Millwall winger Henry confident he will be fit for Wembley

© John Kirkpatrick
© John Kirkpatrick

WINGER James Henry has revealed he is set to resume full training next week ahead of Millwall's FA Cup semi-final against Wigan at Wembley.

Henry damaged knee ligaments last month and had been told he would miss the remainder of the season, but the 23-year-old has made rapid progress during his recovery.

And the former Reading man is now confident that, with a week of training behind him, he will be fit enough to feature against the Latics on April 13.

Henry told NewsAtDen: "The last couple of days have been really good – I'm running outside already so things are going well. Provided that continues, I should be back on the training pitch on Monday.

"If I train on Monday, I do not see why I can't be involved against Sheffield Wednesday. But that will be down to the manager – he will have a look at me in training and make a decision then.

"I don't think it's a case of pushing myself too soon. After the initial scan we thought my knee was a lot worse that it actually was and that's why I was pencilled in to return next season.

"But I've seen a specialist and had another scan since and the signs are really good. It's just a case of how it feels now as to when I can play again.

"I'd prepared myself for the fact that I was going to miss the rest of the season so it's a big boost."

16 thoughts on “Millwall winger Henry confident he will be fit for Wembley

• April 5, 2013 at 08:37

Brilliant, but please do not rush it.

• April 5, 2013 at 08:48

If Taylor is fit we can play an orthodox 4-4-2 with plenty of natural width. Just gotta sort out the central berth & strikers. Could be a high-scoring semi!

• April 5, 2013 at 10:55

Plan for the worse and hope for the best.
    As above no need to rush back as he's too valuable to us. No denying it would be a timely boost but only if he has a 20/30 min cameo against Wednesday.
    Nice bit of hopeful news though.
    And if it does happen, it should solve kenny's
    "Lack of width".
    My only worry for Henry and us, is the size of the wembley pitch, I'm sure KJ and the coaches will be extending the size of the pitch on the training ground next week but even so it's different if your made to chase around for 40/50 minutes Which Wigan are capable of making us do, it'll be a shame for Henry to come on under those circumstances. As I said that's my only concern, I still think we're winning that game. Good luck Henry.

• April 5, 2013 at 11:34

Henry out wide and chaplow in an attacking central role instead of trotter,suddenly I fancy our chances a lot more

• April 5, 2013 at 11:39

No we need to put Trotter in the shop window if he happens to play well it's money in the bank this summer when we move him on.

• April 5, 2013 at 12:43

We should have sold Trotter in the summer, he is worth heaps less now

• April 5, 2013 at 19:00

Whats a matter with you people. Don't you understand that class is permanent form is temporary. Yes Trotter has been poor the the middle part of this season but why do you think we have struggled to score goals since Wood left. Wood was only scoring cause Trotter was splitting defences every week weather it was an assist or a key pass to henry down the channel. Kenny Jackets judgement is never far wrong and has been key to him through out the years and still holds him as one of the first on the team sheet. Everyone should get behind the boy and stop be negative. He is a marked man in the divison and will come strong again. In Kenny we Trust COYL

• April 5, 2013 at 12:38

Be good to see him back, BUT remember one thing James Henry, Shane Lowery takes the free kicks!!!

• April 5, 2013 at 13:54

He's our most important player to me. He's still very young for a footballer and we shouldn't rush him back. He could be worth a few million in years to come.

• April 5, 2013 at 17:04

Amazing news, 1 of our best players back,we got a better chance of winning with him playin,esp if taylor can be fit to play left,chaplow in the middle, just up front that worries me, hopefully 1 of our strikers will score against sheff weds,and get a bit of belief beforehand, need a win for europe nxt season 🙂 lol, lookin forward to a good day out on the 13th COYL!!!!!

• April 5, 2013 at 17:25

mint news but not going to get my hopes up just keep fingures crossed we can beat the b*******

• April 5, 2013 at 21:40

Sounds good 3.1 COYL hope Henry gets a Wembley shot he deserves it.

• April 7, 2013 at 17:42

Should of been 3.1 COYL

• April 9, 2013 at 00:39

Hopefully he will play a part against Sheff Wed, it will be a good addition and good timing. Just hope he's not been rushed back and gets a more serious injury by doing so. Good luck Mr Henry, well worth a punt on Saturday!

• Pingback: louis vuitton bags outlet

• Pingback: Lentes Oakley