Familiar feeling for Holloway as Millwall edged out by Leeds

©
©

IAN Holloway admitted it was the same old story for Millwall after they lost 2-1 to Leeds United at Elland Road.

Holloway cut a frustrated figure in his post-match press conference as he picked through the pieces of another disappointing result.

The Lions, who had 60% of possession, 14 shots and eight corners, spurned several chances to add to DJ Campbell's strike – but were undone by sloppy defending.

Leeds had established a two-goal lead by half time courtesy of Matt Smith's looping header direct from a throw in and Ross McCormack's close-range finish.

Holloway said: "I don't need to say that we should have got something out of that, do I?

"I thought we started better than them and I can't believe they can back-header a goal from a throw in without creating absolutely bo diddly.

"Then we're breaking down the touchline, right in front of me, and we make a wrong choice by playing the ball in front of someone instead of in to the open grass.

"McCormack gets in – and how he gets in I don't know because I was looking at where the ball should have gone – and how cruel is that?

"That's life for us, that's the way it's going and I still can't believe we haven't got something."

He added: "It is about choices. If they get a throw in, no way should one fella head it and the ball go in the bottom corner of our net.

"If you saw the chances we created before that, which we should have scored from, it is very frustrating."

Asked whether he was pleased with his side's display after the break, Holloway said: "I can't say I'm pleased at the moment, I'd rather rip your head off and kick it down the street.

"You only want the truth, don't you?

"That's what I'd rather do than sit here and answer a load of bullshit questions, which I don't want to do. I'd rather get home, dust myself down and start again on Tuesday.

"What's annoying me is that I keep seeing things that are good but I am not sure whether I should keeping saying 'that's unlucky' or 'keep doing that' because time's running out.

"From my point of view, the quality of the goal that DJ got and the way we got back into it with a change of tactics were both positive.

"John Marquis was so unlucky at the start of the second half – how his knock back didn't drop to Scott McDonald I do not know.

"There is a lot of frustration really because if we'd have scored first, Leeds would have been on their knees because I've never sensed Elland Road like that."

69 thoughts on “Familiar feeling for Holloway as Millwall edged out by Leeds

• March 22, 2014 at 18:52

Sounds like he has the ump. . Welcome to my world IH.

• March 22, 2014 at 18:55

I'm glad that Holloway is starting to get frustrated, maybe now he knows how we've all been feeling for the last 14 months. Also like that he's being honest, for once, and actually acknowledging the s*** we are well and truly in. I don't think we'll do it and I don't think we'll beat Birmingham nor Blackburn but if he can prove me wrong then fine.

• March 22, 2014 at 19:05

@harryfabian: Hollaway says he rather not answer b******* questions but it doesn't seem to stop him...i wish you would go home aswell instead of p****** us of

• March 22, 2014 at 19:21

@Jim28: he's not going to just sit there and saying nothing.

Glad he's p***** off as it's probably another nail in our coffin. Have to beat Birmingham no doubt about it.

• March 22, 2014 at 20:24

Look i'av seen plenty of managers getting interviewed & when the reporter starts talking b.ull sh.it they normally get the hump & walk out..hollaway has legs use em

• March 22, 2014 at 18:58

Whatever you think about Ollie, he speaks like a Millwall manager.
    It seems to me that only now, has the situation we're in finally sunk in for him.
    On Tuesday, I would expect some changes. Morison and Campbell to start. Malone should be back.
    I'm still optimistic that we'll beat Birmingham and then will see some s*** flaps doing overtime and the sluice gates opening from everyone else. We lived that life last season and stayed up by the skin of our teeth. They didn't and that might be our salvation.
    Keep the faith. Beat Birmingham and that weed will start to smell like a rose.
    It aint over yet!!!!

• March 22, 2014 at 19:01

Same old problem we cannot score.
    It has gone on all season and I cannot see it changing.
    We are running out of games and I cannot see us staying up.
    Cannot keep saying how unlucky we are as you make your own luck.

• March 22, 2014 at 19:13

Sounds like we were unlucky, but the truth is we lost yet again - this time to a really poor Leeds side. It's like a broken record week after week. Pretty football will be lovely next year, but Holloway's remit was to keep us up this season and I can't think of many managers who could have won us so few points so far.

The only positive is that other results went our way, so we can get our hopes up again on Tuesday night against Birmingham.

• March 22, 2014 at 19:24

@Micky Lions: got to say i loved the line in the article about riping his head of & kicking it down the street...classic

• March 22, 2014 at 19:21

Bring Neil Harris out of retirement, sign Gary Alexander and Danny Schofield ... Problem solved!

• March 22, 2014 at 19:23

Fair play to ya ollie and welcome to the world ive lived for the past 2 yrs, frustration beyond belief.
    have to admire ya for making this excuse of a squad to finally have the look of a football team. Too little too late ????? More than likely.
    I think IH will now go s*** or bust as we have F.A to lose.
    Well done for sticking to your guns and giving it everything today as the stats showed.
    I believe it will without doubt come good but unfortunately I also believe it will be next season in league 1.
    Need one almighty miracle.
    lets av it large on tuesday and absolutely batter birmingham non stop for the whole 90 mins like they did when they put 6 past us.
    I still have faith in ollie, as for the players well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• March 22, 2014 at 22:58

@lukesmithmfc: I envy those fans fans with faith in Holloway, but just like some people do religion, I'm afraid I don't get it with him. The bloke has been an unmitigated disaster for us - just ten points from thirteen games. Anyone else with a lesser public image would be getting coated.

I don't won't to hear any more about a new attractive style, being harder to beat or any of that football-purist b*******. At the end of the day we still can't score, we lose to s**** teams and we can't field a settled side. Maybe I'm watching a different manager, but it feels like the emperors new clothes to me. Holloway is a character, but he's also an unhinged headless-chicken who's taking us to our doom.

• March 22, 2014 at 23:11

@Micky Lions: zero likes at the moment micky, cheer up mate u cant stick this all on the manager

• March 22, 2014 at 23:55

@Micky Lions: mate, we've had 20000 shots at goals in the last month, either the goals are to small at millwalls end or we just right out of luck at the moment but s***, it's gotta change hopefully sooner than later.

• March 23, 2014 at 12:00

@Micky Lions:
        micky we was doomed with or without him, stop looking towards the manager and start looking at those players not just the new signings, the so called "millwall" players, you know the ones, jimmy robbo dunne, they've contributed to our demise long before the new players. We have been s*** for 3 or 4 yrs now, as it's a results business there cant be too much argument against what you've said above but please don't think for one minute relegation wasn't discussed in ollies contract talks.
        People need to start seeing the bigger picture, I don't know who some think we are, we get a couple run outs at wembley and people start thinking we're the bees knees, well as is pretty obvious, we are not, in fact, we are s***, so get over it, accept it, and get behind the manager who actually wants the job and wants to turn us into a decent club away from all the stereotypical b***** that we're associated with.
        IH is the best man for the job.

• March 23, 2014 at 13:24

@lukesmithmfc: I don't blame everything on Holloway - we were obviously in a bad way before he came. But I will blame him if were relegated from a retrievable situation at Christmas. He's been obsessed with a certain style of playing, which is fine at the start of the season or when you've got a good team. But during a relegation battle you need to concentrate on rebuilding spirit and making the team more resilient.

He's also guilty making lots of really strange tactical decisions. Even yesterday, Marquis starting up front away to Leeds - a bloke who's found his level this season at the three bottom clubs in the fourth Division. Meanwhile, two of the big-name forwards he's brought in (Jackson and Campbell) are only the bench.

• March 23, 2014 at 17:41

@Micky Lions: lets be honest micky
            everyone one of us who has been to watch under holloway can physically see the difference he's made. The back end of your first paragraph you talk about team spirit and being resilient as if holloway has failed to make that happen. Before he came we were conceding for fun and the players didnt have a clue how to execute a game plan, they also looked like they had no respect for each other let alone the management, well, now they have stopped leaking the average 3 goals a game which tells me they have become more resilient and they now look like an organised team who are carrying out instructions and are starting to believe in themselves and each other which tells me they're getting the "team spirit" back.
            I agree with you in part about some of his decision making before and during games as it sometimes baffles the life out of me but at the same time I'd rather a manager try before and during games than a manager who does sweet F.A about it and if your honest then you'd admit that also. Holloway seems to be on a hiding to nothing with a lot of over expecting fans.
            For this season my blame lies with the players first and foremost and the management team that started the season, especially the lack of fitness and the total disregard for fitness during preseason, an absolute shocking decision and an unprofessional decision which has cost us dearly. When I was playing we had to be fit to play not play to get fit.
            Please give the man a break and look at the deeper rooted problems that lie within the club which the man is starting to put right.
            Campbell on the bench as he has been injured so would start on most benches after injury as for jackson he has hardly done a thing since he's been here but like yourself I would start them both providing they're match fit and looking like they both understand whats asked of them.
            I said in a previous post that I believe holloway will get it right if thats to be in league then so be it. But to blame him if we go down is a little harsh as no one before he came gave a s***, at least he does.

• March 22, 2014 at 19:30

I can't say I'm pleased at the moment, I'd rather rip your head off and kick it down the street. I know exactly how you feel.

• March 22, 2014 at 19:31

PROBLEM LIES AT THE BACK ( IN DEFENCE ) , BUT WE HAVE NO SPARE CHOICES TO CHANGE TO. I STILL FEEL WE CAN WIN OUR TWO HOME GAMES. NO ONE LIKES US, WE DONT CARE. THE STORM......

• March 22, 2014 at 19:52

@bermlion: We will win those games simply because we have to.
      Millwall at Chesterfield next season? I've been there in the past and I'm not envisaging going next season though. Not a chance.
      There is not a single Millwall player that wants to get relegated.
      Tuesday, under the floodlights, our luck will change. We'll win and win well.
      If you really don't believe that, then bin your scarves, photos, programmes, blue hearts and season ticket renewals because you are not worthy. You really aren't.

• March 22, 2014 at 22:27

You are taking the p!ss mate aren't you. I've been down millwall for 35 years, fought and argued my team till I'm blue in the face. When we have a team of players of which more than half are not bothered or not good enough, then it makes me sick to the back teeth. I don't need you telling me that I as a loyal supporter I am not worthy because I don't believe in them. Millwall is more than a religion, it is a belief that despite what people may think about me/us we are better than them. Thats why I don't need clowns like you telling me I'm not worthy. See you next season down the den if you can be bothered mate!

• March 22, 2014 at 19:54

@bermlion: i'll be down the den or wot ever there's gonna call it) we owe birmingham a bloody thrashing cos i can still taste that defeat at st andrews earlier hn the season..owe em big time..lets hope the crowd get behind em from the start

• March 22, 2014 at 23:53

@kempo_123: i cant see anything boring about wanting to watch mfc..play.. I suppose thats to much to ask from you

• March 22, 2014 at 19:53

It's a brave man who can forecast the team who play on Tuesday for our biggest game of the season.
    It looks to me like Ollie has got a f****** big mixing bowl and is just chucking in the players (or ingredients if you like) and stirring it up (with his wooden spoon) until the mix is right (or not as the case may be). Then when he has made his mind up and plays players who were not even subs a week ago, but then he brings on 3 subs and changes the game half way though a game (apparently Ollie is going to be the new figurehead at the insurance website confused.com). I have since spoken with Ollie and the team on Tuesday is:-

Bailey (cant be any worse as a keeper than an outfield player)
    Bessone Hotyte
    S*** palace c*** Chaplow Panic signing no 21
    Easter Morison DJ 8ft c*** who cant head a ball Fordie
    Subs:- YaYa Suarez Hazard Jimmy Wayne Pikey Boy Me (for my input) Fred

• March 22, 2014 at 19:58

How comes when you write about holloway saying the word b******* you don't blank it out but when I write b*******, it's blanked out?? That's b******* if you ask me, total and utter b*******.... I want to express myself and use the word b******* but it keeps getting blanked out

F***!!!!!

This is b*******

• March 22, 2014 at 23:45

@weststandwill: holloway post match Birmingham "That's what I'd rather do than sit here and answer a load of b******* questions from you muggy c****. In fact f*** it I'm off home to watch bake off."

Minus the *******s

• March 22, 2014 at 20:39

He's now frustrated just like the rest of us, schoolboy defending once again set us back and despite having the majority of possession, with our luck this season we were never gonna get anything out of the game. Although we created some decent chances you could see the lack of confidence in front of goal (apart from DJ's goal). Need goals against Birmingham and Blackburn, we must be due some luck now surely.

• March 22, 2014 at 21:05

Like this fella think maybe it time we played with Jackson and the lump and put dj in just behind. Still what will be will be and il still love my club!!! Coyl

• March 22, 2014 at 21:07

Please no-one say that Birmingham is "must-win", we had about 6 games that everyone identified as "must-win" and we didn't win a single one of them. I must admit I gave up hope a few weeks ago, performances have been worse but there's a mental block affecting the team that makes scoring seem far harder than it should.

• March 22, 2014 at 22:03

@jamie: Ok Jamie, It's a 'will win' game.

• March 22, 2014 at 23:48

@jamie: Birmingham a "can't lose" game.

• March 22, 2014 at 21:39

Zigic versus The Hof,

singing: we've got a bigger one than you ............................

• March 22, 2014 at 22:10

Like he said, dust off and go again. Sounded like the last 20 mins or so was frantic and the boys had leeds on the back foot , just again so close but so far! They creating loads of opportunities and surely sum of those have to end up in back of the net. The hands on the head said it all to me, I was doing the same and wasn't even there, I can imagine the supporters in the stand trying to will that ball in in the final stages of the game. Well done to the travellers and alex for the live updates.

• March 22, 2014 at 23:03

@grassgrower: grass, nothing less than total commitment for every minute of every game now - fans and players alike -

• March 22, 2014 at 23:38

@timchimes: we in different parts of the world tim and our main sports are diff as well, in afl in aust when team are in a losing cycle they have really strong emphasis on youth policy so even when ya feelin a bit down and strugglin to win you always getting a look at the kids constantly coming through the system and the kids although a bit silly at times hav that youthful bravery and it seems to lift ya spirits as a supporter. Of course it's a even blend through the teams of experience and youth. We know that we,l go through periods of losing etc but there's always light at the end of the tunnel and the kids with the future in front of them keep us older blokes buzzing. I've wanked on a bit but you know, like always times don't stay tough forever but great football clubs do!!

• March 22, 2014 at 23:03

I think it says it all when Martyn Woolford is our top scorer with 7. Our forwards and defense this season would have embarrassed a non league outfit. Hang your heads in shame, pack your bags and let us have our Millwall back you worthless parasites.

• March 22, 2014 at 23:06

The percentage possession and goal attempts show that May things are going in the right direction. We need goals!!!!!! Plain and simple.

• March 22, 2014 at 23:44

@glyngo: yes glyn - very frustrating - I am not in the it is all s*** camp - IH has strange ways but ultimately we don't have the personnel but just one clinical striker could have made 10 points difference to us and of course people would be saying it was a reasonable season then if we were on 42 points now - I know other teams could say the same and that is true but that is the reality it is the scramble for a little bit extra talent - it will never be any different and I don't understand why our posters on here take it so personally - you have to take the wider view we will go up and down good days and bad day - this is true of virtually every team in the world except the mega sides - so until we get the billionaire investment or another 40,000 fans ride with it and get behind what we have

• March 22, 2014 at 23:37

Leeds were there for the taking today,we've played some poor sides lately in must win games I just can't believe all the money spent the players brought in and we end up relegated

• March 23, 2014 at 00:21

@jelly: jelly, yes you are so right but what is shows is that a lot sides in this div are there for there for the taking - we just gotta take 'em. It can be done - where is our bottle as fans - some of our ancestors would be turning in their graves at the reaction to losing a few games - get up for it against brum we are due a win against them - we gotta make it happen

• March 23, 2014 at 03:09

Back from Leeds, didn't manage to rip anybody's head off and kick it down the street!? (Can't imagine Kenny J coming out with that one!) we played ok, (had lots of possession which was taken off me as I entered the ground), but we just get mugged for stupidly give-away goals. Lomas's predictably disastrous time with our beloved club saw us shipping 3's, 4's and sometimes 5 a game. Ollie came out and said he'd sorted that out to be a thing of the past and we don't get hammered anymore which is a start. He and wee all know we have a problem scoring goals even if we create loadsa chances and sitters but he can't take the blame for our toothless strikers missing all these chances - we have needed a regular goal scorer since SM left for Norwich (he not same since he came back obviously) and we found a loanee in Wood and should have done more to keep the boy, if we had we'd be mid table. I'm as p***** off as anyone coz we know what's coming, but there are defo improvements under IH and we gotta back him and make him feel wanted at Millwall coz he is as good as we are gonna get and he like one of us in his down to earth nature, which is refreshing.

If we go down, let's home he stays coz he'll get us back up - but you never know, beat those brummie c**** on Tuesday then Blackburn and with a bit more confidence in the team going forward, together with the fact we don't ship goals anymore in vast numbers, we can get out of this. I'm more worried about Yeovil than the anoraks, - it's 3 from 4 or poss 3 from 5 if we beat the Zulus on Tuesday. Let's give me the biggest f****** cheer they've ever had and keep it up throughout the game. We are Millwall fans, the best fans in the land and can make all the difference if we make it hostile for the enemy and back our boys no matter what they're playing like with everything we've got. We ain't down yet! Come on you Lions!!!!!!!!! Come on Ollie, we are behind you and you can go into legend if you keep us up - everything to play for.

Millwall til I die (which won't be f****** long away at this f****** rate!). MFC best fans in the world - lets f****** prove it...........COYL!!!!!!

• March 23, 2014 at 07:24

@T20ColdBlowLion: Spot on, like you say we have a problem scoring goals. Ollie has tried numerous strikers and none of them have delivered, we cannot blame him for missing their chances. If we wasn't creating any chances then it would be down to him to put that right. We can all see things slowly coming together but time is rapidly running out. I for one agree we should get behind Ollie and show him our support, whether we're playing Championship or League 1 football next season.

• March 23, 2014 at 12:46

@harry2310: we will have Moro back for Tuesday and him up front with the big Austrian may just prove fruitful in getting us a few goals.

Keep the faith.

• March 23, 2014 at 04:08

Great post mate, hard yards on the road but at least ya saw some positive signs. Thanx for the read.

• March 23, 2014 at 05:36

IH said he would have to play the Hoff fit or not, Then puts him on the bench, So far he has looked the best player on the pitch when he has come on. Why not start him against the brums on Tuesday night so he can put the fear of god on there defence, By the time he gets tired if he does we could be a couple of goals up & the (Cough cough) defence can relax abit. Just a thought!

• March 23, 2014 at 09:25

@Millwall_Jim: jackson cambell & hof..all on the bench.. Marquis & mcdonald on the pitch..and we still played em of the park .dj at last showed wot he can do..hope theirs more to come

• March 23, 2014 at 13:49

@Millwall_Jim: We were talking about this on the way up there yesterday- Ollie had to decide, whether to hit em hard in the 1st half with the HOFF or bring him on for the 2nd- coz he wouldn't last for 90mins. A hard decision, but in hindsight it might've been better to bank some goals in the 1st half as you said...
      As for Tuesday - starting the HOFF and DJ and bringing on Morro for the HOFF in the 2nd wouldn't be a bad shout...
      p.s. nice to see what DJ can do when given a decent opportunity -(assist by the HOFF)- looked good from the stand and even better on lions player! What a goal! Was nice to silence those Leeds scum c**ts! COYL!

• March 23, 2014 at 09:29

Had a ticket in the Leeds end still had a good day until DJ scored & I was the only one to jump up. Then asked to leave by the stewards but winged it & joined the millwall fans. I think the hoff done well when he came on but was flagging a bit at the end. So I don't think he should start games but is a option on the bench which we never had before.

• March 23, 2014 at 10:43

@block 28: In my opinion if its Championship or League 1 football next season the hoff should be given a permanent contract. He has looked dangerous in his half fit condition and with pre season training could be a force next season. We will have lost Campbell, Morison, Jackson and possibly McDonald jut leaving Easter and Marquis(!) so he will definitely offer a different option.

• March 23, 2014 at 11:13

@">denslions agree he will be a good signing when we get him fit. He's looking fitter with every game but we are running out of games. So why didn't We sign him in January big mistake by Ollie.

• March 23, 2014 at 10:36

Looked at those two Leeds goals, how do we let those in, poor goalkeeping on both, and where the f*** is beevers for that second one that's played into oceans of space for McCormack to run onto . Terrible defending, poor goalkeeping. Teams never gift us crap like that

• March 23, 2014 at 14:07

@bordersarebest0170: Yeah agree unfortunately! Their 1st goal was f**king unbelievably lucky though- similar to the Bolton goal- geezer puts his head on it- ain't got a clue where it's going and ends up in the back of the net! Fordeys positioning could've been better though.
      As for the 2nd, errors by both the defense and Forde- I can forgive Forde though coz he's been immense recently and every player has bad days... the defense on the other hand should've been manically trying to track back for that.... some colorful language was expressed!

• March 23, 2014 at 10:43

Problems at the back, problems in midfield, problems up front, problems off the pitch, problems everywhere with Millwall. Problem is nothing has been sorted, and the big problem is that it is likely we will get relegated. Sorry to be gloomy but I see no light at the end of the tunnel as yet. The club needs a complete overhaul. If IH keeps us up he will be a hero, if he takes us down it will be a long haul back.
    One thing is certain Millwall supporters must be the most resilient in the country. The club would not last a minute without them. Well done to the brave-hearts that travelled yesterday.

• March 23, 2014 at 10:52

@Peckhamlad: I agree with you. As you say relegation is probable and the club will need a complete overhaul from top to bottom. Get rid of all the deadwood inherited from Jackett and brought in by Lomas and Holloway this season. Forde doesn't look likely to sign a new contract and Lowry will probably leave as well the only two out of contract players worth keeping so IH will have to start with a whole new team next season built around Upson and Williams.

• March 23, 2014 at 11:41

@denslions: Looking at it with a long term view, that might not be the worst outcome from the last 2-3 years of dire decline. I do believe IH ihas overseen us playing the best football we've seen for many years now and if he can rebuild with a squad capable of playing the way he wants and score goals, then we have something to look forward to.

• March 23, 2014 at 12:51

@glyngo: if we do drop to league 1 there must be some lower league strikers we can poach to fire us straight back to the Championship.

May even enjoy some games next season.

• March 24, 2014 at 00:46

@glyngo: @MFC Lion: jacjett got us to wembley 3 times stopped the rot in.L.1.got us promoted..and all thrs ona shoe string budget..once up he thought this would chamge..tryed for puncheon funds not there..tried for wood funds not there..even murrey from lower leaque (who scored thirty odd goals last year)...he did get morro from stevenage he got us up..so there are gems out there

• March 24, 2014 at 09:00

@Peckhamlad: I don't make Holloway a hero if he keeps us up, that's what he was brought in for. That said, whatever happens and whatever league we are in and despite the fact I can't stand his media friendly clowning he'll get a clean slate from me at the start of next season and that should be the same for everybody. But he'll have no more excuses come August/September.

• March 24, 2014 at 09:28

@lion.ie: i'd rather the clowning then no qeal re action like the last 4 boring managers we had...yes he can be silly ..least he keeps us entertained..many will judge come August

• March 23, 2014 at 12:50

As a realist, I have said we will be relegated for several weeks being clearly the worst team in the 2nd tier. But, also as a realist, 3rd tier next season will not contain the likes of Southampton, Leicester, Leeds or Wolves - teams likely to finish in the top 6 even before the season has begun. This frees up competition for higher finishes and means I can easily imagine a top 8 finish next season, if not better. At least this would be a confidence boosting season so not all doom and gloom.

• March 23, 2014 at 13:04

The team has too many donkeys In it, can't cover so many in one team. Robbo,LOWREY,Beevers,shittu are all painfully slow, Garven in midfield, slow,no wingers,no real pace anywhere In the side to hurt opposing teams. No wonder we are where we are.

• March 23, 2014 at 17:20

@bordersarebest0170: I agree that the team has too many donkeys but if IH persists in playing his 4-2-3-1 formation they might well be good enough for League 1. Big hoff up front as the lone striker could well make all the difference with Upson and Williams pulling the strings in midfield. Unfortunately although a lot of the current squad are out of contract this Summer their is more deadwood still with us until the Summer of 2015. It is only then that IH will be able to completely rebuild for the 2015/2016 season which is the final year of his contract and we will see if he is capable of getting us back into the Championship.

• March 23, 2014 at 18:07

Too be fair it was a decent performance yesterday apart from two dire pieces of defending. Going forward we had a real go and on another day we could have won by a couple of goals but when your lucks out, its out. I think I'm in a minority when I say we will be in the League One play-offs as a minimum next season plus I look forward to us actually winning some bloody football matches. As I have been reminded several times, financially relegation is disastrous but I'm a glass half full supporter. So flirting at the top of league one is a damn sight better than winning f*#k all at the bottom of the Championship. COYL

• March 23, 2014 at 19:22

I have just watched the highlights again on youtube and for the first goal Marquis bottles a 50/50 challenge in midfield and a few seconds later we go one goal down. I have always thought he was gutless and a wage thief and seeing that adds more weight to my opinion of him.

• March 24, 2014 at 00:11

@Eightieswall: i recorded the FLS saturday & only just watched it...goal 1 a long throw big geezer wins it ..(no blame to the defenders) but forde made 2 errors the position he took up & his inability to move quickly to get to it..goal 2 Maquis bottles it ..ball went in at the near post through forde's legs..goal 3 brilliant strike from dj

• March 24, 2014 at 11:22

@Jim28: Jim i stand corrected, I meant the second goal he bottled the tackle.

• March 23, 2014 at 19:29

so we played well but the usual frailties in defence and lack of goals ate killing us. wonder if Robbo will come on and say how pleased he was with only conceding 2 goals. we need to hammer birmingham and blackburn to stand any chance coyl ffs

• March 24, 2014 at 01:54

@DELBOY64: JOB APPLICATION}.must be male..bright. .energetic & cove all be able to score goals on a regukar basis....please apply to millwall football club....p.s..not guaranteed a game