Winger Taylor to miss final four games of Millwall's season

© Nicky Hayes
© Nicky Hayes

A SCAN has confirmed that Chris Taylor's groin problem will almost certainly rule him out for the final four games of the season.

Kenny Jackett says time is "going to run out" for Taylor this term but Sean St Ledger is making good progress after an ankle injury, having briefly returned to parent club Leicester City for treatment.

But both St Ledger and midfielder Liam Trotter (knee) are unlikely to play any part against Blackburn Rovers at The Den on Tuesday evening.

"Liam we will assess day-by-day," Jackett said. "We will see, but I'm not necessarily hopeful. St Ledger may return quicker than expected – again, though, I would doubt in time for Tuesday.

"It looks like Taylor will be longer and the season is going to run out for him.

"We have a few on our injury list but that was always going to be the case. I would not swap our cup run for anything and injuries were inevitable really.

"It is up to the squad now to cope, battle and scrap to get over the line because we are at that stage of the season where you don't always see great games or free-flowing football.

"You need to compete, defend well and get what you can – that's the nature of the Championship at the moment. They're the basics."

20 thoughts on “Winger Taylor to miss final four games of Millwall's season

• April 22, 2013 at 10:03

Great player hard worker but seems to get injured too much unsettles the team too much

• April 22, 2013 at 10:26

Kenny says that "he would not swap our cup run for anything" but I have to strongly disagree.
      The league is the bread and butter of the club, Championship survival is needed at all costs as this affects the earning capacity thus the quality of player we can attract. The 1st division is notoriously difficult to get out of as we already know.
      The cup run was a little bit of jam which should not have been to the detriment of our primary aim.
      Take a look at Portsmouth Kenny and see what happened to them after their good cup run !

• April 22, 2013 at 10:21

He's never been given the opportunity to fully recover from his injuries which then leads to other niggles. Hoping the summer off and an injury free pre season and we will get a full season from him next year. If we can keep him and Henry is good ammunition for strikers if we sign the right ones.

• April 22, 2013 at 10:31

NOT READING ANYMORE ON THIS SITE UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON, ITS JUST DOOM AND F**KING GLOOM!!! Gutted for Taylor, like him a lot. Honest, hard working lad with a bit of ability, but made of glass i'm afraid. Was he this injury prone at Oldham? I've had it now, nothing surprises me with regards to our injuries. I think we should just right the rest of this season off and just cross everything that other results go our way cos the end of the season has been a fricking joke with injuries and p*** poor performances and your not cant put it right in 4 games so we are just going to have to ride the little luck that we have. I'VE HAD ENOUGH NOW, MILLWALL YOU CANT PUT US THROUGH ANYMORE, MY NERVES CANT HANDLE!!

• April 22, 2013 at 10:38

Apologies for the typo's above....writing it with the right f**king hump, not thinking straight!!!

• April 22, 2013 at 11:28

7 windmills, have the rest of the day off fella
    Do something nice like relax in front of the telly put a DVD on and let the world go by, otherwise you'll end up strapped up in a white jackett - kenny's probably -
    Couldn't get any worse could it. I still believe its more to do with the coaching and physio's than bad luck. And it's always the best players that get injured, barring Tyson. But we knew this last Friday so there's no surprises, just a little up date. Lets get the three points needed tomorrow and forget the rest.

• April 22, 2013 at 12:02

Lukesmithmfc.....mate, i cant even work at the minute without having one eye on the Millwall website, News at den, Millwall related twitter......i need to get a f**king life. But this season has got me man, like no other!!! We have seen the good, the bad and the utter ridiculous. Do you think that Berylson will bring in subsidized Psychotherapy for supporters because the wife has given up listening???

• April 22, 2013 at 12:41

Haha, I know where you are pal
      I'm getting it in the ear from er in doors aswel, I can't believe how addictive it is
      And I never knew I had so much to say about our club. It's better than crack is this, and cheaper.

• April 22, 2013 at 13:45

Yeh I've got the same problem 7 Windmills, I thought it was just me.
        I even sit watching the BBC live scores and table updates as they come in for the other teams.
        I don't think I can take much more, what a saddo!
        I,ll have to meet up with you and Luke at therapy after the season has finished hahahaha dribble, dribble.

• April 22, 2013 at 14:19

Hahahaha
          We might be on to something here
          I wonder if Theo is willing to back it.
          Recon we can earn a fortune. Might even branch out to the hated and make em worse. Lol
          Shame our midfield couldn't dribble dribble sealion.

• April 22, 2013 at 13:22

One positive - at least it's not a boring end to the season.

• April 22, 2013 at 14:01

In all the years of following MFC it has never been boring (some of the football may have been) We have always either been in a promotion battle or a relegation battle. I think we may have had a couple of mid table seasons but they are difficult to recall.

• April 22, 2013 at 14:15

I remember 2 seasons in 90s before went went down in 96 and one in league one in late 00s. Other than that we have always had something to look forward to, but I can never remember one like this.
        Good aint it.
        Haha ha.
        Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllll

• April 22, 2013 at 21:24

We're be ok 2.0 tomorrow COYL

• April 22, 2013 at 21:59

looks another sicknote for me, like hendo always injured, shame as hes looked our best player most times hes played!!!

• April 22, 2013 at 23:11

We've had injuries on a Friday during training when it's supposed to be non contact. That's down to Jackett and the coaching staff.
    The loss of Taylor etc. wouldn't be so bad if we had adequate back-up. We don't.
    I'm very interested in seeing tomorrow's team. Wright ? Saville ? Dunne at left back ? Feeney on the wing ? Batt up front with Marquis ?
    It can't get any worse....can it?

• April 23, 2013 at 01:57

Maybe we should put you up front nikola me old mate, probably score a hat trick ?

• April 23, 2013 at 12:23

A hat trick would overtake goals scored by our forwards for the last 2 months.
      Gotta go, looking for my boots.

• April 23, 2013 at 06:06

A smith or Malone left back if Lincoln is right about Malone's run out for u21s.
    Don't think it's time to mess around with the line up we need the win too much.

• Pingback: www.directorythumb.com