Trotter: Bolton can turn Millwall fans against their own team

©
©

LIAM Trotter will be doing everything he can to help Bolton beat Millwall.

The ex-Lions midfielder, who moved to the Reebok Stadium on loan in January with a view to a permanent deal, is ineligible to play in Saturday's game between the two clubs.

But he admits he will be giving his new teammates and manager Dougie Freedman the lowdown on what to expect at The Den.

"I'm only on loan so I can't play, unfortunately," Trotter told the Bolton News.

"I was there for four years so I know it inside out. I'll be giving as much advice and help as I can. It'll be tough down there, I know that much.

"Millwall are a team on the up and Holloway has come in and done well.

"It is a difficult place for away sides, a good atmosphere, and everyone knows the fans are very, very passionate and try to get behind the team.

"But at times you can turn them against the team. That's what Bolton have got to try and go down there and do."

67 thoughts on “Trotter: Bolton can turn Millwall fans against their own team

• February 13, 2014 at 10:51

F*** off trotter you lazy c***, hope we do those c****

• February 13, 2014 at 19:40

Shame the lazy c..t can't play, he's been a f..kin wage thief for the last 2 seasons and now can't wait to beat us. Hope the c..t sits behind the away dugout, he'll get f..kin ruined.@sadlier89:

• February 13, 2014 at 10:58

As if we care at all what he says.The most overrated footballer we have ever had.

• February 13, 2014 at 10:59

They're still trying to get your ego out of the dressing room door. Please defalte it and take it with you.

• February 13, 2014 at 11:08

What a load of s**t, please explain how he thinks Bolton can make us turn on our own team. I love the bit about he will give advice and help to Freedman, this comes from someone who played when he wanted to, ran when he wanted to, occasionally made a tackle and was not much of a team player. Real shame, could have been a decent player, always thought he was better than he really was.

• February 13, 2014 at 11:30

@rikkiatwall: He might not be playing, but I bet he gets plenty of abuse after this.

• February 13, 2014 at 13:31

@rikkiatwall: Although most of what Trotter is talking about is complete b******* there is one part which is certainly true..... getting home fans to turn on our team!!

I have seen it often enough down the den, teams come here play at a high tempo and within the 1st 15 minutes our own fans aren't signing to get behind the players (which we were renowned for), they s*** off our own (like Bywater against Reading and constant slating of our players during the game).

I remember when opponents scored and we would all let out a loud MMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLWWWAAALLLLLL.... which completely drowned out the celebrations from the away fans, now all I hear now is "get up you f***ing c***" to our own players.... I'm sorry but where is the logic in that?

Don't know what has changed over the past couple of years but there is a lot of negativity hanging over the place than there ever used to be and maybe why The Den isn't such a fortress anymore and teams aren't scared of coming to our place, just a thought.

• February 13, 2014 at 14:03

@Bradders: spot on bradder,s,after the reading game williams was standing clapping the crowd and so called fan,s around me were shouting abuse at him.those fan,s need to take a long look in the the mirror,because the position we are in we just have to support all the team no matter what.

• February 13, 2014 at 15:30

@jim1222: jim i've been going for 45 years & ithink most of wot the other fella said was cobblers...its been like this for the past 10years...no one can say that of the old den.when we sang from the 1st to the final minute..there were quite alot wot got on the players backs..no matter the score..moving to this cosy stadium we have got a lot more tolarent...but when it comes to derbies& leeds the atmosthere chamges

• February 13, 2014 at 15:51

@Jim28: Jim, ever since I have been going Millwall there has always been positivity towards our players (whilst giving grief/treatment for 90minutes to the opposing team) don't see the point in getting on players backs, but keen to know why you think it would urge them on to play better??

Do you not feel by getting behind players they will always work hard for the fans? Also if a player makes a mistake and you call him a c*** do you think he will do it again or play better??

I'd love to understand your philosophy

• February 14, 2014 at 20:51

@Jim28: Jim you are spot on in most respects, but, in 58 years of going to Millwall, I have to say old Den and New Den if our fans didn't see the team or individuals giving their all they got stick. And that included Harry Cripps, Dunphy et al....if they weren't performing.
            What has changed is the way the crowd reacts now to going behind. In the great 59-game undefeated run what used to startle the opposition was the sudden noise and aggression of the fans to revive the team. They dragged many a game back with their ferocity.

• February 13, 2014 at 16:57

@Bradders: my pilosophy is to see both people's opinion.because everyone has one you mite not like some.but i was only conveying wot i have witnesed over the years..as a millwall player who has sserved this club well(trott) be ridiculed..?

• February 13, 2014 at 11:15

Bolton can get f***** and so can trotter, there's the door, shut it on the way out!!!

• February 13, 2014 at 11:19

I hope Bolton get relegated.

• February 13, 2014 at 11:39

What exactly does he think he can do to help Bolton? "Well Doggie, little secret for you, I reckon you'll have to score more goal than them and that should do it".

• February 13, 2014 at 11:50

@Bayern_Lion: Also they have a right lazy t*** in midfield who only turns up 1 in 6 games and relies on that to justify his reputation as a great player...oh, hold on a minute.....

• February 13, 2014 at 11:49

Expect no less, he isn't really our player anymore so no hard feelings. Gotta say though, I prefer to play a Bolton team with Trotter in his current form, I reckon we'd boss that midfield.

• February 13, 2014 at 11:51

You horrible c***!!!
    Let's get a big crowd down the den on Saturday, get a win and laugh are heads off at flash boy Trotter!

• February 13, 2014 at 12:04

Let the c*** play! Nothing would give more pleasure then seeing him going down with Bolton.
    Well not strictly true
    1. We stay up
    2. Vermin get relegated
    3. Nigels get relegated
    4. QPR stay in our league
    5. Chavrlton stay in our league
    6. Bolton and Blackpool go down
    7. KJ brings Wolves up
    8. Lomas gets a kicking

• February 13, 2014 at 16:31

@<millwall-loyal82:like the sound of number 8

• February 13, 2014 at 12:11

he runs when he wants he runs when he wannnnts liam trotter he runs when he wants

• February 13, 2014 at 12:14

Worrying signs that we can't tie down players, patiences till the end of the season then we need to invest in becoming a attractive club for youngsters of are own, I write this as I see a young chap on loan from Cardiff to sheff wed adeji oshilaja, centre back but some how never got a trial for millwall but lived a stones throw away, Now playing championship football at 20. Plus Conor wilkinson is a sore subject as we rejected a bid from benfica but yet went to Bolton ?
    Scout team ? Not just one bloke and a pretend database. The most community friendly football club but no youngster getting playing time.. Lowry captain at the end of the season might screw his head (mascat) 6 defenders
    6 midfields 2 keeps 3 strikers and youth players to fill gaps.
    Burnley are setting the exsample...

• February 13, 2014 at 12:24

No one like us, and not many like TROTTER !

• February 13, 2014 at 12:36

Like you said Trotter, you are on loan let's hope Bolton can't or won't pay the 400k fee for your sorry a*** and you end up back here..I look forward to abusing you! Lazy b******!

• February 13, 2014 at 12:46

call him back off of hes loan.make him pick up litter for remainder of hes contract.good riddance !!!!

• February 13, 2014 at 12:49

"I was there for four years so I know it inside out..."
    Funny thing is Trotter, most of the time we forgot you were on the pitch due to your laziness!

'Liam Trotter, he runs when he wants....'

• February 13, 2014 at 13:23

Cock.

• February 13, 2014 at 13:34

Although most of what Trotter is talking about is complete b******* and I now can't stand the C*** there is one part which is true..... getting home fans to turn on our team!!

I have seen it often enough down the den over the past couple of years, teams come here play at a high tempo, press the ball up the pitch and within the 1st 15 minutes our own fans aren't signing to get behind the players (which we were renowned for), they s*** off our own (like Bywater against Reading and constant slating of our players during the game) for making mistakes.

• February 13, 2014 at 14:07

@Bradders:

Yes Bradders +1 to this.

Opposition teams are starting to spot we're easily rattled and the team is underconfident. We fans have been much better under Holloway (aside from the disgraceful treatment of Bywater), but we need to keep it up.

Looking fwd to saturday 🙂

• February 13, 2014 at 14:43

@Bradders: Very true, we do jump on our players when things go against us however I think we've seen more of this in the last couple of season because our players have frankly not performed or giving us the performances we expect.
      When our players ALL put in 110%, it's not often we get beat down the Den. There just haven't been enough of those performances over the last 2 seasons and too many of our players thought they were either better than what they actually are or too good to play for our club.
      Ollie just needs to do whatever he can to keep us up this season. If he can do that, I think we're in for happier times next season.

• February 13, 2014 at 14:56

@Syd the Lion: Exactly, I'm not saying it's been going on for 5-10 years.... only the last couple of seasons! Your right it hasn't been good enough, but should we be slagging our own players off or trying to "gee" them up and get behind them??

Even if players don't put in the effort, do you think they are likely to put more in with you calling them s*** or c***s??? or likely to react to a bit of a confidence booster or chanting their name or singing for the team???

• February 13, 2014 at 15:41

@Bradders: Sorry mate, but if I see a player not putting in 100%, I'm not gonna start singing his name. I'll tell him to buck his ideas up or words to that effect.
          All I'm saying is if the players gave 110% every game, they wouldn't be getting slagged off the way they have.
          These players don't know how fortunate they are to play for Millwall FC and also get paid thousands of pounds a week.

• February 13, 2014 at 15:56

@Syd the Lion: I absolutely agree with you, but if you f***ed up at work and your boss called you a C*** would you work harder or be p***** off for the rest of the day... no matter how much or how little you get paid doesn't mean you can call someone a C*** for making a mistake!!

If I worked at McDonalds I'd try my hardest to make those burgers like the adverts, but if I make a mistake and the gherkin slips out, then I don't expect my greasy faced boss to rant, rave and swear at me for such a small mistake!!

• February 13, 2014 at 16:26

@Bradders: There's a difference between fu#king up and not putting a shift in.
            Of course we all f##k up, but if you go to work and do f##k all, all day your boss should be able to call you a lazy c##t.
            That's the problem with the world today, to many work shy c##ts !

• February 13, 2014 at 14:04

As I said yesterday, since he went to Bolton , sub after 70mins in first game, sub after 60 mins 2nd game . He's been sussed already, and that's after all that fitness training we gave him.

• February 13, 2014 at 14:24

W--ker what the f--k does that lazy t--t know milllllllllllllll

• February 13, 2014 at 14:45

Thanks trotter, you have just give the best 12 man in football his voice back! NOW F*** OFF YOU LAZY TWO BOB C***!

• February 13, 2014 at 14:56

this is rather a non-story- should we be discussingother things

• February 13, 2014 at 15:14

@timchimes: Yep read it, looks like Millwall's fault to me!!! Not turning up to important meetings and not even submitting any proposals.... now the land is gone the club want to do something about it, when it looks like it's too late!

I will of course back our club and want to make sure that Millwall get a piece of the action to safeguard our future, but it could be fighting a losing battle!

• February 13, 2014 at 16:32

@timchimes:the plans that renewal have put together seems pretty straight forward to me. We have the lease for the stadium, they can't change its use.... We get a started up new den in the process. It all boils down to who pockets the wonger.

• February 13, 2014 at 16:40

@les the lion: Really seems that we as a club were not prepared or did not have the expertise within the organisation to properly plan and prepare a realistic bid. Sounds like the horse has already bolted and that best we can hope for now is a negitated compromise with Renewal. what a missed opportunity.

• February 13, 2014 at 19:13

AA is talking on lions live now about Renewal... 7-9pm

• February 13, 2014 at 15:11

So Trotter's words have got all his hater's leading off, forgetting he was our best midfield player over the past few years, especially when it came to passing and scoring a few great goals. I wished he had have stayed we need his inventiveness. But come what may Saturday's game is a must win and the team need all the encouragement and support they can get.

• February 13, 2014 at 15:47

@Peckhamlad: Agree with you but I can't help thinking that Liam's been a bit silly to come out with this - if indeed he said it!

• February 13, 2014 at 15:55

Do one trotter.i hope bolton go down

• February 13, 2014 at 15:57

Thanks a lot liam trotter for getting MILLWALL FANS & THE MILLWALL TEAM MOTIVATED..what a plank

• February 13, 2014 at 16:41

@Jim28: Yep, Ollie can take the morning off now, still be interesting to see if Feeney ups his performance in front of his prospective new employers.

• February 13, 2014 at 16:04

TAXI FOR S******! I mean trotter,or did I get it right first time?

• February 13, 2014 at 16:07

TAXI FOR SHI++ER I mean trotter,or did I get it right first time?

• February 13, 2014 at 16:08

TAXI FOR SHI++ER I mean trotter,or did I get it right first time? COYL!!!

• February 13, 2014 at 16:22

I see the Bolton fans are already making their minds up and taking to Trotter, with one fan on their website describing him as 's player who runs like he is carrying fridge on his back running through treacle'

• February 13, 2014 at 16:43

doesn't trotter no that hes only on loan. two can play that game he must of forgot feeney was on loan there, so knows how they play.

• February 13, 2014 at 17:22

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss
    Haha just like your attitude and commitment
    Predictable
    How obvious was that ??????
    cheers trotts thats the biggest contribution you've made for us this season.
    COYLs what more incentive do we need to mug him off ????? lets get behind the boys from the off and show the trotters what a bell end their new trotter really is.
    Haha, priceless. Lol

• February 13, 2014 at 17:26

How about Bolton find you out, like we did.That you are luxery no team can afford , meaning YOU ONLY RUN WHEN YOU WANT! Bolton go down and decide they aint paying for you! You come back and we all remember your snide comments. BASICLY LIAM YOU HAVE F***** YOURSELF ! SO JOG ON !

• February 13, 2014 at 17:33

@PECKHAMLAD: you say he was our best midfielder, well that's your opinion, which you're entitled to, but for me no, good occasionally ,but since we came up he has looked ordinary. Why did we vote TAM our player of the year( a midfielder ) when trotter was playing

• February 13, 2014 at 18:00

Going to be a interesting game Saturday if Bolton have only one forward and I like what freedman said " We have got people in the team that are capable of scoring goals - like Liam Trotter and Mark Davies," Freedman told the Bolton News.

• February 13, 2014 at 18:26

Millwall fans are the only true fans in the land and for him to talk s*** about us is unacceptable , doubt trotter will be strolling through south London if he can't avoid it

• February 13, 2014 at 18:33

So much hate for Trotts?!

• February 14, 2014 at 03:56

Trotter I never liked him since we won 3-1 vs Coventry. Now I hope beyond hope Bolton go down more than charlton and trotters career ends sharply. He's p***** me off for the last 2-3 years with his lethargic work rate and I hope a piece if satellite shrapnel ends his career on live tv.

• February 14, 2014 at 07:00

Trotter you can f**k off you overrated, lazy c**t. Hope we turn Bolton n that soppy c**t freedman over saturday, enjoy league 1 football you w*****

• February 14, 2014 at 09:28

Was without doubt our most creative footballer but I wish you would keep your mouth shut and not come out with comments like these.
    Glad your not playing though because you would get seriously abused and I for one would not enjoy seeing it.

• February 14, 2014 at 12:43

If Liam Trotter actually said this and the Millwall players see it I think it will rebound big time on his big ego and make our boys play all the better for it.
    Thinks he is a Premier league player but wants to play for a virtually bankrupt club like Bolton!!
    Do not think he will have the guts to visit the den Saturday after these comments.

• February 15, 2014 at 02:49

F***k of trotter you are an over rated piece of s**t. You never put a shift in and never help your team mates out. You are a bottle job who don't want to mess up your Barnet. Muggy c**t