Millwall boss: I will unleash wrath of hell on Birmingham

© Actionplus
© Actionplus

IAN Holloway is planning an all-out assault on Birmingham this evening – and is calling on Millwall fans to roar his side to a vital victory.

The Lions boss admits his relegation-threatened side will soon be drinking in the last-chance saloon if they do not claim a positive result against the Blues at The Den.

And so Holloway, whose side have scored seven goals in his 13 games in charge, will throw caution to the wind with his team selection and tactics as he goes in search of a win.

But he believes that it is absolutely crucial that the home fans get right behind his troops – and intimidate Lee Clarke's visitors – by generating an old-fashioned Millwall atmosphere.

Speaking ahead of the game, Ollie said: "Let's make it an absolute fortress at home. We are in a race and the race isn't over until we reach the finishing line.

"We need our fans to sing like they've never sung before to help my team be brave enough to get us over that line and get the points we need.

"It is a siege mentality now. I am going to have to look at our structure, get it forward and put their back four under pressure as much as we can and make a difference.

"I need our fans to make the young Birmingham team we are going to be playing frightened to death – I don't mean physically, I just mean mentally.

"I want them quaking in their boots and I am going to unleash a wrath of hell on them – fire and brimstone.

"What I mean by that is the ball is going to be towards their back line all of the time, we are going to be pushed up behind it, we're going to get it in the box and try to score some goals.

"With a win, everything will change around.

"I'm going to have to look at how we finished that game the other day and we might have to start like that. We need to be together as one.

"I'm starting to get this now – this situation isn't right. When you don't get what you want in life, do you sit and cry? Or do you get fired up and do something about it?

"That's the time now, we're all together and everybody who wears a Millwall badge tonight is fighting for the same cause.

"I don't care what the score is or how the game goes, we need to fight until the final whistle.

"I want their team to be so petrified because the roar of our crowd is so loud, louder than it has ever been before. That's Millwall and we need that right now.

"I do not care how the rest of the season has gone, it's about now. Let's wipe the blackboard clear. We need a lot more points to stay up and we need something from this game.

"I want Birmingham to know that we are after them. I need the fans to be with us and for their players to be frightened, not my own players.

"If anything goes wrong, I do not want anyone moaned at or jeered, I want the referee and the opposition to be put under pressure by our crowd."

30 thoughts on “Millwall boss: I will unleash wrath of hell on Birmingham

• March 25, 2014 at 11:57

No one moaned at or jeered if things go wrong.
    Good luck with that one.

• March 25, 2014 at 11:59

I'm with you Ollie, you get them boys fired up and we'll do our bit. This is a great and realistically our last opportunity.

• March 25, 2014 at 12:06

Could not put it better myself . NOW LETS GO DO IT ! Looking forward to tonight now.

• March 25, 2014 at 12:09

LETS F****** SMASH THESE C****!!!

• March 25, 2014 at 12:10

"I need our fans to make the young Birmingham team we are going to be playing frightened to death - I don't mean physically, I just mean mentally.

the minute we do try and get under the skin of the opponents we end up getting banned.

• March 25, 2014 at 12:11

Looking forward to tonight this could determine our season, all the other bottom teams are playing promotion chasers so its a massive night for Millwall, and I think its about time our strikers started giving something back to the fans - SCORING SOME GOALS!!!

• March 25, 2014 at 12:11

Strip the paint off the walls with ya pre match address Ollie, have the boys so gee,d up they come out with an axe! Blitz these poor b******* tonight and have em crying out for mummy.

• March 25, 2014 at 12:32

Oh dear! This has disaster written all over it. I'm all for being positive and taking the game to birmingham but is IH going to put out one of his infamous formations!?! We can't keep a clean sheet so putting out 3-4-2-1 or something similar is a big gamble...and we've seen in the past it hasn't worked with the current team. I may be wrong? I hope so?

• March 25, 2014 at 12:39

@ChrisT: I must say I agree with you on this one Chris, seems like he is throwing caution to the wind, dont know about the last chance saloon, I think he may already be drinking in there.

• March 25, 2014 at 14:11

@ChrisT: Something stronger for me please, as it could help get through tonight's line up, as after 13 games in charge he is now going to look at the team structure (well better late than never) .

He also dosent care what the score is as long as we figt to the end, I can agree with that expect the bit about the score, I am not too sure but I think a win may help the situation that we now find ourself in, and also a win this Saturday would also be welcome.

No mention of rasins today so maybe the big lad wont be able to save us afterall. Just get out there win the ball pas to one of your team matesand soon as you get near the sticks have a go" fortune favours the brave" if we do go down lets at least have a right go, 7 goals in 13 is just not good enough is it Ollie.

• March 25, 2014 at 12:34

I've always opposed the idea of the players giving the fans something to sing about, for once let's given the players something to play for, some Millwall pride! Back the team to the final whistle and make that c*** Lee Clark quake in his cheap suit! COYL

• March 25, 2014 at 12:37

I HAVE ALREADY POSTED WHAT I WANT THE TEAM TO DO. SO READ A PREVIOUS POST. ARE YOU LISTENING OLLIE ? NO ONE LIKES US, WE DONT CARE. STORMIN' NORMAN. PS.NOBODY NEEDS TO TELL MILLWALL FANS HOW TO CREATE EMMENSE NOISE.......... ( NOT EVEN YOU OLLIE! ) , LION FANS HAVE BEEN DOING THAT FOR YEARS......HOME & AWAY.

• March 25, 2014 at 13:09

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is MILLWALL when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

• March 25, 2014 at 13:14

@block 28: you haven't been watching pulp fiction..got to admit its better than olly's nonsense

• March 25, 2014 at 15:34

@block 28: since we are reciting scripture Laviticus 18:22 man shall not lay with another man as he lies with a woman

• March 25, 2014 at 16:02

@block 28: might go in the wimpy down the blue before the game because as we know the hamburger is the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast

• March 25, 2014 at 13:38

yeah well good luck with that. we ain't beat the c**** since 96! and we ain't gonna start tonight. im sorry but i have lost hope now, we're down and i think we all need to pull our f****** heads outta our arses. we have had MUCH better teams than this face the scum brummies and nearly always lost. that's just the cold hard facts!

• March 25, 2014 at 14:11

I don't know I am worried, we never had a manager who has been as frantic as this one, even when things were going bad. John Docherty, George Graham, even Wisey never ranted and raved they did manage to keep cool in a crisis and kept their emotions to themselves, this sort of stuff rubs off on the players, its composure and balance that will win us games and a good striker or two.

Calm down a bit and keep your heads.

• March 25, 2014 at 16:16

The thing is that we the crowd do our bit to make an atmosphere but its a two way thing.Its also up to the players to give us something to cheer and shout about. This season there hasn't been many times they have done that.

• March 25, 2014 at 16:37

'I will unleash wrath of hell on Birmingham...' errr okay Ollie, think you've watched Gladiator one to many times my son - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IPzpaD4UOE

Apparently the last time we beat this mob was at the Den was in 1996 (last century FFS), so we must be due a result against them soon!

• March 25, 2014 at 16:47

Ollie leave the unleashing of the wrath of he'll to us. I'm pretty sure we know wot we are doing in that department. You just worrie about the 11 on the pitch are doing wot they need to do & I'm sure things will be ok. No matter the score or division "MILLWALL THROUGH & THROUGH" COYL............

• March 25, 2014 at 17:16

Such an optimistic bunch as always..

• March 25, 2014 at 17:24

Why not show a bit of passion, a bit of fire in the belly. .many a time we've criticised manager for showing none at all.
    Make your minds up.
    COYL! !!!

• March 25, 2014 at 18:23

Tonight is the night when it all comes together we will score 3 or 4 & win comfortable while all the teams around us wont pick up a single point..Miiilllll C'mon u lions

• March 25, 2014 at 22:00

I must have turned up to a different game!

• March 25, 2014 at 22:02

All talk. No wonder Crippled alice wanted rid.

• March 26, 2014 at 18:25

I thought Hollowhales rant was cobblers the first time I read it, having suffered last night it reads even more stupid now.
    cab for Ollie.....