Exclusive: N'Guessan asks Millwall fans for a second chance

© Brian Tonks
© Brian Tonks

DANY N’Guessan has asked Millwall fans to give him a second chance.

N’Guessan incurred the wrath of The Den faithful last season when he stormed down the tunnel after being substituted against Crystal Palace – only 15 minutes after coming on.

The 25-year-old was subsequently criticised by former boss Kenny Jackett, who questioned his "passion" and commitment to the cause.

N'Guessan received a mixed reception from Lions supporters when he came on in Paul Robinson's testimonial match against Rayo Vallecano last Saturday.

But the Frenchman believes the "full story" behind his disastrous cameo against the Eagles has never come out – and that he has been harshly treated as a result.

He said: "Nobody outside of the club really knows the full story – and you could tell by the way the fans reacted that was the case.

"We were in trouble, we needed points but I had been injured for two weeks with a knee problem. By the Palace game, it was feeling better but I wasn't 100 per cent fit.

"The manager phoned me on the Sunday night before the game to ask me how I was. I told him I wasn't fully fit but that if he needed me to do a job for the team, I would. Kenny thought I could make it through 15 minutes or half an hour, so I said, 'okay, that’s fine.'

"So he brought me on but after my second touch I felt a sharp pain in my knee. I think Kenny could see straight away that I wasn't fit, even though I told him that beforehand.

"It wasn't my best performance but that’s understandable when I was not fit. It was very disappointing when he took me off, because it made me look bad. I was hurting.

"Taking me off like that was embarrassing for me, so I wanted Kenny to feel the same. Things between Kenny and me had been bad  since I asked to join Charlton last summer.

"To be honest, he treated me like rubbish. When I look back, I wish I had walked off the pitch a little bit quicker, but at the time all that was going through my head was the fact that people didn't know what had actually happened.

"I don't feel sorry for myself because it can happen to any player – like Fernando Torres at Chelsea. Now I need to make a fresh start."

N’Guessan knows he faces an uphill battle to win the fans over again – but he is determined to give it his best shot.

"I'm sorry if I offended anyone but nobody would like to be treated like that," he said. "It's hard for me at the moment but I hope the fans give me a second chance to show them what I can do. I will fight for my place in the team. I can't force the fans to give me a second chance but I will stay strong.

"Kenny's gone now and it's a fresh year with a new manager, so I'll keep working hard and stay focused on getting into the team.

"Steve Lomas has spoken to me a lot since he came in. I haven't played much in the last couple of years so it's been important for me getting my fitness back in pre-season games. I'm happy and I'm still under contract here – at the end of the day it's not all about me."

[poll id="10"]

93 thoughts on “Exclusive: N'Guessan asks Millwall fans for a second chance

• August 1, 2013 at 08:34

I think it's time to move on and give the gut a second chance now, at least he's said his side of the story now!!

• August 1, 2013 at 08:35

The guy^^^

• August 1, 2013 at 11:50

i would never normally give him a second chance KJ should have known how important games against CP are do or die and should not have let him play( if what he says is true), but if we was to he could do a good job for us, if he stays there's no point in booing him coz it'll have a negative impact on the team. SL has been given the chance to rebuild our team to make a serious push for the top 6 with the backing from the board, so its the supporters do the same, i know some of you will say you have a right to free speech and i agree, but lets give DNG a gee next time he comes and let him play himself back into our good books - he can be a real handfull and can score goals.

• August 1, 2013 at 08:43

This should have been made clear ages ago, major error by the club IMO for not forcing an apology sooner. There is a lot we the fans don't know about, and it won't help anyone if he keeps getting stick every game. I personally think Nguessen is s*** and shouldn't be anywhere near our side. But if he plays I'll support him. Already called him a c*** a few times in pre season anyway, think its time to just put it to bed.

• August 1, 2013 at 11:16

The only thing that I disagree with in your post is that it should never have come to the point where the club had to force an apology, Dany should have come out after the game,apologised to the fans and explained his side of the story,as he must have know he was finished at the club anyway.

• August 1, 2013 at 13:26

@82wall:
      Exactly, the bloke couldn't give two shits if the club are forcing an apology out of him. I can't believe what i'm reading on here at times, feel as if i'm on a Palace website.

• August 2, 2013 at 09:49

@82wall:
      Agree about leaving it too long before we have been given the full story but I think it is good that he has asked for a second chance. He is going to have to work bloody hard to achieve our forgiveness.
      Can only be a good thing in the long run.

• August 1, 2013 at 08:43

I'm not holding any grudges cos I quite like N'Guessan but he had injury and it severed during the match so KJ took him off.. I don't know really I can't asked to debate about it, if he has apologised and wants to put on the lions shirt and wants to go out there and prove himself then I'd say f****** let him!

• August 1, 2013 at 08:44

Danny, you deserve a second chance, I heard that Kenny didn't even speak to John Marquis often and didnt tell him he wasn't even on the bench until they arrived at Wembley!! Hopefully Lomas will be better at letting players know where they stand!!!!!!

• August 1, 2013 at 08:44

about f****** time this guy appologised for his childish ways last season, i do however beleive Jacket had lost the changing room by then and DNG was one player to be made a scape goat! i remember Kenny bringing on Bouaza and the crowd turned against him and were shouting at KJ to take him off and all KJ could do was turn round to the crowd and tell them to give the guy a f****** chance - bit harsh i thought then 5 minutes later subbed him!!

• August 1, 2013 at 08:51

What DNG does now for SL is what matters - if he doesn't show the pride and commitment needed when wearing a Lions shirt in the future then he will have blown the chance he is being given. I would ask why it has taken him so long to tell this to the fans.

• August 1, 2013 at 08:54

problem is we never know the background so his honesty is refreshing...so forget the previous and give the guy the support he wants. a refreshing change

• August 1, 2013 at 08:55

Well Bertie posted on here a while ago that DNG should be interviewed by N at D to put his side of events. I'm glad this has now been done. I think he should be given the chance and if it proves that he can't cut it in a now forward thinking Millwall side then its goodbye as I'm sure he will want to go anyway.
    Come on the 'wall!

• August 1, 2013 at 09:53

Yeah, well done NAD, this interview was sorely needed.@REAL Supporter:

• August 1, 2013 at 08:57

This is all good and well but my problem is he simply isnt good enough in the team we have built for next season good on him for apologising but i dont think he can cut it in this league

• August 1, 2013 at 09:48

@mfc123: That may well be the case and the result will be bye bye. But SL has shown himself to be a shrewd manager in the little time he has been here and if he can see something in DNG then great, it can only help our cause. Like most people on here I was livid at his antics against Palace but as supporters we rarely get the whole story. If DNG wants to wear our shirt and battle for selection then that is good enough for me. He could after all just sit on his a*** drawing his wages for the rest of his contract so good on him it shows character and thats what we like. If it doesn't work out at least both sides will know and we may get a small fee for him.
      While he is wearing the shirt he is part of the team and representing MFC so to boo and abuse him will affect his and the rest of the teams performance thus helping the opposition and we don't want that do we ? If you want to boo the players do it to the opposition and get behind our team they will need all the help they can get.

• August 1, 2013 at 09:00

Finally, an explanation that shouldve been released by the club ages ago. I doubt hes get away with something like this under SL

• August 1, 2013 at 14:19

@KingJimboUK: He is getting away with it under SL. KJ was adamant that he wouldn't play for the club again.

• August 1, 2013 at 09:15

I forgive you! Just score goals you penus!

• August 1, 2013 at 09:15

It's over to Him now isn't it. If he can produce all WILL be forgotten as tends to the case in football. If he does not produce then its not an issue really. For me this interview purchases DNG a ticket to the last chance saloon.

• August 1, 2013 at 09:17

I didn't boo him on Saturday and he did let us down. He has now apologised which is the right thing to do. But I don't think he is good enough, he needs some dynamite sub appearances to bring us around. At the end of the day if Charlton want him and will take his contract the it may be best for all if he leaves.

• August 1, 2013 at 09:25

...on the proviso that he scores 30 goals this season!

• August 1, 2013 at 09:29

There are always two sides to a dispute like this and I think Dany was never given a fair crack of the whip. He is a good player but like all of us needs encouragement . Players are not automons they have feelings and emotions and struggles like all human beings. I hope Dany is given a break by the fans and support, he obviously wants to do well and play for Millwall. I feel KJ lost touch with some of his team last season which resulted in a fall in spirit. SL obviously like Dany and I hope we will see that confidence transfer itself into a sharper Dany N'Guessan on the pitch with a hatful of goals this season. I hope too that a little less bad language is used to describe Millwall players, they are our team.

• August 1, 2013 at 14:11

@Peckhamlad: I totally agree here, lets get behind the boys and SL this season, they all need our support, not petty booing!!!
      COYL

• August 1, 2013 at 09:41

I cant help but think DNG is talking s*** here, however, that may have something to do with that smug picture of him at the top of the page. I am still willing to give him a second chance though and I'm never one for booing our own players so will be cheering him on (if he makes an appearance) the same as I would the rest of the team when we face Yeovil on Saturday.

• August 1, 2013 at 09:43

If he wasn't fit and his knee went the logical thing to have done was to wave to the bench and come off. Can see that there was an issue with Jackett previously as that's obvious, but if he felt his knee go he should have been happy to be substituted so his statements don't quite dovetail for me.

• August 1, 2013 at 10:45

@NICKOLA: I tend to agree with you Nick - if it was me I would have given my side long before now! But moving forward..........

• August 1, 2013 at 09:48

I think he is a decent player but he is not showing it. He needs to stay on the bench get subbed on and when he dose he needs to put more effort in. I think we should give him another chance.

• August 1, 2013 at 09:50

N'Geussan asking for 2nd chance, just goes to so how out of touch with wall fans he is, we don't forgive or forget.
    Has this 'injury' ever been confirmed by the club, No, & as for laying the blame at the best manager we've ever had now he's gone, he needs to think again.
    He needs to prove it on the pitch, then just maybe he might be accepted, nothing other than an outstanding performance with goals next time he;s on the picth will do,
    till then he's a wage thief & not fit to wear the shirt & iv'e got the feeling most likely always will be

• August 1, 2013 at 10:11

@cabbypetemfc: If KJ was "the best manager we ever had" (A contentious opinion as John Docherty and George Graham were far better imo) how comes Millwall dropped into relegation trouble last season? You cannot blame N'Guessand for that. I do forgive and want him to be given a clean slate and chance to prove himself and ability. Its not up to us to make demands either, if all the players give their 100% best then no complaints. if not then it is up to SL to sort it out. WE must get behind the team and manager for Millwall's future. Move on-and upwards.

• August 1, 2013 at 09:58

Yep, it's easy to lay the blame at KJ, he was not blameless but one of his main attributes was his honesty with players and fans...so if he is no talking to you it must mean he doesn't think much of you as a player. I also agree that storming off the pitch is not the reaction of someone carrying an injury and in need of treatment. I will give DNG a chance to redeem himself and I won't boo him, but he has to start contributing to better team performances and start putting the ball in the net. He wasted too many good opportunities last season and too often drifted out of the game entirely. Also, the hotdags a the Den need more condiments, and I blame KJ for the lack of pickles!!!!!

• August 1, 2013 at 10:01

He is on a hiding to nothing. There is no chance he will ever be accepted, he is not the right fit for Millwall. I think the reason he has come out like this is becasue no other club has shown an interest, and he has no other option. Still, if he does play and scores the winner in a game, I will be cheering as loud as anyone. We all hate shirkers, and if he does play and shows the attitude he did last season, my advice would be 'don't ever bother coming back'

• August 1, 2013 at 10:09

wont boo him no more but still dont like the smug p****. look at the photo.

• August 1, 2013 at 10:13

He is wrong if he thinks he is disliked just for the Palace game in which KJ said he failed to follow the instructions given. It is about the lack of passion shown in most of his performances, for the glaring misses, losing the ball and not chasing to win it back, wearing gloves when it gets a little chilly (man up) and publicly describing Charlton as a "proper club" compared with Millwall. He doesn't want to be here but nobody, including his preferred SE London club, wants him. I will not boo him when wearing a Wall shirt but he needs to make a James Henry type transformation to be seen as worthy of wearing that shirt.

• August 1, 2013 at 10:18

Too little too late.Like most others,won't boo him but still don't want him in the team.3 points on Saturday please. Onwards and upwards.COYL!!!

• August 1, 2013 at 10:19

Ok on last chance but S L &dng should know the way we felt after the pailass game . Show up & be counted & we will be with you Hide & you can F********. C O Y L.

• August 1, 2013 at 10:29

Looks like old Les has just been censored that will p*** him off even more. Blood pressure must be peaking a bit today. lol

• August 1, 2013 at 10:50

@Sealion: My blood pressure is fine - that of a far younger man I'm told. Seemed to me that if you dare mention the Southwark News in a less than worshipful light your comment is taken down. Shows what a sad state of affairs we now live under where reasonable opinion can't be expressed. As a newspaper I reckon the Southwark News is almost useless. Let's see if criticism is allowed.

• August 1, 2013 at 10:52

@Old_Les: I know what you mean Les, what ever happened to free speech ?

• August 1, 2013 at 13:49

@benzo: I'm sure you're well qualified to judge but I need to assure you that it's not me in your mirror.

• August 1, 2013 at 10:36

I've spoken to Dany about this before, he's one of my clients - my firm insures his car! His name is actually Djombo! He admitted he was silly and said there was longstanding tension with KJ - personally I think he's a nice enough guy but more importantly I'd rsather have him on the left side than Woolford so new season, new manager, new era - hope DNG has a good season and gets a goal against the Anoraks then all will be sweet!! COYL!!

• August 1, 2013 at 11:37

I'd rather have Martin on the left hand side. We'lll see how long DNG lasts on the bench.

@TheBermondseyBomber:

• August 1, 2013 at 10:39

I'm sorry, if someone hides in a Millwall shirt then I don't want him wearing it again. He can have whatever issues he wants with management but you give your all for the cause regardless! Far too many players these days think they are the dog b******* & untouchable but they are happy to live off their millions while spouting b******* about "slave labour" & being "treated like a dog". I'm afraid DNG is just a Primark version of the Premiershite prima donnas & he can go f*** himself as far as I'm concerned!

• August 1, 2013 at 10:50

Dont know about the previous 32 posts here today some I agree with others I dont, but DNG firstly did not act in a correct manner at the Palace game so what would he expect from the supporters, The injury he said he had was this ever verified by the club, and also he wants to be given a second chance I as others would give him that if he produces several good displays (but we cant forget what he done).

Imo opinion I would think he will be well down the pecking order as a starting striker this season and I also am of the opinion that this plee to be forgiven is to do with him not being able to move on from Millwall, I dont think its from the heart as he could have had his tantrum with KJ in the dressing room after the match, thus not making the faithful dislike him.

• August 1, 2013 at 10:55

So in summary, we will tolerate him if he produces, but we may never accept him back into the fold....

• August 1, 2013 at 10:58

This should have been said ages ago, but glad it has been now. You have to remember he is still young, but he is strong and powerful with a touch like a trampoline! He has time to improve, whether that will be here I don't know, but if SL considers him good enough to play, I will back him, as long as he gives his all.

• August 1, 2013 at 10:58

It could be a win win for us. If he is as good as his word and gets his nut down and gives it a go he will add value to his worth. We can then flog him on for a bit cash to any interested parties. He will have to face facts that with some of the players we now have in the squad he will not make the 1st team.

• August 1, 2013 at 10:59

By the way..I was not at the Palace game.

• August 1, 2013 at 11:09

I personally feel like this is not an explanation but rather an excuse. It is all too easy for Dany to blame KJ now that he has left the club, we all know that KJ had issues with some of the players, but each of the players are accountable for how they act once they get on to the pitch. If he really did pick up an injury then surely he would have been grateful to be taken off, none of what he says sits right in my eyes. I feel like there is not a sincere apology in there anywhere and that he is simply trying to tread water until he can get out of the club,the way he treated the fans and the club that night was disgusting. I also feel like the reason it has taken him so long to come up with this interview is because the club have made him do this after saturday and also because he had to think up a good enough excuse. The fact that he asked to leave the club to go to charlton tells you everything you need to know, and the second that a club came in for him he would 100% jump ship.
    However that being said, I will always support any player that comes on wearing a lion on their chest and giving 100% for the club, but he does have a lot to do to gain any respect from me.
    I think that Dany could maybe do a job for us as an impact sub on the left wing, he is better that woolford, and might have some energy and pace late on in the game, but for me he would never ever get near a strikers position.
    Down to you Dany, prove me wrong and show us what you've got!!

• August 1, 2013 at 11:33

Its a new season and he's finally said his bit I think everyone should get behind dng and see if he really means what he says. If he starts playing well and scores goals I'm happy bottom line just give your all for the mighty wall! So yea every one needs to back him hes a mfc player at the end of the day! If he don't live up to his promises and doesn't give his all for the club then fair enough he don't deserve to be here but for now he needs backing and 2nd chance!!!

• August 1, 2013 at 11:35

How can we question his passion or commitment? The guy done what he done because he was hurt about being taken off!! If he didn't have passion or commitment Ie didn't care then he wouldn't of showed that emotion... DNG isn't the greatest player we have but to be fair if your gonna put that shirt on and run around like a school kid going for everything and give us "the fans" what we want then its easy, Dany go do what you gotta do Geezer I'm behind ya 100%

• August 1, 2013 at 12:02

@trueblue81: Don't forget your foam hand on Saturday

• August 1, 2013 at 12:39

@Old_Les:
        Problem is that them foam hands make it really hard to hold my vuvuzela lol 😉

• August 1, 2013 at 11:48

On a different subject, does anyone know what's happening with shorey, dicker, zuiverloon and Richardson? Or have I been hibernating and missed the news?

• August 1, 2013 at 12:22

Shorey and Dicker are still there as far as I know. Looney didn't make the cut and Richardson was having talks with Boro (I think) but not signed to anyone yet. Think you can forget about Richardson and Looney if Mears is signing on a season long loan-today by all accounts.

@Profiler4:

• August 1, 2013 at 13:44

@NICKOLA: He turned us down Nik, wants to stay in the NW for family reasons - the search continues.......

• August 1, 2013 at 14:31

@NICKOLA: Just looked up shorey on wikipaedia and it says there that he has signed for us. True or False?

• August 1, 2013 at 11:56

This sounds a bit fishy to me and looks like a reasonably well managed PR attempt to get us all onside, which in itself is good to see the club trying to make the most of their assets.

Cos you never know he could come good and I'm not gona turn down any goals, but When I saw him strut off the pitch on that day he certainly didn't look that injured......

• August 1, 2013 at 11:57

Its a new start for everyone a new manager and backroom staff so lets back ALL our players, we can boo them when they are playing against us when they move on.

• August 1, 2013 at 12:01

Far too late in the day for apologies or excuses - and certainly using the last refuge of a coward which is to blame someone else i.e. Kenny Jackett (who served this club far better than N'Guessan). Perhaps if (for example) Uwe Rosler had been our manager then N'Guessan may have collaborated with him better but that is sheer speculation on my part as we will never know. I would never buy the Southwark News though

• August 1, 2013 at 12:02

I thought he had a good game against palace !

• August 1, 2013 at 12:05

On another subject ,according to the website we could be without trotter,Martin, McDonald and bailey tomorrow, that's a bit of an anti- climax if true.

• August 1, 2013 at 12:15

Ill give him a second chance, as a winger not a striker.

• August 1, 2013 at 13:32

@benzo:

Didn't you just say Les is a strange one?So you would play someone who runs the ball out for a throw or goal kick at every chance, can't cross, can't shoot, can't head, can't pass on the wing. Ok righto.

• August 1, 2013 at 15:52

@stevie16: yeah I would. If you go to games, you'd have seen his first appearance for us where he played on the wing and looked really good.
        And yes I do think les is a strange one, always talking s*** and banging on about the southward news.

• August 1, 2013 at 16:13

@benzo: Which simply proves what an utter nob you are today being the first time I've mentioned the Southwark News anywhere let alone on here - hardly "always" banging on is it. N'Guessan didn't look "really good" in his first game. He came on as sub and was OK on the right wing - I have a feeling he might have created a goal but I could be wrong . Ever since then his only performance was first half at home v Bristol City (poor side and relegated) and for the rest of his time on the pitch he's variously demonstrated a first touch that goes further than most players can kick it, unmatched ability for missing the target fro a couple of feet out and the worse attitude I've seen from a Millwall player in my life. I'm sure you must be about 12 in which case I'll put your opinions down to youth

• August 1, 2013 at 18:01

@benzo:

I go to games, infact i travel 6 hour round trip to The Den to watch that excuse for a player try and kick a ball. So you are basing giving DNG another chance on 1 alright performance he has had?I will base my opinion on the Palace game and raise you all the s*** non exsitent performances where he just strolled round not giving a f***.

• August 1, 2013 at 12:20

Should have let him join Charlton.. one thing forgiving him for a s**t performance but another for admitting to wanting to leave us and join them. I don't like him as a player so I think we should get rid!

• August 1, 2013 at 13:02

As many have said, fresh start, new beginnings...
    So p*** off!

• August 1, 2013 at 13:34

I can smell the BS from across the Irish Sea. Get rid of this manchild. Boo hoo I had a sore knee, boo hoo the boss didn't like me, boo hoo I was embarrassed. You ARE an embarrassment N'Guessan.

• August 1, 2013 at 14:07

Weren't at the palarse game but with what I gather it didn't sound like he was that injured when he trundled off. When he came out with all that s*** about the anoraks the club should have got rid of him immediately. Obviously no-one wanted him so we got stuck with him. In my opinion if you put on any football shirt regardless of what team you give 100% every game. Footballers, even at this level earn wages that most of us can only dream of.Far too many of them have their heads up their own arses. I think this explanation is far too late. Someone in the clubs hierarchy must have realised he'd p***** most supporters off big time and should have told him that if he wants to stay and prove his worth he should have done so months ago. Personally I won't boo any millwall player but he has to have one hell of a season to get me to change my opinion of this immature p****.

• August 1, 2013 at 14:24

@SE11 Lion: If he was injured and 'felt a sharp pain' in his knee, why didn't he go down for treatment like every other professional player does? This is all BS. Get rid!

• August 1, 2013 at 14:47

And can someone do something about that picture, not exactly gonna help his image is it?

• August 1, 2013 at 14:55

He will underperform get dogs abuse claim rasist abuse drag us through the mud then jog on with a nice little pay off .
    Get rid now would be my advice , he wont be consistant enough to keep us on side and will be the scapegoat when things aint going well ,reminds me of grabban , ( reason enuff to get rid lol )
    Prove us all wrong danny .

• August 1, 2013 at 15:08

What more can he do or say don't forget Morrison was booed for weeks before he left now he's welcomed back as an hero so give him another chance Lomas must see something in him

• August 1, 2013 at 15:22

@markbrowns: Mark Moro proven goal scorer DNG proven p****!!

• August 1, 2013 at 16:12

New here. Great forum.
    "I don't feel sorry for myself..." Not much! I can believe that he may have had issues with KJ; personality clashes happen everyone. However, "...after my second touch I felt a sharp pain in my knee. I think Kenny could see straight away that I wasn't fit..." so KJ did the right thing and takes off an injured player? Err no, not according to DNG: "...It was very disappointing when he took me off, because it made me look bad. I was hurting. Taking me off like that was embarrassing for me, so I wanted Kenny to feel the same."
    Hope that he proves me wrong this season but, he just sounds like a real pain in the a***. Always someone else's fault.

Anyway, exciting times. COYL!

• August 1, 2013 at 16:15

What a pack if lies, if memory serves me correctly on every occasion that he had the ball that night he tried to take on defenders trying to beat them three or four times rather than passing to a team mate, b***** did he have a bad knee

• August 1, 2013 at 16:19

Get rid (if possible) "I wanted him to feel the same!! I wanted to join charlton!!" Seriously? I would never in my dreams boo a wall player but this feller.....

• August 1, 2013 at 16:28

Millwall fans (me) should give him another chance hes a really good player but i dont think he shows it.

• August 1, 2013 at 16:31

Put a hard shift in, score lots of goals and everyone will be licking your a*** /b*lls by the end of the season. Waltz around the pitch like you would rather be somewhere else, dont expect to gain any fans.

Respect works both ways! Work hard and be proud of our club otherwise jog on we want blokes that are proud to walk out for our team and put everything into it.

• August 1, 2013 at 17:02

I cannot believe some of the negative comments and attitudes on here. Every club seems to have a figure some have a grudge against. It is as though those few want to spoil the season already. Give the guy a break, and let him breath and encourage rather than discourage. I really hope N'Guessan will play well and prove everyone wrong, but it is the team that counts, not individuals, they have to gel and work together. Lets be patient and see what SL can deliver. Last season is history. The team is going to need the magnificent support the fans are renowned for. I am not going to waste space on this subject anymore and concentrate on the first game Saturday. Its more important.

• August 1, 2013 at 17:22

As predicted he's come out and explained himself so thanks Danny boy for doing the right thing and manning up you have my blessing for a second chance.
    Good luck for the season ahead
    Ps if your not 100% fit please stand your ground and refuse to play.
    Thanks.

• August 1, 2013 at 20:31

Guys I must urge those who have voted that dng gets a second chance.
    Lets analyse what dng excuse is.
    1) stated he wasn't fit ( what a hero)
    2) didn't attempt to work whilst in a relagation battle against palace.
    3) jacket see he was injured or not putting a shift in (you choose makes no difference)
    If he was annoyed with manager for being a sub subbed then have tunnel / dugout bust up. But no he Walked of surrounded by jeers from me in particular, im saying what he done was embarrassing and disgusting, what a disrespectful p****.... Please re-vote no to a second chance....

• August 1, 2013 at 22:45

Big squad now with a few more still to arrive, so DNG would simply be one i'd look to ship out asap !
    If SL deems him required then fair enough.. he's the guvnor, but I'd want to see some goals both scored & assist provided by Xmas.

• August 2, 2013 at 01:32

People asking why has he just came out with this? and why did the club not make him apologise?

1 the club will not make him apologise if the know jacket was in the wrong to play unfit player
    2 how can he make full apology with explanation against jacket whist he is still in charge (the club wont back that)
    3 the rest of the squad would know if he is lying and it would be a bit muggy and cause major atmosphere in dressing room + Lomas will be told by senior players if its b*******.... i think hes telling truth

• August 2, 2013 at 10:04

@JONO:
      So someone who is saying he wasn't fit enough to come on is dissapointed about coming off is telling the truth? So its ok for a s*** player who doesn't give to shits about Millwall and wants to go to Charlton anyway, to mug off a manager who has been here for nearly 6 years, saved us from relegation to League 2, gave us 3 Wembley appearances just to name a few highlights? Unbelieveable.

• August 2, 2013 at 10:36

Bang on stevie16

• August 2, 2013 at 11:30

Just go out and do your job to the best of your ability, you know, the one you get paid a bucket load of money to do, the one where young kids look up at you as a hero/roll model and aspire to be like. Di that and im sure all will be ok, do it not and stand by to reep the repercutions and wrath of the WALL FAITHFUL......

• August 3, 2013 at 12:53

Perhaps these comments by DNG would not have been released by the club whilst KJ was still at the helm at the risk of undermining him.

Either way I am not won over by N'Guessan. Performances are the only way to prove to the fans that you've turned a corner.