Millwall will be different proposition with Maierhofer – Ollie

© Edmund Boyden
© Edmund Boyden

IAN Holloway intends to simplify Millwall's attacking play following the arrival of 6ft 8in Austrian giant Stefan Maierhofer.

Maierhofer played 40 minutes on his Lions debut in a 0-0 draw with Charlton on Saturday.

And the 31-year-old looks set to make his first start against Leeds United this weekend with loanee Steve Morison ineligible to face his parent club.

Holloway feels Maierhofer's height will give Millwall another dimension going forward and that the Lions will be a "different proposition" with him in the side.

Asked whether the striker is fit enough to start a game, Holloway said: "He is going to have to be because next week we've got no Morison, but it should be quite exciting.

"Now I've got this big fella, we can work different things off of him – I can get him dragging defences around and people running inside him.

"If I was playing The Cube, if you watch that programme, I've simplified – bosh, big striker.

"I like to play through people or around people and the way games have been going for us, we've let a goal in and then teams back off with two banks of four.

"We haven't been winning many headers when the ball has come into the box. Morison is a number nine and a half – he's not a number nine.

"When Morison and Simeon Jackson played with Grant Holt at Norwich, they had a lot of success. Holt is a big beast of a man so I've gone and got one.

"We're not a one-dimensional team.

"When I was at Blackpool I had four strikers who could win headers, so hopefully we'll be a different proposition now and we'll get some goals from set plays.

"That's all I'm going to focus on for the next couple of weeks."

Maierhofer had been without a club this season prior to signing a short-term contract at The Den last week, but Holloway added: "I want to put his record straight.

"He went to Wolves for £1.8million, then he went to Bristol City and he is desperate to play in England again.

"At this time of the season, can you get someone with a brilliant goalscoring record who someone else doesn't want? I can't see it, can you? Stefan is a type.

"At the minute, my cake doesn't taste right because we need different ingredients. Stefan is going to unlock all sorts of doors for us.

"I needed someone else and he will definitely lighten the load a little bit providing I can get him fit, and that's always the gamble."

101 thoughts on “Millwall will be different proposition with Maierhofer – Ollie

• March 18, 2014 at 13:18

Do the business TINY !

• March 18, 2014 at 13:26

It would now seem that our destiny in this division depends on a not quite fit 6' 8" Austrian. I think it is slightly unfair to expect one person to sort out the mess of the past 36 games. I thought this was a team game. IH talks about what he had at Blackpool and how that worked, why didn't he try to get a striker who could head head a ball before now?????????

• March 18, 2014 at 13:32

@rikkiatwall: Although it pains me to say it this is a shrewd move. We have missed this type of player. Rather goes against Holloway's 'football philosophy' though?

• March 18, 2014 at 13:35

@rikkiatwall: @rikkiatwall: @rikkiatwall: @rikkiatwall: I agree rikkiatwell....it makes no sense to announce what our new giant is going to do as others would have realised that long ago...perhaps Leeds are seeking to loan a 10ft tall centre half....it makes my mind boggle as to how far we have sunk

• March 18, 2014 at 13:31

Ollie what do all these rambelings mean about baking and not winning many headers (we know that) and grtting someone who has a brillant scoring record at this stage of the season, and Stefan is also a locksmith so if it dont work out here he should be okay for a job.

I will have a pint of what Ollie has please.

• March 18, 2014 at 13:32

As long as we win at Leeds I don't care who or how we do it
    Big ask but can't afford to lose at any cost

• March 18, 2014 at 16:20

@southstand: Couldn't be a better time to play Leeds, but unfortunately, they're probably saying the same about us. We haven't played well up there since the promotion season, so a draw would be a good result.

• March 24, 2014 at 04:49

@Micky Lions: you're right south stand, it couldn't have been a better time to play Leeds, they'd no wins in 7. Also, it couldn't have been a better time to play Blackpool, they hadn't won in 17 games. It couldn't have been a better time to play Barnsley - bottom of the league and no wins since I was f****** born. Worst possible time to play Derby though coz they had 7 straight wins or 9 without losing. Unfortunately as it's turned out, for all the teams at the bottom and around us, it's always the f****** case that it couldn't be a better time to play us! But then that's us. I think ahead of their games with us the opposition have our (what must be to them all f****** glaring and easy to exploit) weaknesses completely sussed out, so as opposed to just concentrating on how we can play, perhaps we need to have the enemy we are playing next sussed out and exploit their weaknesses coz they've obviously got them otherwise they wouldn't be bottom of the f****** league of on a s**** run of results. All these teams - Leeds, Anoraks, Blackpool, Bolton, Barnsley, Doncaster, Yeovil all got their seasons back on track after playing us. I keep banging on about it, but we've got to make it f****** horrible for opposing teams and fans to come to the Den like the old days. Southampton came down in the cup a couple of years ago singing "you're not scary anymore". I've never been so insulted, disappointed and upset since my wife refused to leave me and told me she wants to be with me forever - coz she said I wasn't scary anymore...........going soft boys, - no goo

• March 18, 2014 at 13:38

Oh at last the penny has dropped with IH, surely he should have realised that Millwall have had a goal scoring problem all season? Whether this fella can solve it we have to wait end see. I somehow believe that IH is changing his direction week in week out. In other words he is lost.

• March 18, 2014 at 15:03

@Peckhamlad: IH is certainly not lost and I think he knows a thing or 2 about management!! At least he can hold his hands up and say the tactics of playing slick football isn't working as well as it should do, that's because he hasn't had a full pre-season with the players to drill it into them.

He knows we have to go more direct, so has signed a player who can help with that, not sure what else you want??

bullsh** negative post, when the guy has only been honest and is doing something about the tactics.... better than struggling for the rest of the season and definitely getting relegated or is that what you would prefer???

• March 18, 2014 at 15:23

@Bradders: I have absolutelyno desire to see us relegated, but I maintain IH is lost in some ways, formations keep changing, players moved around the clear lack of a goal scorer since he took over, some rather weak signings although I applaud him for bringing in the youngster Fred who looks to have a great future. To be honest IH has always had an uphill struggle. and you can't make a purse out of a sows ear. He took the team to Portugal, and if he wanted the team to be more direct he has had time to make it work.
        By the way if you think we are not going to struggle for the rest of the season you mus be watching a different team than myself. But I respect your opinion and I hope you are proved right.

• March 18, 2014 at 15:44

@Peckhamlad: Unfortunately I think we could all see how tough the task was even before Lomas was given the boot, that guy pretty much ruined our club and it was always going to be a very tough task for us to stay up, mainly because Lomas lost the dressing room early on and the confidence was at an all time low when Jackett left!

It was always going to be a struggle, but Holloway kept to his guns and tried playing football the right way which I can't blame him for trying... but with time left he is going more direct because he knows the forward players haven't taken to the football he is trying to play.

I can assure you the build up play will be exactly the same but the movement of the front 2 or 3 will be different... mark my words!

• March 18, 2014 at 17:28

@Bradders: bradder's i could see it was going be tough BEFORE lomas was appointed jacket left us with a load of c8ap and problems in the dressing room and lomas walked into a brickwall as far as the player's were concerned i cannot wait for this season to be over so holloway can sort those player's out ie showing them the door.
            its easy to keep blaming lomas,even IH said that the team did not give lomas much help

• March 18, 2014 at 13:54

Well going on what I saw on Saturday he looks like he can play a bit , had a decent touch and pass in him, and puts himself about. I thought he looked good,a bit of a handful.

• March 18, 2014 at 14:44

@bordersarebest0170:
      Exactly what I thought borders.
      A very shrewd addition.
      He is going to cause defences all sorts of problems.
      Well done Holloway. Good choice.

• March 18, 2014 at 14:03

Hands up (Can you say that to a German / Austrian these days?), he looked a lot better than I thought he would when he came on on Saturday. Looked like he knows what he's doing at least.

• March 18, 2014 at 14:37

@Adsy77777: saturday he was surprise to get 40mins seeing it was agreed 20-25 ...he was quite happy to been playing alongside morro..thir is when we looked dangerous...then wot happen he moved sm wide...& played ronald mcd with him...bloody stupid

• March 18, 2014 at 14:51

Fair Play to IH!! It's a breath of fresh air to hear a manager be honest and say it's not working at the moment so let's go to Plan B or even C!

Sorry to talk about the past but look at Jackett in his final year and Lomas in general.... never had a plan b or wouldn't ever hold their hands up to getting tactics wrong and blamed the ref.... that's maybe why under Jackett the football was so boring because it would always be kept at 1-0 or 1-1.

Doesn't matter what division we will be in next year (obviously prefer championship) Holloway is the man to sort out our football club and get those youngsters coming through, rather than Millwall being a 1 stop shop for the old, crocked and damn right useless!!

• March 18, 2014 at 15:31

@Bradders: Corr 1-0 and 1-1, those were the days!

• March 18, 2014 at 21:04

@Sealion: never got more than one goal since Holloway took over. Bit late in the day for changing tactic but he is no doubt preparing for next season in Division 3. I started watching Millwall in Division 3 South so thanks for the memory Ian...

• March 18, 2014 at 15:33

To blame jacket for this mess is ridicous..yeah KJ puts his hands up and said it needs a new manager with new ideas.. He didn't think ginge would tottaly dismantle the team..all we needed was 3 class players a defender mid & a striker..wot did we get aa lot of has beens..olly goal scorrng record to date is less than both

• March 18, 2014 at 15:52

@Jim28: Jim don't quite understand what you are saying.... under Jackett we had a solid defence, in fact it was one of the best defences in the league last season (check the stats).

Also Jackett's goal scoring record is worse than Holloway's for the 3 months from New Year until end of March!! Remember we was in Play-offs around December time but then Wood left and the rest is history!

Jackett will still be a legend as he got us promoted to where we rightly should be, but completely lost his way last season and never had a Plan B apart from the hoof football which was boring as f***

Let's not even discuss Lomas because we all know what that C*** done to our club!

• March 18, 2014 at 16:27

@Bradders: jacket couldn't get the goalscorer that he & us wanted this was the reason for the slip in the table..the same can be said for olly i cos i dont think Djc was his first choice...so this is the main reason why we haven't pulled away

• March 18, 2014 at 16:30

@Jim28: So where was Jackett's Plan B?? Holloway has certainly gone out and got 1.

• March 19, 2014 at 11:41

really jacket could not get a goalscorer,we already had one in darius Henderson .he got rid of 1 of our best ever goals to games forwards we have ever had in my opinion ,for 2 bob hulse who turned us down 2 or 3 times before .if we had Henderson now we would not be in this position . in fact apart from a great 1st season by our standards we have been on the slide .that's jackets fault for not inproving the team .that is down to jacket.

• March 18, 2014 at 17:41

@Bradders: lomas may well have done damage,but that load of rubbish that called themselves pro footballers,where 60% of goals against were down to poor defending or school boy errors were more to blame and jacket had a good defensive record because he set up defensively.you said your self boring 1-0 1-1 results,and but for wood we would have been relagated two seasons ago and i dont think KJ would be the legend he is to many of us.
          Lets stop keep blaming lomas for whats happend as there is more than one man who is responsible for our position at the moment,many many more

• March 18, 2014 at 15:22

Great news - Morrison cant play - rather than wont play - as he hasn't bothered all season

• March 18, 2014 at 18:15

@crow191049: He got us a point at Yeovil and the winner against Derby. Put the crosses in the box and Moro will score.

• March 18, 2014 at 15:40

We're well and truly into the home straight now and this is Holloway's last throw of the dice. With ten games remaining it's up to the players to step up to the plate and give it everything. We probably need something in the region of eighteen more points to survive and Maierhofer at least gives us something different.

• March 18, 2014 at 16:54

Don't want to sound all doom and gloom,but I don't think he was up to much.Lost out on a fair few headers of which someone of his height should win all day.
    Also thought he was more of a whiney sort rather then a big aggressive centre forward who is willing to put his body on the line.
    But if anything he does offer us something different then what we have.

• March 18, 2014 at 17:31

I thought he had done quite well when he came on on saturday...I think at least he played with a bit of desire...more than can be said about some of the wages thieves we have at present!!!!!

I honestly think Ollie is planning for next season when we can get rid of those useless people we have at present. At least our gates will match the rest of the division...I honestly think Ollie is the man for the job...it's certainly been entertaining, better than the dross of the Jackett/lomas regimes...and I know before I get slaughtered on here from the Jackett brigade...he took us to we bluey and our most successful stint as manager, but it was kick and rush football and I am looking forward to seeing us play football in either league 1 or the Championship next season. Even stefan looked liked he could play a bit on the floor and is not a one trick pony...just my opinion

• March 18, 2014 at 18:05

We got a new tiny then
    Who remembers the original from the cold blow , terraces in the 70 s

• March 18, 2014 at 18:18

@spanner41: Yes mate and he had more bottle than this current squad,

• March 18, 2014 at 18:13

Poor old KJ. Nearly a year gone and still getting the blame. If only he could turn around a club in free fall and take them to the top of the league to prove the doubters wrong........hold on a minute. He might give us a wave if we swap places with Eolves in the Summer.

• March 18, 2014 at 18:52

Wow. Tactical genius.
    Let's get a totem pole up front and have 2 midgets running either side of him. Got about as much chance of working as I have of getting a dose of the clap from Mother Superior.

• March 18, 2014 at 18:59

@NICKOLA: ya mightn,t get it from mother superior!

• March 18, 2014 at 19:12

@NICKOLA: Agreed Nickola, it doesn't take a tactical genius but if you look at the picture above it does give me hope that the Leeds centre halves will know that they've been in a game by half-time on Saturday! Maybe I've just gone plain daft after the season we have had, but this guy actually gives me a semblance of hope! Back to basics is what it needs sometimes.

• March 18, 2014 at 18:54

It's funny when IH first came to millwall ever one said we must support him, even if we go down because he will bring us straight back up. Lets keep the support COYL

• March 18, 2014 at 18:57

I have always thought we should keep it simple, it's in our blood, part of our history that we are a physical team. Or at least we should be. Solid back 4, 2 quick wingers, 2 centre midfielders that can tackle and pass, and a big lump with a quick forward playing off of him. Sorted. Happy with this signing.

• March 18, 2014 at 19:09

@82wall:
      Also i would add that it's all very well playing passing football, and weird formations. But it hasn't worked so far has it? Back to the old school and I think it might just work.

• March 18, 2014 at 19:02

I feel sorry for this geezer now coz he's been hyped up as the answer to our problems now, a free agent!

• March 18, 2014 at 19:06

Certainly if he gets sum fitness, no matter how long the game goes he won't get any shorter but the defenders will become stretched.

• March 18, 2014 at 19:17

Charlton v Bournemouth tonight, If Charlton we are sinking.

• March 18, 2014 at 19:17

If Charlton win*

• March 18, 2014 at 19:43

I'm going for 1-1 at Charlton tonight. That would put them 2 points behind but 3 games in hand. A win for them tonight puts us in the bottom three on a vastly inferior goal difference.
    Yeovil will lose at Wigan tonight, so bang goes their game in hand.
    Mind you, apparently we've got a new totem pole sized saviour so it won't be a problem what happens tonight.
    Or maybe not...

• March 18, 2014 at 19:46

Eightieswall Jim28 u no it lads
    More fighting spirt now needed
    Only on the pitch these days

• March 18, 2014 at 23:49

Each to their own

• March 18, 2014 at 20:48

we just need Serioux to chuck the ball onto his bonce from the halfway line. Ollie is one big contradiction.

• March 18, 2014 at 21:00

@AWHMFC: You smell like claret and blue son. F*** off.

• March 18, 2014 at 21:06

This is a good move.we need a big player upfront to disrupt and create loose ball for our small front players.Morrison is not that type of player.he prefers playing wider. If you play this then find a young quick player to put crosses in.with both we will score goals

• March 18, 2014 at 21:14

Just sitting here watching soccer special hoping charlton dont score, what a desperate state of affairs after all the optimisim of pre season,had a look at our games and i reckon if charlton get 14 points from their last 14 games then we are cattled , hope im wrong but we're 4-6 to go down and that seems about right .

• March 18, 2014 at 21:44

@thecolumbusblock: and what happens, the poxy f****** go and score 90min +1.52 were in the bottom 3 IH what happens now.

• March 18, 2014 at 21:51

@mfc1rob: maybe they lose their 3 games in hand 5-0 and go behind us on goal difference?

Need something from the Leeds game desperately 🙁

• March 18, 2014 at 21:44

Charlton 1 up oh s**t we are f*cked

• March 18, 2014 at 21:45

Hopping pot

• March 18, 2014 at 21:46

yep that will teach us for f--king up on sat but robbo is happy to keep a clean sheet what a load of b*****

• March 18, 2014 at 21:53

@DELBOY64: Unfortunately the new bloke seems to be making a difference at Charlton whilst even little Yeovil are making a fight of it. But at least we have a higher profile manager.

• March 18, 2014 at 21:56

@DELBOY64: Which proves, unfortunately, against an excellent form team, that they have got some steel and backbone in their set-up. But hey, no worries because despite the fact that we couldn't score in an Amsterdam whorehouse with a £100 note, Robinson is happy with our last clean sheet and Ollie thinks an unfit player is going to save us from relegation.
      I can sleep soundly now knowing that.
      WHAT A CROCK OF EXCREMENT.

• March 19, 2014 at 08:38

@DELBOY64: Robbo needs to get LOST with a few others, who got us in this MESS.

• March 18, 2014 at 22:32

Strike another match, go start anew
    And It's all over now, Baby Blue

• March 19, 2014 at 07:34

@sierraleone: I knew that was you before I looked who posted it !.

• March 19, 2014 at 08:13

@wandererwall: Desolation Row would be more appropriate...

• March 18, 2014 at 22:33

Charlton won. Down. Down. Down down down. Down. Down. Relegated. Down. For me this is Holloway's test, how he reacts when we are relegated; not mathematically, but just obviously. Does he do desparate loans who give nothing next season or field some youth?

• March 18, 2014 at 22:37

I said when IH was appointed that while optimistic I had my doubts because he appeared to undergo a sort of footballing nervous breakdown in his Palace departure. Now I'm in no doubt. I can't make out who he most resembles: the Peter Sellerrs' character Chauncey Gardiner or Walter Mitty? A 6ft 8in unfit striker no one wants is our saviour? When to the sessions of sweet silent thought I summon up remembrance of things Millwall past....I come up with Belgian Bob. How did that work out? I'll ask IH?
    We are now truly screwed for this season. Any idea that we will bounce straight back from a relegation is a total fiction that exists only in Holloway's fantastically skewed mind. What I really worry about is we go into total freefall. With Berylson quitting as he realises he knows less than nothing about selecting the right managerial talent or colleting people around him who do. He can't get rid of IH without looking a total plonker, Though that is what is needed.
    My cake tastes fine, Ian....it's just the tarantula sitting on top of it that seems to indicate all is not well...

• March 18, 2014 at 23:11

F*** off Ollie...give it a rest and shut the f*** up, you can show what you are made of next season no hiding place next year gobby

• March 18, 2014 at 23:41

We have to stay up..one reason got a brother staying with me & he's a anorak..i know next time i see he's gonna have a smug grin on his face...if we go down & thats a big IF ..i'll throw the f***** out

• March 19, 2014 at 05:18

holloway stop talking complete b***** week after week and sort this s*** out, had enough of listening to your crap excuses, this is your team your formations, and f*** all is working, ffs if you'd of stuck to basics in the first place we might not be where we are, why don't you look and see if there's anymore has been 2 bob forwards available, just in case you aint signed enough already, in future keep your mouth shut, we've had enough of listening to it

• March 19, 2014 at 06:27

Well that took just 4 days to lose any advantage we had over Charlton, all the talk of points in the bag and games in hand have now dissapered,Ollie can say what he wants but our fate is no longer in our own hands anymore.
    We need to carrying on though we can still get out of it, as it is not actually certain that we will be going down, but lets hope if we do and I would think they cant afford to move Ollie on. so lets hope he is alredy planning for the return to the Championship next season. COYL!!!!!!

• March 19, 2014 at 06:31

A cancer has been eating through the joint slowly over a long period of time it needs to be treated, we as a group can implode and eat each other or constructively get things right . No amount of shitcanning by us the supporters will correct this problem . You longtermers hav seen it all and suffered the endless frustrations of ups and downs and are rightly p***** off but we need to get this right. The players need to realise their responsibility and be honest with each other and with the manager and indeed if there are issues they all need to address them without fear nor favour. Millwall are seen from the outside as fearless tough c**** who take no prisoners and give no ground ever. Don't drop our heads, none of us and keep at it till we can turn it around. I know you are probably thinking, " who's this c*** telling us how we should feel " but it's with the best intentions and respect!

• March 19, 2014 at 07:36

@grassgrower: I hope you can get your money back on your air tickets,

• March 19, 2014 at 08:26

Surely no one was expecting Charlton not to win one of their games in hand, I expect them to get 5 points from them.

We have to now have champions form and win 3 or 4 on the bounce. Drwsa are no longer an option and overhaul Doncaster.

I don't expect us to do it though, sadly we must prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

• March 19, 2014 at 17:15

@wongo: Doncaster are still 5pts ahead of Charlton.

Will Charlton get 5 from 9 to go ahead? Who knows. At a guess no, I still think it's going to be 3 from the current bottom 4 and I'm praying Charlton go on a losing run.

• March 19, 2014 at 10:06

'Do not go', said Berylson to Jackettt,
    'I'm off old son, I can no longer hack it',
    'Please f*** off' said Berylson to Lomas,
    'You've made this team s***, it's now 'kin hopeless',
    'Ollie, Please sign this long contract and stop the rot'
    'OK, I'll sign some crap players who are no longer hot,
    'Don't worry John, I've got this new system of play'
    'A big f***** up front, what do you say?
    JB ponders a while, and starts rubbing his chin,
    'You're all f****** s*** and we can't buy a win'
    Hands cupping his face, he pulls out his hair,
    No-one likes us and we don't care.

• March 19, 2014 at 10:57

Only the wildest optimist can believe we will stay up now, it has been one of the most pathetic and miserable seasons for years, bad management, incompetence, poor signings, lack of strategy and disillusionment. If anyone think next season will see us bounce back then they are sadly in for a long time in div 1. My heart goes out to talented youngsters like Fred who must wonder what their future is at Millwall. If we were a bank the board would have to resign, but we have a complete collection of numpties in charge. We all love our club and will stay ever loyal but we do not deserve the crap we have been served up week in week out.
    I sometimes wonder if perhaps the take over bid by the other bunch should have been accepted they might have pumped in a lot of money, but who knows?
    We have been here before many a time, it never changes at Millwall it is like a merry go round.

Well hacked off! Just hope we can get something up a Leeds, they are not in the best of shape either.

• March 19, 2014 at 11:04

@Peckhamlad: Agree with most of that. I'm not optimistic about getting a result at Leeds though. We couldn't get anything at Blackpool or beat Charlton. I think that by 5pm Saturday, it will be obvious we've well and truly had it. Which, in a way, may come as a huge relief. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

• March 19, 2014 at 11:11

@Peckhamlad: if we were a bank, we would not have to resign. Quite the opposite as we would feel compelled to give ourselves a healthy bonus, which is no doubt what the board will be doing. Agree with everything else you say. We have been here before but in all my time I have never seen such a mess of a side: lacking shape, consistency, goals but worst of all, fight.

• March 19, 2014 at 17:42

@Peckhamlad: if we were a bank the board would get a bonus.

• March 19, 2014 at 11:23

Did somebody call me.
    Here I am Peckhamlad,the wildest optimist who thinks we can still stay up.
    Beet Leeds on Saturday and Birmingham lose at home to Reading and there are then 2 points between us and we are at home to them next Tuesday.
    Birmingham are in freefall and that t***** Clarke is seriously disliked by their fans and they are in big trouble.
    30 points still to play for.
    If we had lost our last 3 games and had absoloutely no form then even I might be thinking that there's no way out.
    4 points out of the last 9 available plus Fred and the Austrian makes me feel that we can still stay up. I am not giving it up yet.

• March 19, 2014 at 11:31

@wall2wall: I'm glad I read that. I actually feel rejuvinated now. Thanks. Maybe you're right. If anyone can get out of this mess, it's Millwall.

• March 19, 2014 at 11:45

@NICKOLA:
        My pleasure Nickola.
        Keep fighting and believing whilst we still have a chance.

• March 19, 2014 at 16:18

@wall2wall: I really do hope you are right and admire your optimism, time to be lionhearted.

• March 19, 2014 at 12:23

I know this season has been bleak, but let's not forget we only stayed up last season 'cos Peterborough did us a favour and lost to Palarse on the last day - after we lunched it at Derby.

All along Ollie has been saying "I can't promise to keep us in this league, but if we do go down we'll rebuild and go again in League one." And we all know he's got a better track record at getting teams promoted than getting teams out of the relegation zone.

At least if we go down I'd like to think we will win a few more games than we have this season. Got the season ticket renewal leaflet through the door yesterday... comedy timing what with the price increase!

F**k it. I'll be there next season. Hopefully so will Ollie and we will rebuild with younger, hungrier players like Fred. Maybe I'm naive, but I think it will be a lot more fun to watch than what we've become used to.

• March 19, 2014 at 12:40

@tomahawk: Ask the Wolves fans. I am sure they are enjoying this season better than last. It is painful watching at the moment, very embarassing for us fans and I am sure the players (I hope). There is obviously a lack of confidence in all departments, probably an expectation that they are going down, and for the players out of contract, not a bright future. We've been there before so nothing new, and we will come back a better team, not sure a stronger club if JB does a runner.

• March 19, 2014 at 17:49

@beedoscores: yes the Championship is a better division to be in than league 1 but I can honestly say I've not enjoyed going wall for the past 2 seasons now.

At least in league 1 we played some good football, scored some goals and won matches! Lesser teams yes but saying that there aren't many teams in the championship I particularly look forward to playing either.

Still plenty of points to play for, not down yet!

• March 19, 2014 at 13:35

Gotta funny feeling. .Leeds 1 Millwall 2

• March 19, 2014 at 14:24

@ozeyn117: Stranger things have happened. Look at Yeovil for instance, who would have said that they would score three at Wigan in the final 8 minutes.

• March 19, 2014 at 13:50

ozeyn117 - i hope you are right, makes me laugh all the time Robinson would rather have our points then Charlton's game's in hand, look where it has got us, cant see us surviving even if we do beat leeds we have to hope we have more points then charlton, Yeovil and Barnsley as cant see anyone catching Doncaster up as can seem them getting more points, league 1 i think no way of stropping it!

• March 19, 2014 at 13:58

If we are going down let's at least do it FIGHTING in a Millwall way! COYL nothing left behind!

• March 19, 2014 at 14:06

No one from the club has posted anything today even though we have been overtaken by the side who were bottom of this league on Saturday at 3.00pm and we had the points and they had the games in hand, maybe there are a few P45 being handed out and no one wants to try to explain what we are going to do if we drop to Div 1.

Is there no chest thumping about we can come back stronger and we are capible of doing it at the first attempt blah blah blah.

• March 19, 2014 at 14:54

@Barnlion: yes mate dead right..where's any of the staff s*** even the nice girls who sell us tickets would be nice,this is the time the board maoager faos & the tea lady sto6d t6gether

• March 19, 2014 at 14:25

Has Ollie got anytime to manage millwall if he ain't watching the cube he is trying to get the right ingredients for his pie.

• March 19, 2014 at 14:50

Its 99.9% certain that we will be relegated. The Summer will be an interesting period when IH prepares us for life in League 1. The loan signings, short term signings and out of contract players will have gone. Apart from Easter and Marquis no other out of contract players have been offered new contracts so it looks like we will be losing Lowry and Forde hasn't accepted a new offer. Its going to be a complete new squad for the start of next season and we can only hope IH makes some decent signings not more over the hill rejects. I would like to see younger players not quite making the grade at Premiership clubs signed who will have a point to prove. We will still have another year before we can offload some of the other deadwood in the squad unless we can get rid of them beforehand somehow!!!.

• March 19, 2014 at 15:44

I have only seen two games this season. Ipswich away, and mboro at home. Are things actually any better than the lomas era because not one outfield player gave a f*** in those matches. Is it just a case of s*** players playing for a s*** club and hoping they will get a contract elsewhere in the summer? Or does Holloway know what he is doing? Ten games to go.

• March 20, 2014 at 08:11

On the face of it you would have to say no..& the 2nd part 47 correct..murst say the actual football has got better..so wot ever happens there will a huge rebuild