Millwall to ban "mindless" minority after Wembley violence

© Edmund Boyden
© Edmund Boyden

MILLWALL have vowed to issue indefinite bans to the "mindless minority" involved in scenes of violent disorder at Wembley on Saturday.

Serious crowd trouble broke out during the second-half of the Lions' FA Cup semi-final defeat at the hands of Wigan and at least ten people have already been arrested by police.

The club said in a statement: "Millwall Football Club will do everything possible to assist the Football Association and the Metropolitan Police investigating the disorder that occurred."

Chief executive Andy Ambler commented: "Anyone found guilty of violent behaviour will be banned indefinitely in addition to any punishment they receive from the authorities.

"Having worked so hard to show the positive side of our club both on and off the field, we cannot allow the actions of a mindless minority to undermine that."

An estimated 30 people were involved in violent clashes in the East Stand of the stadium but police and stewards generic lexapro hives were slow to react to the trouble.

Manager Kenny Jackett was not aware of what had occurred immediately after the match: "I did not see any fighting during the game.

"I was not aware of any problems. I haven't seen any TV footage yet either, so I will have to examine the facts before I can form an opinion on it.

"It's not part of the game now and it never has been, but it's not something I can sum up right away to form my own opinion. I'm sure the evidence is there.

"We've worked very hard to do everything we possibly can to try to be trouble free – and we've had many high-profile games recently which have been absolutely fine."

Right-back Alan Dunne was quick to condemn what had occurred in the stands: "It's disappointing to hear about. Those involved don't do this club justice – they should be ashamed."

39 thoughts on “Millwall to ban "mindless" minority after Wembley violence

• April 14, 2013 at 00:43

F****** good job.

I'm quite happy for us to play in front of 9000 odd supporters if all those p***** just stay away.

• April 14, 2013 at 01:21

I have supported the club since the 1960s and everytime it seems we are getting somewhere these damn idiots intervene and ruin it for the hundreds of decent fans. Some claim that "This is Millwall" what do you expect. They also think it is part of their macho image. In reality they can't be trusted to watch live sport, can't handle their drink and think that being naughty and having an "off" with their own fans is a right hard thing to do--But it is just a pathetic embarrassment which shows they care as much about the club as a used fag packet

• April 14, 2013 at 02:54

Absolute c****, sorry bout the language, but there's no other words for them. I don't think anyone who has been going week in week out this season was surprised at the result but IMO we didn't let ourselves down on the pitch - that was done by the c**** off it.

• April 14, 2013 at 09:12

Ten id'd so far let's hopes they find the others as well. Name and shame them and lock 'em up.

• April 14, 2013 at 09:36

I'm totally embarrassed to be a millwall support, this is the 1st time theirs ever been trouble at wembley & it had to be us, the press & media will have a feel day, these c...s should be shot, what must those true men those soldiers in the stands be thinking, I hope they all get shot or put inside for life, I'm just so embarrassed to be a millwall supporter yet again , brain dead thugs that's all they are, I wouldn't blame Kenny or the chairman if they f***** off , I would.

• April 14, 2013 at 10:00

Same old story. No trouble all year round, but come the big games and we attract these idiots.

There'll be plenty of so-called supporters on the websites shouting everyone down and saying this is 'Real Wall' and its what we do, but the reality is that the majority of these p***** rarely go to matches and couldn't give a t*** about the club or the rest of us. I even read one message asking why anyone would bring kids to a game like this - what chance have we with views like this?

I've been through the repercussions of all the notorious games - Ipswich, Luton, Leeds, Derby, Birmingham, etc. The yobs disappear from games straight after, but it takes the club years to recover after each event.

• April 14, 2013 at 10:30

There was so much charlie being snorted by groups of p***** up chavs in the bogs - it was always going to kick off somewhere.

• April 14, 2013 at 15:16

Absolutely right, the toilets were a disgrace, worse than the Den.

• April 14, 2013 at 10:35

Im not condoning what happened yesterday, mindless thugs that want to drag the wall back to the 80s, however what has failed to be mentioned is what i witnessed up in the gods just next to the wigan support. There was some scrapping up there amongst them, not to the same degree but non the less it happened but no words on sky news about those little moments.....

• April 15, 2013 at 20:44

Rob, I saw a fight right in front of me, Millwall on Millwall and in the concourse just before half time. Probably just as well that weren't mentioned either

• April 14, 2013 at 10:44

To all the morons that were fighting, how does it feel to make little girls cry. Many thanks for giving us all the wrong headlines. Yea you are well ard ! Congratulations.

• April 14, 2013 at 11:26

Big games should be registered members and season ticket holders only. One ticket each.

• April 14, 2013 at 12:01

Glyngo, I'm afraid you're probably right. The fall-out from these games every time it happens is just too damaging for the club.

• April 14, 2013 at 11:29

Also gotta say that it is hard to argue why the media should not focus on our end, it was much worse than anything in the Wigan end. Got no love for the media but we shot ourselves in the foot no point looking to blame anyone else

• April 14, 2013 at 12:22

Those p***** think there tuff but if it came on top when we were playing away I bet they would be the first to run! How many parents took there kids to there first game only to witness all that b*****,could have potentially scared off future wall fans C****

• April 14, 2013 at 14:49

These w****** ruin the game for everyone. They think they have the right to claim they are 'real Millwall' but they are not interested in the club or the match itself.

If you go on the House of Fun website today you will find these p***** giving it large and running down the overwhelming majority of supporters who brought their families for a fun day out with face paint and flags. These sad, middle-aged nobodies' lives are so empty that they actually feel like they are somebody when they behave like kids in the school playing ground. They need to grow up, take responsibility for their lives and behave like adults. No-one is impressed by their childish antics.

We have come so far in recent years and these morons are so selfish they could jeapordise everything. How are we going to build our gates to raise money for better players if this keeps putting decent people of attending? We are heading for League One if this continues. Genuine Millwall supporters need to stand up to this and organise to stop it. That means the supporters club taking a lead in the ground and outside with leaflets and publicity, instead of sitting back and bleating.

• April 14, 2013 at 15:18

I have said it before and got shouted down. These people do not deserve protection from us.

• April 14, 2013 at 15:28

I've stopped using House of Fun - a shame as it used to be a great site, by it's just been taken over by extremists.

Make the mistake of disagreeing with one of the 'main' posters and you're finished - like a pack of wolves they all rush in to join the attack.

• April 14, 2013 at 15:41

Mick, that's exactly why I don't go there any more (just had a peek in this morning to see what was being said). I was a member of the forum when it was first set up. After a few years it seemed to have been taken over by right wing extremists. Some of the stuff on there was shocking and I shudder to think what anyone from outside the club thinks about Millwall after reading it. There is one thread today where someone opens it by saying people should report people they know were involved to the club. He gets called a 'c**t' and a 'grass' repeatedly by other posters. This is nothing to do with 'grassing'. You have got to have a really twisted code of loyalty to think you owe anything to the idiots who caused the trouble yesterday. They showed utter contempt for the club and deserve decent fans' scorn and dismissal.

• April 14, 2013 at 18:56

Mick/Junk
          Spot on about families and HOF etc
          I think that follows my point on the other thread.
          We should stand up to these "Billy Bright" wannabes
          They don't love Millwall, they are c****, who just to brain dead to love anything.
          C****, mindless c****

• April 14, 2013 at 18:02

A friend of mine at work today has told me that his mrs was a syeward at wembly for yesterdays game and she has said that it was other supporters in that melee from other clubs. No excuses for any wall that got involved but the FA have to answer the question WHY WERE THEY THERE and that was fron a steward.

• April 14, 2013 at 18:04

Sorry for the bad spelling, im just p***** off about what happened and passionate about Wall.

• April 14, 2013 at 18:32

Fur one mooment mate I vault you was the polise officer fram hello hello......

• April 14, 2013 at 21:44

Lol cheers mate

• April 15, 2013 at 20:48

I know at least one face in the trouble and he is "apparently" Millwall oh and he is already on a banning order

• April 14, 2013 at 18:55

Iam not condoning the violence and I agree that it damages the club big time, could agree more! But doesn't everyone see that we've also been the victim once again of sensationalist journalism again? The press and media love to jump on Millwall incidents like this, any other club and it would be a 2 liner in the small pages. There WAS a scuffle, no doubt, I was very close to it, but listening to Call Collymore and some of the other s**** on the way home from Wembley yesterday, you would think we had nuked the bloody stadium. I guarantee you that by the time Chelsea and man City have finished today there will have been MUCH MORE THAN 10 ARRESTS IN AND AROUND THE STADIUM, BUT IT WON'T GET PUBLISHED, because the FA and the Media don't want to tarnish the crown jewel of english soccer...the premier league. Millwall always cop bad press, every single incident, every single arrest and every single swear word, chant and song gets blown way out of proportion. It makes me sick. Again, I know we haven't been angels, but we do get a raw deal. They actually love us for it.

• April 15, 2013 at 09:33

Your right in what your saying about the media,I don't know if anyone else saw the w***** journalist on the Sunday supplement on sky? Said the trouble was because tickets went on sale to outsiders and rival fans were involved. S*** lazy journalism at its worst. That section was one of the first to sell out before tickets were on general sale. The idea that it kicked off with the vermin or Chelsea is exactly what the media would have loved,these p***** should get off there arses and seek the truth instead off s*** stirring!!!

• April 14, 2013 at 19:08

I have not seen the footage of our lot kicking off, but I can't imagine that it's no worse than what happens every weekend, in every town, every Saturday night. The media hate millwall and football fans in general and will highlight anything they can for a story.
    Newcastle fans have been on the news tonight and to be fair covered in detail.

• April 14, 2013 at 19:33

I have never been so embarrassed of being associated with Millwall than yesterday, and it it sickens me that these moronic individuals got their air space yet again! I feel so tired of facing another public dressing down because of a group of idiots who believe it is acceptable to behave that way in front of children... Let alone the world! I am trying to think of the most effective damage limitation and believe you me, i am in full support of name and shame. I never see this when im down the den using my season ticket and i never want to see this again. Moronic, children with a low tolerance to beer! Well done, you must be very proud!

• April 14, 2013 at 20:00

Seeing young girls crying makes good tele. Asked yourselves if that was your daughter how would you feel. Can't do it anymore ,it ain't big and it ain't clever let's not pass the buck,we are all adults and we all like a beer.These people could start a fight in a phone box, got on the tube at 1o clock and they were 6 so called Millwall supporters completely mangled giving some tourist grief poor man , and they had 4 hours to go. So when someone asks why we kick off at 12.30 against Leeds etc they you can tell them the answer we can't behave.

• April 15, 2013 at 00:42

Thuggery = buggery

• April 15, 2013 at 15:57

Yeh they've really buggered us.

• April 15, 2013 at 09:16

I travelled 540 miles round on Saturday to watch the wall and walked o Wembley from where we parked with 10 Wigan fans enjoying the banter with no problems but as soon a we entered a pub you could sense that there were people who had been drinking all day so we left for the stadium and had a walk about no trouble the entered the ground we were in block 529 and waited for the kick off with a great atmosphere until about 25 minutes into the game a fight broke out just above the entrance to 529 in took stewards 15 minutes to sort it out no police attended. so its about time true Millwall fans stood up to the them and we stop looking to blame the police or other supporters and yes shop these moronic thugs to the club and the authorities I have been a supporter for 46 yeas and thought we had seen the last of the dark days. I think the club had it right last time at old Trafford season tickets and members I ticket per person and no general sales yes we would lose revenue but not lose all the hard work the club has done to lose its bad image.

• April 15, 2013 at 20:54

Carew - was in the same block and witnessed the fight you saw. So did my kids!
      Also there was a big off outside the vents in the concourses.

All by morons pie high on Charlie and p***** as farts.
      W******