Ex-Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean in Millwall running

© Matt Gilluley
© Matt Gilluley

STEVE Kean is one of the contenders still in the running to be the next Millwall manager, NewsAtDen understands.

Kean resigned as Blackburn Rovers boss last September following a largely unpopular two-year reign at Ewood Park, but the 45-year-old is well-respected within the game and is eager to return to work.

Reports earlier this month suggested incoming Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho wants Kean to join his backroom staff, such is the admiration for his ability as a coach.

The Lions are on the lookout for a thick-skinned artsandhealth.ie/sildenafil/ manager with a point to prove – and Kean ticks both of those boxes given his turbulent spell in Lancashire, during which he worked under intense pressure from chaotic owners and disillusioned fans.

He quit last season with Rovers third in the Championship table – claiming his position had become "untenable." Millwall are expected to appoint their new manager next week.

92 thoughts on “Ex-Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean in Millwall running

• May 31, 2013 at 00:31

NO. NO.

• May 31, 2013 at 00:31

Kean Out

• May 31, 2013 at 01:03

What the f*** are we doing we must be looking like a laughing stock to everyone else

• May 31, 2013 at 01:12

Widely regarded as an outstanding coach, admired by The Special One, left Blackburn in third place, tough enough to endure torrents of abuse from fans and lunatic owners - and yet people are queuing up to slaughter him on here!!!! Utter madness!!!!

• May 31, 2013 at 11:17

@Lonz:Lonz, not a problem with him as a coach, but I think people have an issue with him as a manager , ie the face of a club. He has superb credentials on the training ground and I don't doubt this for one minute, but when he stepped up to the main face, he struggled. unfortunately, rightly or wrongly this is what people remember him by, which, given his coaching pedigree, is very unfair, but he was annihilated by all and sundry during his spell at Blackburn Rovers...everyone just remembers him as a failure. Say 'Steve Kean' to anybody and they say back to you 'The bald bloke who f***** up Blackburn'.

• May 31, 2013 at 01:27

Better choice than Rosler, but would prefer McLeish.

• May 31, 2013 at 04:59

Firstly we have been linked to so many managers now, I can't decide whether this is another false dawn. But when you think about it he has all the attributes we are looking for.
    Higher Championship / Premiership experience and apparently a good coach.
    At Blackburn he was potrayed in some sections of the media as being a bit strange but this maybe because he was dealing with very poor owners.
    If true I think this would be a progressive appointment. Certainly better than Lomas. Also something to look forward to when we play Blackburn next season

• May 31, 2013 at 06:17

And it just gets better and better.
    How on earth can he "still" be a candidate
    I'm sorry if there's a couple who think this is the way forward but IMHO this certainly is NOT the way forward. Regardless of how difficult it was for him under the circumstances at Blackburn but we are not in a position to be picking the pieces up of someone's short managerial career. it's about time the people above understood US and started taking US seriously. banding all these names about on this site is bad enough I just hope the national papers aren't ready to publish this crap this morning cause we really will be a laughing stock. Why all of a sudden this name especially when there's REAL managers out there, out of work managers with serious experience who have a serious diary full of contacts. Yes I believe we need a coach and a good one at that but we first need a manager. so marinho allegedly wants him at Chelsea with him and our joke of a board see it fit to supposedly high jack the deal. What a load of old tosh. First we get told a decent young foreign coach is interested then when it's interview time he forgets he was on a family holiday, inbetween it all we get told we will be making a surprise appointment. Well if this is to be the surprise appointment then I'm on a different planet. I suggest the owner and the whole board forget the directors boxes next season and sit separately in the cheap seats sorry, there ain't any, with us next season so THEY can learn what it means to be wall so when they start looking for another manager they can practice what they preach. Stop taking the p*** out of us and concentrate on your jobs and get your alleged surprise. The only surprise I'm expecting is worse than the January transfer window cause that is the millwall way stacked full of s*** disappointment. I'd rather Roy keane than Steve.

• May 31, 2013 at 11:25

@lukesmithmfc: I live on the same planet as you Luke, this whole saga is just pathetic now. Getting really fed up with it. Instead of all this nonsense for example, we could have had McLeish in 2 weeks ago and he could have signed Jackson from Norwich, a proven goalscorer, on a free. The Big Eck could have been networking as we speak, getting fat Scottish fingers in pies all over the place.

• May 31, 2013 at 14:55

@Marshlion: yep I totally agree marsh I'm starting to believe they're deliberately throwing names around our sites this one especially just to see the fans reaction so they can then go with the one who comes out with the best support. Mcleish is surely the best equipped. I can understand if they've already got their man but are having difficulty announcing him cause of legal stuff like compensation but I honestly believe they do not yet know who they want. I also wouldn't be surprised if berylson has picked someone and told the rest of em to get a move on before his deadline of Monday. I don't believe we've missed out on too much concerning players being available at the end if the day we ain't got a manager so not much business can be done, that will take care of itself as of when. What worries me more is the time the new man has with trying to off load the players he don't want.
        I hope the next announcement on this site is the name of the new manager cause all this rubbish is a wind up.

• May 31, 2013 at 06:19

You've gotta be joking. WTF is going on down there? NO, NO, NO!!!

• May 31, 2013 at 07:00

This just gets worse

• May 31, 2013 at 08:00

He's a respected coach - ok, fine. There are loads if respected coaches - not all of them know how to manage a football team. Ignoring the fact that be is a laughing stock and will find it hard to command respect among fans and probably players - He only has two years' experience as a manager and they were pretty disasterous. Yes, he left Blackburn when they were 3rd - so what? We were up there as well for a few weeks.

We need someone who can manage a club, not just coach a team.

• May 31, 2013 at 08:06

I don't know enough about him to jump down his neck. Yes Blackburn went down, but largely with the squad that's in the Championship now and look at their position with a 25+ goal Rhodes in the team. He certainly never hid when the muck and bullets were flying around, so has good mentality. I would say that if we had a peek at the list on offer he would be one of the better ones on it. We're getting to the stage where beggars can't be choosers. From what we definitely know now however, my hat is still in the Mcleish ring

• May 31, 2013 at 08:10

It seems to me that this talk of an impending announcement ' next week ' was always due to the fact that Berylson was/is in the UK this week and therefore presumably returning to the USA this weekend. On that basis a decision would have been made weeks ago that his diary was going to dictate the timing of the new manager's name.
    He's personally interviewed in Paris. He and the board have, apparently, interviewed British candidates in the past two weeks in hotels in London. I can't for the life of me understand why, as of today, after an eternity, why an announcement cannot be made unless the 'surprise' is still under consideration and wasn't available for an interview until now.
    Either way, it's all going to come crashing down very quickly if the likes of Steve Kean are seriously in the running.

• May 31, 2013 at 08:10

As a Blackburn fan, I hope this isn't true for your sake....
    For those banding around "Premier league experience".... 1st season we only stayed up thanks to the points Sam Allardayce got us.. 2nd season we went down, seeing some of the worst football I've ever seen us play. Surrendering matches without even 1 shot all game, let alone 1 on target.
    3rd place when he left us? Yep.. BUT, if you had watched any of those games, the football was terrible and all the teams we were playing were sitting back scared due to us coming down from the Premiership. Once people realised our team was a mess, we started our decline..
    Anywho.. Just thought I'd offer a friendly warning... Apparently a great coach, but I think he'd be better off rekindling his managing career in the lower leagues for his sake... And maybe also because I couldn't stand to watch this guy give another press conference with all his masses of arrogance in tow.

• May 31, 2013 at 08:28

@RoverToYou:

Will you help us make some Kean out banners??

Also you say Kean got you playing rubbish football, what about big head Sams hoofball bully boy football!

• May 31, 2013 at 08:42

@Big Millwall:
        I was never involved in the Kean Out banners... But a lot of people I know thought it was the only way to get rid of a manager who the Venkys wouldn't sack, even though he was taking us down, getting thrashed and always coming out seeing positives when there clearly weren't any.
        I admit, I was happy to get rid of Allardayce and his horrible tactics that left me with a sore neck... after Kean failed to change our style, he reverted to this again though.
        Hope it does work out if out get him, it all got a bit out of hand after the first year and nobody really likes Allardayce. We could see he wasn't up to the task, the Venkys couldn't though.
        ANyway, wasn't trying to start an arguement, just saying he isn't really the messiah...

• May 31, 2013 at 08:51

@RoverToYou:

I know Rover, big head and Kean have one thing in common, they are both extremely arrogant!.

• May 31, 2013 at 17:07

@RoverToYou: when you played at the Den and beat us because of that diving cheating Cnut Handley you where actually playing the worse football I have seen for years..... You are in big trouble with Bowyer. ....... Ps loved the stadium why don't you lot makes some noise in it?

• May 31, 2013 at 08:52

@RoverToYou: Thanks for the insight Rover. I wasn't sure about this Kean bloke. It seems that on here, they either hate him or they're willing to give him a chance. After your post, I've come down on the 'haters' side. I personally now, don't want him anywhere near The Den next season.

• May 31, 2013 at 10:21

@RoverToYou: "without even 1 shot all game, let alone 1 on target." Sounds like he'd fit in perfectly at Millwall.

• May 31, 2013 at 08:24

On a positive note, he would be a better option than Lomas, Kean was never given a fair chance at Blackburn and their fans were embarrassing with the kean out banners, atleast at the den we are proper fans and we also show loyalty, so he would have support, it would be great if he came to us and made us a susscess story, also he hates big head Sam, we hate big head Sam too.

• May 31, 2013 at 08:42

My first reaction was bad when i read this but he does have a decent record in the Championship and he is certainly thick skinned. The players stood by him to the hilt so he clearly wins loyalty. I am not unhappy at this news, he has many contacts in the game also.

• May 31, 2013 at 09:03

Not Keen!!!!!!

• May 31, 2013 at 09:21

I could think of better canditates!!! Mcleash, Pullis, to mention 2!!!

• May 31, 2013 at 09:25

They have got to be in the running surely. Though nothing now would surprise me.
      @leemark:

• May 31, 2013 at 10:01

@leemark: @leemark: I'd be very happy with Pullis he has done well on limited budgets and seems to get the best out of his players.
      Not sure about Mcleash on the face of it he sounds a good bet BUT he is used to managing big teams why would he want to come here, the 1st offer from a bigger club and he would be off. Also didn't he leave one of his clubs because they wouldn't give him the funds for new players ? I would also imagine that he would not be cheap also seems to be a bit Bertie big b*****.
      But compared with most of the other names being bandied around I'd be happy with either.

• May 31, 2013 at 10:04

@Sealion: What is all this "your comment is awaiting moderation"
        nonsense and does that mean my post has not been posted anyone know ?

• May 31, 2013 at 10:06

It means that he's going to have a look at it before he posts it. Somewhat of a technical glitch I expect-
          @Sealion:

• May 31, 2013 at 10:09

@NICKOLA: Thanks Nick

• May 31, 2013 at 09:39

I know this has nothing to do with me but as a Blackburn season ticket holder do not go down this road for Gods sake .He may be a good , well respected coach ( you wouldn't beleive it from the crap we played under him ) but he is completely clueless as a manager .He has one plan and once it is obvious that does not work he has no idea of how to change things .Nothing is ever his fault , he used up the excuse book at our place and is always happy to blame anybody else to save his skin .While this man was manager we lost valuable members of staff who will never be replaced .The mess he was more than partly responsible for will take years for us to clean up .
    I would urge you all to make as much fuss as possible to ensure you do not get saddled with this clown . The only job he is fit for is managing Burnley !!
    You have been warned.........

• May 31, 2013 at 10:03

I take it all back. Kean Out!!! If you've had the good grace to come on here as a Blackburn fan then your better qualified than me to judge him.
      How do you lot rate Taylor by the way?

• May 31, 2013 at 10:25

@Swanny: I appreciate that we as Rovers fans have been portrayed in the press as moaning minnies who were not getting their own way .The majority of what is left of us are die hards who have been going for years .We may be football fans perceived as brain dead morons but we can see when someone is so far out of their depth it is not true .In the 35 years of watching Rovers we have never had a boss as inept as "bubblehead" and that includes Big Sam and his hoofball .In fact under BFS we may not have been pretty but were very effective .
        To answer your post you would be better with anybody bar dear Mr Kean .I will watch developments at the Den and just hope for you lot this does not happen .
        As an after thought have any Millwall fans been in touch with Wolves fans urging them to make a fuss? .The fact that we are taking the trouble to warn you about this man surely makes you think .
        The best of luck you may very well need it .

• May 31, 2013 at 10:08

@cs1717: Thanks for the insight cs1717. If we get Dyche then Burnley can have Kean and we will both be very happy. lol

• May 31, 2013 at 10:38

We'd be lucky to get him. Decent manager.

• May 31, 2013 at 10:38

There are so many people in football that make very good coaches but not so good managers!

• May 31, 2013 at 10:51

Seen a link from the Lancashire Telegraph which is linking Kean to Millwall via the association he had with Ambler whilst they were together at Fulham. Surely this is just desperate journalism??

• May 31, 2013 at 11:41

@NICKOLA: I sincerely hope so Nick !

• May 31, 2013 at 10:53

Jackett out? Kean out. He's not in. A.A.out. D.N.Guss out. Any one else?

• May 31, 2013 at 11:06

@malcolm03: Yeah, Woolford & Batt would not be a bad start

• May 31, 2013 at 11:04

Fk me, calm down everybody. It's more speculation at the moment, that's all.

• May 31, 2013 at 11:48

another f***n scotts man!!

• May 31, 2013 at 12:55

@Strood Lion:

Lots of decent managers come out of Scotland.

• May 31, 2013 at 14:11

@westlion: It seems to be that most non mainland European managers in the Prem are Scottish !

• May 31, 2013 at 14:14

@Sealion: I mean most non mainland Europe managers in the Prem are Scottish ! You now what I mean.

• May 31, 2013 at 14:55

Grateful for the feed back from Blackburn fans. So it looks like we should be grateful for Lomas then---God help us

• May 31, 2013 at 15:53

Bring back Tuttle rtaner than Keen.

To me there's only one runner and that's Warnock.

Controversial , passionate and a proven record at this level. a bit like us.

We don't need a front man technical coach, that's a back office job, we want someone in the players, press and boards faces.

Oh and whoever it is they need some moolah!

• May 31, 2013 at 15:53

jimmy nicholl!!!!!!!!

• May 31, 2013 at 17:12

Totally confused ...... I am speculated out ..... It's like some one said you can have anything you want and you can't make up your mind

Sir Alex please...

• May 31, 2013 at 17:44

I reckon my crystal ball is as good as some of the names being linked with the position by the bookies and elsewhere. I think the new Manager will have a surname beginning with "S". That leaves Rae, Robinson and Rosler to choose from.

• May 31, 2013 at 20:09

if it is to be kean , i think reading some of the comments from the blackburn fans , how did the bloke ever get a chance with that board , and the banners every home game , after he left they was third , had another 2 managers , cost them a fortune in compo , just about stayed up , as for the football , what do you want to win or play tippy tappy football and go down , i think he could be ok , with the right board , he must have something , if mourino rates him then ask yourself why , was a decent youth coach at fulham , its got to be worth a gamble , he aint never had fans behind him like us , and if i remember wasnt we warned about jacket from swansea fans . rather him then lomas , we have been there with jimmy nic , he would be a bad choice with his west ham links , i say kean would be the best choice out of fav , mcleish , no , had his day , shocking , would have took forest down .

• May 31, 2013 at 20:13

Please why another jock. Hasn't a clue about the passion and pride of our supporters. We need someone who understands this.

• May 31, 2013 at 21:05

@hants lion: WHAT SO YOU WOULDNT BE HAPPY IF ALEX RAE GOT THE JOB , NOW I WOULD SAY HE KNOWS ALL ABOUT US AND PASSION , AND IF WE ALL REMEMBER A CERTAIN MY MCGEE WON US PROMOTION , AND A CERTAIN RIOCH SIGNED SOME OF BEST MILLWALL PLAYERS IVE SEEN WHO WOULD YOU HAVE ?

• May 31, 2013 at 21:19

munson, right now I think that whoever comes in is going to deserve it as he's waited nearly as long as we have. I would say that I couldn't care less who the new man is as I've had enough but that would be a lie. I do care, very much because I've been supporting Millwall before the likes of Ambler were having one off the wrist in the toilets. Any new manager worth his salt, is going to set up a shredder in the car park and put through all the deadwood and those that are on the sidelines will be farmed out or sold. There is no doubt that we need at least 8 new players. Where that money comes from is going to be an issue but make no mistake the new manager would habe told the board who he wants out and who he wants in. Morison in would be a good start and I don't think that anyone, even on here, would have any complaints about taht.munson68:

• May 31, 2013 at 22:16

@NICKOLA: YES MAKE NO MISTAKE THE NEW MAN HAS A HELL OF HARD JOB TO PUT RIGHT , FROM FORDE TO DEFENCE ITS GOOD , BUT FROM THERE ON ITS NOT TO CLEVER , I THINK WE HAVE A WORST TEAM FROM OUR LEAGUE ONE DAYS FROM MIDFIELD TO THE FRONT LINE , YOU ONLY PICK HENRY OUT OF THE SIX PLAYERS WHICH I BELIEVE WE NEED

• May 31, 2013 at 21:23

@munson68: my choice is still Curbishley

• June 1, 2013 at 12:18

@hants lion: If it wasn't for the Jocks there wouldn't be a Millwall.

• May 31, 2013 at 21:49

I think the new manager will be a complete surprise and unfortunately a disappointment. But , we have no say in the matter. At the end of day , I go to watch the team , not the dug out.

• May 31, 2013 at 21:57

So do I but I got no enjoyment in the last half of last season. A manager makes a team.

@blk8:

• May 31, 2013 at 22:47

Whoever the new manager is he will have to be able to work with a limited budget considering the lack of readies. A priority must be to sign a couple of good strikers as the lack of goals was one of the main weaknesses last season. I personally would like to see someone with new ideas and tactics even if they are foreign They may be able to bring in a good striker from abroad.
    Ambler has said the club will announce the name of the new manager within five days. All likelehood is they have made a choice already. Lets hope it is the right one.

• June 1, 2013 at 11:54

A name I have just seen appear in the betting odds is Paul Clement. He used to be a First Team Coach at Chelsea and is now coaching abroad. He has been quoted a saying he would like a Manager's job in England. Is this one of the people Berylson went to Paris to interview? and could he be the surprise choice?

• June 1, 2013 at 11:59

Maybe. If he gets the job then the answer is yes. If he doesn't I'm very sure that we'll never find out.
      @denslions:

• June 1, 2013 at 12:24

@denslions: That's a pretty good call Dens and would be a really exciting appointment IMO.

• June 2, 2013 at 12:24

Have heard from a guy on the board that our new manager will be under 43 so Paul Clement and Michael Appleton are the two that I would say have a good chance. also he is at Paris so it would make sense for the interviews to be there. Maybe the board knew who they wanted and went after him. Also , Neil Harris will be coming back to the club as a coach.

• June 1, 2013 at 15:50

Paul Clement would be an unbelievably good appointment - but he's assistant manager at PSG and I can't really see him chucking that up to manage Millwall. If Carlos Ancelotti quits PSG I guess that could change but if Berylson manages to get Clement to The Den I think it will be a masterstroke - and silence those who've slaughtered him for the delay in replacing KJ!

• June 1, 2013 at 15:55

Clement's 4-1 on Betfair - smacks of someone knowing something and having a healthy punt?

• June 1, 2013 at 17:13

Clement worked with Andy Ambler at Fulham - and was Steve Kean's assistant at Blackburn. The plot, most definitely thickens!!!

• June 1, 2013 at 18:46

He has suddenly shot up to 3rd favourite in the betting odds table behind Ambrose and Kean but ahead of McLeish and Babbel. I know this is probably nothing to go by but it's interesting that this has happened so close to the appointment due to be announced. He has definitely expressed a desire to manage in England and without manageriial experience a Premiership club is unlikely to consider him. It could therefore be an ideal for him to come to us. My only reservation is that he might use us to further his career and move on to bigger things at a later stage. However, he would have to be a success with us for that to happen.

• June 1, 2013 at 19:45

@denslions: Yeh the same thing happened with Dave Tuttle. lol

• June 1, 2013 at 19:34

I think we've got to live with someone using us to further their career. Let's face it, if he got us into the Premier League and then quit for a bigger job we'd probably be quite happy!!!

• June 1, 2013 at 20:02

Lonz,
      Most sensible thing I have heard on here for a long time. Well done!
      @Lonz:

• June 1, 2013 at 21:06

Has anyone given thought that s.kean might bring in clement as his assistant? Na? Nor have I.
    Done a bit of reading on him. Certainly a good pupil of the game and I for one would not begrudge him the managers job at our club. Worked in London long enough so would know all that's needed to know about us, our rep and the geography. A name can't just pop up at this late stage if there was no meeting in Paris unless it was an accidental one, perhaps he was in the same Paris hotel as berylson when waiting for the news that Babbel was on a family holiday Na, I ain't buying that either. He was there alright, no doubt the concierge pocketed a little back hander from sky for the info.
    I'd welcome him, he knows his football and sounds as though he's now ready to step up.
    I like the sound of him more so than kean, boothroyd, lomas, rosler and Johnson.
    If him it'll also explain the talk of compensation and it will be a bold brave move full of fresh young ideas from someone who undoubtedly understands what it means to invest in youth.
    Which is what we've been crying out for for a couple yrs now. Might be a pile of s***
    But at least a happy pile IMHO.

• June 1, 2013 at 21:28

I think there is little doubt now that Berylson met Clement. Whether he was originally also going to meet Babbel is something we will never find out. I suppose that having interviewed him, he wanted to get back to the board to sound them out. Hence the delay until next week and also the prospect of having second interviews. Clement would be an excellent move for us. Aware of the Millwall aura, a reasonable knowledge of the current squad and good coaching experience. A gamble at management absolutely but I have a gut feeling he would be a good choice. I do not think that Kean and Clement together are affordable and I am sure that Berylson has figured that out. I would take Clement anyday as I do not rate Kean at all.

• June 1, 2013 at 21:48

Well, at least my post stating that Paul Clement had suddenly appeared in the betting odds has started a more optimistic note to this thread!! He sounds like the most promising name mentioned to date so I hope I am not wrong!!!

• June 1, 2013 at 22:14

Apparently, we now have 5 days of optimism, dreams and hopes until the big day.
      I have a dream. A dream that the new Millwall manager is a breath of fresh air. A dream that money will be there and that we will re-sign Morison with a manager that can do such things. A dream that the midfield will be completely overhauled to resemble a Hurlock and Briley partnership. A dream that the commercial department gets more proactive. A dream that little old Millwall become a force in the Championship with home games something to be feared by the opposition unlike last year.
      I hope the board have that dream.
      @denslions:

• June 1, 2013 at 22:15

@denslions: it's a great thread would it have been picked up if you hadn't mentioned it? Betcha life dens, that's something nickola and myself and others have been doing all week, but this is all yours pal.
      Cheers ; )
      Have to agree with nick and yourself
      I really like the look of him but apparently so does a certain world class Italian. If he is in the running which I'm 60/40 he is then it comes down to this - youth teams manager to under 21 international assistant to prem champions 1st team coach to short term assistant at s*** prem club to fa cup and champs league semi assistant to French champions assistant to next stop? Real Madrid assistant or millwall manager? I know what I would do and yes it would be the hugest "WHAT IF" ever.

• June 1, 2013 at 22:00

Think there lookin at a kean+clement combination, not a great fan of either tbh, but would support and hope proven wrong,would love to see tony pulis, sort it out!! Hope he was on the short list.. Aldo I love the site,and twitter up dates, but enuff bout kj and his new job, gettin depressed we still aint got a manger lol

• June 1, 2013 at 22:02

If it's Kean I hope he really has got a an address book full of very useful contacts. In particular, a few very tasty strikers who know where the bloody goal is!

• June 1, 2013 at 22:26

I also have nightmares that it's between Gallen, Bircham and Ambler.
    Sleep on that!

• June 1, 2013 at 22:30

Interesting quote in a recent Daily Mail article. PSG had just won the title, Ancelotti had asked to quit and after speculating about the two of them working together at Real Madrid, Clement was asked if he would be interested in returning to England as a manager even if it meant dropping into the Championship.

"Absolutely,' he said, 'Who knows where? I’m getting more and more experience and if I get an opportunity at the top level, great. But most managers don’t start there and I can’t imagine there’d
    be many better feelings than taking a team up from the Championship.'

I think we'd all agree with that!!!!

• June 1, 2013 at 22:32

Lonz,
      I'm going to sleep very well tonight now. Perchance to dream.
      Cheers.
      @Lonz:

• June 1, 2013 at 22:59

@NICKOLA: Sweet dreams Nick goodnight.

• June 1, 2013 at 23:42

If the appointment of Clement turns out to be true it will be a relief from the prospect of some of the other names in the ring. I remember when Millwall appointed George Graham who was only the youth team coach at Chelsea at the time. He built an excellent side and went on to manage Arsenal of course.
    Too early to speculate but fingers crossed.

• June 2, 2013 at 10:52

Steve Kean could bring in Paul Clement as they worked together at Blackburn. Or even the other way round?
    Just a thought COYL

• June 3, 2013 at 07:39

Ok so when is the announcement homesick of checking this phone every hour for the last week! My missus thinks I'm going mad.....

least once the announcement has been made I can revert back to once or twice a day plus Twitter this is doing my head in!!

• June 3, 2013 at 15:41

Can't see it being lomas as suggested on other posts as his chairman has said he hasn't had any requests for us to speak to lomas and seeing as jackett is now employed by another club I take it his advice for a replacement is no longer required seeing as its a conflict of interest ??

• June 3, 2013 at 17:52

Crewe fans are all getting in a pickle as their managers odds have been cut drastically they really rate him and sound resigned to losing him. I'd still really like ancelottis mate but Steve Davis wouldn't be a bad replacement knows the league's knows us and is brilliant with the youth set up as is crew's style

• June 3, 2013 at 19:05

@deano22: I was leading a carefree nonchalant kind of life, content with the odd bit of news that appeared on the official site and in the national papers.
      But since discovering this site I have become a neurotic wreck, with all the rumour, speculation, and constant drip feed of info some of it even fact. I thought that after a gruelling season I could at least take a well earned break in the off season but alas no. I am still constantly scouring the site incessantly for any news on the new manager and playing staff, not sure I can take much more. Please help me!

• June 3, 2013 at 20:56

@deano22: With a win ratio of 45.45%, which is better by far than any other candidate mentioned, Davis looks like a decent choice. He would be useful for knowing decent players to bring in from League One too. Also, I like the idea of Danny Shittu and the rest of them doing yoga!