£5 ticket offer a Christmas gift to supporters – Millwall CEO

© Actionplus
© Actionplus

CHIEF executive Andy Ambler has described Millwall's £5 ticket offer for the Middlesbrough game as a Christmas gift to supporters.

The Lions' football-for-a-fiver deal has proved a hit with both sets of fans and, as of Friday afternoon, over 10,000 tickets had already been sold.

Boro will be backed by around 800 Teessiders in the away end.

"This is the last game before Christmas and it has traditionally always been quite a difficult weekend attendance-wise," Ambler said.

"This is a tough time of year financially for everyone, so it's Millwall's way of saying 'Happy Christmas' to both sets of fans, and inviting them to come along and start their festivities at The Den."

Tickets will be available on the day, or you can buy online at www.millwalltickets.com or by phone on 0844 826 2004.

24 thoughts on “£5 ticket offer a Christmas gift to supporters – Millwall CEO

• December 20, 2013 at 14:54

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

• December 20, 2013 at 14:57

Well if all us season ticket holders turn up we should have over 14,000 but I know of at least 4 or 5 who I go with are not going to attend this Saturday and watch in the rub a dub shame.

• December 20, 2013 at 15:04

Shame the club don't reward the season ticket holders who buy early to keep the club afloat and turn up every week to watch p*** poor performances but we don't really matter because they already have our money

• December 20, 2013 at 15:08

@davep263: 100% with you there all us season ticket holders have been screwed over paying much more then £5 for our ticket and we turn up every week cheers for the kick in the nuts Millwall.

• December 20, 2013 at 15:21

@davep263: @payback: Sort of agree with you both, but the reason that we buy a seson ticket is 1 we want to support our club & 2 it is cheaper than getting individual tickets. also not every one can get to ever game and also some people may not be able to make that kind of finical comitment in one go, I am a season ticket holder by the way.

Another way way to increase the crowd could be that if you where a full payin adult and you purchased a second ticket that could be disconted on certain games so that the 2 of you could both safte a couple of quid, but the club would possibly recoup the money by increased sales on the match day just a thought.

• December 21, 2013 at 12:32

@davep263: ba humbug I'm an st and think its a good idea...... You miserable sod, bet your a delight to be with next week 🙂 lol

• December 20, 2013 at 15:10

Hey, do this more often !!!!
    and get millwall's gate , where it should be..............
    Millwall still make money, with the price of a bottle of larger.........
    We drink at least 4 x bottles each , so ...profit, profit, profit !!!!
    " No one likes us, we don't care "
    Stormin' Norman...........is thirsty thinking about it .

PS. If anybody on here recognizes me ...................
    and says "Hello Norman" ...I will buy them a bottle !!!
    [ or I'll get Sue to pay for it ]

• December 20, 2013 at 20:00

@bermlion: oi Berm, what stand are you in.

I will be the one screaming HELLO NORMAN.

The things I do for beer!

• December 20, 2013 at 16:34

I think it's great. I don't buy a season ticket because I like to change stands sometimes for big games but I haven't missed a home game for 4 years so am really looking forward to seeing the den nearly full and getting a cheap ticket which fans like me I think deserve. Think that sort of crowd could make all the difference to getting us another 3 home points! COYL!

• December 20, 2013 at 16:43

I agree with the above season ticket holder posts. I'm one too. I'm just wondering if we'll all get a £5 credit when we re-new in April bearing in mind , like last season all early renewals were done not knowing what division we'd be in the following season ! Still , you've got our money now , charge what you like , when you like 🙁 Bah humbug

• December 20, 2013 at 20:02

@Block 8: block, like you I am a STH and it doesn't bother me if the club offer incentives to attract other supporters to the ground. The more Millwall in the stands the better the atmosphere, the better our chances if the 12th man helping out.

But I'm getting a feeling that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

At least lets give them some credit for trying.

• December 20, 2013 at 17:07

so this is our little xmas present from you eh, hasn't got anything to do with it being live on sky , and the last saturday shopping day before xmas then mmmmm

• December 20, 2013 at 19:41

@bordersarebest0170: ambler says in the article it's traditionally a difficult time of year to get people in as it's so close to Xmas so yeh they lower the price so more people go and if you do go you save yourself about £20 compared to most games.

Better than nothing.

• December 20, 2013 at 17:57

Not this old chestnut again. Bloody Hell, lots of Christmas Spirit from season ticket holders! A one-game offer for a match live on Sky just four days before Christmas - without this we'd probably be looking at less than 8000 and we'd all be slagging off the club.

I don't understand the self-righteousness of some season ticket holders nowadays. Yes, you pay up front and your money's important to the club, but for twenty-two other games the rest of us pay much more per game. You also get priority cup tickets. I'm not complaining, that's the way it goes. I live nearly 200 miles from the Den now - if I could get to more than 10 home games a season I'd have a season ticket again, but it doesn't make me less of a fan.

• December 21, 2013 at 01:28

@Micky Lions: Well said Micky. Some of the seasin ticket holders attitudes do my head in. Firstly as already mentioned the more fans in the ground the better all round. I actually pay more a season to the club than most season ticket holders and its only because I can never pull up the lump of money in one go so I end up paying full whack each week. I dont begrudge season ticket holders any of their perks but I do get seriously p***** off with the self righteous attitude of some toward schemes like this. It seems like some woukd rather not have an extra 3 thousand there tomorrow just so they dont have to think of us getting in any cheaper. Proper selfish and muggy in my book and certainly not putting Millwall first.

• December 20, 2013 at 22:50

I'm a season ticket holder but I'm all for this scheme. It will certainly help the atmosphere = better chance of winning. Don't mind the £10-15 that I'm losing to be honest.

• December 20, 2013 at 23:29

I'am a season ticket holder and I think its a good idea, but they should reward the non season ticket holders that come nearly every week, they should hav a scheme where if u com to 5 matches in a row you get into the next match for a fiver, then you would hav big crowds every week.

• December 21, 2013 at 05:22

carlton pathetic have been doing a fiver a game most seasons and filling the place, if we get more than 12k in brill. us season ticket holders get cheap admin price week in week out so I'm not moaning. lots of fans pay on the day and get turned over for at least £28, so good luck to them. if we made the prem one day ( please santa) we will be starring at the best part of £40-£50 per game. so f*** xmas shopping id rather watch millwall.

• December 21, 2013 at 09:16

I wonder if that applies to block 28.

• December 21, 2013 at 11:13

@alan.f , how do you work it out that your losing £10 / £15 to day , i don't get it, you already got it reduced by paying up front. so where are you losing???

• December 21, 2013 at 11:42

@bordersarebest0170: I imagine he worked out the average cost of a game from the total he paid for his season ticket and saw that it's cost more than £5 to get in.

• December 21, 2013 at 12:33

Wel all know who he is....he'll be the one squeaking as he walks in.

• December 21, 2013 at 19:37

All we want for Christmas is a manager.

• December 23, 2013 at 21:34

It's all rhetoric Ambler. I don't believe your motives are honourable. I'd pay £50 if I knew my team were gonna perform!