Millwall boss left "devastated" by Brighton penalty decision

© Edmund Boyden
© Edmund Boyden

IAN Holloway described the penalty awarded against Millwall in their 1-0 defeat to Brighton as one of the worst decisions he has ever witnessed.

The Lions manager revealed he had spoken at length to referee Geoff Eltringham about the match-deciding spot kick given to the Seagulls by the Durham official.

Captain Danny Shittu was penalised for an alleged foul on Manchester United loanee Jesse Lingard, who appeared to make the most of minimal contact in the area.

Holloway waited almost an hour after the final whistle before speaking to the press and remained composed when asked for his thoughts on the decision.

"I've spoken to the referee," he said.

"I don't think they can fine me [for what I'm about to say], and I've promised my wife that I won't get fined again.

"The last time I got fined was after the first game of the season against Tottenham when a penalty was given against Dean Moxey, and this one is even worse than that.

"I can only say what I saw and I've watched it back four or five times.

"In fairness to Brighton, they're a good team and their movement dragged us out of shape. They took a quick throw in and that has caused a problem for us, which isn't the ref's fault.

"Danny chased him, got back into position but he's got shoulders like the bloke from The Green Mile. I'm thinking it's a goal kick and that's what it should have been.

"If you see the contact, it's shoulder to shoulder if anything – if anything. I can't say that the fella went down too easily because Danny is built like the proverbial.

"It would take more than two shire horses to pull him if he were a cart. Danny was absolutely devastated in the dressing room afterwards.

"I should be sat here saying we deserved a point and the performance was good, but unfortunately I can't do that [because of the penalty].

"The experienced assessors didn't say a word to me after the game. I managed to conduct myself in a manner I'm very proud of – I was fuming on the touchline.

"I don't want my lads to shout at referees because we've been fined £16,000 over the last few weeks for surrounding them after a bad decision.

"The referee's made a mistake, I think it's a genuine mistake, but I've asked the assessors whether officials prepare themselves for the passion this club has got.

"It seems like referees are determined to be fair and impartial to the opposition.

"But if you referee a game with that mindset then you have a slight bias already, don't you? You should walk into this ground trying to be fair to both teams.

"I've asked the senior referees whether they ever felt like that, because that's what it looks like to me. I'm really glad I'm not a referee but I know what they should do.

"I went into their dressing room and told them what I felt in a respectful way, but I've never been so devastated in my life by the softest thing I've ever seen.

"The Dean Moxey penalty cost me a fortune in fines, and this one is twice as bad, if not four times as bad as that one.

"I will feel completely minging and hideous tomorrow morning."

79 thoughts on “Millwall boss left "devastated" by Brighton penalty decision

• March 1, 2014 at 18:45

You're right about the penalty and the officials but we still didn't score, did we? Therefore we lost. End of.

• March 1, 2014 at 18:55

@NICKOLA: I forgot how it's Ollie's fault that Easter can't score from 6 yards. Must have slipped my mind! He obviously has a right to be angry as we played much better than them in the 2nd half and if the penalty hadn't have been given, we probably would have got a point.

• March 1, 2014 at 19:10

@Alan.F: You've got a point Alan but my point is that though it's not the managers fault if we miss a penalty, miss an open goal etc. it is his fault if he can't get the right team and formation in situ. To me, he's been playing the 'biggun' and taken on the role of being the 'Millwall guvnor from Sarf London' rather than utilising his experience and undoubted management skills in trying to get this turned around intgelleigently. He's trying to play like thoroughbred Spanish teams rather than using what we've got, which isn't much.

• March 1, 2014 at 19:10

@NICKOLA: if he doesn't give the pen we wouldn't have needed to score to get a point

• March 1, 2014 at 19:14

@timchimes: A point a game is absolutely not going to be enough.

• March 1, 2014 at 19:26

@NICKOLA: no but against Brighton it is fair enough - we have to beat the likes of Charlton Blackpool Donny Birmingham - one point can be crucial 45 point might stay up this year - last year 52 went down

• March 1, 2014 at 20:18

@timchimes: Well based on your maths and with 13 games left, a point a game will see us end up on 41 points which will see us relegated IMO. To get your 52 points we would need 24 points from our last 13 games or a tad under two points a game.

• March 1, 2014 at 20:54

@NICKOLA</a@JONO: @timchimes: Give Ollie a break - Easter misses a sitter from 6 yards, McDonald somehow gets his head in the way of a Garvin shot that's flying in the corner! When your down there, your luck's out! It's depressing but that's how it is when your down there!

• March 1, 2014 at 18:48

not as minging as we feel right now .how long before you have another breakdown and walk away with more un earnt cash.THE BUCK STOPS WITH YOU HOLLOWAY!!

• March 1, 2014 at 18:51

Three midgets up front bullied by their defence, mcdonalds finishing was hilarious... Our strickers are not prolific enough and can't hold the ball up. Morro was ok by nobody to knock the ball down to... No width no shape

• March 1, 2014 at 18:52

At its most basic level, football is about one thing and one thing only, goals. Once again wall have more possession and more shots both on and off target but once again nothing to show for it.

• March 1, 2014 at 18:56

We were shafted today , no 2 ways about it. We need a bit of good luck to go our way. As for getting on Ollie's back , I don't agree. What more can he do ? Every game so far we've had to resort to plan B rather than getting infront and making the most of it. He's made changes , and is being as reactive as possible to our situation. We're all in this together , cut the man some slack I say.

• March 2, 2014 at 16:45

@Block 8: love your words and bulldog spirit. You are right in what you say, we are all in this together. Next home game is the anoraks and, if we haven't won away before then, what better opportunity could there be to show the new boys what it's like to be on a winning lions team. Let's get behind them, encourage them for trying even when it doesn't come off and show them how we at the den celebrate. COYL!

• March 1, 2014 at 19:02

what the f-ck can ollie do once he has put the playets on the pitch. how is it the strikets are erm not scoring what they are paid to do. its a joke the f-cking lot of them

• March 1, 2014 at 19:22

@DELBOY64: The players have to take their share of the blame, but five of the team today were Holloway's signings and they play to his formation & tactics.

I don't mind Holloway as a bloke, but I think he's a disaster for Millwall. He's come with an over-inflated ego and been arrogant enough to think we can play our way out of trouble, when what was required was some fighting spirit. If he's going to take us down anyway, I'd rather see the likes of Robinson, Abdou and Dunne playing - at least they care about the club.

• March 1, 2014 at 19:13

look same old millwall .these f****** players dont give a f*** ,the players are s*** that no other club wants .no passion no drive .its a f****** joke .i am not parting with a single penny any more.i have had enough.these f****** players must think we are a bunch of mugs well no more.god help us when we go down wants going to happen to our beloved club.cant score to save there lives.cant build a team on hasbins simple as.cant belive he did not give jimmy abdou a game

• March 1, 2014 at 19:14

forget derby - anything there is a bonus - we need minimum 4 pts against Blackpool and Charlton - anything less and we are in massive massive trouble

• March 1, 2014 at 19:24

@timchimes: We need 6 points from those games. Blackpool are on a big downward spiral and if we're ever need to get a result there then it's now. We have to beat Charlton. Not only to put some distance between us but our goal difference is worth a point to them already. Problem is I can only see 2 points from the next three games which is going to leave us in the bottom three looking up. Not a good view with the amount of games we'd have left by then.

• March 1, 2014 at 19:33

It's been a long time since we had somebody to score goals on a regular basis (Chris Wood) and he was a loanee that obviously hadn't lost his touch, since then we have struggled and in my opinion it can only be down to the coaching, Neal Harris was a good striker but that doesn't mean that it rubs off just by being at the training ground, routines, practice, and natural ability all count but if they are not performed at the utmost extent the you end up with second rate players, Lomas had pre-season plus two international breaks to end up a failure, Holloway has had a little jolly to Portugal and two months or so and looks to be going the same way.
    I will not give up until it's all done and dusted lets hope the players feel the same way,COYL.

• March 1, 2014 at 19:42

Tony your a mug

• March 1, 2014 at 19:45

When is Holloway going to learn its too late in the season to change anything by way of formation now playing 4 3 3 don't work as strikers are to far away from each other to support and midfield is over run like today we play 4 3 3 they played 4 5 1 and had so much more time on the ball. if he is going to play Morison as a target man got to play 4 4 2 worked for years before so why not now.

• March 1, 2014 at 20:03

@davep263: Couldn't agree more with the principle. Problem is that to play 442 you need to very good wingers who will track back and two top rate forwards. We have neither. What we have had is managers that sign drivel to try and dig us out of trouble when the intelligent and logical thing to do is to sign quality players ie Wood and Waghorn and beat of any opposition for their signatures. Money well spent and we wouldn't be in this position now if that philosophy had been undertaken. Jackett with his 2 new loanee forwards at the end of his reign-absolute s****. Lomas with the likes of Tampax Chaplow who can only play 30 mins a month before he breaks down. We will however push the boat out for the likes of Justin Hoyte for 18 months because the previous manager said so. What other club operates like this? Smith, Wright, Abdou, Feeney etc. all waiting at the cashpoint machine for Millwall's wages whilst clearly not interested in moving on or more importantly 'down' to carry on their careers and we're still paying them because we have to. We give Marquis a one year contract extension-a reasonable gamble under the circumstances-then bring in new forwards on short term deals to try to keep us up. Papering over the cracks. Time and time again. Ollie has a long contract. He has to prove that he knows what he's doing. Half the team that played today were his. The central defence and attack need clearing out and replaced with costly replacements. JB has the money and we aren't going to get a cent for the rubbish that has to go so it's time to eat the losses and move on. We cannot go down beacause we will not get back up again.

• March 1, 2014 at 20:36

@NICKOLA: Obviously theres no way of definitely knowing but why are you so certain we would not get straight up again after relegation?

• March 1, 2014 at 21:15

@Dazi: Several reasons.
          We are a small club with small attendences. That's a fact. Check the average and historical home gates in the Championship over the years for a comparison. We're always right down at the bottom historically. Even when Charlton were in League one they were getting double what we were getting in the Championship. The reasons are many and too diverse to go into here but we all know what they are.
          We are a poorly run club. Always have been. The signing of Hoyte is a classic example of this.
          We have always lacked the financial clout to compete at this level until relatively recently. The came along JB who throws money at Millwall and takes a 5 million a year loss for the priveledge. We then contract managers who throw money at poor or desperate signings or who dither at signing permanently decent players.
          We are the 'famous' Millwall which does unfortunately not attract the type of players we would all like to see and also puts officials and the media against us, yet we all secretly revel in it.
          Our gate today was 12,136 of whom 2.366 were Brighton supporters as per the official Millwall website. Whilst it's true that all paid an entrance fee, the 'actual' home gate was 9,770. Brighton are a well supported team that are doing well. If we get relegated the following is going to happen-
          We'll lose 4k from the 'home' gate.
          The away support will rarely be 2k.
          We won't be able to sign quality players- we won't have the money and they won't want to come. Our recent signings under lomas and Ollie may weel be down to a personality and respect scenario but I doubt that will carry down to league one.
          Every year, the Championship gets tougher. Those that get relegated from the Premiership get parachute payments. Those that come up from League one fall under three categories. They either have a bloody good manager, a large support ( Wolves) or have wealthy directors.
          To finish, I love Millwall. I've followed them in the old Third division, seen them see-saw over the years, seen some first rate managers and some crap managers. It's a different game now. There's no room for little, poorly run clubs. Look at Portsmouth, Coventry, Luton etc. The list is endless. It's wake up and smell the coffee time I'm afraid.

• March 1, 2014 at 21:29

@NICKOLA: Good enough for me. Its a shame though that us fans can see the club is run poorly, as you say the poor signings etc. Yet how they fail to see this as a problem or even change for the better is beyond me.

However saying that maybe the signing of Hoyte and the extension of Marquis contract is to prepare for what they see as a definite relegation?

I do think we have a strong squad for L1 though...

• March 2, 2014 at 05:18

@NICKOLA: Excellent post Nick. Spot on. You have just about summed it up.
            Relegation would be a disaster.

• March 2, 2014 at 11:20

@NICKOLA: well thought out post nic, millwalls an interesting club, there's something unique and sort of unexplainable about it which intrigues people on the outside. I've always looked at it as a sort of brutal poetry which only those born within could ever possibly understand. Feared and loathed is wot ya hear most but that holds it's own special significance which u hope will always be retained as part of the fabric of the club. Who knows how to find the answers to the future but trying to get that balance between developing the whole club and it's relationships while never sacrificing the richness and at sum times turbulent past. One thing that I reckon is the retention of John Berylson , not just because of his financial input but more importantly his guidance and wot appears to be deep passion for the club itself. As I found, you don't have to be born on zampa rd to live and breathe millwall but god love you hard line born and bred crew who have whatever the outcome made millwall such a memorable experience for us all.

• March 2, 2014 at 11:45

@NICKOLA: Very good post Nick, bang on, it's nice to see someone else can see the reality.

• March 2, 2014 at 16:09

@NICKOLA: In reply to your first comment- I agree- I think our situation would be very different if we had signed players like Wood or Waghorn. Wood didn't want to be here though, and to leave at the time he did was a disgrace IMO. Waghorn on the other hand was a realistic prospect and we should've really gone all out to get him- I reckon Ollie would've got him to stay/sign. Another player that comes to mind was Puncheon- quite a while back I know, but again, maybe more could've been done to sign him.
        Don't really know what to make of Abdou and Feeneys situation. Feeney's a good player, not the finished article, but Ollie seems to see something in him. As for Abdou, I thought he would be getting more game time with Bailey being out- and you know you will always get a shift out of Jimmy... Maybe doesn't suite Ollies style of play?
        One player I feel we can't afford to drag our heels on signing is Forde. He's been fantastic since Pressman came in to help improve his game- and I reckon things would be a lot worse without his new found consistency. PLEASE SIGN HIM UP! It's a no brainer IMO. COYL

• March 1, 2014 at 20:03

Never a penalty in a miliion years but as I said last week our strikers have only scored 12 goals all season and despite a spirited second half display, did any of them ever look like they would score, the answer is no. We need to be winning games at home to have a hope of staying up as our away form is awful, a draw at home is no longer acceptable.
    However lets move on to the next game, please please please get 3 points next Saturday. COYL

• March 1, 2014 at 20:13

Yeh, wot can ya say. Shakin me head in disbelief again! Wot ever happens we gotta stay at it and keep supporting hard. It.l turn and when it does we,be lovin it. Got me f***** why we can't score from so many opportunities . Gotta put the belief back in the boys. Keep at it family , don't drop our heads.

• March 1, 2014 at 21:07

@grassgrower: Agree 100%, people should know that it's Millwall, we get nothing, especially when your down there! We got to keep going, there are always going to be setbacks when your down there! got to keep the faith! It's deflating but we just have to be better than 3 teams this season!

• March 1, 2014 at 20:14

not a penalty at all, kinda demoralised the whole squad however we still lack a target man who can score goals for us and also I do not feel comfortable with Malone at LB as I feel that he is more of a LWB or LW. COYL still plenty of games to pull us from the jaws of relegation

• March 2, 2014 at 15:03

@charlierealwall: Yeah I agree with that, I think Malones final pass suffers sometimes because he covers so much ground and runs himself ragged. He's not quite Ashley Cole yet! Maybe a decision needs to made as to focusing on what his most valuable traits are (defense or attack) -and support him with Martin or push him forward into a more attacking role?? I think we would get more consistency out of him on his final delivery with either of these options. Gets on my nerves a bit when people give him a hard time because his work rate is fantastic. COYL

• March 1, 2014 at 20:28

Its simple .... Ollie aint stupid he is paying us lip service to keep the crowds coming ! Safe in the knowledge he has a job next season, so if he can keep the crowds coming it means more money next season. He then gets the oppotunity to get rid of all the s*** left at the club and bring in fresh players ! He needs to keep saying good things otherwise without him at the club right now our attendences would be half what they are now ! This season is a right off, all we can do is hope we get lucky and keep our spot in this league. Or .... We could be the Wolves of league 1 next season and try our luck in the championship the season after

• March 1, 2014 at 20:49

@bleachy81: i was at the den & u got yer your wish morro ( our best striker dropped) still fink we will stay up..u people mite has well support the oppo

• March 1, 2014 at 22:01

@Jim28: I don't see how your reply has any connection to what I wrote earlier ?

• March 1, 2014 at 22:24

@bleachy81: the post i sent 2u was a slip. It was aimed at sum of the posts sent prior...i do fink u hav valid points

• March 2, 2014 at 08:56

@Jim28: There is no correlation to thinking we are going to be relegated and not supporting this club. We are the worst in the division and would be bottom without that statistical blip 3 game winning streak.

• March 1, 2014 at 20:59

The buck stops with the Millwall players, I don't think in ten years time I will remember one of these players. They are all pretty poor. If we get out of this mess, I will think we were very very lucky. Ollie it's not about the ref, you have had enough games.

• March 1, 2014 at 21:05

Shocking decision was directly behind goal and thought ref was pointing for a goal kick! Deserved so much more from the game, but when your bottom things don't go your way, good results elsewhere though!

• March 1, 2014 at 21:25

I can't believe people are getting into Ollie's back already. The rot started with Kenny, Lomas helped it, and Ollie is left with the pieces. If anyone thought he had a magic wand then you were very much mistaken. I wasn't at the game today as I was working, but sounds like another s*** ref has robbed us of a point, just like against Sheffield Weds we were possibly robbed of 3. I can't remember getting so many poor decisions against us in a season, but if we go down, Ollie is the man to bring us back up.
    Let's stop slagging him off and get behind him. This is a massive job, and getting rid of Ollie will help us how?

• March 1, 2014 at 21:51

@the ref: I don't think anyone is citing getting rod of Ollie. We're all intelligent enough to understand the situation he inherited. I think what we want, and I can only speak for myself here, is to stop the ranting and raving about the unjust decisions, the chopping and changing of the starting line-up and formations, putting an arm around players to coerce them into believing they've 'done well' or 'tremendous' when they've played out of position etc. That kind of man management can pay dividends, but not if you don't play them next game.
      Bottom line is this. We need 2 points a game from now on. Anything else, either verbal before or after games is b*******.

• March 1, 2014 at 21:56

We wont go down , theres to much passion in the club to go down we will stay up with 4 points to spare.

• March 1, 2014 at 22:31

@rebecca: don't be to sure, last few games we have been absolutely terrible

• March 1, 2014 at 22:23

I don't see what the posts on here has anything to do with what holloway has said. He was asked about the penalty then u get people moanin for the sake of it. In my view it it wasn't a pen so the FA has tucked us up again. T o s s e r s

• March 1, 2014 at 22:59

@block 28: @block 28:

yes , some posters can't wait to say negative things for the sake of it - how could anyone say we were terrible today - got another bad decision - I am surprised there has been so little anger towards LIngard - the cheat - first game for them and wants to make a name for himself - this is the way modern players are taught to play - to cheat their own professional colleagues - no respect and we wonder why we get incidents like the Pardew one today

• March 2, 2014 at 20:09

@timchimes: From where I was sitting it was a penalty Tim - put it this way, if it was at the other end I'd be livid. That apart, we had as much of the game as brighton but never looked like scoring

• March 2, 2014 at 23:04

@Adsy77777: if it was at the other end I guarantee it would have been a goal kick. When was the last pen we got? I can't remember.

• March 1, 2014 at 23:23

This post is about Holloway being devastated about the penalty decision. No it was not a penalty, Linguard is a cheat and the officials as always, give us nothing and will always seize the opportunity to give everything against us. Fact. Are we really that hated by officials? The penalty decsion has meant the there is no mention of the rest of the game, which without the penalty would probably ended up 0-0. Would we have been happy with a point? In the first half we were very poor, after Morrison came on things improved, however I was sitting in Block 8 and could see closely what was happening in front of Brightons goal in the second half. Appalling, is a good world, embarrasing is another. It was painful watching our players trying to score. Not an idea between them, only one shot was bound for the top corner and one of our own players headed it away. It just seemed to me there was no plan or method to any of their play, dont know whos fault it is but we can not carry on blaming bad decisions for losing games.

• March 1, 2014 at 23:30

When was the last time we scored more than 1 goal in a game? The fact remains no matter how well the team plays or how crap the ref is, the only way to win is to score more goals than your opponents.

I cannot understand or fathom out why Holloway cannot decide on a settled side or formation. He goes on about making big changes for this game and then reverts back to the players like the useless Morison he has dropped in the first place! He is all over the place. Look at past Millwall team with proven strikers who played week in week out who could always be dependend on scoring up to 20 goals a season. IMO he should have kept Easter on, he has not done his confidence any good by taking him off just because he missed a chance. Even the likes of Rooney miss soft goals. It seems Holloway has brainstorms during a game and loses the plot. Good thing he was not the General at El Alamein he would have lost that battle.
    Sorry the buck has to stop with Holloway and his formations and tactics are wanting.

• March 1, 2014 at 23:42

Our strikeforce

Morison - flick ons
    Campbell - criminal
    Jackson - angled runs
    McDonald - ?
    Easter - busy but if you can't score from 6 yards...

enough said.

• March 1, 2014 at 23:43

Stop moaning it's the same shut on here this is our team deal with it if we stay up wel be a much better unit next year,if we go down we will come back stronger get off Ollie back he didn't put us in this kin mess. Sick of the negative s*** on here. Coyl

• March 2, 2014 at 09:19

@cosh1977:
      bunch of f****** pussies on here!

• March 2, 2014 at 01:20

Most of you sound like the players...
    Always moaning......
    Be positive....
    Give ollie a chance, hes inherited a tough situation.
    We will always be there for the badge...
    Bermondsay all the way. Milllllllllllll
    COYL
    Ps
    Be positive like STORMIN NORMIN

• March 2, 2014 at 11:20

@proud.lion: THANK YOU P.LION......NO ONE LIKES US, WE DONT CARE. STORMIN' NORMAN.

• March 2, 2014 at 04:20

Like all of you I'm frustrated as f*** and want to chase sum c*** with a bat but we,l get this show back on track and we,l be better for all the s*** that's gone on in recent times. At least sum of the leaking in defence has slowed and sum positive stuff goin on. Believe me, in aust we have sum massive crowds at afl footy and big atmospheres but nothing I've ever experienced rivals you guys at the den when ya up and about. Get louder and prouder and let's carry our boys to safety.

• March 2, 2014 at 05:02

And a side issue, credit to forde for gettin the finger back in action after his dislocation last wk. not sure how bad it was but gd on him.

• March 2, 2014 at 09:19

Long periods of posession and improving defensive performances, its all moving in the right direction apart from in attack.

• March 2, 2014 at 10:04

Good things: we ain't getting tanked and the midfield has more of the ball.,

Bad things: Strikers are all woefully out of form, no easy solution to that, give one of the youngsters a go, it's a free punt at Derby to do that. They would play without fear. I would even consider playing Shittu up front with Easter playing off him. Morison huffs and puffs but is somehow a shadow of his former self, Garvan looked OK but a little ring rusty. Jury still out on the others.

Is there a quick winger at Tottenham or Arsenal available on loan?

We need to clear the stables out hopefully in the Championship but if need be in Div. 1 . Holloway took after a train crash and it's a monumental task.

Brighton were pony and so were Barnsley and three seasons a go we would have won both 2-0,, we need to keep battling and need some luck and most of all a referee with both eyes open.

• March 2, 2014 at 10:26

Yeah, millwall very good as far as I'm concerned, can't believe a lot of what gets written on here. Thought we defended really well, midfield I thought was excellent, even though outnumbered,ed upson was for me best player on the pitch. But as we all know big problems up front. Ollie seems to have solved most of the earlier problems in defence and midfield, if he can now get the goalscoring side of things improved we will come good. The four we had in midfield yesterday I thought looked really good upson,garven, woolly,williams,and they had five I their midfield, no knocking Ollie from me,thought we played some good football,I think it's coming ,and will happen soon enough.

• March 2, 2014 at 12:43

@bordersarebest0170: We still lost and still cannot score goals, things will improve we are constantly told, the goals will come...just like the government telling us we have turned the corner, austerity today jam tomorrow a lot of rot.

• March 2, 2014 at 12:22

No time to waste waiting for one of the forwards to come good which I dought aanyway two new strikers on loan this week from league 1 where ever

• March 2, 2014 at 13:39

@PECKHAMLAD.: yeah mate,I know we lost,and I know we did not score,I thought I covered that in my post. People on here were moaning about the amount of goals we were shipping, well he's improved that. Lumping the ball long,he's stopped that, really poor defending,he's improved that. People come on here saying we are no better under this manager than the previous,well I totally disagree,I think we are miles better, the results are not, but that was my point,I can see major improvements and when he sorts the other end out more goals and better results will come,and I think soon.

• March 2, 2014 at 18:24

@bordersarebest0170: I do agree with you on that point, Danny Shittu is a different player since IH has taken over and generally the defence is far better, but its the forward line which is letting the side down. All we need is one goal poacher, I though DJ might be that guy however IH keeps altering the front men even during a game. They need to settle and he should scour the lower leagues for a big centre forward.

• March 2, 2014 at 14:05

I have read Ollie's comments every week on here and I'm fed up with the excuses he comes up with, the team he put out yesterday was the strongest we have in my opinion, however with the formation he picks every week they are struggling to know where to run, let's go back to 4 4 2 as the majority of these so called professionals would have only played this way, we had the two smallest forwards in league up front and we still kept kicking it up in the air!!

• March 2, 2014 at 14:05

This is my first post, After reading your comments on this site since the appointment of steve lomas
    I decided to register & have my say on the MILLWALL situation. I have been a millwall supporter for over 40 yrs man & boy and this has to be one of the worst teams I have seen since Pat cuff, Dave Donaldson, Mel Blyth & co IMO, As supporters of the club we all have a rite to a opinion.

As a club we are in disarray from the board down to the players, No one seems to know what role to play in the day to day running of the club, JB has been a great asset to millwall over the years but I think he should listen to the supporters of the club more, We watch the team week in week out & can see which players are giving 100% on the pitch, As for IH, I think he was the wrong choice for millwall, He does not seem to grasp the fact we are in a relegation dog fight & persists in changing the squad around every match. Time is running out & I don't want another six seasons in division one!

• March 2, 2014 at 15:53

@Millwall_Jim: pat cuff. What a crap keeper but entertaining

• March 2, 2014 at 15:58

@block 28: Yeah, Just after he broke his leg haha

• March 2, 2014 at 16:05

@millwall JIM: you say the club is in disarray from the board down.what do you base that on, what do you know that we don't?. I would agree the team has been in disarray because I watch them play. You don't like him keep changing the team ,but we keep loosing so how does he find out his best 11,cos he will only find out in games not in training,and he ain't been here long.before you joined, this site ran a poll, who do you want as next manager( after lomas) it was a landslide in favour of holloway( I think 96per cent wanted him) that includes me. But that's irelevent now cos he's here and will be for a while.

• March 2, 2014 at 18:26

@bordersarebest0170: As far as the board are concerned andy ambler does not have a clue about himself let alone millwall fc or the concerns of the supporters, JB is as far as I`m concerned the best chairman we have had, But its hardly ideal if your chairman is in the states 95% of the time and when big decisions have to be made he has to fly to the uk.

Ian Holloway is a good manager, But when he took the reins what we needed was stability & a team to get us results. So far he has not delivered & Keep changing players every match is not going to get us a winning team. We need points & it doesn't matter how we get them because if we don`t were down.

• March 2, 2014 at 19:51

It was a penalty all day long - I'd have been fuming if it had happened to us and it wasn't given. Problem is, we don't look like scoring!. IH said we've been working on crosses all week, then picks two midgets up front. Sorry to all you bOlliebers, he's taking us down, clueless! Best thing that can happen is he walks away from us too - we cant afford to sack him.

• March 3, 2014 at 00:28

@Adsy77777: their were only two people at the den saturday who fort that was a pen..thats you & the ref...that apart i hought both teams were playing for a draw it was that bad

• March 3, 2014 at 00:44

@Jim28: Just to clarify.....not me!

• March 3, 2014 at 07:56

@Jim28: Where I was sitting (in the East Lower) it looked a penalty to me and the people around me. I actually thought we played ok but we just don't have a cutting edge.

• March 2, 2014 at 19:52

Just an amusing aside here, this season we've had more sending offs than wins and more right backs than sending offs , not sure that often happens

• March 3, 2014 at 09:01

AND I think conceded more league goals than we have used players - and used players in itself is a record @ 40!!

• March 3, 2014 at 11:03

End ov d day Ollie needs to get in 2 strikers asap on loan as our couldn't score in a whorehouse !!!! .. so c if woods wonts to come back as he aint getting a game up at " and Leicester" .. that was our prob last year when woods went we nearly went down .. its the same old story all over again .. put the kids in wot have we got to lose !!!!