Burnley boss: Link to Millwall hotseat is "just speculation"

© Simon Gill
© Simon Gill

SEAN Dyche has played down talk that he could be set to leave his position at Burnley to make a return to former club Millwall as their new manager.

Dyche, who spent three years as a player with the Lions between 1999 and 2002, has been linked with the vacant hotseat at The Den in the wake of Kenny Jackett's surprise resignation.

But Dyche told the Burnley Express: "I don't know what the script was there with Kenny. There's a lot of inference about him now going to Wolves, so who knows. I don't know whether that's fact or fiction.

"But as regards myself, it's just speculation. I had a good time there. There's nothing in it. It's a good club, I enjoyed my time there, but I'm enjoying my time here."

The 41-year-old is said to have a £1million compensation clause in his deal at Turf Moor.

10 thoughts on “Burnley boss: Link to Millwall hotseat is "just speculation"

• May 17, 2013 at 09:04

Sounds like he's applied for it then!
    How many players could we sign with that million quid? That's ten Woolfords.

• May 17, 2013 at 09:14

@NICKOLA: Its more like fifty Woolfords after his performances for us.

• May 17, 2013 at 11:49

That was a touch of scarcasm from me of course.
        @Sealion:

• May 17, 2013 at 09:10

Can't see the club paying a million for a manager unless KJ has a similar fee.

• May 17, 2013 at 09:48

Good point, well made. I hadn't considered we might have some money to offset any compensation we might owe. Rather it be spent on players though.

• May 17, 2013 at 11:07

Agree with that swanny.
        But I think unless we go for the out of workers then compensation will definately be paid. I can't see too many problems with it but it may have something to do with the timescale of things.
        I like the way we all have such strong opinions on our choice of manager.
        It's quite comical to read some of the comments. No doubt we are all wide of the mark.

• May 17, 2013 at 11:58

The best, biggest and most important signing this season should be our next manager, regardless of compensation. Clearly we need players and quality ones at that, but buying 2 or 3 half decent players is worth jack if you get the wrong man at the helm.......If we have the money for million pound signing then let it be for a manager that is in demand and clearly talented, whether it be, Dyche or someone else...

• May 17, 2013 at 13:06

Real shame Dychie isn't in the frame. I think he is just the tonic we need right now. Knows exactly what is expected from the fans.

• May 17, 2013 at 20:12

I agree but wot about Alex MacLeish

• May 17, 2013 at 20:19

Alex, A lot better than some of the excrement that's been mentioned but is he the man? Dunno.