Jackett: Millwall "fearing the worst" after Chaplow injury

© Keith Gillard
© Keith Gillard

KENNY Jackett fears Richard Chaplow could miss the rest of the season after limping off with suspected ankle ligament damage in Millwall's 1-1 draw at Birmingham City.

The Southampton loanee will have a scan on Monday and Jackett is hoping the results will be like those of Tottenham's Gareth Bale, who was recently ruled out for two weeks with a similar injury.

"It doesn't look good," Jackett said. "He is wearing a protective boot and he is on crutches. We are hoping he can make a Bale-type recovery but you obviously fear the worst with an injury like that."

Jackett also confirmed that striker Andy Keogh missed Saturday's match at St. Andrew's with illness, but added: "I would think within a couple of days he'll be okay."

17 thoughts on “Jackett: Millwall "fearing the worst" after Chaplow injury

• April 8, 2013 at 12:05

We must be one of the unluckiest teams in the friggin' world! Even if he is okay in two to three weeks we need him on Saturday.

• April 8, 2013 at 12:35

Thats just f****** great,we really need him for saturdy,experienced and prem quality give saville a go on saturday: forde dunne shittu beevers lowry henry st ledger c.taylor saville keogh

• April 8, 2013 at 15:02

Don't think Saville will feature, I think he was an insurance signing in case we didn't get anybody else before the loan deadline. Now that Chaplow is injured I'd be amazed if St. Ledger doesn't play, he's got the class to play in midfield and has heaps of experience on the big stage through his Ireland caps. I know this post won't be popular but I think we have to go 4-5-1 and play Hulse up front as we have nobody else who can (supposedly) hold the ball up for the others to join in, Henry would be a risk, but a better risk from the start rather than off the bench. Wigan are a good side with good players and on their day they could tonk us. If we go 4-3-3 or even 4-4-2 I think they will pass us off the park and kill us on any counter attack. QPR got stuck into their midfield on Sunday with ten men and if we can do same they won't create too much and we might just nick a goal at the other end, Lowry for first goal, 33/1 with Bet365!

Got a ticket and heading over on the red eye flight Saturday. Happy days. In KJ we trust and COYL!

• April 8, 2013 at 17:42

Henry's a risky one lion, I reckon he'll get a run out on Tuesday but I don't think it will be enough game time for him to start on Saturday although like you, I also believe he's a better starter as I can't see what impact he would make if we're chasing the game, if so at what point do you bring him on. On the other hand, if he does start how will he cope with the size of the pitch? Will he burn himself out after 30 mins? And who would you bring on to replace him?
        Not a bad headache to have I guess but a shame we can't have a fit and healthy Henry and Taylor in the same starting 11, fingers crossed Tuesday goes accordingly, I think availability will change after Tuesday - suspensions or injury due to half hearted challenges, of course I hope I'm wrong but still need to be realistic. COYL

• April 8, 2013 at 19:45

According to http://www.footballgroundguide.com, Wembley and The Den have the same size pitch! 105x68 yards.

So it should be like playing at home except with 21,500+ extra fans getting on the players backs when a pass goes astray e.t.c........ Tee Hee

My head says a 0-0 draw tomorrow but if we can get ahead we should get the three points.

Think Lowry is a huge price at 33s for first goal on Saturday given the discovery of his recent free kick talent, Shittu and St Ledger both 33s as well. Set pieces likely to be our best chance of a goal.

• April 8, 2013 at 21:01

Lol. Well i stand corrected lion and its good to know, must be the space around the pitch that makes it look bigger. Good prices for all three. And agree about the set pieces.
            But you won't see me making any bets. you know I've waited for this opportunity cause they broke my heart in 99, me and a friend went to willie hills in islington to make a bet for us to win the AWS on the day of the Cardiff game, they didnt have any odds available for us and told us to go back later, we went back and had no joy so the manager gave us 14s we had £40 between us, we went every single game to watch us lose the final in the 93rd minute, I've never bet on us since even if I know we're gonna win.
            We really need a result tomorrow need to jump above the addicts

• April 8, 2013 at 14:05

Well I don't Henry won't be playing tomorrow as he's one booking away from suspension. I just hope he's playing Saturday.

• April 8, 2013 at 14:48

Big loss, absolutely gutted gor him and us, and hope for a speady recovery. We have st ledger who IMO is also a quality player and can also do a great job in the middle as he proved on Saturday. He's done the job for Leicester when called upon, and I'm pretty sure KJ will use him in the center on Saturday.
    As for Henry I'd expect him to make a little cameo on Tuesday to give him some match time, but only if he's 100% fit, if not then he'll be in the bench on Saturday. Either way and no matter who starts, we'll be ok. COYL

• April 8, 2013 at 19:17

I reckon we'll rest Shittu, put Ledger in at CB, then put J Smith and Abdou back in to centre mid. Imagine the rest will stay as it is (might rest Dunne for A Smith)

• April 8, 2013 at 19:54

Saville needs to play in Tuesday for at least half hour to see what he's like. Henry 20 minutes tommorow then if he feels ok he has to start Saturday , he has to feature even if 70% fit henry is a danger and we dont have many players who can change a game. IMO team has to be.
    Forde, Dunne, Shittu, Beevers, Lowry
    Henry, Abdou, j Smith, Taylor
    Trotter(just behind) Keogh
    F*** all this hulse holding it up bolloks it never happens he is s*** and doesn't look like scoring. We look more like scoring when we play 4-4-2 or in my case 4-4-1-1 and we have to just go for it against Wigan, 2 good wingers , a solid centre mid pair and trotter who scores most his goals from attacking mid (his best position where he dont have to do the s*** work) with Keogh playing up front where he scored a few goals for us last season, and his best position, not on the wing where he is in-effective.

• April 8, 2013 at 20:40

It's all about opinions 82 but no St. Ledger? He'd walk into our defence or midfield if he were on our books permanently.

• April 8, 2013 at 21:46

True , but jimmy and jack smith have both played well this season, I couldn't leave either of them out purely because they both give you 100% and they have been playing well and they're ours.

• April 8, 2013 at 21:48

How would you feel playing well and then some bloke who's been here a week, and who will not be here next season, just comes in and nicks your spot? Would be cruel of jackett if you ask me.

• April 8, 2013 at 21:56

Agree with the sentiment but it's an FA Cup Semi Final and it's all about winning. Would've been the same if Chaplow played.

• April 8, 2013 at 22:01

Again I agree only that Chaplow has played a few more and been here longer, maybe it's just because I missed Saturday so didn't see st ledger in the flesh ? Never been a fan of j smith until lately where he has impressed me, so MAYBE st ledger for him but jimmy would be there 100%

• April 9, 2013 at 00:31

I'm very disappointed Chaplow picked up this injury, he has a good engine and what we needed to help steady the ship!

• Pingback: dating