Lomas admits he is under pressure after Derby humiliation

© Keith Gillard
© Keith Gillard

STEVE Lomas admitted he was under pressure after Millwall were thrashed 5-1 by Derby County at The Den on Saturday.

The ten-man Lions are rooted to the bottom of the Championship after being humiliated by the rampant Rams, who were inspired by hat-trick hero Craig Bryson.

And Lomas said it was inevitable his position would be under scrutiny.

"You're always worried – when you're not winning, it goes without saying that you're going to be under pressure," he said. "I'm not deluded enough to think that's not going to be the case.

"I am the manager, the buck stops with me – it's a simple as that. I'm certainly not shirking my responsibility, but what we've got to do is stick together – players and staff – and we've got a chance to respond on Tuesday against Blackpool."

Anti-Lomas chants were clearly audible throughout the game and the Millwall boss conceded supporters had every reason to be angry with his side's performance.

"The [chants] were understandable," he said. "The fans want to see winning football and, not just during my time here, they've had a long, drawn out misery at home since Christmas.

"It's up to me and the players to understand the responsibility we've got, that privilege to be at this club – because it is a privilege. Maybe one or two have been here too long, become a little stale and have taken this club for granted.

"If I was a fan today, paying to see that, I would not have been happy. I can certainly understand. But it's not 'them' and 'us' – it's everybody together. Players have got to show more drive when things aren't going right and we didn't do that."

The Lions had made a bright start but fell behind to Jake Buxton's ninth-minute header.

Lomas added: "We started well enough, but once we conceded the first goal people were nervous and they didn't want to get on the ball.

"It takes a certain sort of player to play at home – there is less pressure away – and a few of the lads crumbled and didn't want to take the responsibility of changing things around.

"We have got enough experience, but whether we need a couple more leaders on the pitch, boys who have been here for a while and know what it's all about – maybe they have got to have a turn.

"It certainly wasn't what I was expecting after the two weeks we've had and recent positive performances. I just didn't see that result coming to be honest."

With the score at 2-0, left-back Shane Lowry was shown a straight red card for a high tackle on Will Hughes.

"I thought it was another poor sending off, which totally killed any chance of a comeback," Lomas said. "But that's no excuse for the performance, it just added to the misery.

"I've asked the referee to have a look at it. For me, it was just a ball between the two of them, Shane's raised his leg and unfortunately his momentum has carried him into the lad.

"There certainly isn't a secondary stamp down. We'll be hoping the referee sees common sense, but that can be very few and far between sometimes. "

167 thoughts on “Lomas admits he is under pressure after Derby humiliation

• September 14, 2013 at 18:23

Sorry son but what's happened before you arrived isn't relevant.
    You had a lot of 'your' players out there. The buck does indeed stop with you and you're insane if you think we're going to bounce back against Blackpool.
    Please go.

• September 15, 2013 at 21:28

I was one of those people who said give him a chance. Well he has had a chance and he is failing miserably. I would give him two more games and then he has to go. Problem is who else we going to get? We also have to remember that we have been bad for two years at least now so it will take something special to turn us around

• September 16, 2013 at 16:37

@NICKOLA: Agreed, he needs to go

• September 14, 2013 at 18:30

Please just resign now, I can't take the embarrassment anymore

• September 14, 2013 at 18:32

when lomas was appointed there were those who said no ex-vermin should be our manager and then there was those who said being ex-vermin shouldn't matter,funny how those who backed him and have been licking his plums all summer are suddenly against him and bring up his vermin past.....

• September 14, 2013 at 18:50

@the verminhater: It didn't matter if he was ex-hammer what matters is 2pts out of 18. not good enough

• September 14, 2013 at 21:24

@Vinny Shell: correct, he could be Julian Dicks or Terry Hurlock, its all about the results. Change those and we will get behind you. Recent performances up to today have shown improvement but the club took a big step backwards today.

• September 15, 2013 at 12:18

@the verminhater: your stupid attitude dont just undermine the vermin as u put it,it does great damage to the confidence of the rest of the team.bet you think your a great millwall supporter more like a ignorant moron you pillock.

• September 14, 2013 at 18:34

Poor sending off? Red all day! I was bang in line with the challenge, and Lowry should know he's not getting away with that in the game in this day and age. He got the ball but followed through with his studs to the guy's chest. I thought the changes at half time showed promise in the 3 mins we saw them, but then bang, and we will never know.
    I haven't yet joined the Lomas out brigade, but he knows he is walking a very thin line now.
    I arrived late today, and missed the first 20 mins, but the team was getting booed already by then. How does this help. I realise it was uninspiring s***, but booing 20 mins in when we are only 1-0 down?
    And as for those chanting Kenny Jacketts name....he got us in this habit of losing didn't he?
    Now retreats with tin hat on!

• September 14, 2013 at 18:53

@the ref: I thought Lomas made some quality signings but what I witnessed today shows there are some serious problems within the squad. I don't believe in knee jerk reactions but if after the Charlton game we are still winless then action must be taken as crowds will decline even more and the club will not be able to function on such low crowds.

• September 14, 2013 at 18:37

He needs to stop f****** about now and play a tried and tested side on Tuesday. Bailey seemed like a decent signing but obviously ain't got the minerals to play at the den. Trotter, Henry and dunne all need to start.

• September 14, 2013 at 18:48

Lomas west ham legend that is what we are going to hear from now on,Cant wait for Tuesday to see how many Blackpool put past us we are this years whipping boys

• September 14, 2013 at 18:58

Under Pressure?

What about the bloke with 2 kids who has just end wasted £70.00 of his hard earned on watching that shambles.

I don't care where you came from Mr. Lomas and no one is sorrier than us that its no worked out but just do the decent thing and say to Mr. Berylson 'I had a go, but its too much for me, time for a man with experience at this level '.

Go now and leave with some self respect or cling on and destroy your reputation and possibly our beloved football club.

It's your call mate!

• September 14, 2013 at 19:07

Don't usually criticize the manager, but he is starting to show that he is tactically inept and has bitten off more than he can chew...I say get him out and bring in a manager who is more tactically minded and has experience...because if the root doesn't stop there will be more trouble ahead and seeing what unfolded today, this is only going to get worse and scene of that night when it kicked off against Birmingham will raise it's ugly head again...

• September 14, 2013 at 19:17

@vonhardshaft: agree if something aint done soon by the the charlton game comes around or leeds the bad element will raise its ugly head , the board need to make a stand while we can still catch up or its div 1 for us

• September 14, 2013 at 21:54

Sorry I think this is b*******, we can't blame the manager or players for fucktards who think its clever to throw s*** and run on the pitch when things ain't going our way... As a collective we have a s*** rep and when dickheads who cant handke a pint kick off its the club that suffer... True we ain't playing well but the season is a lot longer than two months and hopefully the future of millwall football club will be too but only with investors will we truely grow and who wants to invest in a club with supporters who still think its the 70s... Some people need to grow up or f*** off!!

• September 14, 2013 at 19:15

We all know kenny Hackett would have more points on the table with this group of players,then again kenny Everett would have more points,and he'd of done it
    "In the best possible taste"
    Do one you ginger c***!!!!

• September 14, 2013 at 19:17

Jackett not Hackett obs!!!;)

• September 14, 2013 at 19:20

I haven't given up on SL yet but he has got to concentrate on the defence. Stop the goals going in and McDonald, Waghorn and Morison will sort out the goals for column. I have supported the Lions for 53 years and one thing us supporters have always done is stick by the manager and team even when we knew they were c**p. Despite the consensus of opinion I think we should show our support and the real players who have the pride and passion that goes with the shirt will respond. COYL.

• September 14, 2013 at 19:21

Steve lomas- west ham s*******

• September 14, 2013 at 21:03

@benzo: did you spell that all yourself...clever boy

• September 15, 2013 at 12:23

@benzo: you are an idiot

• September 14, 2013 at 19:23

This is all just a pile of s***! Blackpool - forget it. Chorlton next week (& on the box in front of millions) the humiliation will be complete. I can see a riot...

• September 15, 2013 at 20:59

@NO1LIKESUS: I agree totally. The p***** will see it as an excuse!

• September 14, 2013 at 19:23

This is all just a pile of sh*t! Blackpool - forget it. Chorlton next week (& on the box in front of millions) the humiliation will be complete. I can see a riot...

• September 14, 2013 at 19:37

I like some have not yet lost faith in SL, i said when he got the job that as long as he does a decent job with the wall and puts 1000% into it then is vermin background wont be mentioned, bottom of the table with no home win yet what am i to think.....almost at changing mind time. This club I have loved since my dad took me and my brothers too when we were little. Sort this mess out now mr Lomas, I do not want another billy bonds era. The true wall faithful will stand by you but not for too long if they think you are destroying our beloved MILLWALL FC.

• September 14, 2013 at 19:38

Ok SL your time has come P... Off lets cancel the contracts for Shittu,Derry, Chaplow,Bailey and Woolford,get Jimmy back in we need to wingers to run at the opposing team great to SL having midget McDonald playing centre forward,he actually is a good player but not good as an aerial target guess SL gets paid for this d*** head.
    I will sending my card back for a refund as under the trade description act the goods are not fit for purpose ie s***.
    Won't be bothering to make the journey up Tuesday along with lots more Millwall supporters but will be waiting for the postman with my refund,JB what a cock up cut him adrift now or this club will die and well be relegated by christmas totally disgusted that SL has Brought Millwall to this.

• September 14, 2013 at 19:48

@southstand: Cancel contracts?? Are you mad? Players we have just signed, oh yes let's chuck what little money we have down the drain.. and any remaining we can pay the FA for those idiots chucking stuff, and the one who thinks he was hard by running onto the pitch (before being helped off my the morons in that section of the East stand (not all I must add, and open to correction if he did get what he deserved)).
      Didn't think Shittu was that bad today, although Bailey and Chappers had off days and yes I think the tackling of Jimmy was missed. Also I didn't think Woolford did too badly. I have accepted that we are work in progress, (work must finish soon) and Derby were just better than us. It seemed to me every shot they had went in, have seen Forde have better games as well, but better him than Bywater, whereas we had shots go over, and cleared off the line. Still wouldn't have scored 5 though!

• September 15, 2013 at 09:53

@the ref: A Few Hometruths.
        Shittu headed to Derby more times than to Millwall I won't say he passed the ball he bashed it forward usually to Derby, Second half Trotter was screaming for it short but he lobbed it forward to the umpa Lumpas,
        Old McDonald bless his cotton socks ran and tried with no help at all,
        Derby were quicker in all departments,
        Derry,Connolly,Shittu, were taken apart by a couple of teenagers(Will Hughes one to watch).
        Lomas hasn't got a clue !!!.

• September 15, 2013 at 11:30

@wandererwall: Shittu isn't in the side for his passing ability, rather his defending ability, which I don't think he can be blamed for any of the 4 goals I saw. Point taken though, and I agree about our midfield being taken, rather ripped apart, which will leave defenders outnumbered and in bother.

• September 15, 2013 at 13:54

@the ref: Sorry Ref a yellow card for that one, at this level defenders need to to be able to be able to pass and head the ball to their own players, take the sending off as a example Lowry was given a 50/50 by Beevers or Connolly in the middle of the pitch !.

• September 14, 2013 at 19:41

My season ticket is block 16 upper east ,,now dockers stand ,,, dead opposite lomas & I watched him all game & in the 2nd half he just sat with his head in hands ,,,,,,FU?KING CLUELESS no options no spirit no idea how much longer will Mr J B back this C??T ?????? Lomas do the right thing & just walk away & admit you arn not up to the job ,I am so down with the way my club is going .,,,,, I know we are never going to compete with top draw money twats but come on let's get some pride back in the LIONS

• September 14, 2013 at 19:42

why Waghorn on bench the only way to get match fit is to play. No more £30 on Saturdays watching this. He already lost the players. Bye Lomas, give it to Harris for 4 games and see a different fighting team at least

• September 15, 2013 at 20:15

@collydriver: I wish everyone would stop banging on about Bomber for manager. He has no experience and has been working wit the strikes, an look where that has got us.
      I wasn't one of the Lomas out brigade but I have changed my mind. We need someone with experience, like Poyet, who can get the players passing with no fear. I bet the players hate going on to the pitch at the Den at the moment, s*** atmosphere and for every mistake he get caned. A new face will help.

• September 14, 2013 at 19:44

Got my Charlton tickets through today. Taking my old man for his birthday and I've got to say after today I'm dreading it.

I didn't and still don't care where lomas came from just want who ever is in charge to do a good job. Mr Lomas in my opinion you have 2 games to save your job. And for your information Charlton home and away is the most important game of the season to any Millwall fan. Pull your finger out now!

• September 14, 2013 at 19:46

What annoyed me most is at 3-0 down he went and sat down head in hands for 10 mins, didn't give any instructions or anything, hiding from the croud. Then we scored, and he got straight back out in his box...then 4-1 straight back in...

• September 14, 2013 at 19:48

Today was one of the worst performances that I have ever seen from a Millwall team and I have been going for 48 years, ultimately the buck stops with Lomas but the players except for Macdonald really need to look at themselves for the poor performance that they put in today. Two more games to get it right Lomas, or you're gone.

• September 14, 2013 at 19:53

The man at the top knows whats wrong 'No Money' in the club to go forward with.
    SL is only the pleb who takes the stick, sorry SL your in over your head here, go whilst the chance is there, and take a few of the hapless bosses with you, let My beloved Millwall die in peace, I fear thats where were going slowly into extinction.
    This is the worst team I've ever had the misfortune to call My Millwall, I thought last season was Bad,

• September 15, 2013 at 00:40

@aeojt: how can you say no money.

This t***** has signed nine players since last season!

That's an estimated 45 k per week

That's ( for those that can't do it ) about 2m give or take that berylson has bankrolled.

Name one other Millwall manger who has had that to spend?

Now he may well be in over his head, but, please do not say there has been no money for going forward!

• September 15, 2013 at 20:11

@bonnie1272: A few thousand aint in the pot. the pot is MT and the board need to invest a whole lot more than a few thousand. he has to get people out to spend If you aint got income you can only just exist look at the poor soles on the dole they cant get what they want because of NO MONEY Millwall are no different.
        To free up cash they have to shift deadwood = No Money in the long term

• September 14, 2013 at 19:54

Sometimes you just don't want to be right but unfortunately I have to say I was. After the debacle of JB's 'lots of quality applications' we were given SL. I said that the WHU connection is and should remain firmly in the past but I also said that I seriously believe the appointment was the wrong one. With the players we have got in this squad now we should be challenging for the play-offs. Sadly, SL is not the bloke to coach them. For me, this bunch is crying out for Alan Curbishly, a coach who can make a fiver look like a ten pound note.

• September 14, 2013 at 20:03

Chipplefuddywick
    Good choice but Alan Curbishly also played for West Ham

• September 14, 2013 at 20:09

Playing for WHU is not relevant. He is a good coach and boy do we need that now. Trust me, I hear what you are saying but eyes must be wide open now.

• September 14, 2013 at 20:24

@Chipplefuddywick: Too right. I couldn't give a monkey's about the West Ham connection. Its what they do for Millwall that matters and unfortunately this current bloke just isn't up to the job.

• September 14, 2013 at 20:09

when each of the new players were signed, everyone said "great player" "great signing" "can't wait for the new season". These players don't suddenly become crap overnight. What they need is the pride and passion that goes with the shirt and a manager that can instill that into them. Bomber and Robbo might not be the manager but they are at the club and both of them can play a major part in making these players into a "team" especially as SL doesn't seem to know how to. We WILL improve and we WILL start climbing the table. All that's missing is the pride of the Lions.

• September 14, 2013 at 21:11

@Profiler4: Not everybody, some of us were a bit more realistic and cautious whilst secretly hoping that those who were getting carried away were right.

• September 15, 2013 at 00:42

@lion.ie: agree with that totally lion

• September 14, 2013 at 20:16

But, but, and but again, lets be sure of one thing, we have always stood together as Millwall, so if its wrong, we will fall together as Millwall therefore we are and will remain Millwall.

• September 14, 2013 at 20:19

You can see now how this idiot got the job . . The only thing he can do well is talk s*** . . . Give him time? B*******! . . F*** him off now

• September 15, 2013 at 12:03

@Fingers: I agree with you fingers but the players have to take some blame for what happened. A couple days ago on thi forum people were picking the 11 to start and most got it spot on. So who would we pick now? What I'm saying is we can all get it wrong. BUT SL GETS PAID FOR IT!!
      With the experience those players have why the hell cant they play. I have never seen us fold like that, even when we let 5 in before. SL I have been patient. Give you til Charlton, if no wins then go. Sitting on your hands in the dug out..not good.

• September 14, 2013 at 20:24

What are they doing in training, playing f****** cards. They look like a bunch of workmen who have decided to chuck their jumpers on the ground, and have a dinner time kick about. Lomas looks clueless and his team bear that out. He holds his head in his hands and when he does come out to say anything the players look around at him as if he's just escaped from an asylum. Every now and then Harford comes out like Herman F****** Munster to say "You rang my Lord".

• September 14, 2013 at 22:50

@Windsor Lion:
      Hahaha!! Don't feel like laughibg but had to at that.

• September 14, 2013 at 20:33

Just a thought, if we win our next two games we'll be a point better off than we were at the same stage last season.

• September 15, 2013 at 00:06

@lion.ie: Since New Years Day our home record is Played 13, Won 1, Drawn 2, Lost 10. In that time we've scored 5 and conceded 22. No wonder fans feel like booing. Lets face it, there's only one direction this club is going unless something drastic changes.

• September 15, 2013 at 00:34

@Micky Lions: You obviously missed the tongue placed firmly in my cheek

• September 15, 2013 at 00:43

@Micky Lions: champions league were avin a larf

• September 14, 2013 at 20:46

The only thing that has kept my on Lomas' side of the fence is the number of red cards & suspensions he has had as a manager cos of his veracity & involvement in the team when things ain't goin his way. Where's your bottle gone son? I thought if nothin else he would be bullyin performances from those a little too comfortable on the payroll. Millwall players scared on the ball- I am ashamed.

• September 14, 2013 at 20:54

Everybody's missing the point here, what really pisses me off is forget the manager he's crap, the main problem with Mfc is the 50% of supporters that boo & s*** the players off every home game after about 15 mins into the game regardless of the score, this must really put the fear of god into them, when u watch palarse on tv their lot keep singing encouraging their team regardless of the score you hardly ever hear them boo their players & they seem to always come from begind to win with their support, we'll never do well at home while we only give our boys 10 mins support, sorry but that's a major factor in our poor home form.

• September 14, 2013 at 21:00

@mfcjon: Old Les, you have your cue mate.........

• September 14, 2013 at 21:06

@mfcjon: I was always taught when dealin with a group divide then conquer. We may not be happy with Lomas as a manager but I fail to believe we pay to boo. We've spent decades bein worn down by the media, FA & every "referee" we get. If this is such an affront to us why not just f@ck it off like everythin else & use it as an excuse to get even more behind the team. We hold the team together. No one else.

• September 14, 2013 at 21:07

@mfcjon: I was always taught when dealin with a group divide then conquer. We may not be happy with Lomas as a manager but I fail to believe we pay to boo. We've spent decades bein worn down by the media, FA & every "referee" we get. If this is such an affront to us why not just dismiss it like everythin else & use it as an excuse to get even more behind the team. We hold the team together. No one else.

• September 14, 2013 at 21:08

@mfcjon: I was always taught when dealin with a group divide then conquer. We may not be happy with Lomas as a manager but I fail to believe we pay to boo. We've spent decades bein worn down by the media, FA & every "referee" we get. If SL is such an affront to us why not just dismiss him like everythin else & use it as an excuse to get even more behind the team. We hold the team together. No one else.

• September 14, 2013 at 21:42

@mfcjon: Are you on LSD as you seem to be having experiences no one else does. 6 games, no wins, 2 points, goals for 4 (only 2 from open play) goals against 13 - does that not tell you something. You're an idiot.

• September 14, 2013 at 22:08

@Old_Les: if I'm on LSD you must have a white stick my old friend, your probably the one that starts the booing off after 5 mins, get behind the team when we go a goal down & stop slagging the players off why the fk do u think they don't want the ball & want to get rid of it ASAP...d*******!

• September 14, 2013 at 22:10

@Old_Les: don't worry old les their keeping the ground warm for you

• September 15, 2013 at 09:20

@mfcjon: Just read that. What a nasty spiteful excuse for a human being you are. Come up West Upper and say that to my face perhaps? As for your other comment it betrays your intelligence level and knowledge of the game (and the supporters). I note someone has posted up a "like" against your silly post and that suggests to me you have a twin - are you the Noibhead brothers?

• September 15, 2013 at 12:43

@Old_Les: les at the end of the day we all want the lions to be successfully my old mate, so lets try & back them Tuesday nite as if we go to the anoraks next Saturday & they stuff us I'll wanna be 6 ft under!

• September 15, 2013 at 14:47

@Old_Les: old les if you look at my earlier messages when u said I was an idiot. I have 32 likes on it, so who's the idiot now ????

• September 15, 2013 at 14:48

@Old_Les: 32 likes. I rest my case.

• September 15, 2013 at 00:47

@mfcjon: well go to shitehirst park then!

As a club Millwall have always been and will be vocal. We are as good as a goal if our team are playing well.

It's just that, well if we intimidate them, bless em the little cherubs!! Why the f*** are they scared of us?

• September 14, 2013 at 20:54

SL may only have one more game to keep his job, you would think Tuesday nights game he would bring
    in Moro,Martin,Trotter, Robbo, Malone, Dunne, if that lot flop also then I would like to see Gus Poyet
    brought in

• September 14, 2013 at 21:07

@Weller: Poyet is only 45, Lomas might sign him on an emergency loan

• September 14, 2013 at 21:28

@lion.ie: they can take away our team but they can't take away our humour - unless you were being serious!?

• September 14, 2013 at 22:27

@lion.ie: Good shout Lion and play him at RB

• September 14, 2013 at 21:48

I was in the Dockers Stand today as i am every week and watched Lomas throughout the game his body language says it all he does not have a clue how to manage a club like Millwall. U need a certain type of manager to manage our club and he is not the man.

• September 14, 2013 at 21:54

As someone said earlier on this thread we need the "pride in the Lions to be restored". Robbo and Harris are at the club and despite their lack of managerial experience this pair might do a job similar to Rhino and Macca did a few years ago. Alternatively we go the other way and bring in an older more experienced manager from those still out of work. Either choice would be better than what we have now because SL is totally clueless in formations, tactics and team selections I know he inherited a load of deadwood from KJ who he can't shift but he has been allowed to bring in 10 players some of who we thought were excellent signings. Bailey, Chaplow, Derry, Morison and McDonald in particular havn't become bad players overnight. It's simply that SL isn't using them in such a way to bring the best out of them. GET A NEW MANAGER IN NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE TO SAVE OUR SEASON!!!!!!

• September 14, 2013 at 21:55

All the claptrap about West Ham is absurd and has nothing to do with football, nor does the colour of the manager's hair. What matters is the play on the pitch and today it was just not good enough. There were good individual performance from some of the players and quite a few poor ones but Millwall did not play as a TEAM. The midfield at time looked disorganised and confused they did not defend or pick up players. Up front I think Dany N'Guessan would have done far better than Keogh (N'Guessan scored today) When he came on (Too late) Trotter did make a difference in midfield and layed on a perfect ball for Waghorn to score.Waghorn looked classy too. I was not impressed by either full back. Several players looked unhappy.
    However some supporters were too quick to boo and throw insults at players . A moron near me was mouthing the most offensive racist abuse at Dany Shittu who had a good game.
    None of this helps the team's morale at all. However ifthe team loose confidence in Lomas as it seems they might then he has to go. It happened with Peter Anderson another MIllwall disaster.

• September 15, 2013 at 00:49

@Peckhamlad: he is a ginger west spam caant though

• September 14, 2013 at 22:02

I was one if the few amongst a lot of supporters I know that said give lomas ago. I now know I was wrong and every other 2 bob Team in the country is laughing at us relishing the opportunity to turn us over. Get rid of that useless waste of air before its too late, cos he is gonna drive in to the ground hard and fast.

• September 14, 2013 at 22:07

That was up there with the worst performances I've ever seen at the Den. Shittu is clueless at the back. First he appeals to the ref for anything then looks around at his team mates making gestures like it's therr fault. Disgraceful captain. None of the team were playing for lomas today they're not fit to wear that shirt and should not be paid for todays performance. I've had enough of Lomas now.go before we can't turn it around.

• September 14, 2013 at 23:19

@southlondon1885: Have to disagree about Shittu, he won most balls in the air and kept his position well, it was the midfield that were not defending and seemed all at sea.
      You cannot keep blaming the defence when the forward did not have one strike on goal the entire first half and the only strikes on target came when Waghorn and Trotter came on, but Millwall were down to ten men then.

• September 15, 2013 at 00:38

@Peckhamlad: He was beaten in the air for the first goal.

• September 15, 2013 at 01:00

@Peckhamlad: Mcdonald had a shot in the first half after a little run in the box.it went slightly over and wide.it was on 38 minutes I remember cos I spoke to my brother gutted that it had taken that long to get a shot in. As for shittu, if he spent as much energy on football as he does falling down appealing for fouls whenever anyone goes near him and moaning at team mates for his mistakes he might go up in my estimation. Personally mate, I think he's a liability and certainly should not be captain. He should be bossing the area on corners as we are so vulnerable. That being said though today's performance as a team and a club was an embarrassment from start to finish. Like I said, they should not be paid for today and the fans should get a refund.

• September 14, 2013 at 22:12

Bring curbishly, de Matteo, or polyethylene end of.

• September 14, 2013 at 22:13

Sorry meant to say poyet

• September 14, 2013 at 22:15

We got turned over today and I bet nobody knows that better than SL! All the praise he got from St.Johnston is long gone and your now in the big time sir! Its about time you realised that! Stop trying to sign goal scorers and sort the defence! Can't believe you are keeping Robbo on the bench week in week out! Been a leader for years now! Build from the back and the goals will come but without a strong back line, everyone else is caught and we are f*****! Sort it Lomas or f*** off!

• September 14, 2013 at 22:25

Its time the supporters STOPPED the jeering and got BEHIND our players at The Den. I think the problem lies in the fact the players do NOT have the bottle to deal with it so lets see if a bit of encouragement works.

If the scummy palarse fans can cheer their team of shysters surely we can get behind our Lions!

• September 14, 2013 at 22:33

To the verminhater you should be knighted, your bang on right, every one on this proxy site critisied me for my hatred for that ginger haired mick c@"t

• September 14, 2013 at 23:31

@mfcmike: Just to be clear, you hate him because he's ginger, Irish and because he used to play for West Ham?

• September 15, 2013 at 13:26

@mfcmike: so not football related just pure racism

• September 14, 2013 at 22:47

Well what can be said of that pile that hasn't already been said ?
    Yesterday I said if we start to praise the boys instead of shooting our mouths off at them after one mistake then we may have a chance
    But I must say even with all the passion in the world we'd still have lost today. I have only one positive maybe two from today's game the first is Scott McDonald IMO he's a very good clever player, he works hard and wants the ball and has a very good touch and creates a lot of space his lay off with his chest for waghorn was first class infact everything about our goal was first class waghorn's finish was first class trotters pass to McDonald was superb aswel. The second positive is Bolton are as bad as ourselves.
    It's a shame what's happening to our club at the minute but I'm afraid it comes down to what happens at Charlton next Saturday lunch time as I believe that's the game that will define our season one way or the other but let's be totally honest they are due a win against us and correct me if I'm wrong but did we get relegated the last time they beat us ?
    I've been very supportive of lomas and although the buck stops with him those b****** players of his done eff all for him or us today and it's a little pleasing that lomas hasn't made any excuses as that was probably the worst ref we've had for a very long time and Christ we've had some.
    I can't see a way out of this mess with lomas, who knows maybe the plan was always to get lomas in to do the dirty work and overhaul the squad for someone else to do the job more permanently. What ever happens the next man cannot come soon enough but who ever that may be and when it happens then we as fans have to buck our ideas up as frustrating as it is we still have to be more supportive. The atmosphere is getting worse every game.
    Probably like my post, what a pile of s*** it was today, the complete opposite to what I see at Brighton a couple weeks ago.
    One of the worst games ive ever been

• September 15, 2013 at 00:56

@lukesmithmfc: Luke, I know you tried, but you cannot defend that today!

S*** s*** and more s***.

The bloke is clueless!

• September 15, 2013 at 06:59

@bonnie1272: Bonn your right mate there's nothing to defend absolute dross even footballers in our team are starting to look Sunday league
        I really think lomas should go NOW so we may have half a chance to survive but if he goes so should half his back team. When the new man comes in we have to start all over again, how long does he have ? We're already 9 goals behind. I think lomas should go as I can't see a way out Bonn but the board need to take a real hard look at our club and why the fans act in the way some do. They (the board) can say what they like about some of us dragging the club down due to their moronic behaviour but let's face it signing an ex hammer (although I defended it at the time for the good of the game) is just as moronic. As I said in my post the atmosphere is getting worse every game and it tells me one thing,
        When we walk out after a big game all we talk about is " f*** me it was proper buzzin tonight best atmosphere for ages" "the den was rockin" ect ect, well the only reason that is is cause half of em are stay aways the ones we moan at all season for picking and choosing what game they want to see.
        Can't believe the s*** I watched I left after the fourth as it was far too painful and far too easy for em. I'm going Tuesday but I reckon it'll be pretty much the same.
        Gutting ain't it

• September 15, 2013 at 10:30

@lukesmithmfc: indeed it is. I will be there on Tuesday and I think we will win 4-0. Lol.

Personally I don't think lomas will get beyond next Saturday If we fail to win one of em.

But then that puts us back temporarily, but under the right guidance, I think we could get out of this mess.

Where's rhino these days?

• September 14, 2013 at 22:56

Confidence is the key. For the first 7 mins they had me believing. School boy first goal, heads dropped and the rest was pure s****. Clinging to the few positives from McDonald and waghorn but that's scrapping the barrel!!
    After the 3rd Lomas looked clueless and completely exposed. Still be there at Blackpool. Can't possibly get any worse?!?!

• September 14, 2013 at 23:24

I wouldn't let Lomas run my bath.

@bigC:

• September 14, 2013 at 23:20

'Get behind the team'....'dont boo the players when they walk off the pitch'.... 'Give him time'...'the players need to gel'....

Yeh, f****** tell me that in March.........................................

• September 14, 2013 at 23:42

Too numb to comment.....stunned. What next ? Or who next ? Gutted......

• September 15, 2013 at 13:28

@Block 8: well summed up, I feel sick just thinking about it, then I just get plain angry at the manager and particularly the players, they don't give a t***.

• September 15, 2013 at 01:08

"It's up to me and the players to understand the responsibility we've got, that privilege to be at this club - because it is a privilege. Maybe one or two have been here too long, become a little stale and have taken this club for granted."

That is a quote taken from the above article by our new manager. The same person who as a player did not want to come to our club (remember we wanted to sign him but he knocked us back) but now all of a sudden it's a privilege to play for us now he is the manager! Well I can think of a few 'stale' ones that have taken this club for granted such as:

1) Paul Robinson (who would have got hold of that stupid c*** who ran onto the pitch and sorted him out plus a few other stupid c**** with blue shirts on the pitch but were being paid to be there).

2) Jimmy who always gives 100%

3) Liam Trotter who looked better than Bailey and Chaplow combined when he came on.

I don't want to get into an argument about anglo Scottish football but Scottish football is mickey mouse and the last manager we had from the M Mouse leagues was Jimmy Nicholl. SL looks like a similar clueless c*** who did well managing a team playing boys football but cant step up to managing a mans team...

• September 15, 2013 at 12:46

@SingleWhiteLion: top comment , like it dont see anything in bailey , got done for two of the goals , jimmy should be in that side , same as robbo , and yes trotter was better than all three midfielders , and yes we all know what happened with jimmy nic ,

• September 15, 2013 at 01:18

Was at the game but just seen it all again on the football league show, p*** poor and even worse than I remember!! First goal was Sunday league stuff and although the next four were top finishes were all the result of ball watching and giving derby too much space.. Basically the majority ain't switching on or working hard enough!!
    However the real horror show was all them w****** who claim to be millwall fans... I love a lot of the banter of wall but sick of seeing and listening to out of shape degenerates giving it large and throwing s*** at players who would put you in your a*** if you weren't being so brave sat in the stands!!! You are killing the club so do everyone a favour, take a walk down the old kent and play with traffic!!!

• September 15, 2013 at 16:44

Agree with DSLF, but too be fair it is hard to see where we go from here. SL was left a crock of s*** by KJ and its easy to see why he got out from under - some of the poorest displays were from his signings. Forde was laughably bad - too slow to throw the ball out and instead and blasting balls on either Walfords or Macdonalds head. I made it 5 shots by Derby and five Goals and they all seemed to just pass him by as he either stood stock still or waved a leg at them - What? Shittu was awful throughout and I fear this season is one too far. Keogh has gone too - where is that player of a year ago? Lowry is having a terrible season and his poor passing was only surpassed by the rubbish he was getting from Beavers. Henry came on and showed us whay he didnt start - absolute tripe. If we add the SL signings it goes rapidly further downhill. SJ spent the family silver too early on a load of old boys. Bailey slow and half hearted. Derry just slow. Chaplow, where was he playing and what were his instructions? He just ran around but never seemed to be in the right place to take or give a pass.
      I thought we played our best football with ten men and our goal was the best by far. Compared to the others Trotter looked interested and classy - and I never thought I would say that. And what was all that arguing and angst after each goal - its a pity there wasn't more interest shown before the goals were scored! We have no pace anywhere on the pitch and that's why we cant get behind teams. We aren't scoring goals because we simply don't ever get near the oppo's goal - did we have a shot in the first half and if we have had a dozen shots at goal all season I would be surprised? That's why the heads went down as soon as the first goal went in - because all the players know that one will be enough. Actually if SL stays I do know where we are going - where's my map of Rotheram?

• September 15, 2013 at 08:45

Pride has not been in the shirt for the last two seasons. Where has the millwall spirit gone ? Pay cheque pansies is all we seem to have in some quarters. Mcdonald had a good game today and waggers looked lively when he came on. On Tuesday night lets have some millwall back and go 442 . Lose some of the geriatrics in midfield. Forde Dunne (Connolly) Robbo Beevers Malone Henry Trotter chaplow Martin waggers an Mcdonald. ....there simples. ...this management lark is easy!

• September 15, 2013 at 08:53

sl has to go, he isnt up for the job simple. this is spackman all over again. i though also think lowry is a total liability, doesnt deserve to wear the shirt. lets mfc down time and time again. this the fourth season in a row we have conceded 5 or more at the den thats a disgrace. i dont get why we fall apart at home with ten men. last season leicester battled yep we won just, year before the scum beat us playing 80 mins with ten men. i hope all players and management wake up today as hurt and humiliated as me but apart from bomber and robbo i doubt it. sorry lomas its a no from me.

• September 15, 2013 at 09:03

We can all pick teams out of the massive squad we have, massive as we can't off load the S**** dead wood.... However, regardless who you pick it is downuto the manager to get the best out of those players, apart from McDonald and trotter, we looked leaderless. I'm in block 32 next to the dug out, and all Lomas did when things broke down is turn around and shrug his shoulder.... You picked the side man, get em playing for you, if you cant then no matter who you are or where yet've been, you have to leave. Millwall is one place in football where you do not want to loose the dressing room or crowd...... Not the millwall I've seen for most of my 35 years down the den..... Coly.... !!

• September 15, 2013 at 13:02

@les the lion: I worry that Lomas's signings have just added to the collection of overpaid deadwood. Whoever comes in to sort out this mess will probably have to work with the squad we have.

• September 15, 2013 at 09:07

Watched Lomas from the East upper hiding on the bench with hands in pockets or arms folded or head in his hands.Harford too standing up leaning on the dugout like he is waiting for a bus.Even when they obviously didn't have a clue and it was all going wrong they chose to hide.Tells me they are not fit to be at Millwall Football Club.We are fighters.We have a go.It's all about your character.I remember the players getting a decent send off after losing 6 - 0 at home to Birmingham.Even with 9 men we showed passion and had a go.That's all I ever ask.Didn't see none of that yesterday.Lomas and Harford should go now in my humble opinion.

• September 15, 2013 at 11:34

@wall2wall:
      I make you right on that mate. I was at that game, stayed to the end and applauded their efforts. We would have made an amateur side look good yesterday, but unfortunately would not have been able to match them for ideas.

• September 15, 2013 at 18:38

@Windsor Lion
        Your right Windsor.No ideas.A total embarassment.

• September 15, 2013 at 09:16

Those with memories should remember the disaster Millwall had under Peter Anderson, he had a good squad but seemed hopeless at tactics, the game before he was sacked I think we lost 6-0 at home but correct me if I am wrong because I walked out before the end. Anderson could not inspire the team and a weak leader. This may be deja vu time as so many rightly say on here the buck stops with the manager. He knows surely he must be on borrowed time now. If we fail to get any points from the next two or three games then surely JB has to admit he made the wrong appointment and find a replacement capable of the job. Millwall is bigger than any manager or player.

• September 15, 2013 at 09:46

@Lion.ie. I would say its a good enough reason to hate him. Regardless he didn't have enough credentials for the job except a couple of half decent seasons in the pathetic jock league, which at best is league one level (handy his here now because that's were we are heading)

• September 15, 2013 at 11:19

@mfcmike: I'm not even sure that the Scottish league is League One standard apart from the top three or four teams. Lomas hasn't signed a single player from there, so that tells you how poor it is.

• September 15, 2013 at 14:11

@mfcmike: Well that's where me, you and your six likes disagree. None of your reasons to hate him are relevant. What I see is a man giving it his best shot but coming up short, nothing else.

• September 15, 2013 at 10:35

Lomas can't blame this on Lowry's red card. The facts are we have a much improved squad from last year, the chairman has improved the budget for the playing staff and the back room staff. The board have invested heavily in the pitch and the training ground. It's up to the manager and his team to make it work. Unless we get a win against Blackpool and Charlton I can't see Berylson failing to remove Lomas. Berylson has invested because he now knows the only way to improve the crowds is to improve results. If we don't win, and win well, in the next two games the gate will shrink. I don't see how the players can turn this around by Tuesday so can't see Lomas being here for very much longer.

• September 15, 2013 at 10:39

I think we've become the opposition's 12th man. Hearing Derby sing "there's only one Stevie Lomas" suggests our dislike/disapproval of Lomas is well known and all teams need to do at the Den is put the team a goal behind and we turn against them. I can remember players getting some stick down the old Den but I don't remember us booing the team. I can remember a game against Oldham in 1978, awful season but that game stood out for me because of the evil abuse one of their players was getting from the Halfway Line (East Stand). We need to do that again and add in some belligerent singing to make the place hostile. Hostile for the opposition, not our players. We ain't Charlton or Palarse, we don't need to be. We just need to be Millwall again, we are good at being 'orrible, once we do that, the quality of the team will do the rest. I want Lomas out only because we are not backing the team, we have become Blackburn and Lomas is our Steve Kean, we all know how that plays out. We are as much to blame for our plight as Lomas, Berylson, the players and Jackett as well as he was in charge of a dreadful 5 months. We back the team, they will turn it around, if we don't, we'll have more of what Derby, Peterborough and Watford have dished out

• September 15, 2013 at 11:09

I just wish the players wouldn't keep giving interviews about how bad the team were in the previous game and how determined they will be to put things right in the next. Just put it right.

• September 15, 2013 at 11:14

I note the club website I'd off line, maybe things are happening. Anyone near the ground heard a single gunshot?

• September 15, 2013 at 11:15

I love my Millwall but they're f****** pushing it now. Charging me adult price for my 10 year old brother because he had no ID to prove it was his membership. Not to mention the fact it was a 'category A' game so tickets prices were up anyway.

Regardless of how much I spent yesterday's performance wasn't worth 20pence. If there is, as some people have predicted, a humiliation against Charlton does occur...I predict a riot

• September 15, 2013 at 11:24

Forde
    Dunne Robinson Beevers Malone
    Henry Trotter Bailey Woolford
    Waghorn McDonald

• September 15, 2013 at 12:06

Agree with some of your selections there BUT I don't think it now makes a difference who Lomas picks. Even if he matched my own starting eleven or yours, the players have lost their way. They have just been well and truly outplayed and spanked 5-1 at home for christ sake against a team that on paper we should have turned over. Blackpool at home next and there's a team who will turn us over no question about it. I remember a quote from Lomas along the lines of 'I remember looking at my team mates in the dressing room at Millwall when we played there and thinking some of these don't fancy it at all'. Problem is it's now our players in that position.
      I'd get rid of him now. He's totally clueless and another two games under his charge and we'll be deeper in the mire, further away from safety and the microscopic amount of confidence we currently have will disappear like a fart in the wind.

@junkmale:

• September 15, 2013 at 11:26

People (fans) taking there anger out on each other, we've had a s*** start to the season that's all it's madness, I still maintain we will come good, down load information on the start of Kenny Jackets managerial post at wall, it was worse, or as bad until the squad gelled. Still think we can get out of the s*** with or without Lomas

• September 15, 2013 at 11:35

@mewall62:who is worse than us? Yeovil?

• September 15, 2013 at 14:27

@wongo: Nobody at the moment, but as Nickola says we have the squad to get out of this and we all know what one result can do. If Lomas did, and it's a big if, pull out a win against the leaders and our local rivals, things will look a whole lot rosier in a matter of days. Lomas has two games to prove that he might have what it takes but it's a long road back for him now whatever happens.

• September 15, 2013 at 12:08

We'll get out of this mess with our current squad, but not with Lomas at the helm.

@mewall62:

• September 15, 2013 at 11:43

I dont think SL is a good manager for this league maybe in league one , as they said on the football league show he doesn't no his best 11 yet and we are 6 games in and we have used the most players in the league 23 that is when he keeps changing the team it never gels . I don't get why he never starts robbo at the back i think shittu is useless now robbo should replace him , if we do not get a win against blackpool and charlton away which im going to he will definitely be out .

• September 15, 2013 at 12:14

The sad thing is that if he was going to lose his job, that would have been yesterday or today at the latest.....
      An unlikely 2 points + from the next 2 games will see him hanging on, and we'll end up with the lowest points total ever in the history of the Championship.

@boblion:

• September 15, 2013 at 12:45

@NICKOLA: Do not despair Nickola, I have seen a lot worse at Millwall, (when Millwall were relegated from the old 1st division after spending £800,000 on a player who was useless) Every cloud has a silver lining as the old but well worn saying goes. I don't think it is going to be easy though. The only light in the tunnel is that there is a long way to go still, if it were January it would be desperate. Does it give enough time for SL to move on and a new manager to turn the team around? Action is needed now.

• September 15, 2013 at 12:26

well what a weekend @ millwall. im so gutted im speechless again one things for sure lomas nows how to make people that way .
    just read windsor lions comments and thought it was so appropriate , and whats more it made me laugh.
    just as well mill wall supporters have agood sense of humour
    as always .

• September 15, 2013 at 12:52

If there's w****** keep coming to the den only to cause trouble then theirs no point debating our poor form as that will be immaterial we'll be kicked out of the league anyway, my message...stay away you brainless morons!

• September 15, 2013 at 14:45

@mfcjon: Nice bit of brainless moronic name calling there john.

• September 15, 2013 at 13:00

@mfcjon
    Your right there but the vocal side of things are perfectly justified

• September 15, 2013 at 13:45

How many games makes a good or bad manager ? Other than results (obviously) I fully back all Lomas' signings. I wonder how much responsibility the players should take. It's so easy to blame Lomas and destroy him in the name of , " it's the manager's responsibility" . I think we should wind our necks in and give it until end of November at least. That gives us plenty of time to make adjustments on and off the pitch if things don't improve by then.

• September 15, 2013 at 14:21

@Block 8: I admire your optimism and I always said nine games in at the end of September will give us an idea of where we are at but two points from eighteen is bad enough but the style of the defeat on Saturday after two supposedly improved performances really worries me. It might have been just one of those days where everything they hit flew in but because of the poor start Lomas can't afford these. I've said all along that all this formation talk is nonsense. From day one he should've picked his best eleven. If the player is 70% fit, replace him after an hour, don't leave him on the bench and bring him on to chase a game. Robbo, Trotter and Henry on the bench yesterday was dumbfounding. There must be concerns for Robbo's long term fitness or there is no explanation for his omission. Lomas gets four points from his next two and he will be our Manager until the end of November, any less and I fear for him, and worse, I fear for us.

• September 15, 2013 at 14:31

I think when SL was appointed the more sensible of us knew that if he didn't get off to a flyer that the west ham connection would quickly count against him. Personally, I couldn't give a t*** about that; and nor would most of us; in the highly unlikely event Andy Carrol came on loan and scored a hatful of goals he'd soon become one of us rather than one of them and HC remains a legend despite his west ham past. Results and performance had improved in the two games prior to yesterday and I was confident of a win!!! Yesterday started well till we conceded another sloppy goal and then we just fell apart. Players no longer wanted the ball (McDonald apart) and you could see the confidence drain out of the players. The players as well as SL have to take responsibility for that as do we the fans, once the first goal went in the crowd lost belief too, even those who didn't boo. I think collectively we need a bit of luck to turn things around, especially at home. I know that we are all armchair managers but I think we need to bring Robbo and Trotts in from the start on Tuesday.

• September 15, 2013 at 15:04

He doesn't have a choice but to play Robinson and Trotter in my opinion.
      'Some players have been here too long, got too comfortable and gone stale'. Well that can only be aimed at the back four that he inherited because just about everyone else are the new players. I listened to his post match interview on the BBC website, he said he hopes Morison is fit soon and I thought what's he got to do with it ? It's not the attack that's the problem, it's the supply to them from midfield and the defence that's got more holes than swiss cheese.

@Adsy77777:

• September 15, 2013 at 16:45

@NICKOLA: As I keep repeating if the forwards and midfield cannot hold the ball up and keep losing it as they did a lot yesterday thyen the defenders are under constant pressure. As soon as the ball goes up front it goes back again. The midfield in first half were just as culpable at losing it with some wayward passing and Keogh kept falling over himself or losing the ball. There seemed little co-ordination between the defenders-midfield and forward line uni Waghorn and Trotter came on and by then it was too late.
        Still hindsight is easy, what is SL going to do about it? Surely there is no point in bringing in any more players there is no money anyway. SL has to work with what he has got so its down to him to put it right. We cannot expect miracles that's for sure but a steady improvement is what is needed. If he cannot do that then surely his days as manager are numbered.

I hear that West Ham fans are fed up with Sam Allardyce who used to play at the back for Millwall. I would not say no to a swap, at least he knows a lot about defending and knows a lot about Millwall.
        (West Ham haters will not like that suggestion)

• September 15, 2013 at 16:59

Watching West Ham at Southampton at the moment. Not impressed with either. Allardyce isn't going to quit West Ham. We'll only get an out of work manager or, more likely, the board will stick with Lomas.

Peckhamlad:

• September 15, 2013 at 19:34

@NICKOLA: you are probably right but is Gus Poyet still looking for a job?

• September 15, 2013 at 16:56

Certainly one of the worse Millwall showings I've ever seen. Agree with most of what's already been posted. Personally, what I found most disappointing was that we looked a yard slowly than Derby. It's one thing to be technically inferior - and we were - but it's inexcusable to be less fit than the oppos.

Also don't understand why we defended so deep. OK, Shittu's got no pace but Derby were playing to feet, not knocking balls over the top, so don't understand why we didn't put more pressure on the ball further up the pitch.

• September 15, 2013 at 17:39

I wud like to see lomas out and poyet in...need a manager who is gonna s*** it up in the away dressing room and turn the den back to being an uncomfortable place for travelling teams

• September 15, 2013 at 18:49

can we afford poyet?

• September 15, 2013 at 19:01

they can't afford to keep lomas on any longer tbh...i know what is gonna happen lomas will get given up until christmas and if that don't work out they will let harris step in coz it won't cost much

• September 15, 2013 at 19:04

@HERMAN: if we like it or not lack of money is going to dictate the final decision

• September 15, 2013 at 19:01

we look behind other teams in terms of fitness,derby were leaving us standing.stillon to many occasions,take a look at the forth goal trotter points to a millwall to cover the wingers run,then stands still to allow their runner into the box to score,was this a basic error or did lack of fitness play its part.
    the fitness of this squad has to be looked at.
    im told the players love the fitness coach,well imo he should be working harder so they should be hating him,but when you look at his physic is he capable of doing the job because he cant lead by example

• September 15, 2013 at 19:36

@jim1222: You are right, a former Millwall player told me the players like the fitness coach but he thought the coach was hopeless.

• September 15, 2013 at 19:23

All those people who wanted lomas you should be ashamed for wanting a know one to the side

• September 16, 2013 at 00:05

@mfcmike: sorry mike aint got a clue what ur saying

• September 15, 2013 at 19:54

it took me a week to calm down that you had been appointed in the first, place then i gave you a chance but c****** off our players saying they are stale is not acceptable they are what made milllwall , millwall loyal players is the word you're looking for and then saying in the same breath we need to stick together is baffling sorry but you have left me no choice ginge LOMAS OUT!!!

• September 16, 2013 at 00:15

@steveomfc5: i have to disagree steve just take a look at shittu he has failed to get his feet off the ground when three headed goals have gone in, he has lost out completely with headers in the box not so last year,lomas mistake was not to sort the defense out,but on last years perfomances he must have thought it was the forwards and not the defense that was the problem.

• September 15, 2013 at 20:00

I have been a supporter for well over 30 years and have seen some crap performances in that time. Bringing in a manager like Lomas appeared to be a good idea but he had no pedigree. He has never managed at this level and would always struggle to win over the fans because of that west ham connection. This should have made no difference and the fans should have been 100% behind him. The players he has signed have been goo signings. It was just a question of could they play together. Over the years I have seen a good number of players who have been proud to wear the shirt. Yesterday I saw only 2 players willing to try and get something from this game (McDonald and Waghorn) and they can hold their heads up and should start together on Tuesday. The others just looked like they were playing Sunday league football. We saw arguing amongst players and the so called fans in the lower East stand shame the club again. Lomas is stating he will get rid of the stale players. From what I saw yesterday that's half the team. I agree with other members on line here stating that we should be giving encouragement to the team and not booing. If we do not get this right soon, yes we may go down. Therefore I feel that if results do not turn around quickly (to Leeds at home maybe), Lomas must either be sacked or resign. Let's get behind the team instead of giving them grief on Tuesday. COYL.

• September 15, 2013 at 20:12

3 wins off the play off spots. Still think they will come good.....

• September 15, 2013 at 20:22

SL has got to go now. Different from my previous posts as I was willing to give him a chance, but he has lost the fans, and probably the players by the looks of it. Not sure who could change things quickly but someone like Poyet would be my choice.

• September 15, 2013 at 20:29

No matter what your current opinion it doesn't look like Lomas is going right now. So it's time for us all to shut up and get behind the team to get the win we desperately need v Blackpool. The players have a lot of responsibility on Tuesday, they need to come out all guns blazing, forget about the crowd and blitz Blackpool from the start. If they don't and they put in another lackluster performance it'll say more about what Lomas is doing at the helm than any of the pathetic insults on here.

• September 15, 2013 at 20:57

Interesting point above about the fitness coach and the fact that the players don't seem fit enough. I remember reading a comment from one of the players saying that Lomas was doing much more ball work than Jackett used to pre-season. Might be coming back to haunt him.....

• September 15, 2013 at 21:18

@walshy:

Ball work?! What with a beach ball?

• September 15, 2013 at 21:24

The fitness coach looks like he cud be good at pointing his finger about like a foreman but thats about it....he needs to worry about his own fitness before trying to let others know about there's....the price to pay for dropping out this league is alot more than just getting the right manager in...poyet is a great manager in every sense as he started with struggling brighton and got them moving in the right direction with players some people would have never thought of buying...i just reckon a manager like him wud bring some fresh ideas that are needed for playing in this league...staying in the championship is worth alot more than thinking about the expense of a manager that will keep them there...I compare the SPL to league 2 so wud never have considered a manager from there and not even lennon wud deserve to be millwall manager as he has an easy job

• September 15, 2013 at 23:24

One of us could throw our hat in the ring for the manager's job.
    I'll do it for £50k a year and a bonus for each home win of £5k, my CV is on its way to the club now ; )

• September 15, 2013 at 23:45

Cheaper than Lomas at any rate.
      Lomas is on a rolling one year contract and I assume Harford is too. Multiply their joint weekly wage by 52 and you can see what the problem is going to be..............

@WestKentLion:

• September 16, 2013 at 00:21

Sorry folks but Poyet would never come. Firstly he had a problem with the vision going forward at Brighton, what sort of war chest could we offer him?!? Zip that's what. Secondly, the board will struggle to pay the Lomas compo (coz he'll never walk!!) let alone folk out for a decent manager. If we could have got better we would have in the summer. Bomber's the only option for financial reasons as mention above. Bit like shearer at Newcastle, probably take us down. Hope I'm wrong of course but times running out fast before we get cut off at the bottom. Stick or twist?? A big week coming up for our club.

• September 16, 2013 at 09:17

I am a season ticket holder and have supported Millwall for 56 years, what we need is to remember that we have a lot of young players who need the crowd to lift them, not s*** them off, that's why it's easier to play away games!!!!! So please be real Millwall, and make the DEN a fortress again, lets get right behind the team and yes, the manager to!! Things can only get better!!!!

• September 16, 2013 at 15:37

@leemark: right on leemark I totally agree with what you said .

• September 16, 2013 at 15:36

you are right Leemark I to have supported Millwall for 46 years and have lived thru the Peter Anderson days and the George Petchy and the Nigel Spackmen black days watch us get promoted from the old third division and to the old first division the old den was my second home the crowd always back the players and we was the 12th man .during the games we back the boys and at the end if we lost we would let them know and now we s*** them off and fight amongst our self's where's the pride gone or have we been spoilt by the Wembley visits or did last season cup run paper over the cracks and major surgery was needed to the team I cant say I was pleased by Lomas appointment. but he is the manager in situ so we need to back him and show over teams we are special and to those who want to fight and throw missiles stay away the club doesn`t need or want you show passion not violence but most off all lets stick together.