St Johnstone chairman: No approach from Millwall for Lomas

© Actionplus
© Actionplus

ST JOHNSTONE chairman Steve Brown insists Millwall have not approached him for permission to speak to manager Steve Lomas.

The 39-year-old is one of the bookmakers' favourites to fill the vacant hotseat at The Den, with the Lions hoping to make an appointment next week.

But Brown said: "There has been no contact whatsoever from generic lexapro same Millwall."

Speaking earlier in the week, Lomas added: "I'm away on a family holiday so I'm not aware of what's being said elsewhere, but I think it's just speculation.

"I'm taking a break after what was a really long season for us. I've got another year left on my contract but I haven't had any contact from Millwall."

30 thoughts on “St Johnstone chairman: No approach from Millwall for Lomas

• May 30, 2013 at 12:27

Thank god for that - Stay in Scotland Lomas your doing a good job up there, your not wanted at Millwall honest

• May 30, 2013 at 12:30

3 bits of news on one day and it's all irrelevant.
    If it wasn't so sad it might even be funny.

• May 30, 2013 at 12:33

This really is getting stupid. Skybet have Lomas at 4/6 favourite. Where does all this crap come from.

• May 30, 2013 at 12:47

@rikkiatwall: Exactly, could not agree more - where does all this crap come from - really fed up with it all now. Aldo - you should know better.

• May 30, 2013 at 13:23

From Ambler, as I think he's been throwing smoke bombs towards the bookies and has put the entire profit made by the commercial department last year onto a 250 to 1 outsider. That would generate a £1 profit.
      @rikkiatwall:

• May 30, 2013 at 12:46

This fool is inexperienced, works in a terrible league and most importantly is a filthy hammer slut!! why would we even consider him!!! jog on son!!

• May 30, 2013 at 13:28

not even on the radar!

• May 30, 2013 at 13:31

Another poor name. THIS IS NOT A TRAINING CENTRE FOR WANNABE MANAGERS!
    From what I've gleaned thus far, the only genuine, concise application so far has been from A Mcleish. Give him the job and let's get on with planning for next year.

• May 30, 2013 at 13:36

AT THIS RATE WE WOULD BE BETTER OFF SIGNING THE MANAGER OF THE PIE AND MASH SHOP IN TOWER BRIDGE ROAD, AT LEAST HE WOULD HAVE MORE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TEAM FROM BERMONDSEY.

• May 30, 2013 at 13:42

• May 30, 2013 at 13:49

be a typical cheap millwall appointment, if we got him it would what we already know that ambler and the board are totally out of touch with what millwall fans want and need, ex Vermin enough said, with babbel out the running I have agree with swanny that McLeish has to be the only choice, no doubt we will give it to some mug like lomas though! worrying times!!!!

• May 30, 2013 at 14:08

Lets hope it f****** stays that way

This is getting stupid now

• May 30, 2013 at 14:43

After seeing that Babbel and Lomax are not in the running I am more and more confused especially when it is also stated that an appointment will probably be made next week. From the candidates left I think McLeish is probably the best choice although I suspect he is too high profile for the job especially after Ambler said earlier in the week that they were looking at League 1 and 2 Managers. In which case I see Uwe Rosler as the best alternative with Karl Robinson as the surprise outsider. Hope it is not Malcolm Allen!!

• May 30, 2013 at 14:50

Sounds like Aldo is going through the managers phonebook to eliminate who is on the list. I think they call it investigative journalism.

• May 30, 2013 at 22:40

Aldo, I love this sight and in the past I've thrown laurels at you.
      You're the link. Let's have some real news. Someone always knows something. You're the journalist-It's your job to find the news that no-one else has. I'm personally not even remotely interested who's no longer in the running. FIND OUT WHO IS. @AltheAussieLion:

• May 30, 2013 at 14:54

Agree with all of the above, stop f****** about, give it to Mcleish, THE BIG ECK. Lets move on from this now and he can plan for the future....he has a squad to rebuild, time to get moving.

• May 30, 2013 at 15:33

Gutted, NOT

• May 30, 2013 at 15:55

I know I shall get crucified for this, but although an ex hamster and anorak manager, I would be happy to see Alan Curb at the Den. He ran Anoraks successfully and on a small budget. Think he also knows the passion at the Den. Also a Londoner.

• May 30, 2013 at 17:03

Why all the fuss when we all know it'll be Roberto Martinez. He followed KJ at Swansea so we're the logical place for him.

• May 30, 2013 at 18:02

I did not get excited about any of the names that were released before the interview process had started....give the club time to interview candidates then if any rumours emerge at least you kow that there is a strong chance of them being based on th truth.

• May 30, 2013 at 18:20

Any ideas that Millwall are a professionally run outfit are now completely and utterly dumped in the bin. This has been an absolute joke.

• May 30, 2013 at 22:14

Chipple, Got that right. It's a total embarassment. It's bad enough in the office supporting Millwall but now, nationally, we're a total f****** laughing stock.
      @Chipplefuddywick:

• May 30, 2013 at 20:15

All the speculation is not JB or AA fault, so why all the criticism? AA said on 7th May that they would take their time and not appoint anybody until June and they have stuck to it. I don't think a club who had a manager for nearly six years could be called a 'laughing stock' either. Most of the articles you read about Lomas, McLeish, Babbel e.t.c. e.t.c. are not coming from the Board and the Board don't frame the odds markets. Let them do what they set out to do, wait for the appointment next week, and then if the new manager really upsets you, you have 2 months plus to get things off your chest. Even if we do appoint a 'big name' that doesn't guarantee success.

• May 30, 2013 at 21:01

TFFT best news I've received all day

• May 30, 2013 at 21:59

That was short and sweet Luke lol you ok......

• May 30, 2013 at 22:15

@mfc1rob: haha
        I knew I had it in me rob lol

• May 30, 2013 at 22:05

Luke, best news I 've had all day is that Gallen hasn't been seen re-painting or changing the locks of the manager's office.

@lukesmithmfc:

• May 30, 2013 at 22:22

@NICKOLA: don't count your chickens yet nick as KJ has been advising the board on his replacement
        Could well end up being gallen yet.
        I feel sick at the thought.

• May 30, 2013 at 22:35

That's a wind-up I hope.
          I expect Gallen is currently in Hertfordshire filing down Jackett's toes to get a position at Wolves. If he gets any position at Millwall I'm not renewing my season ticket and that's a promise.
          @lukesmithmfc:

• May 31, 2013 at 06:20

@NICKOLA: it'll be interesting to see if KJ takes him to wolves and even more so to see how hard the board play over the compensation