Preview: Millwall vs. Nottingham Forest

© Alan Stanford
© Alan Stanford

MILLWALL will be without suspended captain Danny Shittu as they aim to secure their Championship status with a win over Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

Shittu serves a one-match ban after being sent-off for dissent during the Lions' defeat to Blackburn Rovers in midweek and joins Shane Lowry, who is also suspended, on the sidelines.

Full-back Adam Smith should return after a stomach bug to rejuvenate a depleted defence, filling in at right-back with Mark Beevers partnering Karleigh Osborne in central defence.

Midfield duo Sean St Ledger (ankle) and Liam Trotter (knee) are set to miss out again, while winger Chris Taylor (groin) has been ruled out the remainder of the season.

Attacker Dany N'Guessan is a doubt with a knee injury but could return for Tuesday's London derby against Crystal Palace. Liam Feeney (cramp) should be fit.

Forest will be without former Millwall striker Darius Henderson, who serves the last of a three-match suspension after his red card against Cardiff City a fortnight ago.

Boss Billy Davies is missing West Brom loanee Gonzalo Jara Reyes (knee), whilst Chelsea defender Sam Hutchinson is also doubtful.

Winger Stephen McLaughlin could be involved having recovered from an ankle injury.

17 thoughts on “Preview: Millwall vs. Nottingham Forest

• April 26, 2013 at 12:40

Don't see any way we can win this game.
    Key players out shows how weak the squad is.
    Poor management

• April 26, 2013 at 14:04

Forest form in their last 6 games is Won 0 Drawn 4 Lost 0 So 4 points out of a possible 18, not brilliant. KJ is going to have to shuffle the pack yet again, who knows he might actually hit a formation that works. I would rather go down with a real fight than watching the crap we have watched over the past few months. So go for it.

• April 26, 2013 at 14:10

@ les. Why isit poor management? Is jackett going around injuring our players? You can't help injuries and we have played a lot of games lately. We were bound to get a few. You share your "opinions" on a fair few Millwall boards and I must say, you don't half talk some b******* for someone who claims to be the wrong side of 60. You sound like you really are clueless.

• April 26, 2013 at 14:32

@82wall:

Nothing to do with injured players - it's to do with the ones there to replace those injured players who are poor at best and all signed by KJ.
      Perhaps you can explain to me the wisdom of the following - Hulse - Tyson - N'Guessan - Batt - Marquis - non scoring strikers. Is that you definition of good management? Please answer yes or no?
      Same with the signing of Malone and Wright and neither can get in the side in front of loanees and defenders - is that your definition of good management? Please answer yes or no.
      Tactical decisions that are almost universally disagreed with by those at the game. Is that you idea of good management? Please answer yes or no.
      You think I'm clueless let's hear what a font of wisdom you are with your answers.
      Keogh and Easter I'll are good players but never prolific

• April 26, 2013 at 17:07

Yes or no

• April 26, 2013 at 17:28

F*** me, it's started

• April 26, 2013 at 14:20

As above, i cant see us winning this one either.
    Hopefully Leicester lose to Watford tonight so hull will need a win against Barnsley tomorrow and a draw for Peterborough and Sheffield weds or a Sheffield weds win will be enough to keep us up. It's not good to rely on others but I couldn't care less, we ain't good enough on our own so i'll except others doing it for us. COYL prove us wrong.

• April 26, 2013 at 15:24

@ les... I agree the cover we have is s***, the players are out their depth, league one standard. But who else should we have got in? You only see how good a player Really Is once they have had a fair crack. And I know it's the same old saying but it does come down to money. Some people moan about loans and I don't think it's right to have more than 2 or 3, others moan about taking gambles, woolford for example. Ok he is absoloute toilet but he could of been half decent. I think jackett knows his signings have been poor lately but I doubt he thought the forwards we have would only get 9(?) goals between them. And Personally I thought hulse would be ok. Last season keogh finished excellent, ok not prolific but has it in the locker to score a few. As for Malone, I hear he is a w***** behind the scenes, showed a little glimpse of potential early on though, josh wright is s*** and shouldn't be near the team for the simple fact he has no bottle. I think tactically we have been inconsistent and maybe a steady formation would have helped, BUT, you have to change it up, can't play 1 way the whole season (unless it works) it's just unfortunate that the players haven't given it they're all this season for the manager. I think too many people put blame on jackett without looking at the players attitude. We have seen some pathetic performances this season, I'd bet my mortgage jackett didn't tell them to play like w******. It's well known jackett is very well respected in the game, I can only imagine that when he does leave and people get their wish, that it'll only be our loss and somebody else's gain.

• April 26, 2013 at 16:31

@82wall:
      Hardly anyone would wish Jackett gone - quite the opposite. Most would wish that he forged a Shankletesque type Millwall dynasty and this club went from strength to strength. I disagree with almost everyone because I believe this a big club, with more sleeping support than enough - and I mean real Millwall support. Not a huge club but one that could attract 25K plus regularly.

But with Kenny Jackett do you let heart rule head or face the facts as they stand.

If I put my hand on my heart for my preference I'd say OK - if we stay up (big if in my book seen all this before) give him some money John Berylson and let's see - if only to show loyalty to a decent man who's done a lot for this club. Of course should that happen it could be a far worse season than this one. Who knows? That the root of the argument.

• April 26, 2013 at 17:12

@Old_Les: we never got that when we where in the top flight.......I recon he had his chance last summer, but also don't see anyone else out there to replace him. Can't wait for this season to end. ........ Se ya'll tomorrow

• April 26, 2013 at 17:19

@Lincolnshire Lion:

I know that Lincoln - but when we were in the top flight nobody was getting the gates they are now - so that particular argument is irrelevant. Times have changed as have football crowds (not necessarily for the better)
          The one thing I don't want is for this club to die and I fear that is very much on the cards - albeit a slow death

• April 26, 2013 at 16:27

Well said 82, spot on!

• April 26, 2013 at 17:16

I don't think negative kenny will play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3,I reckon he's gonna go with a 5-5-0 or maybe even a 7-3-0 formation. Just for once can we have a go at the opposition from the off and try and win the game! The quicker we get points on the board the quicker we can have a clear out and build for next season. Come on lads show us how much you want to play for the club...

• April 26, 2013 at 17:55

We're due a bit of luck, especially from the officials. Call me optimistic, but I reckon we might sneak a point tomorrow.

• April 26, 2013 at 18:54

We would all love a clear out of the deadwood but realisticly how many players could we afford to get rid of in one go? Is 5 not enough or is 8 too many ? I reckon we'll get rid of about 4 of ours and send all of the loans back barring Easter, I believe a deal is almost certainly done for that one. That doesn't mean I agree with it, I just think its going to happen.
    Who we get in depends on a lot of things and don't be surprised if we're to be told yet again "that clubs want to see who they can bring in before they release anyone" - remember this come August - but say we sign the quality needed, are our back room staff up to championship standard ? Can our coaches cope with a higher standard of player ? And what about our physio's ? I want as much as all of us to get rid of ALL the deadwood but we simply can't afford to, we can get rid of some and up the standard of the back room at the same time with a few loans again. But the hardest thing will be attracting them. If we struggle with attracting players and staff then what are the management to do?
    I thought it was meant to be Grimm up north.

• April 26, 2013 at 18:59

2-0 Wall
    COYL
    Ooops forgot my medication again...

• April 27, 2013 at 15:29

should have sack kj last year