"Referees don't like us, I do care," bemoans Millwall boss

©
©

IAN Holloway has been Millwall boss for little over a month, but he has already come to realise that the big decisions rarely go the Lions' way.

Holloway is demanding "fairness" from officials after being left aggrieved by the non-award of a penalty against Bolton last weekend.

The visitors were awarded a spot kick of their own when Danny Shittu was penalised for a handball, and Holloway is growing frustrated by what he sees as double standards.

He said: "I saw two penalties at least. David Wheater dived on the floor and the ref said the ball hit his chest, but I can show you that it didn't and he made himself bigger.

"Is he a goalkeeper or what? I don't understand it, but maybe that is why I am not a trained referee.

"We don't get anything here do we? Not in a million years. No one likes us, we don't care – but I do care, to be honest. I want fairness.

"If it's handball for them, it should be handball for us. I just want referees to get it right."

40 thoughts on “"Referees don't like us, I do care," bemoans Millwall boss

• February 18, 2014 at 10:31

totally agree , there is clearly something going on with the fa. all season the refs have been terrible, surely someone has got to come and see for themselves how unfair they really are towards millwall fc.

• February 18, 2014 at 10:32

Welcome to Millwall Ollie they've never liked us and never will we play against twelve week in week out it pisses me off

• February 18, 2014 at 10:46

This has always been the case when it comes to MFC and refs, they think they can come to the den and show the fans they won't be intimidated ! Therefore never giving us any decisions and 50/50s in favour of the opposition!
    The FA charge for what happened at burnley is a fine example they hate us, as when a team gives away a dodgy penalty the players usually rare up at the ref, but when MFC do it were charged!!!

• February 18, 2014 at 10:46

Does anybody remember that ref we had against Peterborough a few years back. The one that let us re-take that penalty about 3 times. Get him back down the Den!

• February 18, 2014 at 11:09

@Syd the Lion: remember the game well we won 2-0 and Gary Alexander took the first 2 and missed, but this was down to the linesman not the ref !!!! Dave Martin took the third and buried it in the net, was particularly gutted that Gary Alex missed as I had a bet on him to get the first goal !!!!

• February 18, 2014 at 10:58

Refs are like police, more corrupt than the people they are policeing. There were two handballs in the penalty area on Saturday, shittu's which fatty sees , wheater's which fatty don't see. I am looking straight across and clearly see wheater on his knees drag the ball sideways with his hand, the Lino is more or less in front of me , so can see what I can ,and he gives nothing, cheating plain and simple.

• February 18, 2014 at 11:02

: we could get dj to help the matches go more in our favour, if you know what i mean.

• February 18, 2014 at 11:16

@hams: why do all my comments duplicate

• February 18, 2014 at 12:13

@hams: Not sure. Do you have a stutter?

• February 18, 2014 at 12:36

@hams: sometimes there mite be a problem sending...this dosen't mean to say the aint sent..

• February 19, 2014 at 08:34

@hams: when it says failed to publish don't believe it! It usually has.

• February 18, 2014 at 11:00

@SYD THE LION. That ref was probably given instant sacking for giving us something mate

• February 18, 2014 at 11:17

Thank you IH finally a manager that says exactly the same as us supporters!! The F.A will now know we are being conned by these poor refereeing decisions, I wonder if things will change and the F.A will tell them to be fair! I doubt it but Ivan always hope

• February 18, 2014 at 16:35

@millwall-1988: To be fair, Lomas said exactly the same, but by then everything he came out with was seen as an excuse.

• February 18, 2014 at 11:41

We have always had s*** refs. But this season must be the worst refs I have ever seen. It's obvious the FA hav had a hand in it. What happened to fair play We are millwall & we do f****** care.

• February 18, 2014 at 11:54

We always get s**t refs but the bournemouth away game was something else. I reckon that ref had been watching that old macdonalds advert for inspiration. Perhaps we should send the referees assocation some free eye tests at spec savers vochers .

• February 18, 2014 at 12:02

S*** refs we only get s*** refs we only get s*** refs..come on Ollie join in.

• February 18, 2014 at 12:10

We will probably face a misconduct charge for this and get fined again. But we'll said IH....

COYL!!!!

• February 18, 2014 at 12:51

In the FA's eyes I assume they see it as payback for us mugging them off infront of the planet against Wigan at Wembley. Still doesn't make it right though.

• February 18, 2014 at 13:36

@JonnyBanks: how can the semi be to blame...when this has been going on for has long has i've been going which stems back to seventee's...didn't the mental one ring jackett be3ore he took the post

• February 18, 2014 at 23:55

@Jim28: And we have been playing up since the seventies haven't we? We make many rods for our own backs and being a pain in everybody's a*** is there for all to see Jim. If you did not support Millwall and was a fan of a family driven club (let's say Norwich) could you find an argument that would lean towards football being a better place without Millwall?

• February 19, 2014 at 01:41

@JonnyBanks: wot do you mean playing up..if its kicking of you mean say it..& if you remember everyone was kicking of that includes bloody norwich...football would not be the same without MILLWALL who are the fa gunna fine for no reason

• February 20, 2014 at 00:10

@Jim28: We KICK OFF/cause trouble more than anybody Jim. Look I love who we are and what we stand for BUT let's not play the victim on this, we let ourselves down in full view over and over again. My dad served time for violence, I am not slagging it off one bit, but nit picking over little Norwich incidents etc is ridonkulous. Our reputation proceeds us for a reason ....... We kick off more and at bad times PR wise than most. Fact.

• February 18, 2014 at 13:44

We always play against 12. COYL

• February 19, 2014 at 11:31

@WestKentLion: I make it 13 with the linos mate, they get it wrong as well.

• February 21, 2014 at 01:25

@mfc1rob: u forgot the fourth official

• February 19, 2014 at 11:33

@mfc1rob: my bad haha 14, the numbers are too close together on my phone lol

COYL!!!!

• February 18, 2014 at 17:24

Why dont Ambler take footage to the fa with him and them hiw sh1t the refs have been

• February 18, 2014 at 18:43

@">DELBOY64< ambler won't go to the FA coz he ain't got the stones.

• February 19, 2014 at 01:46

@block 28: ambler have you lost your voice..if you have send em an email. Or a memo

• February 18, 2014 at 20:00

Whatever Millwall do they will have the book thrown at them. IH can expect a call from the FA to explain what he means, that's what they normally do isn't it and then fine him for his troubles. How many times have we got the sh1t end of the stick from refs, last season James Henry gets kicked up in the air at home and gets booked for diving. Then we play Blackburn and Grant Hanley dives and gets a penalty, even Adrian Durham called him a cheat on Talksport afterwards. As mentioned Ambler should take a video to the FA and show what we get and start with Leeds away last season, Leeds get TWO penalties and again James Henry gets lumped and nothing. Look on Aldo's twitter page to see the marks on Henry's shin and that's with pads on. The list goes on.

• February 18, 2014 at 21:46

most of the refs that are sent to do our games trained at the stevie wonder school for refs. ollie you will just have to get used to it, I've been watching the wall since 75 and its always been the same.

• February 18, 2014 at 21:47

We got to defend ourselves so why not take footage and see what FA do about all the sh1t refs, what we got to lose

• February 18, 2014 at 22:38

I more then anyone would feel gutted if we was relegated especially as I have have 80+ staff working for me and I put walls name on the highest pedestal you can imagine, but all this probert and other crap ref talk won't help and yes it's always been the same, but you know what only two years ago when we finished top ten in the championship there was no problem. Do you know why we was scoring goals end of. Come on wall ffs.

• February 19, 2014 at 02:39

New to the site but been reading for a while. Every game I go to wall I see bad decisions, sometimes shocking ones which are quite frankly a disgrace, but it has become a joke over the last few seasons. I can't see how we get prosecuted so vehemently as opposed to other clubs. I think the Premier League can be discounted as that is a comedy league anyway with the sh** they can do and get away with due to television and the amount of money it brings in. But the hypocrisy the FA show when they fine us for things Liverpool, United, Arsenal do every week is disgusting and we can't expect to get ANYWHERE unless they stop these 'referees' making the frankly foul, obscene, down right unfair decisions they make, week in, week out. I'm sick of turning up, paying through the nose and having to stomach this sh** every week. I will be at Charlton, Brighton and Forest but if IH's words have sunk in I will be VERY surprised. We'll just get f**ked over yet again.

• February 19, 2014 at 10:13

Just let things be fair and even for everybody, if it's a free or a penalty that's that but be consistent for all teams. Not much to ask!!

• February 19, 2014 at 19:36

Maybe Peter G should get a petition going for fair play by refs and officials .

• February 19, 2014 at 21:20

Is there no one monitoring these referees? I cannot remember the last game at home that we had a good ref. Too many come to us with obvious pre conception's on Millwall FC and I believe that being an arrogant, antagonistic a*** makes a Championship Referee. We can only wish and hope we get our fair share of non bias refs in the very near future...... But wont hold my breath