Former Millwall loanee St Ledger told he can leave Leicester

© Keith Gillard
© Keith Gillard

SEAN St Ledger, who spent the final month of last season on loan at Millwall, has been told he is free to leave parent club Leicester City this summer.

But the Republic of Ireland international recently admitted on Twitter that a return to South London was unlikely now that Kenny Jackett is no longer the Lions' manager.

Speaking ahead of Ireland's friendly against England at Wembley in midweek, St Ledger said: "I have been told that I can leave Leicester, so these games are obviously a bit of a shop buytramadolbest.com window for me.

"I have not played too much, so in a sense I have got something to prove a little bit. I didn't play very much last season, so I am very fortunate to have these games that are coming up, and England is obviously a very big one.

"I am open-minded about going anywhere – I think you have to be. We will just have to wait and see. I will weigh up my options and hopefully my agent can produce something."

40 thoughts on “Former Millwall loanee St Ledger told he can leave Leicester

• May 28, 2013 at 10:27

Maybe Ambler's going to sign him as well.

• May 28, 2013 at 10:38

i bet its unlikely he would comeback cos kj aint there, who else would play a centre half in midfield , should of never played in the semi , worked hard but another bad loanie

• May 28, 2013 at 10:50

At last some good news, or have I jumped the gun and AA is going to wate more of the meagre transfer budget on him, just to make sure the new manager cant actually buy who they want.

• May 28, 2013 at 11:23

Good player with strong international experience, we should be happy to have him if he came. Came here on loan, tried hard out of his favoured position, good passer, header and tackler. Given the chance he'd be a good addition and I'll happily take the wrath of other posters and say a better deal than two years for an average 32 year old in the same position.

• May 28, 2013 at 11:30

lion, No wrath from me in principle but he should be signed by the new manager if he wants him. The new manager is going to inherit a poor squad and will ned to bring in fresh blood but that should be of his own decision making not that of the board.

@lion.ie:

• May 28, 2013 at 12:11

@NICKOLA: No argument re the new manager Nickola but it irks me the way players are written off so quickly by our supporters.

• May 28, 2013 at 11:33

@lion.ie:

Exactly correct.

Though the Chelsea clones on here expect Pique

• May 28, 2013 at 11:46

@lion.ie: I agree with both you and Nick, no wrath from me.

• May 28, 2013 at 11:30

He's not the one

• May 28, 2013 at 11:41

I'd take him no problem, sort of player who'd do we'll here. Shame he got played out of position when on loan.
    KJ or not he would be a better signing than Easter.

• May 28, 2013 at 11:41

Did a fair job in CM but there must be better genuine MF's available who can add more dimensions to our play and cost same or less to sign. Thanks for your time Sean but we don't need another Centre Half.

• May 28, 2013 at 11:51

@glyngo: hit the nail on the head , good centre half , and we have loads of them ,

• May 28, 2013 at 12:20

Center halves, beevers and shittu are first choice as it stands, Lowry will stay at left back,
    Robbo? No guarentee he'll be ready but lets say he will be that leaves three. Osbourne don't cut it IMO so who else do we have?
    Say Robbo don't make it and osbourne stays that still leaves three. So IMO we still need a center half and a good one at that. There ain't many better freebies in that position out there in our budget, no brainer for me but getting a new manager in in the next couple days is more important right now and he should still have enough time to bring a couple in before pre season.

• May 28, 2013 at 12:32

Luke, I'd have Lowry as the other centre half and sign new left and right full backs.
      Along with a whole new midfield and forward line naturally.
      @lukesmithmfc:

• May 28, 2013 at 12:46

@NICKOLA: and what if we're not in a position to do that? What if Lowry don't want to move back to center half? What would you do then?
        Lowry played all season cause he moved to left back, if he now moves back to center there's no guarentee he'll get a start and he'll probably want a move especially if rumours are to be true of other clubs sniffing around.

• May 28, 2013 at 13:00

@NICKOLA: i think your bang on there , i see lowry as a centre half , and its clear we have needed a leftback for years , lowry is a decent centre back , but he cant pass for toffee , thought he had good games when he played in the middle with shitu .

• May 28, 2013 at 13:26

@munson68: I do think he's a better center half and although you both see him there that doesn't mean he'll be there. As I've said what if he wants to stay at left back? It's not down to us where he plays.

• May 28, 2013 at 21:57

No Luke that's up to the new manager. If lowry's best position in centre half then he'll have to fight for it. IMO our full backs have been s**** for a long time. Jack Smith can technically play in two positions but if I were the manager he'd be a squad player nothing else. He and Lowry both have that flexibility which makes them both 2 very good defensive substitutes.
            @lukesmithmfc:

• May 28, 2013 at 12:53

Lowry collects far too many bookings and needs to rectify that before anyone else wants him. Will never be anything but a second string centre half.

St Ledger would be a great signing - much better player than Shittu and we might even have a centre half then that could pass on target. Shittu is strong in their air and difficult to get around because he's so big. ON the other hand he constantly gets done by a clever player with pace and skill or those adept at one twos. He ain't that great and neither is he our saviour but he is a decent personality worth a song or two

• May 28, 2013 at 12:55

St Ledger is also one ugly flcuker who looks somewhat two tiles short of a roof so he'll be a hero with South Lower where they can identify

• May 28, 2013 at 14:10

@Old_Les: what a stupid comment to make and im stupid for biting. I think that has to go down as the most stupid comment I've read on this site.
      I know your gonna come back and criticise me les cause that's what you do but I can promise you I won't be biting again. I'll finish with a thanks for slagging your own fans off, again that's what you do.

• May 28, 2013 at 14:17

@lukesmithmfc:

Humour by pass? Hope you feel better soon.

As for accusing me of slagging our fans off - that's rich coming from someone on here where it's rife

• May 28, 2013 at 22:27

Don't do it Luke! Don't do it!

• May 28, 2013 at 14:09

I would be pleased to see him sign. Good player especially with no transfer fee involved. This highlights why though we need a manager in place sooner rather than later as the decent freebies now will soon be getting snapped up by other teams. Whilst many people on here like to blame Ambler for everything that has gone wrong in the world he would not be in a position just to sign players. The Easter deal was clearly already in place.

• May 28, 2013 at 14:50

@MFC Steve: if that's the case Steve expect batt to sign on again as I believe jackett came out and said he would be offered a new deal after his wonder strike against Watford

• May 28, 2013 at 15:18

@Millwall1979: Batt will be handy for the following season when we are in div 1, clever bit of business assembling a team for the future.

• May 28, 2013 at 15:15

There is no guarantee that Robinson will ever be the same player again and Osborne isn't Championship standard so he would be decent cover for Shittu and Beevers. Beevers woudn't then keep having to switching to Left Back if Lowry gets suspended but I don't think he will sign for us on a permanent basis because his agent will find him a better deal elsewhere. @ Millwall1979 I have made the same comment about Batt on the Easter thread.

• May 28, 2013 at 15:53

Are we getting chaplow?

• May 28, 2013 at 16:34

@westlion: It would be good but he didn't show any interest in staying while we had him. I should imagine he will get better offers, but as stated many times by the the time we get a manager and he has assessed what he needs most of the out of contract players would have been already snapped up leaving us trying to sign the dregs.

• May 28, 2013 at 21:59

Agreed. What do you think about that Les ?@Sealion:

• May 28, 2013 at 18:43

If he ain't getting a game at Leicester then we shouldnt be interested either. No point filling the squad up with more padding. Easter I can see as third choice striker in a very shallow squad, but another centre half right now is a luxury we can't afford. We need a general in the middle a flighty winger and a solid 6ft number 10 before anything else.

• May 28, 2013 at 20:54

@Swanny: Swanny, Wood wasn't getting a game, neither was Chaplow, neither was Forde and neither was Shittu. St Ledger is quality at our level. Not sure what fans want at this stage, but we can't afford to start turning our noses up at international players if we have a chance to sign them.

• May 28, 2013 at 21:16

I take your point and its a good one. But all of those players were better than what was already in place. I think the case with St Ledger though differs in that he would be a duplicate of what's already here, man for man in the starting eleven. Whereas in other areas of the park we are well short of championship grade players. I do rate St Ledger and he came across well and surely would have linked up nicely with Keogh and Forde. I just feel the budget we're likely to have should first be used to build a good solid starting eleven.

• May 28, 2013 at 21:27

Get Chuck Norris in........lol

• May 28, 2013 at 22:51

Good player but only KJ thought he was a midfielder ..which by the way he ain't

Sorry chum we can't afford you and we don't need you

• May 28, 2013 at 22:57

Having thought about it for a while, I've come to the conclusion that the rubber stamping of Easter's contract means that Warnock is going to be the new Millwall manager.

• May 28, 2013 at 23:13

Thanks Nickola, that's me having a sleepless night!

• May 28, 2013 at 23:40

@NICKOLA: And I'll have nightmares!