Millwall entitled to compensation if Jackett lands Wolves job

© Alan Weir
© Alan Weir

MILLWALL would be entitled to a compensation fee if former boss Kenny Jackett landed the job at Wolves – despite the fact he resigned his post at The Den.

Jackett, who last week announced he was stepping down as Lions manager, is on the shortlist to fill the vacant hotseat at Molineux and reports claim he will be interviewed for the role.

NewsAtDen understands Jackett is technically still serving a notice period with Millwall and, as such, the compensation clause in his contract will remain valid for another 12 months.

In theory, a club wanting to hire Jackett will have to pay a fixed fee to release him – but as the Lions are still paying his wages, they would probably be willing to compromise.

16 thoughts on “Millwall entitled to compensation if Jackett lands Wolves job

• May 13, 2013 at 14:00

Jackett didn't resign to manage Wolves. End of.

• May 13, 2013 at 14:11

A 12 month notice period!?
    Despite it being a contract, how did we honestly think that a 12 month notice could work? We're really going to let someone manage the side up to 12 months after they've told us they want to go?
    Kenny's on to a winner, he knew we wouldn't force him to continue, so he can still be paid to "recharge his batteries" whilst we pay him a salary and look for someone to replace him. no wonder he's in no rush to return to management!

• May 13, 2013 at 14:13

Another piece of brilliance from Ambler.

• May 13, 2013 at 14:28

@NICKOLA: I don't think Ambler was responsible for this, but I don't begrudge Jackett the money. He was worth much more than I am sure he was getting paid.
      As far as 'compensation' from Wolves goes, that would depend on what terms Jackett was allowed to leave and As I understand it his resignation was accepted and that terminates the contract. Normally, if someone leaves with notice they get a payment for their notice period if they aren't asked to work it and that's it. I've never heard of a subsequent employer paying compensation if a resignation was accepted.

• May 14, 2013 at 12:45

@NICKOLA:

Think you will find its very standard. Also gives up protection had another club tried to poach him.

• May 13, 2013 at 14:30

B***** to jacket and b***** to wolves.

• May 13, 2013 at 15:06

This surely has been made up as a joke to cheer all the readers of news at den after the season we have just had, A A has not got a problem with spending our money that we work hard for so we can go and support Millwall, then use it to pay our former manager giving him a years salary after his has resigned from the post. It could only happen in football & banking I said banking.

Sounds like he is trying for George Osbourns job as they both seem to be useless, so if & when we get another manager we will be paying two managers you just could not have made this up. no wonder Kenny had a big smile on his face when interviewed on the Millwall site

• May 13, 2013 at 16:18

It will only affect us if he don't get a job before we get the new man in. KJs said he wants a job as soon as so I can't see him deliberately stitching us up. He's a genuine bloke IMO.
    And tbh what's wrong with his clause ? The club have to sign the contract as well as him so they agreed to it. That may be a little bonus for keeping us up every yr since we've been in this division. He deserves it, regardless. We're not talking serious amounts of money here probably 250-300k tops the club would have a contingency fund against such things anyway.
    This doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's modern football rightly or wrongly.
    I just want us to get the right man in and if KJ gets another job sometime soon then great and we get a little something in return.
    One thing's for sure the new man will have a similar clause written in his contract.
    F*+k all that lets get this short list done so we can start interviewing

• May 13, 2013 at 18:54

@lukesmithmfc: I am going to renegotiate my contract tomorrow.

Then I am going to resign my post and tell the gaffer to poke his job.

And I will get paid to sit on my deri air for one year!!

I've managed to write all of that without swearing once!

You couldn't make it up!!!!

Who in their right mind would agree and sign a contract where the employee wins either way - sacked, we pay the contract up - resign and we still have to pay it up.

Perhaps someone should pay for AA to take lessons in employment law. I have never heard such absolute fcuking Blolox cnuting sihtty way to run a business.

Siht just swore

• May 13, 2013 at 19:35

Well that lasted long...all of 4 sentences!! hahahaha

• May 13, 2013 at 20:13

Well you fcuked that Bonn lol.
          It's b***** mate but if he goes wolves and they give us some money in the process will you complain ?
          I think it's as wrong as the Brighton fans with their flappy clappers

• May 13, 2013 at 20:19

@lukesmithmfc: I know mate the flappy clappers are giving me the hump. If they can't create an atmosphere with 25k or so I their stadium, what hope is there for the gaylords.

Can't imagine them ever trying that at the den - they would be used as ammo!!

• May 13, 2013 at 20:30

Hahaha
            I thought the same thing haha
            Better than throwing bottles and racist remarks though Bonn. come to think of it ambler will probably make em out of news paper in fear of em being used as ammo.

• May 13, 2013 at 20:43

@lukesmithmfc: yeah and no doubt the tops will be Removed as well

• May 13, 2013 at 16:38

Sure we will make up for it when we get a Southern Sunday league manager, we will only pay his petrol expenses so no worries.

• May 13, 2013 at 18:47

OLD NEWS , WHO CARES , LETS LOOK FORWARD NOT BACKWARDS , KJ IS HISTORY .