Millwall boss: It is about time my luck at Burnley changed

© Actionplus
© Actionplus

IAN Holloway insists he "does not believe in hoodoos" despite failing to claim a win in his last 11 visits to Turf Moor.

Holloway's Lions face a daunting trip to the home of Sean Dyche's promotion-chasers, who are unbeaten on their own patch in the Championship so far this season.

The Millwall boss has a miserable managerial record in Lancashire, losing eight and drawing three matches since his last win.

However, the Lions are unbeaten in three at Burnley.

But Holloway said ahead of Saturday's game: "None of that matters.

"Even with my previous record there, where I haven't won in a while, I don't think that is relevant. I'm going there with Millwall now and they better watch out, that's how I feel.

"I've been very unlucky there in the past and I feel it's about time that changed.

"Burnley are a good side and have got a great belief structure going at the moment, whereas ours gets damaged whenever we let a goal in.

"I'd say Burnley are over-achieving this season in terms of their budget, but they've got a spirit and a manager who's been there a while, and they know what they're doing.

"They have got two top strikers as well. They will go long to Sam Vokes and I'm confident we can deal with that, but we'll have to watch what Danny Ings is doing.

"I've got a plan for him which we've been working on this week."

22 thoughts on “Millwall boss: It is about time my luck at Burnley changed

• February 7, 2014 at 09:43

WELL, YOU WILL HAVE STORMIN' NORMAN AND THE REST OF THE MILLWALL SUPPORTERS UP THERE WITH YOU OLLIE, SO DON'T WORRY !!!!
    " NO ONE LIKES US WE DON'T CARE "
    THE STORM..............................RE ASSURES OLLIE

• February 7, 2014 at 09:48

@bermlion: Reassure me norm its going to be hard work getting anything up there! WE LIVE IN HOPE, COYL!

• February 7, 2014 at 09:50

Yes, we are NOT afraid of the Burnley -Lites , we are Super Millwall of South London.

• February 7, 2014 at 09:57

DON'T WORRY, DiggerWall.......................
    NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULT UP AT BURNLEY............................
    THEY WILL KNOW THAT THE MILLWALL FANS HAVE BEEN THERE !!!!!!!
    THERE WILL, AS ALWAYS, BE PLENTY OF " CHANTING - NOISE " AND THE
    MILLWALL PLAYERS WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE SUPPORT THAT
    THEY WILL RECIEVE FOR THE WHOLE 90 MINS ...[ PLUS ADDED TIME ].
    " NO ONE LIKES US , WE DON'T CARE "
    STORMIN' NORMAN...............................ON THE WAY !!!

• February 7, 2014 at 13:07

@bermlion: " lion pride far and wide " millwall men on the prowl again!!

• February 7, 2014 at 09:58

We fear no foe Ollie.
    Let's go for them from the off.
    I'd rather go down all guns blazing. Let's see how good they are when we take a shock 2 nil lead.
    COYL.

• February 7, 2014 at 10:01

Well.. I'm once again one of the crazy sods going.. But what do I care, doing what I love.. Following Wall up and down the country. Think it will be an interesting game tomorrow, think we have a new dynamic to the side and anything can happen I guess.. Right? COME ON WALL!

• February 7, 2014 at 10:09

@Omer Ronayne:
      YES, Omer Ronayne, WHO CARES???....................
      AND I LOVE THE SOUND OF " NEW - DYNAMIC " ITS AS GOOD AS THE
      "PLANET - OLLIE " ....................
      SEE YOU UP THERE MATE !!
      " NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE "
      STORMIN' NORMAN......................LOVES THE NEW MILLWALL TERMINOLIGY !!!!

• February 7, 2014 at 10:05

Boys have you signed this?

• February 7, 2014 at 10:14

@Dazi:
      YES, JUST DONE IT !!!!
      THE STORM HAS SIGNED UP...............
      " NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE "
      STORMIN' NORMAN

• February 7, 2014 at 10:22

Just wondering if Millwall are going to appeal the red card for Lowry in light of the FA's 'another look' at Carroll's.

• February 7, 2014 at 10:57

@NICKOLA: I don't think Trevor Brooking & Co see us in the same light.

• February 7, 2014 at 10:25

Its a marathon and not a sprint Ollie, just get the lads to put in a battling performance and so long as we see improvement we are right behind you and the team.

• February 7, 2014 at 10:28

I think burnley are the ones that should worry about hoodoos. We always do well up there. So com Ollie cheer up we coming home with the bacon. In your case the chickens.

• February 7, 2014 at 10:57

I appreciate everyone optimism but anything other than a loss has got to be deemed as a result for us.

• February 7, 2014 at 12:29

@Windy: windy m8 we can get a win..we can win.we can win...is it working

• February 7, 2014 at 12:41

@Jim28: Haha............No, it aint!!! Dont get me wrong on our day we can turn anyone over, but we have 2 or 3 new players to bed in, we don't have our first choice CB pairing and our GK is proper s***!!!!........If we win I will re name my profile name to "i'm a pessimistic c***!!!"

• February 7, 2014 at 11:20

I feel much better now Ollie knowing that you aint won up there in 11 games lol hopefully they will under estimate the mighty Wall

• February 7, 2014 at 12:45

@ I'm a pessimistic c***, looking forward to your first post.

• February 7, 2014 at 13:13

@wall2wall: In general life i'm not a pessimist, it's just Millwall have done my nut in over the past couple of years and my expectation is '0' Hoped to be proved wrong... COYL

• February 7, 2014 at 13:27

@I'm A Pessimistic C**t:
        Cue the applause. You signed up earlier than I thought.
        I was only joking about your next post as I was hoping for a win.
        I am optimistic by nature but still doesn't stop me from being realistic. As you say the last couple of years have been very frustrating.
        If we do win tomorrow I think you should keep the name personally or at least why our winning run lasts. COYL