Exclusive: Berylson urges Millwall fans to get behind Jackett

© Alan Stanford
© Alan Stanford

CHAIRMAN John Berylson has called on Millwall fans to give boss Kenny Jackett their full backing in the final three games of the season.

Defeat to Blackburn Rovers on Tuesday left the Lions still needing a win to seal their Championship status and the frustration of the crowd at The Den was evident after another home reverse.

Jackett's tactical decisions have subsequently been criticised by some supporters, whilst striker Rob Hulse was jeered as he was being substituted in the second half as the atmosphere turned sour.

But Berylson has urged the fans to stick with the team – and reiterated his disappointment at recent attendances after less than 9,000 turned out for the Rovers clash.

Berylson told NewsAtDen: "Kenny, the team and the club need their support. Everybody needs the fans' support. Who are we playing for? We're playing for them.

"I'd hate for Kenny to get so dispirited that he walks out if he thinks the fans are on his back. People don't realise he's a very sensitive person.

"He takes things very personally. He looks out on Tuesday and he sees a sparse crowd when there is nothing else going on in London that evening.

"When he really needed a big crowd, he didn't get one and we were all disappointed by that. In the past the fans have won games for him.

"He knows just how important they are. There were ticket discounts available for that game as well so that is very frustrating.

"This team has played Saturday-Tuesday for four or five consecutive weeks. Nobody else has done that. We're doing the best we can.

"These guys are dying – and we have five or six key players absent. The players that are fit are giving everything they have got. We need the fans' support."

The major talking point after Tuesday's loss was referee Gavin Ward's decision to award Blackburn a penalty after Grant Hanley's dive in the area, which resulted in Jordan Rhodes' winner.

And Berylson believes officials could learn a lot from their counterparts in American sports. He said: "The call was so close that, had I been a referee, I would have asked my linesman.

"We've had the benefit of the doubt in the past and a few decisions have gone our way that should not have, but referees should be dedicated to getting it right.

"If there is any question of getting a decision right or wrong, he should be getting help. There is no excuse for not consulting with the other officials.

"You can listen to them, disagree with them and still make your call, but I'd be so concerned about being embarrassed after a bad decision that I'd ask for help.

"It is such a fast game so the chances of him getting everything right 100 per cent of the time are nil. That being the case, I would always reach out.

"In American sports, the referees talk to each other. Sometimes they go over to the bench to talk to the extra official to see if they saw something differently.

"They just want to get it right because they are concerned about being seen as inferior – and in the States we sack bad refs regularly.

"There is a culture of doing everything possible to get it right. If it appears that you did your best to make the call, managers don't ted to criticise you.

"It's a matter of trying and the linesman was waiting to be asked. I just wish I felt referees here were determined to get it right and I don't."

66 thoughts on “Exclusive: Berylson urges Millwall fans to get behind Jackett

• April 24, 2013 at 11:25

hes got a good point about referees, but as for complaining about the crowds im glad less than nine thousand were there to watch us gift wrap three points for blackburn, it would have been like villa all over again if the stay aways had turnt up

• April 24, 2013 at 11:46

if the fans are winning game for him shouldn't you be paying the fans and not the players

• April 24, 2013 at 11:53

I don't like to see the drop in prices. Just pay the players what their worth!

• April 24, 2013 at 11:56

We havent played well in a long while. The majority are happy with flashes of flair and a passionate hard working display, something we havent seen so much this season. Our home form/displays have been less than exciting and we always seem to be poor midweek, not just this season. Give us hope, players like Wood, Kane, Pumcheon, Townesend, crowds will come, results will come and so on. Play one up top at home against a s*** side and sign players like hulse (never wanted to be here), woolford (not good enough) and play league one right backs in midfield repeatedly we will struggle and get low gates, its that simple.

• April 24, 2013 at 12:05

Nobody is going because we are a crock of s***. I have been going to watch Millwall rain or shine for a long long time, Too long probably 🙂 for my own sanity! But this is amongst the worst squad of players I have seen overall. I have seen some s***, and believe me, this is a shower of s***. The first half we were good, so what the f*ck was KJ's half time talk? 'Go out there lads and f*ck it up'??? Cos you couldn't have got a more blatant attempt to screw up a game than that. We went into self destruct and did exactly the opposite to what every single supporter there last night thought we should do. Iam so bloody angry and have so many questions...why does he even play Hulse? I'll pack his f****** suitcase Kenny..get him GONE! Why did it take you all season to try a bloody 4-4-2? Why then, when we got a lead, did we fail to defend it properly? Why can't we play a proper 90 minutes? Why can't we see a game out to its conclusion? Why do we panic and loft the ball in the air like rugby players when, quite clearly, as proved in the first half, playing passing football on the floor, worked well? Why do you keep playing players out of position? Why buy players then don't use them? Why blame everything else but yourself and your tactics? Why should we then get behind you? Sorry to be harsh once again, but this shower of s*** is gonna get my Millwall relegated.

• April 24, 2013 at 12:23

you aint done bad of my pocket mr.berylson. Only of late I haven't bothered attending because there is no passion out there apart from shittu. I don't mind watching s*** football, I support millwall i'm not expecting brilliant but there is no f****** teamwork out there no tactis that are working. When your strikers are not scoring it's not working. I cannot believe I have put my faith in midfielders and defenders scoring the goals for us. Even when we was in leauge one we still had some sort of chance of scoring but week in and week out. Even if they worked their b******* off and lost i'd say fair enough but I can't see it out there.

About Kenny Jackett, give him time he has had a sore bit of luck with injuries and signings and he is the best manager that has came to this club in a long time. Who are you thinking of as a replacement? any manager would of walked out and left us f***** by now.

• April 24, 2013 at 12:24

I think you need to attend more games JB and you'll see why people aren't forking out there hard earned cash to watch players like Rob Hulse try and kick a ball. Trust me, people will pay full price to see a team play good football.
    The only way you attract new fans is by our team putting in 100%, winning football games and being successful and I'm pretty sure that's the way it works in the good old U S of A as well JB !!

• April 24, 2013 at 12:25

week in and week out we are just getting lucky*

• April 24, 2013 at 12:26

Jb and kj have got to get it into their heads that the fans are totally uninspired by what they see. It's about given the fans a bit of entertainment for there money.if we put out a side that as a right go at the opposition from the off then our fans would get right behind the team! Playing defensive midfielders and hoping not to loose a game rather than win it is not the way to entertain fans,it's a wonder that our midfielders make it out of the house in the morning bearing in mind they have to move forward!!!!!!!'

• April 24, 2013 at 12:27

Whilst i can see that our lack of striker options is forcing this nonsensical 4-5-1 formation, it was KJ who allowed Hendo to go shortly after we lost Wood and hasn't remotely replaced either. We need to play 4-4-2 at home and play 11 players who don't want to go down. We need 11 Craigs out there on Saturday not aged journeymen who couldn't give a flying something beginning with F.

• April 24, 2013 at 22:58

@Bolland: KJ had to allow henderson to go he had no choice and only had a week to replace him if you thinks thats easy then your very deluded.

• April 24, 2013 at 12:27

• April 24, 2013 at 12:31

JB there still wasn't anything happening in London last night. I found the car journey to the game more entertaining.

• April 24, 2013 at 21:25

Cos - not quite true. I was watching the wonderful world if WWE wrestling at the o2 last night - not by choice I might add. But just typically I pay for fighting and get nothing. When I pay for football I get fighting! Strange eh! Lol

• April 24, 2013 at 12:33

I've been to all the recent home games, but masochism is a minority interest. Charlton sold out because we were winning games; now we're barely scoring goals. April is nearly over and in 2013 our strikers have scored TWO league goals; Keogh's pen at Bolton and Batt's against Watford. You want bigger crowds, you give them a reason to come.

I appreciate that on the whole, the players are really trying but I'm starting to think the way they're set up is conspiring against them. When you aim for a draw at home to very poor opposition, or you tell the press that a draw would be a "brilliant achievement", you're telling the other team you're scared of them.

• April 24, 2013 at 12:35

Never mind KJ's sensitive , I'm sensitive and this Millwall team are giving a right ball ache , a pain in the a*** and getting on my tits how's that for sensitive.

• April 24, 2013 at 12:57

Entertain and the crowds will come. Supporters will stomach losing matches from time to time,its the manner in which we lose that pisses people off.
    JB stop passing the buck onto the supporters most of us have been through thick and thin with this club and have seen a fair amount of s**** over the years.
    Get into that dressing room on saturday and tell kj and the players to strap on a pair and fight for the club and the honour to wear the shirt

Dont worry about us we will be there as always when required. Long after your gone.

• April 24, 2013 at 12:57

I don't know how to take those comments
    1. I'm really glad he's come out to support KJ cause if it was most other clubs or this pre KJ then he would have been sacked In march.
    2. It shows his loyalty to the club and in the events off the field this season he too could have walked.
    3. Blaming the fans for not turning up again isn't really gonna bring them back after the s**** they've seen at home this season.
    4. KJ ultra sensitive, granted but so are the thousands who turn up every week hence their anger and frustration towards the players.
    5. I can't remember KJ getting any abuse loud enough for him to hear at a home game this season, and he regularly gets his name sung even if we're losing.
    6. To get the fans behind the team they need to see some b***** in a time like this. Yes we are playing games twice a week for 5/6 weeks, but on more than one occasion KJ has said he'll make a few changes to keep em fresh.
    7. The bloody injuries have crippled us this season, every time we turn a screw a key player gets injured.
    8.suspensions are just as bad as the injuries.
    It's a complete mixed bag and every time I air any negatives I feel like s*** cause it makes me feel disloyal. A part of me wants to believe it will be alright come what may, but the realistic part of me says you know what we had a lot of bad luck and just didnt have the legs to cross the line.
    Not sad or down just yet but the glass is near half empty.

• April 24, 2013 at 21:29

Oi Luke. - is it too early in the season to remind you - and I quote - first team to play at wembley three times in a season, win the play offs, qualify for Europe. It was a bold prediction weren't it. Lol.
      Keep the faith!

• April 24, 2013 at 21:54

Haha,
        You sod, always one ain't there. Lol
        Bold as brass Bonn. This season has done my head in big time. I bet that's not the only thing I've said you can throw at me Bonn most of it is said in hope more than anything.
        Keep the faith? That's about all we have left this season.
        What a git can't believe you remembered lol

• April 24, 2013 at 22:03

Well m8 you know what they say about elephants ....

• April 25, 2013 at 00:25

Small trunks and big fcuking feet

• April 24, 2013 at 13:01

Im behind KJ but His tactics have been shocking!! What is jack smith bringing to CM?!?! Why not give josh wright a chance?! Someone who can actually pass the ball and is good on dead balls..... With the penalty, yes it was a dive but he should have never been aloud to get that far!! I think we will beat Nottingham forest and get the win we need.....

• April 24, 2013 at 13:03

I think that this statement just about sums it up. JB'S total lack of understanding of the game itself and what Millwall are all about. Perhaps if he turned up to a few more games and sat with some of the fans week in week out, he may find out that there is a limit to how many times you can sit and watch the club you have loved all your life, giving games away and playing with no pride or passion.
    As for KJ being sensitive, what a load of s***, if he is that sensitive he should not be in the job and yes it is not nice to boo your own players, but when the only contribution a striker makes in weeks and weeks of play is an own goal, I think those that are paying his wages have a right to boo. As for the size of the crowd, give them something that is half decent and they will turn up.
    "We're doing the best we can" I have seen everything that has happened to my club over the past 40 years, but I dont think I have been so p***** off with the lack of pride and passion. Yes I have bought my season ticket for next year, as I have for the last god knows how many years, I just hope something changes.

• April 24, 2013 at 13:43

if kenny was to get decent or even half decent talent or someone that wants to prove them selfs, then we would turn up,we would pay to watch the stars of tomorrow but when you have a team that has no passion or any clue what they are to do with the ball apart from lump it up the field and hope for the best,when you have players like hulse,tyson,easter who do not know where the goal is and have no passion and you know when the team is in trouble when have players like Karleigh Osborne,
    Jimmy Abdou who scores once in a blue moon.i know we have injuries but that is why kenny called these has beens in to help us out not help us get into trouble and why should i travel from east sussex week in week out when the team can not be bothered to turn up and play with fire in thier bellies

• April 24, 2013 at 13:43

I could not agree more Rikki, we pay our money (next seasons ticket has already been cashed by them) we are entitled to show our displeasure with the team or individual players, as for KJ being senstive how long has he been involved in profesional football (about as long as you watching Millwall) that dont wash we me, if he cant take a bit of stick after 5 years at the Den he should pack it in and do something else less stressful.

What he needs to do if he wants to stay is get the points we need to stay up (can't believe I am saying this after where we were before Christmas) and have a proper look at who he wants to keep and ship the dead wood out and as has been said by others get the Chairman to shell out on some good Championship players, not KJ normal fare.

another thing regarding last night Danny boy has got a new contract and he started to play like he name's sake who did exactly the same once we signed him Danny Dicio, also the Batt Man looked like he was worth another years contract, good runing around after the ball reminded me of my dog, she was quick but never knew where the ball was.

• April 24, 2013 at 14:07

At the end of the day, the club won't survive without us fans who go, but apart from the odd game since jan, we have been shocking!!! Fans aint gonna come and pay 30 squid to watch a football game that tbh has been as good as a sunday team at hackney marshes sometimes!! What don't the players understand, all we wanna see (at least) is every player givin 100% running,closin down,playin with pride, and if we loose so be it,but when u got the likes of trotter who won't prob wouldn't run from a fire atm,and many more players who tbh have been playin like they don't give a f*** whether we stay up or not, put the effort in and the fans will come,I feel like kenny has no idea about strikers,good defense wise,but we was panic loanin strikers in jan/feb in the hope 1 would come good, a young striker from lower leagues is needed who wants to prove himself, and will try,has loads of energy and wants a place in the team, cos tbh none of our strikers look like they give a t*** whether we stay up, so JB that's why fans get p***** off with kenny and are not turnin up,we show enough effort and passion to turn up, shame the players don't!!

• April 24, 2013 at 14:27

I need the players to give me their full backing in the final three games of the season. I'd like to reiterate my disappointment with the team's performances this season, most recently with the 98 minutes played in the Rovers clash. I'd hate for me to get so dispirited and walk out before the end of a game. I'm a very sensitive person and I take things very personally. I look out on Tuesday and see a shower of s*** - there's certainly nothing remotely interesting going on at The Den. When I needed a performance from the players, I didn't get one, and we are all disappointed by that. Recently, I've been giving the team my full support Saturday-Tuesday for four or five consecutive weeks. Nobody else should have to suffer like that. We're doing the best we can. These supporters are dying, they're giving everything they've got, but we need the players support. The major talking point was how we let Grant Hanley run with the ball for 60 yards without being intercepted, any talk of diving or whether a penalty should or should not have been given distracts from the real issue. There is a culture at Millwall of the supporters doing everything possible to get behind the team. If it appears that the players did their best and put in a shift, supporters don't ted to criticise you. It's a matter of trying and for the players to play for the shirt like they mean it. I just wish I felt that Kenny and the lads were determined to get it right and I don't."

• April 24, 2013 at 15:36

Last night in centre midfield we had a right back and a headless chicken - sitting on the bench were two central midfielders (not full backs) signed by KJ including one who is evidently "the best passer of the ball at the club."
    There were two right wingers playing while on the bench were sat two left sided players - both signed by KJ
    We have 7 strikers at this club - Hulse, N'Guessan, Keogh, Batt, Marquis, Tyson, Easter - all brought to the club by KJ - ask yourself how many goals between them this season from how many games.

KJ has lost the plot or the dressing room or both or simply isn't good enough to take this club further much as I hate to say that.

Most of us would love to see him create a Shankley style dynasty to support this club in relative success for years to come but I doubt he is capable.

If we stay up and we will only do that by virtue of teams losing rather than us winning it needs a huge rebuilding (not likely because of existing contracts) or a huge injection of cash (not at all likely).

Takes me 2 hours to drive to the Den and two back with £35 petrol plus all the add ons and I won't be doing that for 3rd division football or awful home performances as in most of our games at the Den over the last two years.

Percentage income wise, like most Mlilwall supporters, I've put far more into Millwall football club that John Berylson ever will but like a lot of others I've had enough which is compounded by the myriad of ways this clubs is being destroyed (that includes the tell tales on here).

• April 24, 2013 at 15:50

Well put les.
      And lets leave the last article where it is. Lets move on.

• April 24, 2013 at 16:13

Well Mr Berylson you want a crowd we want a team worthy of our support I suggest all tickets for last two home games a £5.00. I gave up my season ticket last year and glad I did you've not put any decent players into this squad,you've signed people like Hulse and Tyson hasbins and persist in playing these rubbish players.Kenny Jackett judgement on signing these is dour so the buck stops with you and Kenny Jacket, and before anyone gets on the bandwagon I used to do a 100 mile round trip so we deserve better,fair play to all who still go but there patience must be wearing thin,il never stop supporting Wall but give us something worthy to support,clear out the dead wood and build a proper team.
    Should we escape relegation and I don't think we will, learn from the supporters and there passion for Wall and when signing players they must be as passionate as the fans,if we get relegated you watch all the Rats jump well see who's Millwall through and through.
    Good luck Lions your going to need it.

• April 24, 2013 at 16:22

I think it's time for a managerial change. All of KJs hard work over the years will be overshadowed by recent form otherwise. I don't want to point the finger of blame , however , our squad is barely upto Championship standard and the league position confirms this. I would like to see Uwe Rosler from Brentford take over. Why ? , because he's young , ambitious and German ! If the Germans are anything , they're organised and efficient with no square pegs in round holes. That is the complete reverse of us at the moment. There's no point surviving by the skin of our teeth and carrying on next season where we've just left off. New ideas and players desperately needed.

• April 24, 2013 at 17:07

@blk8. I think Uwe Rosler would be a good choice, or Eddie Howe. If not we could try Fergie or Mourihno? 🙂 Joking aside, I agree it would be a shame to tarnish the very very good work KJ has done over the last 5 years or so with the s**** of this season. I think a change is due, and like I have said before I would be the first to shake KJ's hand and say a big fat thankyou, but maybe, it is time for a fresh approach, some new ideas, new faces. I'm not gonna stab KJ in the back, but that time may well have come.

• April 24, 2013 at 17:27

Nice to see the comments are in general agreement. All I can add is this:

While I don't think JB or KJ should go, I think the fact that they are pleading to the fans to get on board shows that they are completely out of answers and are using their "maybe the fans can help us" card. How can they expect the fans to show up after the team has proven to be completely lifeless at home?

• April 24, 2013 at 17:32

He I right , puts in a load of time and money, gives us some of the best years we will ever have and people still can't be botherd to turn up, I make him right. And if he and jackett both f***** off at the end of the season who could blame them?

• April 24, 2013 at 17:34

Pleasant comments , always nice to have your opinions agreed with. Like you all , I've not overlooked the fact that we're playing every Tuesday and Saturday this month. What is becoming apparent is our obvious lack of knowhow , direction , and tactics regardless of personnel on the pitch. Yeah , a fresh start is needed I think

• April 24, 2013 at 17:39

A couple weeks ago I said I believe we're in transition. Well, nothing's changed. We lost one striker this season, Henderson. We didnt lose wood cause he wasn't ours to lose. We haven't played a left back all season, we didnt trust our only right back to do a job for us so we borrowed one and dropped him after one bad performance. Two right wingers have played at the same time on a number of occasions. Every forward barring hulse has played on the left. We've played CBs at left back. A Utility defender at CM. A CB in CM. we have played players carrying injuries far too long due to suspension and other injuries. We've had a poxy time of it in the stands which must effect a player or two. We've had an extended run in the cup. All the above at some point has happened more or less at the same time. Away from the negative thinking, it must be frustrating to be a manager in those circumstances, it's certainly frustrating for us and makes us believe the manager has run his course. In jacketts defence and a huge back track from my negative posts, he can't now at this stage of the season when we're desperate come out and give us the apology I've wanted for weeks, if he did that then he's admitting to us he's no good and that will show the players he's lost belief. I feel sorry for him and his transfers this season. If we can see it then 100% he can. We was bang on in the first half of the season, full of energy spirit and fight, but it's a season long game not half.
    After Bottlegate we all agreed that we would get nothing from the officials - I don't need to say more on this matter - after wembley we will do very well to stay up. If there is a conspiracy against us then the fa and referees union must be pulling their hair out this weekend cause there's a good few fixtures that can really pull us out the brown stuff.
    We may not deserve much as a club in general this season but the loyal 8k home support and the loyal couple hundred away fans deserve championship football next season, I really hope they get it and if they do then I hope we see positive activity towards building a proper team of our own and that has to include coaching staff and physio's aswel as playing staff but that will need a healthy injection from our American friend.

• April 24, 2013 at 22:27

So u say KJ is the second best, just out if curiosity who was yr best cos in struggling to think of anyone and I go back some way! if its success based then can only be wise. But I thought personally he did more bad than good!
      If it was consistency and getting results then you may plump for mark McGhee, but he suffered from the same round peg syndrome in the end. It could be rhino, at least he bled blue. It can't possibly be Tuttle, bonds (hamster scum), donaghie or jago!
      But my guess is u mean George graham. A manager very tactically aware and very good at getting results. But I didn't like the way he treated his own fans at and after Luton. That could very easily have been an earlier hillsborough, cos that it how it started. I won't condone what happened after by the way, but I do understand why it happened!

• April 25, 2013 at 00:27

Yep, mr George graham. Need I say any more

• April 24, 2013 at 17:43

Steve Claridge for manager, K.J. Had long enough,and proved what crap signings has got us to where we are, J B you need to get real ,good team cheaper prices and lets have a team that plays in front of crowds 14/15k every week it's not rocket science in today's climate people will pay for success not what your serving up ,wake up and smell the coffee your American you drink enough you should know the phrase.

• April 24, 2013 at 21:18

I hope you are joking... I think you are the one who needs to get real. You wan't JB to increase his investment in first team players & their wages AND reduce ticket prices?! You should be an economist mate.

KJ has made some unbelievable signings given the budget we have - Morison, Henry, Abdou, Trotter, Hendo, Shittu, Beevers, Lowry.... the list goes on.

The manager can't do anything about injury problems. Think about how many of those injured/suspended players would have been in the first team squad on Tuesday - Robinson, Lowry, Smith, Trotter, Taylor, Afobe, Tyson.

Yet you'd rather get a s*** pundit in with no experience managing in the Championship and no experience in the transfer market to do his job. Be careful what you wish for., without KJ and JB we might not be able to get anything better, and that is worrying.

• April 24, 2013 at 17:43

You won't get Howe and you won't get Rosler. We live in the shadow of Brentford and Bournemouth - Bournemouth having been promoted without all their best players because we had bought them.

It's a miracle!

• April 24, 2013 at 18:24

Superb Old Les, I like it! We could 'do a cardiff' change our shirt colours and sneak their best lot in.

• April 25, 2013 at 15:17

@Marshlion: I'd like to see us get rid of that grey shirt we wear. Hideous! Leicesters all black would work quite well. With a silver trim.

• April 24, 2013 at 18:28

The best way to give Millwall the image JB wants is to have a team that plays exiting attacking football. If we where playing stuff like Brighton or Cardiff who where both excellent at the Den this years then more will come. The unintelligent dross we have had to put up with for the last two years is driving people away......it's an entertainment business Mr B. and it will cost money or a decent scouting system short term , backed up by an Academy playing the Millwall way.

KJ doesn't know how to play long and he doesn't know how to play Tippy Tappy.......... Time for a serious rethink.

• April 24, 2013 at 18:59

I can not say I am happy with what's happening but having had a bit of time to think about things I am unsure of what the best option is!

I think maybe I would like to get the win we need ASAP, beat Palace and scupper their playoff hopes (its the sort of game we win with a crowd in) go into the summer on a semi high.

It's been a very very odd season, unlike any I can remember, looked great in 2012, been shocking in 2013 but had a Semi Final at wembley.

I keep hearing about the kids in the U21s and reserves but they never seem to break through anymore, not even the the so called super kids. I would rather start blooding these lads even if its a steep learning curve and will take a while, its got to be better than getting old loans in 90% of whom could not care a t*** for the club.

We need a rethink. We need to stay up. Be more realistic next season and forget play off ambitions and plan for 2014/15. I think????

• April 24, 2013 at 19:44

Sounds good jonny.
    Like you it's the weirdest season I can ever remember. I joined this site just before Xmas and never been so hooked. I never really bothered with transfer windows simply cause I support millwall and it saved the heartache and disappointment of getting old toot or nothing. As for the loan window ????????
    But for some stupid reason this January millwall took over my life more than when I was a kid. Growing up it was all I knew and wanted out of life, then I had kids of my own and the wall took second fiddle. The winter window was the most hyped up for wall in yrs.
    disappointed? At the time only a little now? Oh yes.
    Fortunately there's a glimmer of hope and fixtures not even the gods can fix.
    But an overhaul is an understatement.
    A part of me wants to believe the club have done all this in the hope of staying up no matter what it takes and this summer was the start of serious rebuilding. Players already identified. Investment in the scouting as its been well documented we have only one.no serious money has been wasted this season on transfers, silly money has been wasted on loans and their wages but the loans we've brought in haven't broke the bank as we've not paid the full wage on most. So they've been we'll in budget.for the life of me I hope this is the case. If do then we can look forward to a better wall next yr, without the distraction of cup semi's and without the distraction of the crowd trouble.
    Then 2014/15 maybe an even better yr.

• April 24, 2013 at 21:59

Luke, jonny, I too hope that you are right. But for the life of me i don't understand why we keep signing some absolute crap on loan. Do you think it's the scattergun effect? There has been some good signings of course, and some real bad luck with injuries but everyone is calling for a completely new squad now. So where is the nucleus? Why have we not seen one - not even one - youngster push for a place in the first team? I think KJ is worried for his job, this is a results business and. I don't see him screaming orders at his players from the touch line. I think the calm collected KJ has gone and this one is panicking. Wrong formations, wrong tactics and round pegs square holes.

Wish I had the answers instead of ST for next season!

But if he does remain as manager, I hope he has learnt from the experience and doesn't go down the same road next year!

• April 25, 2013 at 01:06

Bonn I think KJ knew it will be a struggle in January when he didnt get who he wanted. So he went and got what he could and a bit more in the loan window. I do believe we're in some sort of transition. But they now have a perfect excuse to do the same again, after all the crowd incidents this season.
        If he remains then I think it goes without saying that he would have learnt his lesson, my worry is not who we get in as a replacement if KJ goes its, why would anyone come and what difference could they make with the same funds, unless JB pumps more in to the transfer kitty.

• April 25, 2013 at 22:39

I agree, but this is Millwall and everything is done on a shoestring

• April 24, 2013 at 20:19

JB if you want our support you best think about how your going to support KJ financially you spend the money on strikers that can put the ball in the net and more fans will come, get rid of the dead wood that can't play in the championship if, that's if we are still here next season get someone to replace Trotter, coz we know Harry wants him you back KJ and the fans will come anyone not giving 100% must go lets get back to being Millwall and fight to stay up.

• April 24, 2013 at 21:05

Berylson is urging us to get behind Jackett, I'm urging Berylson to sign someone who can score ...

• April 24, 2013 at 21:28

The notion that getting better players in will increase crowds doesn't add up. Look back at the attendances when we had Wood banging in goals for fun - we were getting no more than 10-11k at home games. Granted, that's ever so slightly more than we have now - but its still nowhere near where people imagine it would be.

Even when we had Hendo as top scorer for a while last season, then Keogh and Kane were scoring for fun - it didn't lift attendances that much.

I don't know what the answer is, but I'm sure signing a couple of players here and there isn't it. We'd need a serious overhaul and investment to make a significant impact on attendances, but that is unrealistic and unfair to expect of JB. I think we all need to keep our expectations in check.

• April 24, 2013 at 22:21

I make you right Stan. With a few quality additions the best Millwall can hope for is 12k of hardcore support at best. The support is just not there. Increase in attendances will only come after years of sustained success.
      Allegiances to your local area or club are becoming a thing of the past. Kids want instant results and success from day one. Its the world we live in now. Hence loads of people bowling around in Chelski and Man U shirts.

• April 24, 2013 at 22:02

Tell you what John, I make you right. Time to rebrand this franchise I think. Get rid of the riffraff that can't afford to turn out for 47 home games in a month. Get the application in for next season and let's change the club name to London City Blue Sox. Go Blue Sox! Let's rename the stadium too - maybe The Tower Bridge Arena - that bridge logo will sell loads of merchandise in the US of A. Then we can get some proper sponsors in from Canary Wharf. None of your second rate betting rags - go for one of the big banks. Hell forget Blue Sox, lets change to red kit and get Richard Branson involved. We could adopt the club nickname of the Virgin Bankers. Get more Opera Singers before games too, maybe some in the round Shakespeare before games. Make all ground level stands (that's first floor to you) Women with children only to finally rule out any audible verbal abuse and get some decent wines in the food outlets upstairs. Yeah we'll lose even more of our traditional support but they only turn up for the big games anyway. Once the regen is complete we can sell tickets to local apartment residents and tourists, for a quick tour of Tower Bridge or the Tower of London, Lunch in Lord Kitcheners Bistro, some on-pitch culture, a game of soccer and a nice glass of Chablis and maybe a movie in Prince Harry's Bar after? Let's move this Club forward at long last.

• April 24, 2013 at 22:24

What I want to know is where the so called FOTB is? Surely he should be representing us and speaking up for us? Pull JB aside and have a word in his ear. Put him right on a couple of things.
    He has been very conspicuous since the run of s*** results and Wembley

• April 24, 2013 at 22:54

Kenny Jackett has been a incredible manager and if he went we would be a mid table league one club in 2 years but whats shocks me is that people moan about how hes done a shocking job this season but he reached a FA Cup semi final at wembley that is a outstanding achievement and so many people don't see how hard it would be to replace Chris Wood in the January window. Top manager

• April 24, 2013 at 23:08

I think the majority of us are still behind KJ. We are just losing a bit of faith which is understandable at the moment and which all supporters are entitled to do.
      Nothing would give me more pleasure in KJ keeping us up and proving all the doubters wrong next season and seasons to come.
      I could stomach us finishing 21st every season as long as we can hold our heads up and say we gave it our best shot and 100% in every game. . You cant ask for anymore than that.

• April 24, 2013 at 23:30

@AltheAussieLion: I agree with everything your saying it just frustrates how a few fans are so negative sometimes and give KJ a slagging off which he don't deserve

• April 24, 2013 at 22:58

its sad to say JB but i think its time for a change kj has been great for us but after last seasons struggle to stay up he should of given harris a coaching slot we have to many dressing room characters ie tony craig and now we have a 6.3 centre half playing full back and a full back playing cm he brought in tyson and played him on the left and we are paying his wages and he dont play his fit . keogh looks like he dont want to be i know his had problems we have easter he keeps taking off when he is the only player thats holds the ball up we had a great win at charlton and leicester with dunn and a smith as full backs and lowry in his natural position cb then next game changes it he puts tyson in a wembley squad and jm out after he gets us the goal against villa i am a season ticket holder for 23 years and i cant think of a worst foward line its kj that brought all these players in we cant play 4. 5 .1 with out a gs midfielder which we aint had since alex rae kj had the ideal time in the deadline to dangle a carrott with semi final to bring in some real good players in but he failed he messed up big time with a once in life time semi team adam smith should have started 3 dm started crowds have been low since last season people are bored with this negative football we have lost to all the teams around us where has how roots of picking up good non league plyers like morrison goodman emblen robbie ryan not being picked up any more why are we getting over the hill journey men who dont want or care about us kj made a major rick getting hulse he never wanted to sign for us years ago

• April 24, 2013 at 23:08

We will 100% be in the championship next season.

• April 25, 2013 at 00:35

My Points:
    JB has done a ton of his own money just keeping this club afloat and offered Wood a blinding package but he still joined Leicester.
    Our home form has clearly been our downfall this season and is nothing short of atrocious. This needs addressing now or League One beckons.
    When Kenny can't persuade top quality players to join its not his fault, thats why the loan market comes into play with Millwall.
    Many Wall fans do travel long distances to attend matches at much expense. Supporting your team is one thing but watching continually awful home performances is another.
    We are and always will be a small club at this level, financially and in fan numbers but players should still respect all supporters who attend with nothing but 100% effort regardless of how many turn up.
    COYL

• April 25, 2013 at 11:39

Mr Berylson, I respect and am grateful of the things you are doing for our club ( Our club ) I have supported Millwall for 55 years and feel that I am entitled to have my say and opinion. There were some glaring examples of tactical nievaty on Tuesday by Kenny, i,e our midfield was being over run!
    Wouldn't you do something to combat that? but Kenny didn't until it was to late!! Yes we can't afford to accept anything from referees at the Den so lets no self distruct in future!!

• April 25, 2013 at 22:43

I don't see a team in transition when half the team are on loan and we have s*** players like Hulse and Tyson leading our front line FFs. It's disgraceful that a few of our youngsters can't break into a stroggling team when we are playing those two w******. An earlier quote by someone along the lines of trying to get a big home crowd, well 30000 wall fans did not get them going at Wembley so I really don't see this team being able to drag us out of the mess, we have to have results go our way to escape. If I were a midfielder and I sat on the bench whilst a right back played ahead of me, I would not give 100per cent, also if I were a striker and Hulse played ahead of me, I would f****** quit. Jb get to The Den and see what KJ is doing to our team, then give him a warning because I would expect my boss to do the same to me if was not performing. How many of the current team would you call true Wall players? KJ sold our true warrior Craig, Robbo knack erred, we only have Dunny and Sh1ttu who would die for us. I would keep Forde, Dunne, Lowry,Wright,Henry Jimmy and Taylor and rebuild around that nucleous

• Pingback: google