Holloway to appoint assistant before signing new players

©
©

IAN Holloway believes "the structure must be right" at Millwall before he can contemplate doing any deals in the January transfer window.

Holloway admits he is likely to buy and sell players this month but his first priority is to appoint a number two.

"I need some help coming in," he said. "I'll be looking at that first before I bring players in because the structure has got to be right.

"Without structure there's no conveyor belt to produce what you're looking for."

The Lions will play an inter-squad friendly against each other at the club's training ground on Tuesday as Holloway bids to assess every player at his disposal.

"I will have a look first at who I didn't pick on Saturday," he said. "I am going to see all of them today and we'll see after that how many signings we might need.

"We might have to move one or two out because the balance isn't right.

"I'll be honest with people, that is all you can be, and then hopefully bring someone in that might make all the difference and before you know it things will be feeling better."

Last weekend, Holloway was reminded of the impact a new signing can make when Nahki Wells, Huddersfield Town's big-money buy, stepped off the bench to score the winner.

"They signed Wells, he lifted them and got the winning goal," Holloway said. "Maybe without him they wouldn't have won the game."

"Is £1.2million cheap these days? If it is, there's something wrong with the bloody world but that's a fantastic signing.

"He's a wonderful lad and I like the little fella [Duane Holmes] they brought on as well.

"How outrageous is it that we're now saying that amount of money is [a good deal], and he's from a League One team! Where are we going with all of this?

"The minute some of these top players start getting £250,000-a-week and are worth as much as £80million, what sort of attitude will they have? I'm very old school."

Even though Millwall suffered a last-minute defeat in Holloway's first game in charge, the 50-year-old believes his new charges will be better for the experience.

"I even enjoyed the goal because it taught me that the lads didn't know about pressing the midfield line," he said.

"If you're in a war and you let them breach your backline, you're in trouble aren't you?

"What are the frontline doing? You used to have archers and cavalry and it's all about where you put them – read the Battle of Agincourt.

"I've always had the mentality of being outnumbered.

"I've never had the chance to have all the horses and bigger numbers like some managers have – they just walk in and get the Tottenham job, and that doesn't happen to me.

"I'm completely in my element here because I feel I can get a spirit going here that will be so strong that it will be hard for anyone else to take us on."

Right back Paul Connolly yesterday left The Den after his short-term deal expired, while former West Brom defender Gabriel Tamaș has been linked with a move to the Lions.

112 thoughts on “Holloway to appoint assistant before signing new players

• January 14, 2014 at 09:49

Don't feel like you have to wait before sending a few players on their merry way though Ian....

• January 14, 2014 at 19:17

@rickygri: 2-0 loss to the u21s doesn't look good for most of 1st team eh looks like Marquis was out to prove a point with both goals

• January 14, 2014 at 09:56

He needs to decide on his backroom staff before buying & selling, imo. I still believe our current squad is up to keeping us in the division but the right No.2 to push Ollie's ideas, formations & tactics is a must.

• January 14, 2014 at 10:00

Good on ya Ollie for chipping ya way thru and setting good structures in place. As for blokes earning big bucks, they all get a start sum where and would be wise for them all to remember that they build their careers thru deeds on the pitch. Those actions can go either way!!

• January 14, 2014 at 10:03

Need to get new players ASAP as well as get players out as the current squad is not up to the job, 5 wins out of 25! So hurry up and appoint your number 2 IH.
    As we are slipping down the table every week and I don't really want to watch MFC play Crawley and crap like that next season in league 1 !!!!

• January 14, 2014 at 10:03

Good to see someone fired up and positive/pragmatic approach. Agree we need to shift some out as too many sub standard or past it players. Welldome so far Ollie.

• January 14, 2014 at 10:05

If we dont get a few additions in to galvanise this squad then I am not so sure about survival and think it will go right to the wire.
    I assumed that he would bring a few in by the end of the month. Hope he does or my optimism will be tested.

• January 14, 2014 at 10:07

I RECKON MR HOLLOWAY IS GOING TO HAVE HIS EYES OPEN ON SATURDAY WHEN HE STEPS INTO THE LIONS DEN AN FILLS THE WHOLE CROWD BEHIND WHAT HE IS LOOKING TO DO FOR THIS CLUB................. DEFO A MILLWALL WIN ON SATURDAYY......... COME ON YOU LIONSSSSSSSSS

• January 14, 2014 at 10:13

OKAY, SOME SAYING THAT THEY DON'T WANN SEE MILLWALL FC.................
    THEY WANNA GET DOWN THERE AND SUPPORT THE PLAYERS IN PERSON !!!!
    I KEEP SEEING " WEB -SITER'S " ON HERE SAYING THEY HEARD MILLWALL PLAYED WELL, REPORTS
    THAT SOME PLAYERS WERE NOT UP TO IT, OR ON THE BBC COMMENTARY WE WERE POOR !!!
    [ DON'T WAIT TILL WE GET TO WEMBLY, AGAIN..............45,000 MILLWALL ]
    ==============
    " NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE "
    STORMIN' NORMAN

• January 14, 2014 at 13:15

@bermlion: Problem is Barn is that not everyone lives round the corner son! I live 120miles away and try to get to the den once every couple of months because thats all my bank balance will allow me to do! Just coz you can't get to every single game doesn't mean your just a "web-siter" as you put it. £200 day out with travel and spending. Like to see you do that week in week out! D*******!

• January 14, 2014 at 13:49

@bermlion: @kempo_123:

I see both your points, and (for once) find myself behind Bermlion, this is the time to start getting behind the club however we can. Like Kempo, I live a fair way from The Den at the moment.

That doesn't stop me buying gear from the club shop and paying subscription to lions Player for the away games. I've got to say though, even though I do live far away, Five hours round trip on a train is worth it when you get down there and hear us all.

My thoughts on this are simple, we aint the most numerous of supporters for the standard of club we are aspiring, in which case we need to 'support' it how you can, within your means. Doesn't mean we have to shout about what we're doing and comparing that to what other people do, its about doing your bit regardless.

These new FA regulations means JB can only bank roll us within the scope of how much we are willing to bank roll ourselves. (attendence, merchandise, subscription costs all contribute to our transer budget.)

• January 14, 2014 at 15:22

@kempo_123: calm down, doubt berms comment was aimed at fans living no where near the ground. But you knew that already.

• January 14, 2014 at 18:55

@kempo_123: I'm with you on this as I too live 145 miles from the den and being a pensioner I begrudge paying out good money and a full day just to see a load of rubbish, start playing good winning football and the crowd will soon grow towards the 20,000 mark,

• January 14, 2014 at 15:06

@bermlion:
      Some have not got the funds mate. Like me. I will pick and choose my games. Does that not still entie me to an opinion. Having been going 40 years. Season ticket holder for 15 yrs. But I suppose u are more Real Wall than me

• January 14, 2014 at 17:36

@stmarylion: I agree St Mary! If I had the funds and lived within a 20mile radius of The Den I'd be down there a lot more often. Like Lions_claw, this doesn't stop me having an intense love for the club and supporting through club shop purchases and Lions Player subscriptions. All these "Real Wall" or "just a websiter'" comments irritate me. To be fair, people should be proud that support for the club spreads further than SE16.

• January 14, 2014 at 16:25

@bermlion: just like to say i been c the mtches at the den...but i i do understand that sum fans cant be there..as mucq as they would like...a lot do shift work for an example...my nephew is a season tct holder.& he well gutted (new job)...then there fans (no job) got 2 live on £71

• January 14, 2014 at 21:36

@Jim28: we all got our different situations, it doesn't make anyone more or less passionate than the next, I can't see the games either but love getting on these pages to share the millwall feeling and we just got support hard always , at the ground or at the shop or wherever so no one is ever in doubt that millwall people are at it and up for it! You're all f***** mad, I luv it!!!!!

• January 14, 2014 at 16:48

To an extent I agree with you mate, living in South East London I can't swing a cat for "Wall" fans who have opinions but every home game I go to the ground is half empty... In fairness the results and performance have been poor over the last year but this is no excuse. If people want millwall to continue to compete at this level, forget higher we need to be getting bigger gates to a)bank roll wages/transfers b) attract investment and c) create an atmosphere to attract the right type of players? And I agree money can be an issue, tickets ain't cheap however struggle to see why clubs in lower earning areas of the country can fill grounds much bigger than ours... And let's not blame levels or results as there are many clubs in our division that achieve double the gates we do? Fact is we need more of the soccer saturday viewers to get off the armchairs and financially support the club otherwise league1&2 is where we'll end up regardless who's in charge!

• January 14, 2014 at 10:22

Just being reading about Tamas, seems he has spent half of his career getting disciplined for drinking, including drinking during a training session. Just hope this is just a rumour. Would not have thought IH would want that sort of aggrevation.

• January 14, 2014 at 10:27

Aldo, or anyone, is Mick Hartford still with us.

• January 14, 2014 at 10:32

@sups8892: Hope not. With regards to Tamas, hasn't had a club since September, so not sure how fit he is going to be, but evidently not a bad CH, and filled in at RB at West Brom. I think there will be a few in & outs this month, and a much more energetic team, well, we can only hope.

• January 14, 2014 at 10:53

@beedoscores: Judging by his Wikipedia entry, Tamas has had a few clubs and a couple of disciplinary issues. On the other hand at one of the clubs he was voted club captain by his team mates, which is a good sign. As far as I'm concerned, if he can come in and solidify our defence I don't care how many drinks he has. In fact I'll buy them for him

• January 14, 2014 at 10:34

@sups8892: WELL HE STILL IS WITH US BUT JUDGING BUT THESE COMMENTS HE AINT GONNA BE THERE FOR LONG!

• January 14, 2014 at 11:20

@sups8892: Yep in charge of scouting new players

• January 14, 2014 at 12:43

@sups8892: Apparently, yes, still with us as assistant manager but I'll happily stand corrected.

• January 14, 2014 at 10:33

First singning the Man city ref..everyone has one

• January 14, 2014 at 10:48

Im going out on a limb here but I think he might be the first Millwall manager to reference the Battle of Agincourt.

• January 14, 2014 at 10:57

@spicerack: Well at least it makes a change from the Alamo. Really looking forward to Saturday.

• January 14, 2014 at 10:59

@spicerack: think your right there mate and 2 fingers to all who have negative thoughts, we need a packed den on Saturday to lift the team if not packed then f****** noisy like the good old days....

COYL!!!!!

• January 14, 2014 at 11:18

@spicerack: The good thing is spicerack we won the battle of agincourt,and it was against all the odd's we were totally out numbered,so IH read's and act's on the correct part's of our history,if he can just tranfer agincourt to millwall we are saved.

• January 14, 2014 at 15:37

@spicerack: I think he used to manage Agincourt Athletic in his early days in management. The battle of Agincourt was a cup game against local rivals Caen Town in the Normandy and District League.

• January 14, 2014 at 10:55

Read the "Battle of Agincourt" blimey up till now its been like Singapore showing the white flag to the enemy before the battle has started. Holloway is going to redraw Millwall's plan and seems to already have in mind what he wants. Appointing a number 2 is urgent as it will take some of the weight off his shoulders. At least he is honest and going to give every player a chance to prove themselves before moving on a few. I hope he can attract a good striker and bolster the defence. When he says "the balance is not right" it shows how SL got it all wrong. I hope the team will be lifted by the fans on Saturday because with belief they can beat Ipswich.

• January 14, 2014 at 11:24

@Peckhamlad: It would seem his number two isn't going to be Harris, Fitzgerald or Harford, which is interesting. I think Bomber and Fitz may have made it clear that are happy continuing in their current roles, so that's OK, but Harford was Lomas' assistant originally so why isn't he considered? Possibly because he seems to have been one of the 'problems' with the Lomas regime. Hopefully, Ollie will get on with it quickly so we can get a couple of players in and out.

• January 14, 2014 at 11:28

@Peckhamlad: Aaincourt...people wonder why i call him the mental one..his humour should be put on a dvd..miles beuer than flannagan...by the way the wont be packed cos millwall's board wont let

• January 14, 2014 at 11:07

Tamas, likes a drink, and is ill disciplined. If he cant get in the team, he can sit in the stands and watch the game with us.

• January 14, 2014 at 17:49

Bloody typical Romanians in the country and they are the first ones mentioned on the transfer list ..be bloody Bulgarians next

• January 15, 2014 at 12:45

@Jim28: coming over here, stealing our footballers jobs!

• January 14, 2014 at 11:07

Tamas has signed for Doncaster on a 6 month deal it has been reported in Romania.

• January 14, 2014 at 11:27

@millwallstephane: great investigation work mate, maybe you should be IH scout in Eastern Europe !!!

• January 14, 2014 at 11:31

@dpendet: I'd f****** love to mate!

• January 14, 2014 at 11:34

@millwallstephane: careful you dont s*** of romania there prime minister will want you to explain yourself

• January 14, 2014 at 12:34

interesting how olly identifies us not closing the fella down in midfield in the build up to huddersfields goal. cos jim was replaced and trotter came on in midfield ,ring any bells???. at southend the other week jim was still chasing and cloing down even in the final mins of the game,don't see any decent offers for trotter,and we are nearly halfway in the window,could be others see him as i do, liability, low work rate, can't tackle,slow,cant head it,not a free kick specialist, rarely scores, makes a decent pass occasionally, look at will hughes and craig bryson at derby,up and down,scoring,making tackles,we need something similar, not the lethargic lump we'v got.

• January 14, 2014 at 12:44

Who's it gonna be..?

• January 14, 2014 at 13:17

Alex Rae 4 his assistant! #Coyl!!!

• January 14, 2014 at 13:23

Trotter should grow and flourish under Holloway's tutelage. I think we will see an even better footballer.

• January 14, 2014 at 15:10

@TheDiceman: Any improvment would be welcome where liam is concerned, and if he can manage to get him to play at his full potential then we would have a "player".

• January 14, 2014 at 14:17

I see the excuses for not coming sat hav already started not all the 45.000 fans at wembley live 200 miles away. And how much do u think Norman spends every week home & away.

• January 14, 2014 at 14:24

lomas for number 2 ?

• January 14, 2014 at 14:28

Everybody seems to be pleased with the boards appointment of Holloway.
    So the very least people can do, money permitting of course is to get yourselves down the Den on Saturday and give him a great welcome.
    I would hope for at least 13-14 thousand.
    Am I kidding myself with that figure?

• January 14, 2014 at 14:51

I for one will be down there on Saturday and hope we have a bumper crowd and 3 points.
      hopefully happy days are back.
      COYL

• January 14, 2014 at 14:52

@wall2wall: There should be 13-14 thousand but will end up about 11-12 thousand me thinks.

• January 14, 2014 at 14:54

@Longfield Lion:
        I'll be dissapointed with 11 thousand Longfield although 11 thousand Millwall equals about 25-30 thousand other fans.

• January 14, 2014 at 17:23

@wall2wall: that's why our home record was the worst in England last season !

• January 15, 2014 at 12:49

@wall2wall: even if it's only 10k the mood will so much better than it's been all season, I expect a lot of noise and a great atmosphere.

An early Ipswich goal could spoil things though!

• January 14, 2014 at 14:33

@ diceman. i don't think trotter will flourish or get better, but i will agree he will probably grow

• January 14, 2014 at 14:57

The only way trotter Might get better is if there's quality players to learn off. something we ain't got.

• January 14, 2014 at 15:00

IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, GET DOWN THE DEN SATURDAY AND MAKE IT ROCK AGAIN! WE ARE MILLWALL AND WE ARE UNIQUE THE BEST 12TH MAN IN FOOTBALL! COYL!!!!!!

• January 14, 2014 at 20:06

I think a lot of our fans who live some distance from SE 16 will make the effort on Saturay to show Holloway what its like at a propper football ground. I reckon 13,000 +

• January 14, 2014 at 15:01

Get jacket in as assistant.

• January 14, 2014 at 15:10

Nice to see we have a manager who seems to know how to actually manage a football club. Ian Holloway will get a good number two, then get the players we need to move forward. Just got to be patient and the results will come.

• January 14, 2014 at 15:33

@harry2310: I agree with your comment but it is very difficult to be patient when the transfer window closes at the end of this month. I hoped he would have made some permanent signings by then and not rely on the loan system to bring in players at a later date. He therefore needs to appoint a number 2 soon or it will be too late.

• January 14, 2014 at 15:53

@denslions: I know what you mean as we're already half way through January. But I'm sure he'll have what he needs, or more or less by the time the window closes.

• January 14, 2014 at 15:21

I would hope IH would have decided on a number 2 and have him in place before Saturday, have no idea who he has in mind but I would like to put myself forward for the role 😉

However this Web sitter cannot be at the Den this weekend due to me having a life and Football being my number 2 and family being my number 1, however if it's ok with the so called Hardcore Fans i will be back down the Den for the midweek game against Sheff Wed.

• January 14, 2014 at 15:27

Inter squad friendly, bet that was a real eye opener for Ollie. Which players will be on their way?

• January 14, 2014 at 15:49

I hope ollie brings his own man in and not pressured to bring a ""millwal"" man in unless its bomber. Reason for this is its time to crack on in a football direction. I feel we've been held back with all the talk of understanding the wall way of doing things. Surely the bare minimum is bust a gut for the club every saturday but thats at every club.
    At present theres no philosophy at out club.
    To move forwards the club need a blue print to move forwards. The youths, u21s and 1st team all need to be playing the same way with the same beliefs and standards then we can push for bigger and better things. We'd have a brand and a footballing identity, and listening to ollie sibce he's been here thats exactly what we're gonna end up with and its long over due.
    Good luck in appointing your no.2
    cant make saturday gutted but my daughter is in a show and that will always take priority.
    Cant believe i've missed a new managers 1st couple games, cant remember the last time i done that.

• January 14, 2014 at 16:43

@lukesmithmfc: Luck I hope you enjoy your daughters show, and I really hope you dont get called a web sitter, also lets hope the storm in a tea cup does not scroll down this far oor your be for it.

Lets hope the Wall do it for you on Saturday and you can catch it on the Football League show later.

• January 14, 2014 at 16:59

@Barnlion: cheers barn.
        Web sitting is a new one for me. Rather do babysitting tbh, it'll have to be some f****** web to take my fat a***, f*** me that's a big f****** spider lol

• January 14, 2014 at 17:55

@lukesmithmfc: Luke mate i love millwall, but my kids will always come first. Hope you enjoy the show.

• January 14, 2014 at 17:59

@DiggerWall: exactly that digger, and they're wall as well.
        not allowed to support anyone else and my boy aint allowed to wear anything red except at a push an england top.
        thanks mate it's her first big one so no chance of missing it

• January 14, 2014 at 20:23

@lukesmithmfc: omg Luke. I really must get you a place in my new parenting class I am starting. Lol hope u enjoy it fella.

• January 14, 2014 at 22:13

@bonnie1272: haha
            No red and only wall allowed
            Cheers bonn
            Guys i want a full honest unbiassed report as long as the ones i post.lol

• January 14, 2014 at 22:50

@bonnie1272: Luke mate your boring, who put's their daughter before football, your on the wrong site this is not mums net!

• January 14, 2014 at 16:41

We desperately need players!

• January 14, 2014 at 16:45

I wonder if Ollie has had a word with Kevin Phillips. He could join in a player/assistant manager role. Or , do we think Ollie has an established No2 up his sleeve ?

• January 14, 2014 at 16:52

@Block 8: need an experienced one, Mick Harford done f*** all with Lomas

• January 14, 2014 at 16:54

@Block 8: That's a good shout he would do us a good job in this div for the rest of the season and maybe show the other s where the goals are.

• January 14, 2014 at 17:33

@Block 8: When Ollie was appointed our Manager my first thought was that he could bring in Phillips in some sort of role. Unfortunately Phillips has already gone on record as saying he wants to move away from London nearer to the Midlands where assume he has a family.

• January 14, 2014 at 17:53

@denslions:
        You're right , I've read that too about Kevin Phillips. If anyone can twist his arm it's Ollie.
        Who were Ollie's No2s at his other clubs ?

• January 14, 2014 at 18:01

@Block 8: millen at pallace.
          if you dont already take a look on millwall news now, he's said in a Croydon paper he's had no approach from millwall or ollie. Maybe a come and get me plea.

• January 14, 2014 at 19:56

@Block 8: I hate to tell you this but Tim Breacker was his assistant at Plymouth and followed him to Leicester!!!

• January 14, 2014 at 18:18

@Block 8: I don't think it will be Kevin Philips, I just think Holloway will go for somebody with more experience. Sure he already knows his man, and so will we very soon.

• January 14, 2014 at 17:41

I love how Millwall fans argue amongst themselves ! shows real unity ! It embarrassing. Fans of other teams laugh at us cos we are the team that rips up our own seats, and fights amongst ourselves live on TV . Its a joke ........ Back to the team I hope Holloway works his magic on this lot and moves the team in the right direction Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• January 14, 2014 at 18:09

How would you like a chair over your head

• January 14, 2014 at 19:59

@bleachy81: Surely the intention of forums and comment sections on articles is to stimulate debate. We are what we are as fans, some of the reputation is warranted, some of it is embellished at times. Granted we often let ourselves down but we also get a lot of positive feedback from other clubs for our humour and good behavior.... That is not going to sell papers reporting that though is it.

• January 14, 2014 at 20:06

@JonnyBanks: debates are good ! An argument are fair when one person has an opinion that doesn't rest well with others, but you only have read through this article for an example of 2 sets of our supporters having a go at each other ! We as a club are moving forward, with the appointment of holloway and the financial bra.cling of the board ! But come Saturday when the ref makes a wrong decision and a bright spark decides to throw something , that money we could spend on wages goes on fines ! This article is about Holloway, and there is a row about a fella not being able to get to enough games ! We wonder why we struggle. It's a joke, every article there's a row ........... It's boring now !

• January 14, 2014 at 20:23

@bleachy81: I understand your point that there is a line between debate and abuse mate but let's not pretend that this is a Millwall site issue, its on every site from Dr Who to Justin Bieber to The Great British Bake Off and so on and so on.

It's very easy/ convenient for people to abuse others in places like this as it's basically annonomous and risk free isn't it. For that reason alone these so called arguments should be taken with a pinch of salt, well that's the attitude I have anyway. I have had some great tongue in cheek forum banter with the likes of Old Les for example. Its fun and harmless.

• January 14, 2014 at 17:54

@bleachy81: I'm glad you got that of your chest Mate , what brought that on then

• January 14, 2014 at 18:02

Here's where you really earn your money Ollie!!!
    Thanks to the media , Millwall isn't know as the most attractive place to come and play football.
    I think Ollie's in for a shock when trying to bring quality players in, but hopefully his CV will stand him in good stead and players will see what he's done at other clubs.
    In terms of getting an assistant, he must have an idea as to who he wants. Wouldn't be surprised to see somebody appointed in the next week or so.

• January 14, 2014 at 20:49

@Syd the Lion: got a feeling the mental0 one knows who his wants as his no.2/tim breaker & i svspect he know kind of plazers he wants..players he?s already worhed with

• January 15, 2014 at 07:40

@Syd the Lion: millwall is like no other place on the planet, that's a good thing. What a place for a player /coach etc to ply ya trade , make ya mark and know u,ve survived in the jungle. I don't know wot opinions u all have but I'm proud of the aussie boys who have played at the den. Roar the f***** joint to pieces sat .

• January 15, 2014 at 11:09

@grassgrower:
        We have had some brilliant Aussies play for us. You are right to be proud of them.
        Not sure about McDonald though. Hopefully he will come good under Holloway.

• January 15, 2014 at 12:15

@wall2wall: yeh wall2wall, hope IH is a gd reader of people and gd communicator who may be able to resurrect some careers that appear doomed, it,l be interesting to see if he can inject sum life into sum of the boys. Cheers.

• January 14, 2014 at 20:30

It's a forum and people exchange views.
    It's not constant arguing from what I see.
    Anyway, I'm afraid there is only one solution if we want to pack the Den out every game and save our club.
    You lot that have left SE london will all have to move back. It's the only way. I'm sorry. I know your kids are probably settled in their schools and have friends but children are very adaptable and can always make new mates.
    I do know a few people in the removal industry so feel free to ask for a quote.

• January 14, 2014 at 20:36

@wall2wall: That is the way to drum up business W2W!!! Shameless and to the point. Great effort!!! Proper advertising there.

It reminds me of the conspiracy theory where some claimed that Interflora put out a hit on Princess Diana to boost sales.

Haha.

• January 14, 2014 at 20:56

@JonnyBanks:
        Maybe I should change me name to Pickfords . I am not personally in the game but can always get good quotes.
        I thought the Interflora story was true mate.

• January 14, 2014 at 21:15

The reason other fans laugh at us arguing is coz they ain't got a opinion of their own. Bunch of sheep must be boring in the pub afterwards.

• January 15, 2014 at 04:29

@thats we we do.
    dads mate cause thats what we do.

• January 15, 2014 at 06:34

I would like to think we would fill the capacity of the den..But that is never gunna appen.there are a few reasons why not..the den on paper holds 20.000..but only on paper..cos the board have cut it down to 18..bx shutting blocks of...east stand 2 blocks closed..bottnm rows closed block 29 closed..block 28 only open 2 season tibket holders..then there is N/stand waste of space..so 1st take away 3,000 cos 4pswich will only bring a grand..brings it down to at most 14.000 home fans...we got 11,000 for the barnsley game..mainly cos it was a fiver..

• January 15, 2014 at 09:23

Any other news worth getting excited about???

• January 15, 2014 at 09:24

Johnny walks into his parents bedroom and sees his dad giving his mum one, his dad just laughs , throws a pillow at him and tells him to get out! A little while later Johnny's dad hears a commotion coming from Johnny's room, he rushes in and is horrified to see Johnny shagging his gran-- Johnny looks at him and says," not so f***** funny when it's you're mum is it"

• January 15, 2014 at 11:19

Trevor goes into a florist and says "I would like to buy a bunch of flowers for my girlfriend". The florist looked at him and replied " certainly sir, what is it you're after?" "a root " replied Trevor.

• January 15, 2014 at 18:36

@grassgrower: What's long white and thin and used to come in an old yellow bag??

John Lennon.

• January 15, 2014 at 12:34

How about Marc Bircham for assistant?

• January 15, 2014 at 12:50

Kevin Phillips has gone to Leicester another striker they have got how many is that now

• January 15, 2014 at 13:04

@colin66: good, more likely to sell Waghorn.

• January 15, 2014 at 12:52

Get a move on FFS, I'm starting to look at what grounds I haven't been to in league one !!!

• January 15, 2014 at 13:08

Hope Ollie has the players he wants already thought out as time is against us.

However we've seen enough rubbish arrive either on a perm or loan basis so if he can't find any quality to improve the team no point wasting even more money this season.