Trio of Millwall youngsters offered professional contracts

©
©

MILLWALL have offered professional contracts to a trio of academy prospects.

Defenders Sid Nelson and Keaton Wood, along with midfielder Ben Thompson, pictured, are expected to put pen to paper on senior terms with the Lions in due course.

Academy boss Scott Fitzgerald told the club's official site that he was thrilled to see a fresh crop of youngsters make the grade at the club.

But he added: "As I often say, these lads have only taken the first step on the ladder.

"They have plenty of hard work ahead of them and it's up to them to grab their opportunity with both hands."

16 thoughts on “Trio of Millwall youngsters offered professional contracts

• March 24, 2014 at 10:16

The way our injury list is growing they could well be playing Tuesday!

• March 24, 2014 at 10:18

Only positive to come out of this club in a long while.. Looking increasing likely we go down so if so would love to see the three of them along with Pavey and Fred to be given a more prominent role next season in League One if so. All started there with the 2001 team right? Ifill, Harris, Cahill, Reid, Sadlier? How about in the futue Wood, Nelson, Thompson, Pavey and Fed (We'll just call him that right?) 😉

Was at Leeds on the weekend and pains me that in the last 6 or 7 matches we have played so much better than when we had Lomas, just not clicking up top and I don't see that as Holloway's fault. Even if he has had the funds to bring in the HOFF, Jackson and Campbell. He needs a pre season to build his own team and I for one are very much looking forward to seeing this side, league one or Championship, even in the conference I'll always be at Wall! What else can we do on a Saturday? No one likes us!

• March 24, 2014 at 23:28

@Omer Ronayne: all good poubts Omer, I'd rather see young talent given a chance to play. They will see how to keep possession and maybe shown the Snr playera how to score.

• March 24, 2014 at 10:18

Congatulations to the three of you.
    You are the future of Millwall.

• March 24, 2014 at 10:38

The way forward for the lions is to bring youngsters into the squad then the first team just like Fred and Jack Powell.
    The loan signings and permanent ones this season just haven't worked out and as a fan we always like a youth team coming into the first team and making a big entrance like Fred against Charlton, this hasn't happened enough in recent years!

• March 24, 2014 at 10:44

Really good news for the boys, be great to watch them develop in what looks like a new set up next season, congrats to all involved with the boys.

• March 24, 2014 at 10:56

Heard there was a lot of intere4t from quite a few clubs ..well done millwall & good luck to the three of you..you made the right choice

• March 24, 2014 at 11:58

When i watched fred against charlton,it was good to see youthful enthusiasm,it would be good to see a team of youngster's with some experienced player's to guide them, or at least a few home grown youngster's in the team
    This is some good new's to sweeten the bad taste we are getting at the moment.
    Hopefully omer's earlier post post proves correct.

• March 24, 2014 at 14:25

Congrats to You three guys.wishing You lots of success with the mighty lions.COYL!!!

• March 24, 2014 at 15:47

When we lose the loan, short term and out of contract players at the end of the season I would like to see IH replace them with young players who don't quite make the grade in the Premiership to build a young squad with our own academy players to make us a force without breaking the bank. When we had Ifill, Cahill, Reid, Sadlier, Neil we also signed Joe Dolan from Chelsea and Dave Livermore from Arsenal (not every ones cup of tea I know) but that was a young team who played a load of matches together.

• March 24, 2014 at 18:09

@denslions: dead right but unfortunately I don't think that's the Holloway method. Time will tell I s'pose

• March 24, 2014 at 19:57

Congratulations lads, long over due to have a crop come through.
    Hard work starts now.
    good luck and well done

• March 24, 2014 at 20:52

Sid was in me house not so long ago celibrating my daughters birthday. Is a good lad & I shush all 3 the best for the future

• April 10, 2017 at 20:45

I’m impressed, I need to say. Actually not often do I encounter a weblog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you've got hit the nail on the head. Your thought is outstanding; the difficulty is one thing that not sufficient people are talking intelligently about. I'm very completely satisfied that I stumbled across this in my seek for one thing referring to this.

• April 12, 2017 at 10:23

Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!