injuries- the selection is continually changing. This season has probably been the worse organised I have ever seen. I am so sad. A lot of players will move on, but us supporters won't. We'll end up watching Holloway trying to teach the basics to a new team. I just wish he was teaching them in Div 2 not div 3. Its not over yet, but I really can't take much more. When you drive past the training ground with all range rovers/mercedes there, and theres me struggling to pay petrol- i feel ill inside. Dumb players on fortunes, whilst I'm sweating my ass off earning a pittance.

• March 26, 2014 at 00:42

@Alexdangelo: you couldnt be more closer to the truth. Its bloody painfill

• March 26, 2014 at 00:40

Enough to make you weep: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/21/kenny-jackett-reversed-wolves-releagation-run

• March 26, 2014 at 01:50

@lion.ie: Lion jacket fu**** off and left us with a load of rubbish,what ever he might have done for millwall in the past was wiped when he ran out on us.

• March 26, 2014 at 07:39

@jim1222: Jim, As I said in a previous post, he left us with what he could afford to cobble together. Go back and look at the squads that he kept in this division, it's mind blowing. 100% certain that if Jackett had of stayed and been backed we would be mid-table or better right now. If the fans can't read the above and see what he has done for Wolves in less than one season without feeling any tinge of 'what might have been' then they deserve 'the people's choice' Holloway and all the nonsense that comes with him. He'll get my backing in August, I have no other choice as I only want to see the club do well but like a lot of fans I fear we are entering a dark period in our history.

• March 26, 2014 at 01:11

Just home from the den via the pub..feeling very sad ..cos again this was ours. For the taking...cant fort the fight the team put up...100%....i'am sorry i cant finish the post ...millwall 4 ever

• March 26, 2014 at 01:28

I think getting relegated is for the best sounds stupid but think it will help in the long run this squad is not cut out for championship simple as that last season we struggled and this season has been even worse if we go down holloway can get rid of all the sht and give back the sht we signed on loan start fresh and build a new team with young millwall talent like Fred for example a lot of ppl are slagging holloway off but he is a good manager no doubt about it he has made some stupid decisions that may have cost us games but I think his been brave at the same time being millwall manager ain't an easy job especially with the crap out on the field this season and the players sitting on the bench collecting a wage without a care in the world I feel sorry for the bloke it's the players everyone should be screaming at there they ones really letting us down !!!

• March 26, 2014 at 01:50

Dan i dont know wot planet you came from saying the best thing is to get relagated ..you have p***** of every mfc fan in this country...anybody who agrees with this moron should be hung

• March 26, 2014 at 02:17

@Jim28: @Jim28: Jim I've seen the rubbish you write on this site week in week out I don't know how old you are but think u need to grow up a bit u sound a quite pathetic I do think going down and starting fresh would be best for the club I'm allowed my opinion without some idiot making silly comments u prob spend more time on this site than u do at the Games so ur opinion means nothing

• March 26, 2014 at 07:27

I've been going for 45 years ...when i say going i mean week in week out..no matter wot division we may be in..we stand a muci better chance attracting class players if we are in the championship..rather then crap in div 1...some rebuilding that is.....

• March 26, 2014 at 01:55

@MFC DAN90: I said the player,s were at fault under lomas ,but all i got was abuse,when lomas changed the team he got abuse.
      What is so special about IH that when he is making worse decision's and performing worse than lomas ,you think he is ok

• March 26, 2014 at 02:55

@MFC DAN90: Going down is never a good thing- but after tonights results, it's looking inevitable.. so, as we do seem to be going down, you're right- at least this kind of forces the issue of blooding the youngsters. We still have a few experienced players in contract with us for another season and most of the loan players will p*ss off - so in theory, it should sort itself in a way.

IH did make some bad decisions tonight in subs (went off the rails a tad!) - however, I didn't think his starting line up was too outrageous- his formations aren't set in stone- they're supposed to be fluid, with players covering each others positions i.e. Frederiks in midfield, but should drop back if needed, Jimmy in midfield, drop back if needed.....
      IH isn't solely to blame for how things have gone for us. We were all over those brummie p*****- we created a lot of opportunities - but once again, not clinical enough to finish... you can't blame the man for that. We also had nearly half of the squad out injured, plus Williams on a ban.... ridiculous.

For sure, tonight just wasn't f**king good enough - but the position we find ourselves in now, IMHO, is just the end result of a catalogue of errors made from ALL parts of the club - plus a hell of a lot of bad luck on the pitch - all examples of which, were on display tonight.... f**k, I'm depressed.

• March 26, 2014 at 01:47

I was at the game, in line with Forde for the first goal.... Just seen it again on sky sport weak weak weak hands he had both hands on that let a weak shot slip through.... Second goal he should of been on the edge of six yard to collect that easy peasy.... Third i can fault Fordey but why was Woolford left back??

MacDonald played quite well sitting behind the front two and seemed to play a couple of them through balls that Jackson ran on two and created our first out of nothing.... As for Garvan missing that header??? What a joke..... Jimmy A put in a shift.... Forde Robbo Beavers Lowry Dunne Fredricks Campbell Garvan all s***!!!! Morro the Hoff and Jackson where ok and Woolford was way out of position not his fault..... Wheres Martin is he injured??

Even my 6 year old said "Dad they are not moving they need to pass and move"
    (he was at the game because his teachers are on strike tomorrow)

Sod it League 1 next season its about that time again as expected

• March 26, 2014 at 02:15

@JONO:dont know wot goes in that tiny mind of olly...ffs your boy clocked it & he dont get payed...i said put jimbo at lb i s*** you not he would have done a good job....fort the 1st was down to the mick..disagree on the 3rd

• March 26, 2014 at 02:28

@Jim28: the third i typed can instead of cant haha.... no cant blame forde on the third i agree

• March 26, 2014 at 01:57

why is he not playing besson at left back after all IH brought him to millwall.
    Is he injured?

• March 26, 2014 at 02:05

I don't really know how to sum up tonight as it was another defeat in a long list but what I do know is it isn't Olli's fault. He inherited a very poor overpaid squad of unfit players who where speeding towards league 1 at record speed conceding 4 or 5 goals a game. You can see the fitness levels have improved and he has made a few of the players who where really poor under Lomas ( Shittu being a prime example ) into better players. He has strikers who are proven goal scorers that for some reason just can't find the net if you drew them a map and moved the other team out of the way! We are not conceding anywhere near as many goals as we did and he has a lot of injuries. Also we are making more than enough chances to win these games we're losing it's just not happening up front. He took over a sinking ship and I for one fully support him to be the man to rebuild the team and take us to better things even if it means dropping down a division ( as much as I hate the idea of league 1 football next season ). What can he do about a player missing an open goal tonight and also the ref not giving that blatant handball just after half time ( also the pen he gave us the foul happened about 5 yards outside the area as well so he was poor! ) I don't know. The players he has signed for the future such as Williams and Upson are very good and if he can get more like that then I think we will come back stronger than ever.

Also would like to credit the fans that made it tonight for the noise they made. It was the proper fans there tonight and no offence to the fans that can't make it for work reasons or long travel but it's so much better without the once a season guys and just the proper fans there that will be there no matter what. Come on you Lions I love you like a family!

• March 26, 2014 at 03:26

@Barnylion: Love you too honeypie! And agree entirely. MIIIIILLLLLLL.

• March 26, 2014 at 07:39

Let's face it lads we are down its been on the card's for some time now we only just got away with it last season .We can't blame IH it's not his team he said he will stay if we go down and I think he will have a good clear out and get us back up next season. I just hope charlton go down as well

• March 26, 2014 at 08:57

@">tonytowneronthewing we don't need idiots like you your either moaning about the team or holloway or the proper supporters go back to west ham you p****

• March 26, 2014 at 09:23

@block 28:

I have sunk new depths to be called an idiot by someone as learned as yourself....but I am puzzled by your assumption of a west ham connection....please elaborate....and what constitutes aproper supporter....what hotel did you stay in in Budapest

• March 26, 2014 at 12:30

@tonytowneronthewing it's your total hatred towards millwall & it's fans & you called me an annarak last week. Which is unacceptable in my book & I arrived on the day of the game coz someone had nicked all the rooms.

• March 26, 2014 at 20:41

@JONO:

you are very sensitive block and i would hate to think i have hurt your feelings...it was actually a typo on my behalf....I was actually referring to the chap who had pulled you up on your typo I thought it was a bit geeky of him, by the time i had realised my mistake you had responded with a hostility afforded you by the anonymity of the internet and i just could not be bothered...sorry you have carried that all week....on top of all your other obvious problems....

• March 26, 2014 at 20:44

@tonytowneronthewing:

sorry jono i was referring to barny see his post above, you will know what i mean...i keep replying to the wrong people .....computer skills not my best

• March 26, 2014 at 09:19

@Barnylion:

Holloway has come in when we still had a good chance of staying up. He has done things his way entirely, trip to portugal an all. He has bought in his choivce of experienced premiership players jackson, campbell, garvan...instead of arresting our slide he has raced us towards relegation. I can not see the reasoning of those who claim we are in abetter position with him, and that we are playing better football...its like the emperors new clothes. If anyone thinks we are in a better position now than under Lomas they are saying things I can't. Statistics tell you that holloways arrival has had a detremental effect, so if he had time to make things worse, he also had time to make things better. people say he has the players fitter...that just means we have chickens running around with their heads a bit quicker for longer.
      I have never called for a managers head, except jokingly when John Docherty's promotionn winning team gave away a corner on the last day of the season against blackburn.....my view now is that Holloway should go the board have to be brave enough to realise they have made a big mistake...if he could not save us with all the resources he had how can people expect him torebuild the club with a couple of promising youngsters....if he stays we will finish nearer relegation than promotion again next year....regardless of what division we are in

• March 26, 2014 at 11:35

@tonytowneronthewing: I think it's easy to put all the blame into nice tidy package (IH)... but unfortunately it's just not that simple. What I feel gets a bit muddled on this site by many - is the difference between results, and what actually happens on the pitch. Sure IH is PARTLY to blame- he's the manager! - I felt IH's subs were strange and didn't help lastnight. But in general- we have actually been playing better football under IH. He sets the team up to go for the win- and what d'ya know - we get into striking positions- time and time again.... The phrase - 'you can lead a horse to water - but you can't make him drink it' comes to mind... what more can he do other than putting his boots on and finishing the goals himself!

Apart from Barnsley and Reading and probably Yeovil, if I'm honest - every other game, including lastnight- I've left the ground/s thinking "how the f**k haven't we won that?! - We were by far the better team - showed more fight - created more chances etc."
        Under Lomas, it looked like there was NO game plan- plus, everybody was unfit.... we would've been in this position a lot sooner if he was still here. But again, Lomas was not the sole reason for lost results- he too had his fair share of bad luck- injuries/ref decisions etc...

And while I'm on the subject of ref decisions and injuries - surely that needs to be factored into our demise. Getting sick of repeating it.... Blatant f**king handball and pen at a crucial time, would've been 2-2, different game.
        How many players out lastnight??....10? 3 or 4 of em being his preferred choices...?

Same story ALL season. Roughly 15pts lost because of refs I'd say... (not counting the following wins you'd get from the confidence of winning or drawing those games) - and GROUPS of players out at a time .... ANY manager would have trouble. Give him a chance next season.

• March 26, 2014 at 19:06

@Luke ColdBlow10:
          respect you right to your view luke, and unlike some you present cohesive debate, we will have to agree to disagree, I never saw a time last night when brum were anything other than comfortable...they tore us apart at will in the first half down the left....the second half cure Woolford to left back...we got an own goal and a pen apart from that were brum really troubled where it hurt. The players take the ethos of the manager onto the pitch the kindest word I could attach to that is disshevelled. we really are startled rabbitts in the headlights when it comes to the last third...I do not think Holloway is the man to rebuild our club, if you asked me to stake my last pound on wether we will get promoted or relegated next season, from what i have seen of Holloway so far I would put my pound on relegation. i am a believer in the captain steering the ship and ultimatly jb needs to be bought to account....he sets the tone for the club....goddard is still our record signing....do the maths

• March 26, 2014 at 06:50

S*** result and disappointed, I really thought we,d have a big shot at that one. Hav any of you an opinion about what players you would keep to build a new group incorporating some of the younger blokes coming through. I'd be really interested in ya thoughts. " millwall"

• March 26, 2014 at 06:51

KJ saw the light...Lomas came in to keep it flickering..and IH has turned the light out...all thos people who turn up week on week to witness the crap is unreal...somebody should aplogise

• March 26, 2014 at 07:24

1/7 now for relegation so if anyone wants to make a quick, guaranteed 14% then jump all over it. This sinking ship has sunk and even Dido's surrendered.

• March 26, 2014 at 17:06

@harryfabian: some layers are going 1/6 relegation, which represents a 16% return. You can't get that at the building society. If your bet loses, we stay up so talk about a win/win situation.

• March 26, 2014 at 07:36

Just proves we need shittu, it's clearly not the strikers now coz they've got 3 in 2 games. I love Robinson to bits but he has played s*** he has lost we desperately need shittu

• March 26, 2014 at 08:46

@harry cook:
      HOW RIGHT YOU ARE harry cook : SHITTU HAS KEPT THE GOALS OUT WITH FORDE,
      SAD TO SAY, BUT WITH SHITTU INTO HIS THIRTIES, [ AND PICKING UP STRAINS, ETC, ETC, ]
      WE NEED SOME YOUNG - BLOOD, ..........................
      WHATEVER HAPPENS IN THE NEXT FEW GAMES, IF WE GIVE THE YOUNGSTERS A CHANCE,
      AT LEAST WE HAVE DONE SOMETHING !!!!!
      [ SEEMS A LONG TIME AGO " WOLLIE " , TOOK THEM TO PORTUGAL TO GET SUPER - FIT ]
      WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH THAT WAS !!!!!
      " NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE "
      STORMIN' NORMAN..................................WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND FOUND IT WAS NOT JUST A NIGHTMARE,
      THAT TEAM PLAYED LIKE THAT !

• March 26, 2014 at 08:22

There's no way back now, worse Millwall side I have seen in nearly forty years for attitude and desire anyway. Most people seem to think that we will win more matches in League One, I'm sorry to say that I am not so sure think we could be heading for another relegation fight next season. A lot of rebuilding is required before things can get better.

• March 26, 2014 at 08:54

If you go to a restaurant that keeps serving up crap food what do you do? Stop going or demand the owner changes the chef? In my mind we have had two rubbish chefs turn out crap all season, you don't blame the ingredients you blame the cook who chooses them. So its obvious that Holloway has no idea, he has to go an I am not going bak to the den until he has either resigned or been sacked.
    Holloway out!

• March 26, 2014 at 09:40

@harry2310: @Peckhamlad: IH says we have to win matches to stay up...f*** me how can we win more than we have all season...he is a joker beyond anything i have seen not on telly...playing with JBs money is not funny

• March 26, 2014 at 08:56

Lomas - first 13 games
    Won = 3, Draw = 3, Lost = 7 - Points total = 12 Scored 15 / Let in 27

Holloway - first 13 games
    Won = 2, Draw =4, Lost = 7 - points total = 10 Scored 9 / Let in 17

Based on league matches only, Holloway first game = Ipswich match

To me our demise started sometime around December 2013. We had reached an elevated position, thanks to some goals from Chris Wood , which maybe would not have continued and then reverted to being what we generally have been - an average side. Sometimes you can't place your finger on the hows and why's clubs go on a slide, it happens. look at the likes of Leeds, Wolves, Portsmouth, Bristol City, Sheff Utd ... It can take a time to reverse the slide, it clearly will with Millwall. How long is the question. Lomas made some decent signings, Morrison, Chaplow, McDonald, Bailey proven players with good records adding experience which was sorely needed but for various reasons it did not work. Holloway's signings, at currect time, even more so. The current tactics/style of play/positioning of players will surely not halt the slide. i think we need to prepare for a few seasons in League 1 before we are ready to hold a place in the Championship again. But, miracles do happen, don't they ?

• March 26, 2014 at 08:57

@ketchup:

To me our demise started sometime around December 2013. - SHOULD HAVE SAID DECEMBER 2012

• March 26, 2014 at 09:24

I've tried to be positive since Leeds. I've been deluding myself.
    If last night's formation, players and tactics are the yardstick by which the rest of the games will be approached, then I think we've already reached our maximum points total.
    Been coming for a while. Makes me want to cry.

• March 26, 2014 at 09:36

One thing i can say, long gone are the days of frampton, alexander, purse, harris... REAL MILLWALL, BLED BLUE BLOOD, MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN THE BEST PLAYERS BUT WOULD ALWAYS GIVE 110% NO MATTER WHAT! FIGHT UNTIL THE DEATH AND NEVER GIVE UP NO MATTER HOW BAD THINGS WERE. YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WOULD GET WITH THOSE, EFFORT, PASSION, DETERMINATION, DESIRE AND NEVER SURRENDER ATTITUDE. WE ARE SEVERLEY LACKING THOSE TYPE OF PEOPLE BAR DUNNE AND ROBBO (AGAIN NOT THE BEST PLAYERS BUT WILL ALWAYS GIVE YOU 110%) THE OTHER OUT THERE LAST NIGHT LOOK LIKE THEY DON'T GIVE A S**T. THIS ISIN'T THE MILLWALL I KNOW THIS SEASON. BRING THE YOUTH THROUGH AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT COMMITMENT AND PASSION LOOKS LIKE!
    SEND ALL THE WAGE THIEFS BACK TO THEIR PARENT CLUBS, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT MFC, IT'S JUST A JOB TO THEM - IT'S A LIFESTYLE FOR US...

BRING PLAYERS IN WHO WANT TO DIE FOR MILLWALL AND US FANS, ALL LOOKED LIKE INDIVIDUALS LAST NIGHT NOT A TEAM. NO BATTLE OR DESIRE BAR ABDOU, ROBBO, FORDE... REAL WALL

WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AN AVERAGE TEAM IN THIS DIVISION BUT WE CAN TAKE THAT AS LONG AS THE PLAYERS SHOW THE SAME FIGHT AND PASSION AS US FANS. BIG OVERHALL NEEDED AT THE END OF THE SEASON, IT WILL SHOW WHO REALLY HAS THE BOTTLE AND COMMITMENT TO STAY AND FIGHT, RESTORE SOME PRIDE BACK INTO MY BELOVED CLUB

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• March 26, 2014 at 09:51

It's very quiet on the managers excuse front today. Is something brewing?

• March 26, 2014 at 10:01

@markbrowns: He's not going to quit nor is JB going to push him out. No doubt Warnock is circling around like a shark smelling blood but we're stuck with what we've got.

• March 26, 2014 at 11:09

@markbrowns: Reading official site, IH says we are not done yet, need to win 5 out of our last 8 games. Liked the way we kept going last night, shame some of the players didn't keep going straight out of the ground and forgot to come back. I love the bit about the first goal, he said he could see 4 things wrong with it, that does not happen in training. No thats because the defence in training is playing against attackers who are just as useless. I feel bad enough about what is happening to my beloved club, without IH carrying on talking s**t. Just shut up.

• March 26, 2014 at 09:58

Be interesting how many turn up 1st game next season verses Walsall ????
    Hope Holloway has gone by then,he is a Clown.

• March 26, 2014 at 10:24

We are where we belong to be, a relegation and regroup is probably the only feasible way we can recover from the rot that has set in. I like Ollie and would keep him, BUT he does have to take responsibility for trying to persist with tactics that his squad are incapable of carrying out. This is not all his fault but he has shown inflexibility to adapt to the players at his disposal. Having said that, Jesus Christ would struggle to motivate the current bunch of wasters to win a bloody game!

• March 26, 2014 at 10:44

Right so people on here would rather we had got warnock maybe luckily stayed up then been in the same s*** next season? every team has a bad spell its football... our squad is AWFUL holloway has at least tried to get us playing some decent football so when we go down at least we have a set in manager for pre season... but hey if you want to suffer short term pointless managers just pickig up a easy pay check thats your choice..

• March 26, 2014 at 11:08

@SLloyd23:

what games were you at when you saw the decent football......worst i have seen in 35 years.....a lot of the teams i have watched over the 35 years have been poor holloways is poor with no fight or passion

What are you seeing...fluid passing movements, intelligent running off the ball....cultured carrying the ball out of defence....exciting wingers getting to the bye line....mazy deibbling and one twos on the edge of the box.....when did you see all this

• March 26, 2014 at 11:24

@tonytowneronthewing: Last time I saw really good football was at the old den when we had Sheringham and Cascarino in the side, even Mick Mcarthy did a lot better than the clown we got now. WE need a low key thoughtful manager, we do not need a "name" I would even settle for Clarridge at least he has Millwall in his heart.

• March 26, 2014 at 11:21

Dear MR Holowhead If you drank in my local , I would like you and think you were a funny fella. When it comes to running our beloved football club, im sorry mate you don't seem to be up to it . I was all for your appointment as most of us agreed you would keep us up.YOU HAVE FAILED! So get back to basics . Stop pretending you are Pep guaderwosname .From Bayern. JUST PLAY THE LADS IN THE RIGHT POSITIONS FFS! I LIKE YOU OLLIE BUT YOU ARE STARTING TO WIND ME UP ! SHUT UP FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON AND WORK ON MAKING A FOOTBALL TEAM THAT RESEMBLES A WALL SIDE ! MILLWALL TILL I DIE !

• March 26, 2014 at 12:38

I always like to be positive but last night after walking out that ground I really could not of felt any worse.
    I thought that Holloway was building something decent,he may well still do but I dont actually believe it anymore.
    On a night where we had to win I wanted to know where Upson and Fred were.
    I love Jimmy but this wasn't the night for him to start. Jimmy can come on if you need to protect a lead or you need a draw. That wasn't the case last night.
    3 at the back was a shocking decision.
    Playing Woolford at left back for the second half,you have got to be joking. He got torn to pieces and it wasn't his fault although he was so frustrating to watch in the first half when he wanted too many touches.
    DJ Campbell was useless and never once read any of Morison's flick on's.
    In fairness no one really performed.
    What on earth happened to that fighting spirit and team ethic that saw us beat Ipswich.
    I personally wonder if the wage difference with a lot of these players is also a factor especially when some are getting 10 grand a week more than others and are still s*** and not earning it. I think there is probably quite a bit of resentment in the squad as a whole hence the lack of team spirit.
    I was happy with the appointment of Holloway so I will stick with the board on this one. I have a sneaky feeling that he will walk.
    Sorry if I p***** any of you off with my keep the faith posts but I did genuinely believe that we could avoid the drop and that there were signs of a positive rebuild but as I say I no longer believe it,.
    The only thing that I was proud of last night was my 18 year old son who has been going since the age of 3 stayed with me until the end when we had our chance of a lift home with 10 minutes to go which we declined and then had a 40 minute walk home.
    Nice one son. If only our team had some of your commitment.
    P.S. I owe most of you a drink.

• March 26, 2014 at 18:14

@wall2wall: Nice post, don't worry about the drink it will take something a damn site more powerful to make me feel better and forget this bloody shambles.

• March 27, 2014 at 10:26

@Sealion:
        Cheers Sealion,
        I know what you mean. I just want this disaster of a season to be over and start again from scratch.

• March 26, 2014 at 22:36

Ollie you are a joke, the teams make no sense the tactics are childish , we are a pathetic shambles of a side and definitely the worst side in this division. We deserve to go down.

Would we have done worse with Lomas , no body knows but how could he have done worse than bottom. This manager has been a real disappointment. If he's not having a mental breakdown with us ,I just don't understand how he has had success in the past. I thought he'd be ok now I just want to punch his lights out.