Jackett: Millwall lacked "energy and sparkle" against Terriers

© Keith Gillard
© Keith Gillard

KENNY Jackett believes Millwall's punishing fixture pile up took its toll on his players during their 3-0 defeat to Huddersfield Town on Saturday.

Jackett said the Lions lacked "energy and sparkle" as they were resoundingly beaten by the Terriers, who had a greater sense of urgency about them at the John Smith's Stadium.

But Jackett was critical of his side's defending and felt individual errors were as costly as they were uncharacteristic on a disappointing afternoon in Yorkshire.

"Our defending wasn't as good as it has been of late," he said. "We gave poor goals away and they are key moments. We looked like we had played a lot of games.

"I didn't think we adapted well enough to the conditions – we got caught on the ball too many times when it was bobbling up and windy. Quite a lot of our play needed to be one-touch.

"We didn't have the energy to get back into the game – at 1-0 and 2-0 down we still had a chance but at 3-0 we were playing for our pride really.

"I felt we lacked sparkle and energy – but I wouldn't say we had a bad attitude, it wasn't like that."

Jermaine Beckford twice got the better of Danny Shittu to score either side of half-time, while Jackett attributed James Vaughan's strike to miscommunication in his back four.

"Looking at the second one, Mark Beevers and Karleigh Obsorne got themselves tangled up – Mark over-covered and got his angles slightly wrong," he said.

"The third one is just a long ball down the pitch and he's away – generally Danny doesn't get caught out then or like he did for the first goal."

Jackett sent his team out in a 4-5-1 formation with Shaun Batt playing as a lone striker and admitted he considered changing his tactics while the score was still goalless.

He added: "I looked at the formation early on and wondered whether we should have gone two up top – but when we went 1-0 down and we did go two up front, we ended up losing 3-0.

"I will review that when I look at the DVD. Batt was probably unfortunate not to have a go in a two-man attack and perhaps the system made him lack support."

81 thoughts on “Jackett: Millwall lacked "energy and sparkle" against Terriers

• April 20, 2013 at 17:15

Dont know why he is persisting with 4-5-1 it clearly don't work we just get over run all the time because we can never keep the ball in the final third. Batt is not a lone striker either he hasnt got the awareness. 4-4-2 is the only formation we should be playing with the squad we currently have.

• April 20, 2013 at 17:21

we only need 3 points to be safe now so come on kenny 4-4-2 on tuesday please,none of this 4-5-1 or any other formation, you watch we send hulse back to Q.P.R they go down and next season he will score against us just know it

• April 20, 2013 at 17:31

Hulse will be playing for someone like barnet next season if there is any justice.

• April 20, 2013 at 22:41

What the f*** has Barnet done to deserve him ?

• April 20, 2013 at 17:46

FOUR FOUR TWO!!
    COYL

• April 20, 2013 at 18:03

Just read KJs report on the MFC website, all he goes on about is defensive mistakes. I think the defence has been our savour this season. The problem lies at the other end, if they can't hold the ball up and bring the midfield in the game coming forward as we did when, I'm afraid we did when Wood played for us. Then the ball keeps coming back and you can only defend for so long. If I was a Millwall defender reading that, I would have the right raving hump saying " If the forwards got a goal or 2 maybe they could take some pressure off of us".

• April 20, 2013 at 18:09

This was atrocious and no amount of reasoning by KJ will be acceptable. I don't know why several first teamers were missing but there is no way Beevers should move to accomodate Osbourne, who is clearly not up to this division. This attitude of player's being tired is claptrap. Clubs now have top physio's, nutritionists, and the like yet still can't cope with more than one game per week. Get real. Find a team that work and play with and for each other then get the other squad players to prove they are good enough to oust one of the first 11. We are not big enough, good enough or wealthy enough to have squad rotation.

• April 20, 2013 at 18:22

With Abdou and Jack Smith in midfield you'd be lucky to win a raffle. The worst centre midfield duo in the Championship and not even good enough for League One.
    Jimi's got great energy but nothing else and Jack Smith is OK as a fill in with decent players around him.
    Neither of them will win you games and together they'll lose games for you

• April 20, 2013 at 18:31

Shocking team selection and tactics today.
    Jackett was banking on a draw today and 3 points v Blackburn. No we're in the s*** big time. I just cannot see how we are going to score a goal. Shittu at a corner ? Henry free kick ?
    Absolute crap.

• April 20, 2013 at 18:32

4-5-1 is too defensive. It invites teams to attack you and puts pressure on your defence. If you want to pack the midfield, play 3-5-2.

• April 20, 2013 at 18:43

We can't play any system with the s*** that's currently masquerading as Millwall players.
      End of season can't come soon enough. A total clear-out and that includes Jackett.

• April 20, 2013 at 18:46

Still waiting on your KJ replacement short list Nickola?

• April 20, 2013 at 19:34

Well, I've previously cited Di Canio which was p***** royally on by most people on this forum but he's totally transformed Sunderland. Too late now.
          The names that are 'out there' are managers that we all know so pointless listing them and amongst them , if we're honest really any of them couldn't do any worse, and would certainly breathe a breath of fresh air into the worst Millwall squad I've seen in decades. I've seen comments about Ambler signing crap. Sorry, but it's Jackett that signs crap. Ambler just organises contracts for them. Our last intake of players has been dire at best. To fully believe that players of the quality we've signed by Jackett himself are going to improve us proves to me that he's got his head stuck in the sand and is totally out of touch. Truth of the matter is that it's the defence that has ensured that we're not relegated already. We do have money and there's a healthy pot from FA Cup run. Wood wanted to sign. Yes, he went elsewhere for the money and the chance to play at the top end of the division but once gone we capitulated. Same last season when Kane was there and it was he that lead the line as Wood did.
          We can't attract supporters because if it's that obvious to me where we're going wrong it is to all. I've never seen such a team that today, in essence, is a total disgrace to the name of Millwall.

• April 20, 2013 at 19:43

'Truth of the matter is that it's the defence that has ensured that we're not relegated already.'
            That'll be KJ's defence then? Forde, Shittu, Beevers, Lowry all KJ signings.
            I'd still like to see your list...lol

• April 20, 2013 at 19:06

WE need to win one of the last 3 home games and the only way we can do that with our current batch of strikers is play 2 of them up front in the hope that they might actually score. 4-4-2 !!!!! and get another attacking central midfielder next season because Aboue and J Smith doesn't work!!!

• April 20, 2013 at 19:15

Sorry chaps going on bit tonight got the right raving hump. I ain't buying into this budget s***, the anoraks are on 61 points and beat Wolves 2-1. They have less money than us, Chris Powell said he wanted Husle back but could not afford his wages, shame that. I think it's more about players attitude and the way they feel about the club. KJ said last year after our good run that kept us up, on this website, that he learned more in them last 6 weeks, what it takes to be a good championship side. Well KJ one is having good quality goal scorers, and I am afraid they cost money. So did not learn that one then.

• April 20, 2013 at 19:34

Money KJ doesn't have, hence the budget s***.

• April 20, 2013 at 20:15

Lion,
    The defence is adequate and Jackett did sign them. Today, against a poor team they were found wanting and will be next season if we're still in this division. That's a third of the team. The other two thirds are absolute pony. It's going to go to the last game of the season because the midfield and forwards are inept and we can't score. Solution? Let's bring in Hulse, Tyson, Woolnough, Feeney etc.etc. and promote league one standard players to the first team. Brilliant!!
    Names? I'd run Millwall better myself for christ sake.

• April 20, 2013 at 21:07

A list of one then, being yourself. IMO, KJ is a perfect fit for Millwall but is going through a tough patch in his Millwall career and I doubt that anybody knows that better than KJ. He's made some shocking loans this year, Hulse hasn't worked out but Tyson should never have darkened our door. If Afobe had stayed fit things might have been better. But for what he has done for us in the past five years he deserves a chance to put it right, not get kicked out for this bad spell and replaced by somebody off the merry go round desperate for a job. A point on Tuesday would more or less do it, though given the s**** below us we might not even need that. I've said before to other posters, if you're convinced that we're heading down take the big odds at the bookies as they'd welcome your cash. Next season is next season and I'll worry about our squad in August when I see who we actually have.

• April 20, 2013 at 21:07

Just look forward to what next season is like, fresh new start yeah was a s*** lose today but its only one game s*** happens and I know everyone wants a goal scorer but according to the commentator at the hull game cardiff and hull don't have a player in double figures how shocking is that !! Might sound harsh an some might not agree but does football start at the back ? Shittu needs to settle down and move it across the back? we are missing a ward or whitbread type of defender ? Would anyone want marvin Elliot on a free back at wall ?

• April 20, 2013 at 21:15

Not first time kj has said we've lacked energy and spark. What about lacking any footballing ability?!

• April 20, 2013 at 21:17

Marv?! Nah not good enough of an improvement on the s*** we've got.

• April 20, 2013 at 21:22

They were heroes and good players for this division when we were top 6 though? Some people are thick as s***. Look how many games we have played lately , the defence is bound to be abit ropey (apart from osbourne) and the squad tired, I'd love to see some people's comments after we beat wolves away and Blackburn away in the same week and compare them to now. Short memories

• April 20, 2013 at 21:24

I'll help Nickola out, Sean Dyche, Karl Robinson, Eddie Howe and I'd be tempted to give Aidy Boothroyd a chance.

• April 20, 2013 at 21:29

I rest my case.

• April 20, 2013 at 21:26

Yes the whole time we were top 6? How many games was that 1,2? We have been awful since wood left and even before that his goals won us games when we were s***!! We will stay up even if lose every game tho.

• April 20, 2013 at 21:54

I don't want KJ out but have a few negatives about him as today was his fault.
    Ever since he came here in 2007 he's had this horrible obsession with the left hand side, he'll pull a center half over to left back even if he has a replacement in the squad. I liked Craig and thought he was a good center half and blame KJ for ruining his career by keeping him at left back. Lowry is a good center half and to accommodate beevers he's pushed out wide, when he's out injured or suspended he moves beevers over, Ok once or twice but not every time. Malone and Barron brought in as left backs and get f***** about either by playing left wing or not at all. Every striker we sign with a bit of pace at some stage ends up on the left. I have plenty more to say on this but I'll save it.
    KJ also has an obsession with loans since he came out last season and said "I don't like loans, I don't believe they work", might not be word for word but he said something to that effect. My other gripe with KJ is he rarely blames himself when it goes wrong, and watching the s*** we've watched this season I find it hard to believe he can justify his tactics, signings and decisions. Rant over, for now.
    As I said I don't want him out but he takes all the plaudits when the going is good but would like him to come out and apologise once in a while, like today for instance. We will be lucky to stay up if we lose on Tuesday and I'm going to be brutally honest with you, if we do lose then we deserve to go down, it has been nothing less than shocking the football I've witnessed this half of the season. There's more wrong than there is right. Not happy or content with this one bit.
    I trust KJ to put this mess right.

• April 20, 2013 at 22:12

Before I'm jumped on, no I didn't expect us to win today.
      My points are strictly based on what's gone on this season. I'd like to think I've been honest in my posts and gave the rough with the smooth, well the post above is the rough.

• April 20, 2013 at 23:47

@ lion ie your very level headed, and I agree jackett Is the right man for the job, one thing we all have in common is we hate to see wall be push overs, and that mangers list is p*** poor, Karl Robinson can't get promoted from league 1 are 3 try's boothroyd biggest long ball merchant, And signs Journeymen by the handful, big ging is under contact at burnley, nothing special with very little experience , Eddie Howe with promoted today how much will he cost ? An average crowd of 10,000 x 25 pound match day ticket = 250,000 x 23 = 5,750,000 million that's the season budget without the cup run. Leicester's on the over hand we're chris woods went too, avg crowd 20,000 x 25 = 500,000 x 23 = 11,500,000

• April 21, 2013 at 00:56

Bush those figures are so relevant, for next season financial fair play comes in.
    The player pool that our budget allows will be affected by the money coming down from the prem. we're in competition with the four or five who stay up this season the three who go down the three who come up and 5/6 in league one and that's for first teamers, the teams above us and who miss out in the play offs and one or two of the relegated prem clubs will want the same players as their squad players. Maybe KJ has been holding back the wood money for next season when we really need it to compete.
    Agree with you on the managers list aswel. Can't see who we'd get in, who can take the club further than we are with the money available?

• April 21, 2013 at 02:00

Sometimes people on here and wall fans in general baffle the f*** out of me. Our defense since Christmas has been reasonably solid, our midfield is not going to set the division alight but is also fit for purpose and on its day especially wide is good enough for top 6, our manager is one of the best managers in the country full stop and has had to deal with an unbelievable run of poor luck with injuries to every player with any decent run of form and ability to his name.

What our problem is our useless excuse of a forward line. People moaning about a formation, we could play 4-1-5 and still struggle to get a striker that could bloody finish. It does not matter what formation you play, if you can not put that little white thing between those white posts then more often than not you're going to lose.

Easter........... Average D
    Batt............... Tries. D
    Marquis......... Useless E
    Tyson............ ?????? U who is he?????
    Hulse............. Toilet. E

I'm sorry if I am missing anyone but how the hell is that shower going to do anything but eventually get us relegated. We must before anything buy/ recruit a striker that can actually score because when we do that we may actually stand a chance.

• April 21, 2013 at 15:26

How could you miss out the prolific Dany N'Guessan!

• April 21, 2013 at 08:47

Play the Shitts up front , would be interesting to watch at least !

• April 21, 2013 at 08:55

Tbh dunno why I said Boothroyd too much to drink I suspect. Quite liked him as a person more than a manager. Ok Robinson hasn't got my out of league 1 but look how many attempts it took us and even Leeds. It's a b****** of a league to get out once there cos generally 9/10 games you don't wanna play cos they are s*** games. Robinson has a pretty s*** team at mk that play lovely football. Dyche would love to manage us. And maybe Howe would be expensive but why not try. With JB we have a chairman who gives managers time which is very rare nowadays so I think we could tempt managers. It is difficult to name managers that would do a good job but how many of us wanted kj when he came. JB will know what he wants and will go get it. Think we need to freshen it up and stop kj wasting money on w***. And even players that have ability he falls out with like mcquoid and Malone both young with potential and ability and just disappear of face of the earth. You'd think amount of money he spent getting Malone in he'd give him more of a chance.

• April 21, 2013 at 09:18

Morning cos, not having a go but gonna see if I can twist your head a little, Kj record has been better or equal too his previous season, the year we never got promoted and lost to Scunthorpe, we had signed Morison before the game, he then blossomed in league 1 after a poor start and was a fans favourite, we were promoted top half finish made 2.6 million out of him, Henderson came in had a alright season, with a few big loses we would all agree that it was were are place should be, this season we had a good cup run and we could finish higher then last season, his not that bad, and his building with less then what others have, see what he does in the summer, we could be as bad a Birmingham who have 19 player out of contact and almost going bust with a moody Chinese owner, Cardiff are in 80million pound debt and that's with the previous chairman and don't have a goal scorer with double figures we are not the only one in a bit of s*** that's all.

• April 21, 2013 at 16:48

KJ got us out of League One on his second full season and was unlucky not to do it on his first. Bush makes a great point about goalscorers. Every team would love a Murray, Rhodes, Austin or even a Beckford or a King, but they are hard to find and once proven their value goes beyond our reach. Morison was a sensational buy by KJ when you think about it. A lot of posters are going on about League One leading goalscorers, but these are all a risk. Paddy Madden for instance, cut his teeth in Irish football, couldn't buy a goal for Carlisle and seems to have found his feet at Yeovil. But would you risk cash on him for the Championship? I'd prefer KJ to go for a young Premiership player on a season long loan, maybe Chelsea's Pat Bamford who has a similar profile to Harry Kane, and then hopefully find another nugget from some of the teams in transition that are going up or coming down. I.e. If Hull go up and Peterborough go down will George Boyd be available?

• April 21, 2013 at 08:56

Oh and aldo I've never had an credibility to lose mate.

• April 21, 2013 at 10:48

Terrible result, still look poor goin forward, can't see any1 scoring tbh, wonder what the odds are on our strikers not scoring again this season,when we end up short in defense,we shouldn't be splitin the centre backs to bring in osborne,who imo is way below the standard, woulda gone with dunne and smith, sayin this sounds like shittu didn't have a good game,but he's put a lot in this season anyway..sayin this we will somehow get the results and feel confident we won't go down, but unless there's some changes in summer,players out-and then DECENT players in, I'm worried about nxt season more now tbh..hopefully jb puts his hands in his BIG pockets..

• April 21, 2013 at 10:52

I'm with dragonfly, our defence has been superb this season. The only time it's questionable is when Lowry's suspended cause KJ fcuks about a bit. Shittu and beevers are as good together as many in this division. Lowry will be a better left back next season but hasn't been that bad. A smith has done a good for us as has dunne.
    When fit, Taylor and Henry are a match for any wide players in this division.
    Our problems have been center mid and up front. Losing chaplow has been a huge loss, and st ledger may have done a good job once his match fitness picked up. I was thinking how unlucky we've been with injuries but I'm now believing the problem lies elsewhere, the coaching has to be looked at or the physio's
    There's no way you can get all those injuries coupled with the lack of confidence, the only thing the team do collectively is play absolute s*** game after game.
    Why are we allowing our players to play with injuries? Keogh broken toe and Taylor's groin injury. We're in a bigger division than most thought or still think, we need more than a player overhaul if we're to really establish ourselves in this division.

• April 21, 2013 at 14:00

Luke, agree with most of that.
    Blackburn is a must win but I think we'll be lucky to get a point. Is that going to be enough? Nope.
    Going to go to the last game. Our last games wouldn't be easy at any stage but with the absoulte s**** that are currently playing for Millwall I'm really worried.
    How are we in this position? People cite lack of funds, small club, low support, etc.etc.
    Don't agree. We have brought in players recently on Championship wages-they wouldn't have come otherwise-but they are simply not up to the standard. It seems to me that a panic set in and we got them in for the sake of getting them in.

• April 21, 2013 at 14:24

Yeah nick I think your right mate, a draw isn't enough that's why I want a win which will guarantee safety. The earlier the better. We need to go all out for the win Tuesday. jackett will set us up differently as we're at home, I just hope he puts the right personnel in the right places.
      The signings in January where definitely panic signings and to be honest woolford IMO is worse than hulse, at least we can send hulse back we will struggle to give woolford away.
      Lets see what happens Tuesday night
      Got a feeling the conversation maybe a little different.

• April 21, 2013 at 16:53

I'm just rewinding a little , what's the opinion on someone like Martin Allen or Uwe Rosler to take over from KJ ? I said those 2 based on my opinion that we're unlikely to get a manager with little if any experience of managing a Championship club. ........ Forwards , what's the thoughts on Kevin Phillips for a year ?

• April 21, 2013 at 16:59

Uwe Rosler is the first interesting name anyone has come up with imo. But I still wouldn't swap for KJ, he deserves the chance to put it right next year.

• April 21, 2013 at 17:38

Martin Allen ? Blood hell, getting silly now, lion I would have a look at William gigg at Walsall his on 950 a week and his found his feet this season, Peterborough are at the bottom, there a very attacking team with a few decent players who might want to move, I would have marvin Elliot back as are veteran hard tackler in the middle, Bristol city also have a striker who was promoted with west ham, relegated with Bristol scored loads at mk dons Sam baldock?

• April 21, 2013 at 18:12

Baldock wouldn't be a bad shout Bush, still young and with something to prove. Need a big man with him though. Don't know much about Grigg. I'd rather we bought Chaplow if available than go in for Elliott.

• April 21, 2013 at 18:34

It's crazy talk is this, but I'm gonna join in.
          Allen has done a great job for the pikey's but is at a club who appreciates him and tbh he's at his level. It would probably take a while to get someone in to replace KJ IMO. There's one person who in the past has openly said he would love to manage us and that's Roy keane, personally, not my cuppa.
          The one I'd go for is lee Clark. I liked him at Huddersfield and he's always spoke good things about us and I think he'll love it here, it wouldn't take long for him to settle and we would take to him just as quick. Any thoughts chaps ?

• April 21, 2013 at 20:11

First of all and a massive no no is lee clark at Millwall one of the worse managers around, I live in Birmingham currently and his a pile of s*** !! His record at hudderfield was p*** poor even tho he have 43 unbeaten he failed to get promoted in 3 seasons and they had a millions of pound pumped into the club, and to lion my Elliot talk was more so to away game when we have to be gritty, and we need cover in midfield just say to him last couple of years of your career make them good get as fit as you will ever in your life and wear that shirt ? I liked Adam bolder for the simple fact he left his foot in exsample o the leeds play off game and he got booked in about 30 seconds, but before him we had Brammer class player, would like to see him behide the seen at Millwall but I'm going on assumption he a nice bloke of the pitch, I like the idea of this Matt smith but his not up to scoring goal but he might cause trouble for the opposition man for man, but giggs at Walsall has prospect, I'd take a punt on him for a few quid, troy deany started at Walsall there a link...

• April 21, 2013 at 22:49

Bush you fail to realise why marvin Elliot left us mate, forget that idea it will never happen even if KJ offered him a contract worth 10k a week.
            I think I understood most of your post took a while though must be the predictive text lol
            Never heard of that Walsall player tbh
            But I'll have a look. We already tried for deeney and got a knock back and he won't want to come here. Matt smith is worth a try he's still young and KJ could do a good job with him.
            To be frank with ya It's a crazy idea to start throwing names out on who will replace KJ. I joined in for a bit of fun but some people are so serious about it. Every manager mentioned is a pile of s*** and you haven't given yours bush.

• April 22, 2013 at 09:34

Morning luke a reply to the hulse comment before he holds an impressive record on his CV his had two promotion to the premier league and scored 114 - in 377 and play only championship football as I said before the hold team is shocking at the moment, and the point about Deeney is his a good striker now, manager edger David's why not everyone else is putting them out there, sorry about the text it's off a iPhone, only so much your patience can take before you leave it, and I was always on the impression that hendo was on 15k a week at Sheffield united and we payed, a signing on fee and he had a 9k cut to join.

• April 22, 2013 at 10:28

Morning bush, cheers for reply fella,
            Like your idea of davids world class player with a wealth of knowledge, yeah good choice.
            Can't deny me hulse is s*** promotions asside the teams still got rid of him and he's never scored 20 in one season.
            I didn't disagree about deeney I like him but KJ went in for him in jan and got a knock back, and he'll now be out of our price range, can't see Watford letting him go even if they get promoted.hes good though. Hendo was a free transfer from Sheffield utd, and that was the only reason why KJ agreed to his wage demands, personally I think it was just short of 15k a week.
            And these fcuking iPhones are doin me ead in, takes me about three checks before I publish any posts and still end up getting some wrong.

• April 22, 2013 at 11:37

That altight fella thanks for my hendo enlightment, Deeney is a good player, but Walsall have a decent set up, and we should exploit the big club little club, and they have decent forwards at present that's all not to sign Deeney just used him as a example, on the manager front David's is slightly controversial in the things he does, Barnet are just low profile I think, kk is slightly boring in front of the media, must be said.

• April 22, 2013 at 12:54

I'd still try and test Watford over deeney, I think he's ideal for us.
            I still can't believe David's is at barnet
            Must be something big in it for him, I know they're getting a new ground and their training facility's will put most league one and some champship clubs to shame, but still,barnet?
            Haha he's a bit bland but he's as honest as they come, and he ddddont ssstutterr.

• April 21, 2013 at 17:44

i can not see it getting any better next season,we need someone who knows what they are doing 4-4-2 works if it aint broke dont fix it but kenny will play around with formation and has beens who he thinks will click in a millwall shirt if they are not playing for thier parent club then theres a reason and that reason is they are site,

• April 21, 2013 at 18:01

Chris Wood wasn't playing for his parent club.

• April 21, 2013 at 18:13

ok let you have that one lol the only one

• April 21, 2013 at 21:44

Chaplow? lol

• April 21, 2013 at 22:53

ok ok i am in the wrong but there are a few honest

• April 21, 2013 at 16:56

As an aside from the KJ question a couple of interesting articles re what it takes financially to get to and stay in the Premier League:

• April 22, 2013 at 14:28

I remember the time when Bolton first got promoted they spent 20mil on their team and still got relegated at the end of the season.

• April 21, 2013 at 18:55

Baldock is a good shout but how much would city want? Someone mentioned Elliot back,I would but guarentee he wouldn't. Chaplow is an obvious one and am pretty sure the leg work has already been done but I don't think we'll get him, would be nice though. St ledger is another. Jay Simpson anyone? Maclean has to go back to hull and I ain't herd much of him at ipshit. I'd give Easter a yr contract providing we can get a goal scorer to play alongside him or a young target man like oldhams smith. Peterborough score a lot of goals but have not got an out and out goal scorer but the only player they have worth taking is out of our reach. Ebanks Blake has always impressed me but how much will wolves want if they drop. It'll be an interesting summer that's for sure.

• April 21, 2013 at 18:58

I'm not suggesting it's time part company with Kenny Jackett , pound for pound he's been one of our best ever managers. But , I think sometimes he's out thought by other managers. Tactically , he's not naturally gifted. I'm not a fan changing formation due to being home or away. This is an area whereby I feel KJ simply doesn't know his best side. ......... What about Gary Johnson , Yeovil's manager as a replacement ?

• April 21, 2013 at 19:26

I thought of him but he didnt do much when he left them the first time, now if he moved on again and had a bit of success then yeah I don't see why not but as it stands he doesn't know how hard this division is. Think he's at his rightful place. A bit like dario Grady and Crewe.

• April 21, 2013 at 19:38

Evening bush, Morison was a fantastic buy but how long ago was that and had he ever replaced him, no!! Loans and old timers. That's nobodies fault but kjs. That is my main problem with jackett I don't trust his ability in transfer market.
    The strikers mentioned above we could have signed if quicker, Rhodes Austin and Murray could have joined us but kj bottled it. Didnt wanna pay Murray was it 12k a week I believe then 1 year later laid Henderson 15k. Less said about that the better. Baldock would be unreal signing but wages and fee will blow us out the water. 2m + and 20k+ wages I believe. We need to sign proven quality or youngsters with point to prove, not old has beens or s*** that nobody wants from our league. Easter McLean jay Simpson hulse Tyson no f*** em all. I'd go for nakhi wells from Bradford as a cheap option that's a goal scorer. Just whether we can adapt our game to suit that type of striker. No point signing him or baldock or someone like that who run in behind if we are gonna play route 1 all season.

• April 21, 2013 at 20:19

Cos not sure we're you get the wages from there pretty high cant see Bristol paying that much or us paying that for Henderson I had a idea of about 9 grand for him a week, and that wells is a difficult one because that phil Parkinson was at Charlton when they were in league 1 and he was just long ball I no his got goals but against league 2 defender and I no he got a couple in the cup, but small and lightweight for me that's all, Kay Simpson has a gret CV just could not hit it off the last time he came, hulse also has a impresses record on his CV, Tyson, McLean , Easter, all top league 1 goal scores I no we can't score but I think it a team thing also.

• April 21, 2013 at 19:45

I really can't stand him but , Jermaine Beckford would be ideal for us

• April 21, 2013 at 20:35

Bristol city pay massive wages. Known fact. That's why we have woolford off them on silly money. They are having to trim their wage bill massively cos of relegation. Henderson was on 15k mate was a p*** take. Phil Parkinson is a w*** manager I agree. I'd like us to sign a different type of striker rather than the usual target man so we can play better football.
    What's all this cv s***? You gonna start giving interviews as well. Let me know how Easter hulse and co get on.

• April 21, 2013 at 21:01

As I said before hulse was the best signing we could have made at the time, he had a good loan spell at Charlton just before he came and money bags Harry has sent him to us, an you can't just make up wages there no proof there sunshine, your presuming we payed that much.

• April 21, 2013 at 20:36

Beckford is a c*** that 1 would never join us and 2 wouldn't be accepted by fans and 3 cost too much wage wise and fee. F*** the scummy p****

• April 21, 2013 at 23:13

Beckford is a no no as is dj Campbell
      Lets just say they won't join for the same reason marvin Eliot left. We need to be realistic with not just who we want to sign but more who we are. baldock would not be as expensive as some think. Henderson was about 15k there was no transfer fee involved and he done a good job for us 17 goals in an injury ravidged 1st season. Narhki wells is a good shout but there's more chance of him going to Leeds than us, we couldn't afford his fee and he won't come down south. As for hulse having a good cv, come on he hasn't had one prolific season in his career. Why do you think he came out on this site and said "I've given up worrying about scoring goals", that quote is from a man at the end of a career which has lacked goals.

• April 21, 2013 at 21:34

Players i'd like to see at Millwall next season! (Loan or Permanent)
    Tom Carroll (Loan)- Spurs - Center Mid - Only 19, which provides fresh leg's and he still has to prove himself!
    Tom Pope (Permanent) - Port Vale - Striker - People say he never scores good goals, he can score 20/25 Tap In's a season for us, i wouldn't give a s***!
    Johnny Russell (Permanent) - Dundee United - Striker - Banging in the goals in the SPL, Young, Quick and a good goal poacher! Exactly what we need to partner Keogh!
    Nathan Ake (Loan)- Chelsea - Center Back - Young, Good on the ball, Quick, Good in the air!
    I think with those 4 players (along with keeping Henry, Taylor, Shittu, Forde and the other 1 or 2 who have actually performed this season) we will be fine in the Championship

• April 21, 2013 at 22:19

Hulse was w*** at charlton too. No coincidence that when they had him they were in similar form to what ours is now and now they have gone above us in the league. He was s*** for them s*** for us and hopefully next season he will be s*** somewhere else. Im not making up wages at all what do I have to gain there. If you think we still pay players 2-3k you're crazy. Every single player in our first team squad no matter how bad are on a wage bracket. So s*** like batt who when we offer a new deal would accept peanuts we'd still offer him the squad wage, between 5 and 6k a week I think and certain players are on even more than that. Keogh hulse Tyson woolford all are and I think robbo is too but not certain. We pay good championship wages to league 1 players.

• April 21, 2013 at 22:22

As for baldock Bristol city had to pay majority if not all of baldocks wages he was on at west ham which would have increased after a promotion wage rise. Certain players are worth big wages and I'd be happy giving 15k a week to a top class championship player but not any old s***. Hulse and Tyson on over 10k each or am I making that up too?!

• April 21, 2013 at 23:22

Cos I reckon Tyson and hulse are probably near to that figure at their respected clubs. I can't see hulse coming to us on loan for his full wage at qpr it would not have happened the loan wage would be half what he's on at qpr same for Tyson.

• April 21, 2013 at 22:40

My club will be here next season in fair financial shape and more likely than not, in the Championship. I've been to Wembley more times than the Queen in recent years. Some of you need a reality check or to up your medication. COYL

• April 22, 2013 at 00:41

Not really adsy77777. I have mixed feelings about this season but even I can see its gone tits up. The position we were in at Christmas was hard earned, alot of it down to Chris Wood. But we should of recruited better than we have and not got rid of Henderson, many people s*** him off but look at his goal record for us and tell me who has done better in recent years apart from Morison. Goal scorers are hard to find and when you have 2 of them you should do your best to keep at least 1. Our home record can not be forgiven either, it's a disgrace. I can't wait till the seasons over so we can start again next season, hopefully with a few new players and minus hulse and a few others.

• April 22, 2013 at 05:17

I wasn't too bothered about Henderson leaving cos of his massive wages and the fact he only seemed to play when he wanted to. But when he left kj said its part of a massive rejuvenation of the front line at the club. Well I'm yet to see that and I'm f***** off with the b******* we are fed every window. We are gonna break this record and pay these wages and sign these players. How about you keep your plans quiet and then clubs won't up their asking prices when we are saying we are willing to pay over 1m for the right player that means every single player we are interested in clubs up the asking price. I just think kj has lost his own appetite. No passion s*** excuses and poor tactics and signings. Want to be wrong but can't see it changing.

• April 22, 2013 at 22:25

JACKETT SHOULD BE SACKED END OF! ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY GOES TO GAMES MUST SURELY AGREE, PLAYERS OUT OF POSITION WEEK IN WEEK OUT, AND ANYONE WHO THINKS BATT,MARQUIS,WOOLFOOD ,JACK SMITH ARE GOOD ENOUGH IS OUT OF HIS MIND, JUST HAD ENOUGH, JACKETT BEEN GREAT BUT WE NEED A FRESH START, IN JACKETT WE TRUST IS ABOUT AS PLAUSABLE AS ARSENAL TRUSTING WENGER, CAN'T WAIT TILL THE FIRST GAME OF SEASON IN AUG WHEN MARQUIS AND BATT START UPFRONT! WHAT A F***** JOKE WE HAVE BECOME

• Pingback: brand activation