Jackett casts fresh doubt over N'Guessan's future at Millwall

© Keith Gillard
© Keith Gillard

KENNY Jackett cast fresh doubt over Dany N'Guessan's Millwall future after the striker was substituted just 15 minutes after coming on against Crystal Palace.

N'Guessan stormed straight down the tunnel after being replaced by Liam Trotter and Jackett later questioned the Frenchman's passion during his brief cameo appearance.

Jackett said: "I didn't feel the substitution worked – it slightly opened us up and I needed to address it. You don't necessarily want to do it but to get us over the line, it needed to be done.

"It was a reflection of his performance. I have not spoken to him about it but I don't think there was enough. Playing to instruction and with passion is something you have to do at Millwall.

"I didn't think that was right. It was a decision I had to make. Whether there's a way back for him is a good question. I'll be surprised if he plays at Derby County on Saturday."

N'Guessan asked to leave the Lions last summer amid interest from Charlton but the move failed to materialise and he has since featured 18 times this season.

26 thoughts on “Jackett casts fresh doubt over N'Guessan's future at Millwall

• May 1, 2013 at 00:06

Charlton can have him, awful display

• May 1, 2013 at 00:12

Absolutely disgraceful, showed complete contempt for team mates, manager and supporters; c***

• May 1, 2013 at 00:22

He is the same as Hulse neither of them cared enough...his performance tonight was disgraceful.....can believe it either we where just screaming "take him off" and he did!!!

• May 1, 2013 at 00:36

Everyone where I was sitting was saying the same thing, get the c*** off. I was actually in a great mood tonight until he came on, we showed more nuts than we have in months at home, fuelled by a great atmosphere. Should happen more often.

• May 1, 2013 at 01:05

well done KJ showed he loves millwall and what it means to us
    every player worked there socks off tonight , should of let charlton have him for free , he has no future with us , i am sure we will stay up with this point , it means palace have to win against pb sat to stay in the playoffs .

• May 1, 2013 at 01:05

He was washed and dressed by the time the players left the pitch but was too frightened to leave the players' exit whilst the fans were passing. Recieved a few w***** signs from some.

Useless player and good riddance to bad rubbish.

• May 1, 2013 at 01:14

Absoloutely amazing to read his history, When he signed for rangers in 2005 they beat off Valencia and man city to sign him! Couldn't make this s*** up. Scored on his debut for 3 different clubs too. Where did it all go wrong?!

• May 1, 2013 at 13:29

Pearson got hold of him...

• May 1, 2013 at 01:24

Gotta say it was a very disappointing performance. Last season and the beginnning of this one I thought his work rate and commitment were good but it has gone over the season. Tonight Kenny was right to take him off. He was a liability, giving the ball away cheaply. I reckon his walk off was a resignation.

• May 1, 2013 at 05:52

The p**** was never good enough from the word go! Good riddance.

• May 2, 2013 at 08:59

@AltheAussieLion: Go on say it it'll make you feel better.......at a guess

Pillock
      Pratt
      Pony
      Ponce

It can't be that bad surely 😉

• May 2, 2013 at 12:23

Wrong it was P**** but got censored!
        But under thoughtful consideration im changing it to W*****.
        Get to work Aldo!

• May 1, 2013 at 08:25

He had plenty of chances. Never took one of 'em. Awful player. I remember his goal at Luton and the way he reacted. Not the attitude you need in a club when things are tough. I wish I'd have heard the conversation between KJ and JG. Probably along the lines of " F**** he doing?" Get that c*** off Joe I ain't having that".

• May 1, 2013 at 08:39

We all knew he wasn't up to it a long time ago and the same can be said of a couple of other players too,HOWEVER they are still here,should have been replaced early in the season and then we wouldn't be fighting relagation...

• May 1, 2013 at 08:55

31 goals in 10 years at various clubs, Murrays got 30 in1 season for the Palarse. I'm afraid he is in the Husle mode, thinks he is better than he is and don't do the graft. So 2 of these in our squad and most of the others not up to it. No wonder we don't score many goals. Don't think being French does him any favours. Hey Ho !6

• May 1, 2013 at 09:21

Also KJ (Still think he is the right man) has got to realise you can't turn every ugly duckling into a swan. And we have had some ugly ducklings this season. That's why they started spraying the pitch at half time !

• May 1, 2013 at 10:14

Like most fans last night, could not believe N'Guessan's attitude when coming on. Looked totally
    dis-interested and has completely mugged off the manager, his team mates and most importantly the fans.
    If I was one off his team mates, I would of had the c*** by the throat after the game! I hope Kenny tells him to pack his bags and f*** off.

• May 1, 2013 at 10:23

One down five to go.
    Well done KJ. Please leave him at home on Saturday he'll only disrupt the squad and if he has any silly mates onside then f*** them off an all. Great job jackett.
    Oh, he wanted Charlton more than they wanted him. But I think we'll struggle to get rid of him unless we cancel his contract

• May 1, 2013 at 13:10

Shift out the f****** dead-wood from my beloved 'wall please, and fast.

• May 1, 2013 at 13:51

I reckon KJ only sent him on so he could remind everyone of the pre-match agreement that both clubs would settle for a point!!!!!
    Unfortunately, it looked as though someone had blindfolded him and spun him around 50 times before she went on!!!
    The petulant way he swaggered off said it all. KJ reckons its unlikely he'll play at Derby on Saturday - I'd say it's a certainty he'll NEVER play for us again!!!
    PS: Backing Derby, Peterborough, Sheffield Wednesday and Barnsley to win on Saturday could net you over
    £800 for a £25 stake. If it happens we'll be down, but at least I'll be able to drown my sorrows!!!!!

• May 1, 2013 at 21:08

@Lonz: Lonz, you need to find another bookie mate! Pays nearly 54/1 with Victor Chandler giving you £1350 for your 25 notes! I really fancied no goalscorer last night at 10's but I've never been able to bring myself to bet against the Lions, I'm the same with England. Had a dream once that Millwall were playing a team in red first game of season and the result was 6-0. Lumped on Millwall at massive prices, Rotherham beat us 6-0 at home, unbacked by me!

• May 1, 2013 at 22:21

Lion,
        You should give that £25 to N'Guessen so he can get to gatwick and do us all a favour. Now, that would be a result!
        @lion.ie:

• May 1, 2013 at 18:15

Well , to sub a sub is seen as an insult in professional football. Nguessan is an insult to his team mates , Millwall who obviously pay his wages and us , the fans. The man is in a priviliged position to get paid to play professional football. How many of us have only dreamed of such an honour. I hope he ends up in a non league side back in France. He's been a very silly boy. No 2nd chances , he don't deserve it.

• May 1, 2013 at 22:11

In my last job, if i was s*** at it people could have died. Now in the job that i do the same applies although maybe not on a daily basis like the last. The point im trying to make is that i would have been sacked and would have to live with my failures on my concsience for the rest of my life... so cant we just sack him.........

• May 2, 2013 at 10:52

To be fair though he was played out of position.

• May 2, 2013 at 11:31

Please start the clearout NOW before the end of the season, Starting with N'Gessan.
    T'was a total disgrace, worst ever perforance from a Millwall player in my almost sixty years of support.
    JB needs to did VERY DEEP in the summer just to get players who will perform as the supporters want them to, skill, commitment and passion to begin with.
    I'm new here and I read with great interest that others have a like mind