Ambler defends Millwall's ticket policy for Wigan semi-final

© Kieran Galvin
© Kieran Galvin

CHIEF executive Andy Ambler has defended Millwall's ticketing policy for the club's FA Cup semi-final against Wigan at Wembley after criticism from some fans.

The Lions' 6,000-plus season ticket holders will be entitled to purchase a maximum of three tickets for the match on April 13 but members have been told they may only be able to buy one.

Some supporters fear those arrangements will leave them ticketless – or at the very least, unable to sit with friends and family inside the stadium.

But Ambler told NewsAtDen: "We will see how much of our allocation is left after we've been on sale for a week in terms of how many tickets members can buy.

"Not all season ticket holders will buy three but some will – so we are expecting between 18,000 and 20,000 to be bought by them. There should be 10,000-plus left for members.

"For example, if there are 14,000 tickets left, we would say two per member. If there are 9,000 left, it will be one per member. It will come down to the maths.

"Membership does not guarantee you tickets but it looks like we should have enough to satisfy the demand. But at the end of the day, people who bought season tickets deserve to be given priority.

"This is the fairest way we think of making sure people get tickets for Wembley."

Millwall have been given a total allocation of 31,514 in the West Stand but were told by the Football Association on Monday that there is no prospect of that being increased.

Ambler added: "This is the FA Cup, not a Football League play-off final, therefore the flexibility is not the same as it has been in the past. 31,514 is our allocation and sadly it won't go up.

"That's just something we have to be mindful of. It's the same with Club Wembley – whereas before we've had an allocation for that area, those seats are licensed and sold by the FA."

Click here for full ticket details.

149 thoughts on “Ambler defends Millwall's ticket policy for Wigan semi-final

• March 19, 2013 at 11:05

No wonder our crowds are in decline. Ambler has consistently shown he is incompetent and decisions like this just alienate the majority of fans who aren't season ticket-holders.

No-one denies that Season Ticket holders should have first choice, but why give them two extra tickets and members none? It makes the whole membership scheme worthless and demeaning.

• March 19, 2013 at 17:41

That's not what he's saying tho, I will buy 3 tickets but the other two I'm buying for are members. So there will be loads left for members and it will be 2 each by then I'm sure. ..... Anyway it's sit we're you like isn't it 😉

• March 19, 2013 at 11:08

I think this is fair enough ill be getting my 3 tickets the weekend

• March 19, 2013 at 11:23

Just to pick Micky up on one point. We have around 6,500 season tickets holders, average gates are around 10-11,000, so the the majority are season ticket holders. Having said that, the above makes no sense to me at all. I do not see why season ticket holders should get three tickets. It should be the same as any other game, Season ticket holders get their ticket, then members, then any left go on open sale. As a season ticket holder , Just because I chose to pay up front for my tickets I already get cheaper home game tickets, virtually guarented away tickets, but I do not see why I should get three at the expense of other genuine fans, who may not be able to get a ticket because of this decision.

• March 19, 2013 at 11:24

Season ticket holders get a huge reduction over the season on admission and priority on all cup tickets - fair enough. For the rest of us who can't get to every home game or have moved away from the area, we get the membership. We end up paying more to get into matches, but that's fair enough.

What's not fair is that Season Ticket holders can buy two extra tickets for this game, then when the best seats are gone, Members can only have one each (subject to availability!). The club knew this would p*** a lot of Members off. They should have made it a spare ticket each for everyone, with priority given to Season Ticket holders, Members and then general sale in that order.

• March 19, 2013 at 11:30

Tough one this.
    If you give seaon ticket holders two tickets then how can you give members two tickets as well?
    They paid up front so in the eyes of Ambler they should get priority. Is that right? I don't know to be honest. If you give one ticket to season ticket holders ( that does go against the usual rules of the game for any club) that makes members on equal standing but then they only get one ticket as well. Which presumably means that the rest go on general sale and that ticket holders and members lose out. The real problem here is that there's not enough tickets. Even if Wigan sell all of theirs we've got 20,000 tickets going to non Millwall and Wigan supporters and that's what stinks.

• March 19, 2013 at 11:31

Reward the people who go week in week out not the p***** who pick and choose, if half of our Wembley allocation went every week we would be challenging for promotion. And chris wood would have joined us!! Buy a season ticket It costs me £320, about £14 a game!!

• March 19, 2013 at 13:50

Your a p**** you f****** mug.
      Did I get your back up just then ? Good a*******.
      Make your point without having to insult your own, it's people like you that stop some of em coming.
      Just for the record no I haven't got a season ticket, but guess what ? I think ambler is right to reward the season ticket holders the way he has, the membership policy has always hindered us and always will, but remember one thing, we all support millwall and want what's best.
      P**** ? Bringing chris wood into it makes you the p****, if you think it was money that stopped him from coming then your an even bigger p****.

• March 19, 2013 at 14:21

People need to remember there are thousands of wall fans that used to go week in week out in decades past like myself,these people may have moved out of London for example but anyway my point is we have just as much right to a ticket for our loyalty back then as somebody does for there loyalty now. St holders should have 2 tickets first then 2 tickets each to us lions card holders and members

• March 19, 2013 at 15:43

Vermin, I couldn't careless what anyone thinks except the little cheap shots some like to post. I was up at Bolton not everyone on here was I was up at middlesboro I bet no one on here was I was at Charlton some on here was I was at home to wolves not even all the season ticket holders were or members. But I'm branded as a p**** or a glory hunter. Haha we had less than 200 up at boro so why do I not deserve a ticket how am I not a supporter, but my point is I will be at wembley come rain or shine I'm millwall and that's what we do. I've served my time and go to the most random away games even the ones I don't need to cause they're on telly, friends and the missus say I'm mad or crazy, no I ain't, I'm millwall as simple as that. It's good to see all the opinion and there's a lot of good, but every now and then there's a little mug with nothing but s*** to say.
        But what I do disagree with you is you can't expect a ticket for wenbley just cause you had a season ticket in the eighties or nineties it doesn't and can't work like that. It's about this season and this season only IMO

• March 19, 2013 at 18:45

I agree with you mate that people who have been going on a regular basis this season should have priority but after this other millwall fans past and present have a right to tickets too,i will probaly get a ticket as ive got a membership as well as a lions card however people on here should stop getting shitty with each other and try helping out a fellow wall supporter who might need a ticket,that after all was the millwall way back in the days!

• March 19, 2013 at 20:31

I sadly dont have a season ticket, i have a young family and a job that is shift work. I would love to be able to justify to my mrs spending that amount on one and i know their not that expensive, however i do agree that the people that have paid their dues for one should get priority and the option for 3 tickets. Now before i settled down i followed the wall all over the country, plus whilst i was in the forces for 14 years i deployed to some god awful s*** holes around the world and being away from london with this only came to an end in 2010 made it difficult to go to games so i think ive paid my dues and will be trying to get a ticket for it.

• March 19, 2013 at 22:03

Verm and rob, I'm in a similar position as for why I don't go every week, f*** me I've had some rows over the yrs about wall, I even said I was working early and finishing really late to get the job finished, it proved to be the best lie I've ever told, we went to notts county wall won and I think Harris got a hatrick.
            But it's round two for me I'm with a different woman and got two more kids, would I do that again ? I'm 99% sure I won't, depends on our European
            Tour ; ) what I'm trying to say is, like you both have, I'm time served. But I couldn't give a monkeys what these little Herbert's think they're young and think differently, not a problem for me. This ticketing system has had the most attention I can remember on this site.
            We have just over 6000 STHs and about the same in members that's 12000, reading these posts the farest thing to do by averaging the opinions would be to give two to each STHs and one to members that's say 18/20000 leaving 11/13000 tickets available to General sale. Verm times have changed people have changed and the days of looking after your own seem a thing if the past, not enough of us do that mate, you only need to look at some of the posts to realise that, and they'd claim to be real supporters. F****** joke.

• March 19, 2013 at 22:18

Well said luke, and if we do get a ticket maybe meet up for a pint before and toast the good old days...

• March 20, 2013 at 10:16

Imo if you followed the club home and away in the past or you have a session ticket this year one thing is for sure you can hold your heads up high knowing your a real fan unlike all those mugs you see walking around with man u and Liverpool shirts. I get a lot of pride in telling stories of of all those games I attended in the past and I'm sure the lads that attend every week now will do the same in years to come. It's not a competition in who supports the club the best it's about just supporting the club!!!

• March 20, 2013 at 23:31

Once again Luke spot on. We are all wall and everyone should be able to acquire tickets fairly. I think three per season ticket is too many. Personally I have four season tickets including my nippers. In total I will be buying seven tickets for us four STH and three for mates who I know are genuine supporters but not members. With regards to everyone else who has asked for tickets for a day out - I've told em to queue in the line at the den. As to why as a season ticket holder I need 2 extra seats lord only knows. I guess I'm a little fatter in truth than previous years. I guess it's so STH can take their spouses. Well she can do one!!

• March 22, 2013 at 07:09

Haha, like it bonnie, if being fat was the reason then I'll need 3 for myself. Lol

• March 19, 2013 at 11:44

Maybe if a reward system was in place would make it easier I.e members that go to MOST games get a better chance then members that only come for the so called BIG GAMES

• March 19, 2013 at 12:01

Nothing to do with this thread but I thought people might like to know, just heard Blackburn are looking for a new manager, Appleton just been sacked, shame LOL.

• March 19, 2013 at 12:03

I completely agree with nikola, I think it is disgusting that 20,000 go on corporate, and that any Wigan don't sell go unsold and empty. I don't blame the club, I blame the greedy FA.
    I am a ST holder and will be taking my son with me as I am trying to convince him that millwall is the team for him. But I would never consider giving my spare ticket to a plastic.
    That being said, If the 10,000 average gate got 3 tickets each the we would have our allocation filled fairly.

• March 20, 2013 at 23:34

Seriously glen?

I have always said to my nippers, they can choose their religion. They get no choice with their football team. They are now 11 & 12 and have both been going since they were 2 and have had season tickets since the age of 7.

Some parents eh!! Lol

• March 19, 2013 at 12:04

Membership closed yesterday, then they put it on that 3 for season ticket holders 1 for members, there will be enough tickets for each member and 3 for season ticket holders. Millwall will not want these to go on general sale. We have been to wembley a few times now and we have the same panic every time, if more people had bought membership before it closed yesterday then it might of been 2 for season ticket holders, if someone wanted a good chance of getting a ticket then they should've joined the club! I'm a member that goes to most home games, but some of my family only go to the odd game in the season but are still members for this reason.

• March 19, 2013 at 13:51

Very good point ; )

• March 19, 2013 at 12:14

So, season ticket holders can buy three tickets which means they can get them for friends or family. As you say and quite rightly ‘’season ticket holders deserve to be given priority’’. You can also guarantee that a percentage of these tickets will be for mates who are non-Millwall fans who fancy an afternoon out at Wembley no matter who’s playing who. This is all very well Mr Ambler but what of the Millwall fans that are not ‘season ticket holders’ or ‘members’? You know, the ones that can only make it to the Den at certain times of the year but still manage to get to a mid-week game in the middle of winter and/or still go even though we’re playing crap etc, etc? What of the members who do manage to get a ticket but then find out their mates and family are sitting in totally different blocks? We can’t wait until you decide whether there’s a chance of getting two tickets on a member’s card because there’s always that chance they’ll all get snapped up before we could get in the queue or on the phone. I did that for our last semi-final and missed out altogether. I can assure you Mr Ambler that ain’t gonna ‘appen again not where I’m concerned anyway!

To recap then:
    Season ticket holders – 3 tickets (no matter who they’re for).
    Members –1 ticket but not guaranteed. A possibility of two if they’re brave enough to wait until the 11 hour.
    Millwall fans who are not ‘in’ with any season ticket holders – have got no chance of seeing their team at Wembley in the FA Cup.

I suppose you know what you’re doing Mr Ambler, well, I hope you do

• March 19, 2013 at 12:26

As a season ticket holder along with my dad, the ticket issue isn't really a problem to us and we will be using the full 6 tickets that we can have (2 of which I'm buying for members anyway). However, I do agree this whole thing has been a disaster. Both Millwall's and Wigan's hands have been tied by The FA as the better seats at Wembley are given to non-supporters which automatically leaves supporters buying their second choice tickets for the game.
    With the membership scheme, I think a system should be put in place every season to ensure the right people are getting tickets for the bigger games. Something like for every home game a member goes to they get 1 point on their card and for every away game they get 2 points and when the big games come around the club can just give priority to those who have gained the most points and it will leave the usual Leeds/Palace/Charlton lot last in the queue for a ticket.
    If there are enough tickets left I do hope that members will be allowed an extra ticket for the game but just I can't see it happening due to the sheer number of people who are after a ticket. I do hope that when the members do get the oppportunity to get their ticket for the game, as many as possible are fairly happy with the ticket they get and maybe for future situations like this the club find a way of making the whole process a lot easier and fairer.

• March 19, 2013 at 12:56

buy a season ticket and support the club, you once a year glory hunting cheap b*******.

• March 19, 2013 at 13:17

Sorry but that's a really dickish thing to say. I'm sure there are plenty of supporters out there who can't afford a season ticket or would't be worthwhile buying one because they can't go to a lot of games because of family, work or distance. I'm a membership card holder purely because I can't make mid-week games. As you can imagine, I'm absolutely gutten about the re-arranged Palarse fixture.
      You might find it a good idea the next time you post a comment on here, you give it a little thought beforehand.

• March 19, 2013 at 13:24

Well said REAL Supporter. I live abroad now and rarely get to a game as I am rarely back home in London as my family & friends have all moved away. But I suppose in some people's view I am a 'plastic' supporter and the thousands spent over 15-20 years going home and away in my younger life count for nothing?

• March 19, 2013 at 13:43

Unfortunatley lion.ie, I think any Millwall fan who's not a season ticket holder is classed as a 'plastic'. Really don't think it's a fair title just because they want to see their team play at Wembley. Living abroad as you do must make it virtually impossible. I've got family who are Millwall fans living in America, so I know exactly how hard it must be for the likes of you. There are genuine 'plastic supporters' out there who are only going for a day out and who will have a better chance of getting a ticket than you and I but I suppose that will always happen.

• March 19, 2013 at 13:53

To be honest, once I saw 31.5k tickets I was resigned to not getting one and I've no complaints that season ticket holders and members get priority. What will be gutting is to see a two thirds full Wembley on TV thanks to the idiots at the F.A.

• March 19, 2013 at 17:13

Another mug

• March 19, 2013 at 13:03

I agree season ticket holders should get priority, but why give them 3 tickets whith a chance they will take non millwall fans go8ng just gor a day out, when members of the club aint even gaurenteed a ticket, its a absolute joke, ST holders should get 2 and at least that way all members would be gaurenteed a ticket, even if it is just the one. The other thing is why wernt memberships suspended earlier, another way of the club to fleece there own fans perhaps, well im gonna be p***** f i lose out to a prawn sandwich supporter

• March 20, 2013 at 23:43

I'm amazed at the naivety of so many people on this site. The reason the club want the full allocation dished out to STH's and members is because they have your details and pictures on their files. Then if it all kicks off for any reason they can let the old bill know where everyone lives because they can trace the tickets!

The last thing the club want is loads of tickets on general sale.

• March 19, 2013 at 13:13

Iam a lifelong Millwall supporter and virtually all those years a season ticket holder, and I personally don't agree with me being able to buy 3 tickets. I think I should get guaranteed 1st chance to buy my 1 ticket. There are people who have travelled all over the country this season (myself included) to support the team, who won't be going to wembley because someone else (who is a season ticket holders mate, brother, cousin etc) will be in that seat....that is WRONG. Iam a firm believer in those who go to all the games, including away to poxy 's***-heap united' on a tuesday night in january in the snow, when we were 20th, should get a pat on the back and a wembley ticket opportunity. It stinks. Some clubs used to run a coupon system, as some have mentioned, where you get rewarded PROPERLY for your loyalty, with coupons/vouchers for attending away games too. Those people are the real fans, and should be first to wembley!

• March 19, 2013 at 13:13

Sod off with all this reward the fans that go week in week out nonsense. Some people cant go week in week out due to other commitments like work etc. If you buy one season ticket then you should be able to buy one ticket for wembley not three. No doubt most ST holders will be buying a ticket for a non season ticket holder so that detroys the reward season ticket holders argument straight away. Too many REAL WALL nonsense comments being posted on places like twitter ever since we made the semi final. (bang goes my follower numbers)
    Being able to go week in week out doesnt make you any more a supporter than someone who cant.

• March 19, 2013 at 13:17

It doesn't make you more of a supporter, but it definitely gives you a greater entitlement to Wembley tickets.

• March 19, 2013 at 13:23

A wembley ticket

• March 19, 2013 at 13:17

How many Members have we got? Surely if, and chances are they wont, all ST Holders buy 3, thats 19,500 tickets sold leaving 12,000 tickets for Members.

I'm a ST Holder with my Dad and will be buying the six and giving the remaing four to my sister, granddad, cousin and friend who are all members anyway, getting the 6 now so that we're all together!

Don't see what the big fuss is about? Chances are, all members will end up with a ticket if they want one!

• March 19, 2013 at 13:21

I think that ALL season ticket holders will buy 3 tickets because of the problems in getting their friends, Auntie Joan and Grandma to Wembley otherwise, especially as they'll be aware, as we all are, that getting additional tickets is going to be like gold dust. Which of course means that members are ONLY going to get one ticket.

• March 19, 2013 at 13:26

• March 19, 2013 at 13:30

What makes me laugh is everyone is moaning about not getting a ticket, yet all those people at the start of the season where all "predicting" we're going down, either put up or shut up, no-one wanted to know at the beggining of the season but now we're on a cup run everyone wants to know, Ambler had done the best thing for the club, no idiots, no sky sports reporters.

• March 19, 2013 at 13:43

@AlexAldridge. Trouble is Alex, you could argue that going to every single game, home and away does make you more of a supporter. That's the point isn't it? The difference between a 'fan' and a 'supporter'. I don't want to start a row on here or get shot down in flames, but those who go to every game are 'supporting' the team and the club, financially and vocally. My old dad is millwall thru and thru, but hasn't been for 20 years. By his own admission he is not a 'supporter' any more, but a fan...ie his favourite club is Millwall, but he doesn't support the club or the team any more. All I was saying is that I realise that not everyone can go to every game, nor maybe do they want to, I just feel that those who DO, should be rewarded with first opportunity to bigger stuff, like wembley tickets, that's all....just my opinion, not everyones.

• March 19, 2013 at 13:47

I've been a season ticket holder for several seasons now. My job takes me away a lot - I generally miss around 8 home games a season. But you know what? I still think it worth it. I have the same seat next to my mates, u know if I'm skint I can still go down the den. Our STs are dirt cheap. I'll be using my 3 tickets for me, my dad, who doesn't go regularly any more but has been supporting the Lions since the 30s and my daughter who is an irregular fan. TBH I'm a bit peeved I can't more tickets but I understand that's because of the small allocation. I don't care people who just turn up for Leeds don't get a ticket. I missed leeds and charlton at home this year, leeds, palace and charlton away, but i was there for peterboro, preston, bristol city, barnsley etc etc. you see, i dont give a f*** who were playing, i go to support millwall! Our
    crowds are a disgrace. Buy a season ticket and support the club!

• March 19, 2013 at 14:00

Just had a thought,
    Bottlegate!!!!!
    No news from the fa as yet, some very bad refereeing since then against us, and maybe this is a reminder to all those that want to throw bottles or pies or coins or racist abuse that if you continue then
    This is the fa and
    That's what they do.

• March 19, 2013 at 14:06

This club relies on more than the several thousand who are fortunate enough to be season-ticket holders. This is a big PR blunder for the loyalty of our Members. Yes, we’re assured a ticket each, but we have to wait for general sale to see where other family/friends can sit. Why not just allow an extra ticket for both Season Ticket holders and Members? What’s the point in p****** off so many members just so season ticket holders can have so many extra tickets?

It’s not as if we’ve got more fans than we know what to do with. Our attendances are seriously in decline and Ambler keeps alienating core support (with situations like his reaction to the Sordell incident and not selling tickets for the West Lower anymore). For me, this shows his contempt for general Millwall fans. He shows no understanding of the fanbase - all he cares about is money up front.

And for the self-righteous amongst us, it’s worth remembering that there’s many reasons why not everyone can be a season ticket holder.

• March 19, 2013 at 14:21

Marshlion- I agree with your comments completely. I was born in Peckham and a dedicated "supporter" from 1955 until 1980 when I moved to Hastings. I still used to make the journey to Home games until I retired in 2008.From 2008 until last year I still attended some Home games but now ill health has forced me to stop doing that.Nevertheless I still remain a lifelong Millwall "fan" and will do so until I kick the bucket. 3 tickets to Season Ticket Holders and 1 to Members or more if available seems a fair a way as any to me. The FA are the main culprits here in limitiing the allocation to the two clubs involved. Anyway lets be honest how big a crowd woud a game between Wigan generate if it wasn't a FA Cup Semi Final being played at Wembley?

• March 20, 2013 at 23:51

Can you imagine the attendance at Millwall v Wigan 3rd round of the cup at the den - 6 or 7k I reckon and the east stand would be shut. Oh yeah that's what happened for the Preston game and nobody batted an eye!

• March 19, 2013 at 14:56

Where are all these c**** that want to go every other saturday. Shame they don't rush to bring their mum's uncle's cousin's dog to the games that matter. Living out of London is a b******* excuse for not going. I do 180 mile round trip as a ST holder.

• March 19, 2013 at 15:04

As long as me and my lot are sorted I don't care who goes. Fact is though I don't remember this scramble for tickets for wolves, Barnsley, or in fact ANY game at home other than charlton this season. That in its self is what is b******* , don't know why some people care all of a sudden. Within 10 mins of final whistle vs Blackburn I had about 5 people I know who haven't been all season ring me up and ask me to get them a ticket, I told them what id tell any once a season merchant, go f*** yourself you don't deserve one.

• March 19, 2013 at 15:08

Spot on, I won't be helping once a season wonders either. my spare 2 are going to people who have been to games over the season. The club need to bring in a loyalty system that goes on home games attended. I would rather 12k real fans there than all these hangers on who don't even go.

• March 19, 2013 at 15:06

And while I'm at it. Come to a match when your team REALLY needs your support, like peterborough at home. Don't think your vocal support at wembley will help as atmosphere rarely has a say in the outcome of a game at wembley.

• March 19, 2013 at 15:20

How many of the current 6000 odd season ticket holders were at Hull the ONLY EVER time we were promoted to the English top division in our 128 year history? seeing as we only had 3-4000 there not that many eh? Well I was.

I had a season ticket for multiple seasons, I did more away games than many have accumulated home games. I am getting fed up with this "Fair Weather Fan" b*******!!!!

My Dad's plaque is on the West Stand wall, my left leg house's a large Millwall Lion, I was in a fatal car accident with 15-20 Millwall pals coming back from the 2-2 away draw against Norwich in 1987/88!
    I am only a member nowadays and i have been to a very poor total of games in the last 2 seasons due to geographical reasons as well as work and family commitments.

So for some self righteous bits of afterbirth to pipe up on here questioning other peoples commitment or credentials as Millwall fans is a travesty because they happen to be in possession of a ST at this time. I bet many never even saw THE DEN!!!! F*** right off.

The fairest way would have been an award system (ie: Tokens in programmes perhaps?)
    As it stands I cant think what else Millwall could do tbh, I totally agree that ST holders deserve priority this is not my problem with some posts....... its the slagging off of fans who have been through many years of hardship and spent fortunes in the process by faceless posters who would NEVER dare say it to the faces of the people they s*** off!!!!

• March 19, 2013 at 15:33

Tokens in programmes wouldn't work as you can buy programmes without actually having to watch a game.

• March 19, 2013 at 15:48

Here here johnny, but most of em with the cheap shots are kids who still p*** the bed at night mate don't hold your breath for a decent post off em you won't get one. They're piping up cause we're at wembley again. As I said above I've served my time and cause in wall I will be at wembley.

• March 19, 2013 at 15:50

Agree 100% jonnybanks,people have short memories. People are very quick to live off the reputation our fans made in the 70s,80s and maybe 90s but they begrudge those same old wall boys getting a ticket for Wembley

• March 19, 2013 at 17:30

Best post of the day Jonny. No resentment here re season ticket holders or members getting priority, plenty of resentment for the FA and their blind corporate greed. As I said in an earlier post watching a two thirds full Wembley on the TV is going to be bloody frustrating. I live abroad, I am still proud to be a Millwall SUPPORTER and I would love to be flying home to go to Wembley to see the match but wrong time, wrong place I suppose, other priorities these days. But, for all you morons throwing out your insults to us former season ticket holders, just think where would this club be without those of us who were there in the dark days at the old Den when our average crowd was fk all and without those of us who traveled to every s*** ground up and down the country on cold, dirty trains and old coaches. If we do get to the final, the likelihood is that there will be even fewer tickets available, so I expect that we will be hearing the same ol' s**** all over again. Enjoy the day out everybody and COYL!

• March 19, 2013 at 15:39

Good point, perhaps with the fact that all the Season tickets and Memberships are now electronic, it in theory should be easy to tot up who has been to how many games.

Its a tough one!

• March 19, 2013 at 16:45

I don't think it matters how long or , how many away games you've supported Millwall through. I'm a season ticket holder and feel the club is doing something to reward my loyalty THIS season. The majority of people moaning about ticket allocation are those in fear of missing out. Remembering the 1987/88 squad , travelling to 2 playoff finals and turning up for the Leeds game gives you no say at all. If I choose not to renew my season ticket , then , I'm yesterday's supporter too. We need fans week in week out. It's put up or shut I'm afraid.

• March 19, 2013 at 17:15

I personally agree with the ticketing policy for this as i can not see another way around it. Slagging people off for not going as much or holding a ST is another matter and is quite blatantly C****** imo.

Two different arguments here and both very different!!!!

• March 19, 2013 at 17:15

Membership costs £16 I think, I have aST but bought my wife memebership at the beginning of the season as I know the club could do with the cash and we can use it in the event we reahed a Wembley game.... funny how we just expect that now!!!! I do agree that three tickets for STholders is a bit much, I would have been happy with two BUT why don't occassional fans also buy membership at the beginning of the season anyway, the club could do with the cash and they won't find them selves missing out if we do have a successful cup run? Ultimatly the club benefits even if we don't make it to Wembley/Cardiff/Old Trafford, etc....

• March 19, 2013 at 17:42

Take your point Glyngo and hindsight is wonderful but we took 45k to Wembley for the Auto Windscreens in 99. If all of those were members or season ticket holders now there'd still be a lot of people missing out. As JonnyBanks says, there are two very different threads here but at the end of the day the problem with the tickets is down to F.A. corporate greed and not Andy Ambler, the club, past or present season ticket holders e.t.c.

If you do a search for tickets on Google you can already order them at well above face value, how can that be right?

• March 19, 2013 at 17:43

Where where you all this season

• March 19, 2013 at 17:49

Jonny Banks, you're not still driving that dodgy yellow car that you used to have when we played
    football for thurlow lodge are you lol. I remember that accident back in 88/89 as my mates brother was involved in it!!!!

• March 19, 2013 at 19:18

I was talking about vic, but i only really new dave as we played in the same football team and we found out about the crash on the sunday when dave turned up for football!! It was then a strange coincidence that i then ended up playing football with vic as well. I loved the banter that you and vic had in the changing room and also as we started to get changed someone would ask "how many are we going to lose by today". Slowest player, i'm sure i moved a bit quicker than jonny baker!!

• March 19, 2013 at 20:22

That's a fair point about old Baker.

Good luck with getting tickets. Hopefully there will be enough to go around.

What I will say about people coming out of the woodwork is that I have a list for 19 tickets at the moment, some get to games when they can, one or two go most weeks but 60-70% of them last went v Swindon at Wembley...... Sort of justifies the logic behind the ticket plan.

• March 19, 2013 at 18:14

FA never loved us, remember when they gave Man Utd more tickets than us because..... There was no f****** reason come to think of it, they just did it!

• March 19, 2013 at 18:17

Lukesmithmfc your a complete t*****, don't s*** me off about u c***, I never said anything about chris wood joining lcfc for the money, he went there cos they get big crowds, with people who go against s*** teams and good teams! I bet u were at the big games this season but did u go against Peterborough and Barnsley?? When u get yourself a season ticket then I will respect your opinion! P****

• March 19, 2013 at 19:06

I didn't realise that the season ticket came with a right to an opinion as well. Does that cost extra?

• March 19, 2013 at 23:40

You ignorent little mug.
      Regardless of what you said or didn't, what the f*** has chris wood got to do with wembley tickets.
      As for calling people without season tickets p*****, does that include the two people your giving your tickets to ? I didn't think so. I've missed more big games this season than I have for a very long time, and while you was tucked up in bed I was on the only coach we took to boro. But I've probably been more grounds than you'll ever be, some aren't even here anymore. The thing I'm p***** about is, what did you say ? "Slagging me off about", great grammar I must add, isnt calling people you don't know p***** the same said thing ? T***** and c***, I'll take that, but you obviously have a horizontal c*** on the front of your face where most have a mouth. I'm going to wembley but I'm not taking the p*** out of people who won't be able to, why ? Because like you and me, they're millwall and I don't take the p*** out of my own.

• March 20, 2013 at 08:03

Luke, I love your posts!

• March 20, 2013 at 10:17

Cheers real.

• March 20, 2013 at 11:42

Well said, as usual, Luke. It's muppet central on here at the moment.

• March 19, 2013 at 18:22

Obviously the season ticket holders should get priority but three is too much. I think 2 is sufficient. I'm a member as I can't afford a season ticket (I'm a student). This year I've been to all home games barring two when I've been abroad. I've also been to 6 away games. I think it is diabolical how I'm not necessarily guaranteed a ticket yet thousands will go to people who haven't been to a game all year - they're just friends with season ticket holders. I think there should be some to go on general sale as those who desperately want to go will be willing to queue at 4 in the morning. Not well-thought out by Ambler IMO

• March 19, 2013 at 23:25

Good idea Harry and seems fare especially for students like yourselves.

• March 19, 2013 at 18:32

Chris: haha I am that Jon and I now longer drive the BananaMobil.

I seem to remember you were the slowest player on record. Good to hear from you mate.

Who did you know from our crash apart from little Victor Howard?

• March 19, 2013 at 18:35

Harryfabian, I bet as a student u are not learning cos if you've been to all but two home games this season it would of been much cheaper to buy a season ticket!!!!!

• March 19, 2013 at 19:35

Not when you don't have the money up front.

• March 19, 2013 at 20:16

Maybe he didn't have the money up front, not everyone has spare cash sitting around, just a thought.
      Before this thread started we were all united (no pun intended) as Millwall.
      But all of a sudden we are slagging each other off.
      Apparently we now have a tiered level of supporters where some are holier than thou (some ST holders) and the rest of us who are not worthy.
      Well if the unworthy stopped coming at all and it was left to just you superior ones then the average gate would be only about 6.5K then where would the club be?
      At the end of the day we are all Millwall and we love the club that is why there is so much emotion shown in the posts.
      Any other teams fans reading this thread will be p****** themselves seeing us turn on each other.
      So lets just forget who is ST, Member, Plastic and try to forget this bloody thread and get back to just being just Millwall fans. COYL.

• March 19, 2013 at 18:59

They should get 2 tickets and members get 2 but season ticket sells a few days before memberships. It ain't fair at all.

• March 19, 2013 at 19:12

The bottom line here is that we get an average home gate of 10,000. Our ticket allocation is just over 3 times that Therefore all STC Holders and Members who regularly support the club get at least one ticket each. One could argue that the other 21,500 are going some people who probably won't bother to attend another match irespective of whether they are STC Holders or Members friends or relatives.
    Surely the argument by all parties would be more valid if we had a higher support than 31,500 then regular supporters would be missing out on even 1 ticket!

• March 19, 2013 at 19:13

Good to see a little bit of success bringing out the best in us!!!!. I feel for all Millwall fans who can't go, for whatever reason. And as to what actually qualifies someone as a Millwall fan is not down to me to call. Everyone's circumstances are different. What I do know is the club have been given a finite amount of tickets and had to come up with some way of allocating them, that's not AA's fault. However they did it some people were going to be disappointed, but better to disappoint the ones who are not likely to come to the bread and butter matches next season? I suppose if the club think that the way to ensure the best way of increasing season ticket sales next year is to reward those already with season tickets and hope that some of their guests also decide to become season ticket holders, you can see the financial logic. I hope every genuine Millwall fan can get a ticket - bottle throwers and those who can't behave - f*** off. COYL

• March 19, 2013 at 19:28

dpendet some people dnt have the £'s to pull up front and live week to week, give Harry a break, if he gets his tickets with member discount he might come closer to ST cost!
    On the Semi ticket debate ST buyers are the lifeblood of every club, they enable the club to invest in players earlier because of cash in the bank so deserve priority.
    I for one am very frustrated with the dwindling gates & lack of atmos at home, but how do we get 6500 ST holders up to 10000 and above
    how about a standing order £110 a month from may to July, £27.50 per wk that breaks down the cost and also gives the club money in the coffers for the coming season!

• March 19, 2013 at 19:31

Lets be honest i don't know if there will ever be a system that suits everyone, somebody will have a problem no matter how it works. Does someone who has been to a load of games in the last two years deserve a ticket more than someone who spent years travelling up and down the country watching wall for 15-20 years but hasn't been able to go the last few years? who knows???
    I can see everyones point but whats the solution. Maybe the club should get there finger out and do more with local schools to start building up a new fan base instead of sitting around on their elbows!!

• March 19, 2013 at 19:35

jonnybanks, see my reply further up the page mate!!!

• March 19, 2013 at 19:50

I think peoples main problem is that you get someone who literay doesn't go all season but then soon as we get to wembley, all of a sudden they think they DESERVE a ticket. Why ? 100% percent season ticket holders should be allowed more tickets, we hardly get to a game like this so it's really a one off chance to reward season ticket holders for payin all that doe to watch s*** like wolves on a cold Tuesday night. Like I say I'll be there so I don't give a t*** as long as my lot are sweet. Fans who attend games have a right to want a ticket, fans who HAVE regularly attended games past or present deserve a ticket , not those who havent been since the last wembley trip for example, and there are many of those. We have floating fans, fair enough, and if they get a ticket, great well done I'll see you there. But if you have hardly ever been or just chose to do the big games then IMO you can do one because like I said I dont remember even 8,000 Millwall fans wanting tickets for quite a few matches this season. Now well have 30,000 at wembley. It's a joke

• March 19, 2013 at 19:55

just noticed there is already monthly payment plan in place, £320 over 4 months (interest free),
    Come on boys and girls what you waiting for sign up now and not only do we get the DEN rocking next season but you can get 3 tickets for the semi, win double...& HAPPY DAYS!!!

• March 19, 2013 at 20:06

No you can't mate they wont let you sign up so you can get 3 tickets you won't even officially be a season ticket holder till next season

• March 19, 2013 at 20:13

fair play fella, i stand corrected, they shld still get on board for next year, there is a bit of value at them prices and as an eternal MFC optimist next years gonna be the one 82!!

• March 19, 2013 at 21:17

Cheers lads, if you can just sort me out a frequent flyer deal with Ryanair and somewhere to stay every other weekend and midweek I'll be there. Oh and don't forget to square the trips off with my wife, kids and employer. LOL

• March 19, 2013 at 20:29

Also if too many tickets went on general sale there will be no way the club/police to control how many nut nuts roll up. All it takes is one or two doing something mental that will effect the club, and with a 17:15 kick off the chances of that happening is pretty high imo.

I can see sense in their plan.

• March 19, 2013 at 22:08

Sorry Jonny but that's a crock.
      Millwall vs Sunderland semi final had NO arrests or problems of any sort and that was in Manchester not London. There's always going to be an element, but, as recent history tells us, it isn't tolerated.
      Millwall vs Wigan is not a powderkeg.
      How many non Millwall supporters are going to be able to get a ticket ? Answer-ZERO.

• March 19, 2013 at 22:21

We did not sell our allocation against Sunderland. The demand was less due to date, location, etc etc.

It was an earlier K.O, that coupled with the journey time made it difficult to drink.

This is by all intents and purposes a local venue with over 6 hours of drinking time solid drinking time. Totally different imo and totally liable to kick off IF banned fans etc were to slip through the net. That's my point.

• March 21, 2013 at 00:07

Absolutely johnny. Nikola clearly didn't turn around and look up at the completely empty top tier.

• March 19, 2013 at 21:11

A thought occurs.
    If Man Utd. get to the final how do they allocate 31.5k tickets to an average attendence of 75k ?
    I'm very sure they have over 31.5k season ticket holders so how do they decide who gets a ticket?
    Based on previous season ticket renewals ?
    Does anyone know?

• March 19, 2013 at 21:19

25k each last year.

• March 19, 2013 at 21:49

Due to work commitments, and living outside of the UK I didn't get back onto season tickets until 4 years ago, so I appreciate that not all our most comitted fans can make every home game and not every fan that make the home games is our most committed. In truth, the club needs all fans, ST holders and those that turn up when they can. Let's not get all Tory about this and start judging on attendance, there are many good reasons why totally committed fans can't buy a ST and they should be valued just as much. It's the glory boys that need to look in the mirror, the ones that only are interested in big derby games, old rivals or Wembley games.....those are the people that really need to step up.

• March 19, 2013 at 22:06

or step down!!!! The truth of the matter is that we can't criticise the club for trying to increase our weekly turn out, when they are frequently criticised for not doing so. Non-Millwall supporters who fancy a day out and Millwall fans who, for whatever reason are unlikely to attend matches and whatever their past attendance, are not in all honesty going to be the club's priority. If the club came out tomorrow and said all those who bought season tickets for next season this week would get two tickets, there would be outcry, but financially it would make sense.

• March 19, 2013 at 21:57

The way I look at it we have enough ticket allocation for all ST holders and members to get tickets, even with the ST allowance. If everyone can get a ticket then this is a pointless argument. Clearly we all love the club, hence the passion you are all displaying on here.
    If he argument was because we didn't have enough to ensure we all go then fair play, but as long as all ST holders and members that want a ticket get a ticket I don't care who else does or does not.

• March 19, 2013 at 22:07

Frankly, I couldn't give a t*** about all this bo****ks regarding supporters' rights to a ticket. So what if they come to a semi or final or even come once in a blue moon. The fact that they want to come and support the team will always be fine with me. We all live by our means but supporting wall in any which way we can should be applauded not scorned upon.

• March 19, 2013 at 22:18

Agree.
      When we've got a staduim that holds more than 20,000 then we can complain.

• March 19, 2013 at 23:18

I'm a season ticket holder and will be buy 2 members a ticket each to ensure they make the semi final and we sit together, have we turned in to sniverpool!! That then free's up two more tickets for the rest of you, buy the way I miss virtually all midweek games due to working.....bored with the same sob stories, jog on to palace!

• March 19, 2013 at 23:58

STH get priority anyway,members have to sit around for a few days to see if they can scramble what's left, so my argument is why 3 tickets when surely just having first refusal of 1 ticket should be enough, then member( which is a joke) by the way, no wonder we get sh1t gates ,then let the woodwork supporters have what's left

• March 20, 2013 at 00:08

This thread is quality, can easily tell the people that go and the people that dont just by the comments. Maybe this situation will teach some of you loyal one game a season people to maybe buy a membership, or I don't no , Maybe do something crazy , like attend a match other than a big game! All you big game Charlie's are a bunch of glory hunting C**** nothing more nothing less. If people want to get into stories with me about how many games you went to 20 years ago then I'll have it out with anyone, I went 4 seasons where I missed only 2 matches in that whole time, I've missed 3 games all of this season so I think personally I do have more of a right to a ticket than about 6 or 7 thousand of the people that will be at wembley "supporting" us. Jog on

• March 20, 2013 at 00:52

82 it's got to be quality if its got your back up, I've never seen you like this mate. Lol
    It's the best post I've seen on here, can't believe I bit the bait, up the top of the page. But I couldn't careless I'm going end of, I've never claimed that I go week in week out but I get to half if not more home games the last couple yrs and about 5 or 6 away, couple yrs back I lost interest in football altogether playing and watching, before that I was going every week home and away, next season ill have a season ticket for me and my boy. like you I have f*** all to prove but unlike some I ain't on here claiming to be more millwall than most, all I know is we're all millwall and should stop mugging each other off. To many people move away from the point of the post because of a muggy comment someone makes. Hats off though dpendet that was a clever move you made me bite and caused a stir in the process.

• March 20, 2013 at 01:21

Fair play luke normally tell it how it is pal, it's exactly what you said, who cares , I'll be there, the people that really need to be there will be Aswell. Never missed an important game yet.

• March 20, 2013 at 07:41

So basically Ambler, what you are saying is that if I don't spend £300+ on a season ticket and live on the doorstep of the Den, i ain't garenteed a ticket! Absolute f****** clown shoes! I live in Northamptonshire and have been a member for years to garentee I can go to away games as well as getting to the Den at least five times this season. I buy my membership to go to the likes of Leicester, Derby, Forest, Peterborough, Birmingham City and Wolves, all of which I have been to this year or plan on going and to be fair by the end of the season have probably spent in excess of £300 getting to these fixtures but just because I haven't got a season ticket and been to every home game, the club is penalising me. If he wants people down the Den next season he's going the wrong way about it. When marketing the mebership, it states that you will have ticket priority to big games! You might want to review that for next season if members don't get tickets to the biggest game this year!

• March 20, 2013 at 08:11

Lukesmithmfc, just for the record I won't be taking up the offer of two extra tickets for Wembley(I never said I was) as I will be going with my son, brother, nephew and three mates we are all season ticket holders. Not sure if my group is taking up the offer of two extra tickets, but I'm not freeing up 4 tickets for members and chances if u include my ST and my sons. Good for u going to all these wonderful grounds , buft u need to calm down and stop acting like a diva!!!!!!!!!

• March 20, 2013 at 10:06

Haha, I take it on the chin. I, like you, knew the minute this was announced it would cause uproar amongst non season ticket holders. I'm fully behind giving rewards to those who have paid for this season, you included, as I said above and many times, I never understand the need to start calling people p***** and c**** and what not, just cause you have a season ticket.
      You definitely got me biting lol, and maybe I was a bit if a diva, but the one thing I can promise is that I would gladly bite again. You deserve your wembley ticket cause you have a season ticket "THIS SEASON" not because you had one in the old first division or 99 or 2004. We're all wall lets stop mugging each other off and enjoy the occasion. Cheers Dpendet Ive enjoyed it. Lol.

• March 20, 2013 at 08:32

I have nothing else to say that hasn't already been covered already.
    I just wanted to post the 100th post to say I will be at wembley watching the team I love battling for a chance to get into the FA cup final, regardless of the result I will enjoy my day with fellow millwall supporters and hope you are all there #coyl

• March 20, 2013 at 10:17

Lukesmithmfc you are a top man! Enjoy the 13th April! COYL

• March 20, 2013 at 11:14

I don't know what the fuss is about, with only 31500 allocation some of the day trippers were always gonna miss out, I'm not a ST holder this year because I couldn't get to every game so it didn't make sense, I'm a member and I go to all the games I can manage and I've been to all the home cup ties this season. My point is that I will get a ticket and I will sit where the f*** I want to at Wembley just like at any other game and I'm buzzing to be able to be at Wembley supporting our boys. Surely as long as the regulars get a ticket, we make Wembley noisy and f****** intimidating for Wigan and give ourselves a shot at the final then nothing else matters, stop f****** digging each other out and get behind your team....... NO ONE LIKES US WE DON'T CARE....

• March 20, 2013 at 13:19

Great post everyone, one thing that's come out of it is that we're all Wall and we're all PASSIONATE about our club and its issues. I hope that never changes. Here's to stuffing Wigan, then whoever wants some of us in the final. COME ON YOU LIONS, make us all proud.

• March 20, 2013 at 14:00

All this hassle for the Semi final, me as a member might as well forget the Final if Ambler continues with this p*** poor ticketing policy.

Dont forget Ambler you need us, the good and the bad we are all WALL.

Cant see why we could not follow the arrangements we had for the play off finals, 1 each per ST then 1 each per member, then any tickets remaining the ST'S had first go to purchase more then the Members, very fair and everyone got a ticket.

I like to know who the other 27,000 are, be honest if these corporates are given a choice wall v wigan or man city chelski where would they go, i bet there seats remain empty which would make my blood boil.

COME ON WALL

• March 20, 2013 at 14:09

Another thing, the FA saying they cant allocate us more tickets due to segregation reasons.

Well FA move some of the 27,000 corporates of which half wont turn up in to the Wigan side of Wembley to make it look like they have fans and give us the 10,000 or so they are likely to return.

If Jack Smith had made that challenge Mcmananam made i bet the FA would have banned him but Mcmanaman is a Premier league player and they dont want him to miss a semi final against a championship side, as we all know who the FA want to win our Semi.

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

• March 20, 2013 at 23:46

How is it there is a 90k capacity at wembley. And we've only been offered 30k?

• March 21, 2013 at 08:32

There are 27,000 corporate and club wembley seats, but most of these won't turn up for Millwall v Wigan. The fa won't do anything about this because wigan won't want extra tickets, and the fa won't want Millwall to have extra. The only way to get these tickets are through ticket websites which are currently selling these for around £175+.

• March 21, 2013 at 08:40

www.1st4footballtickets.com already advertising semi final tickets,F****** JOKE

• March 21, 2013 at 10:50

Only thing to do is ask in the season tkt queue if they are only getting 1 or 2, give them your dosh & get them to get you your tkt or tkts, i`m sure a lot of season tkt holders won`t be getting their max of 3.

• March 22, 2013 at 19:07

I don't think that anyone would disagree that STH should be given definitive buying priority however, giving them the opportunity to purchase 3 tickets per STH is outrageous, how about the amount of Junior STH who's ticket cost is a derisory amount in relation to the cost of an Adult Members single match day ticket, will these Junior STH also be allowed to purchase 3 tickets?
    In my opinion, and thats all it is, the allocation should be 2 tickets per STH, thereby ensuring that all Members will comfortably obtain tickets for the day, then any remainder should go on open sale.
    Sadly I think Mr Ambler has shown nothing but utter disregard and contempt to all MFC Member card holders in the way he has addressed this, especially by adding that a ticket is " not guaranteed" Unfortunately there is little anyone can do when these situations are dealt with so egregiously.

• March 23, 2013 at 17:17

I really think everyone should stop having a go at the clubs ticketing policy. I have today purchased online 24 tickets. However that was on two computers with two different transactions. That included 14 STH and 4 members 6 others. There will be plenty of tickets left come Friday. Ok so you may say that's easy for me to say as I have my tickets, but most of us committed to the cause way back in march 2012. That's not to say that members should not have a preferential buying period either. But if these tickets go on general sale the club will have no control over where the tickets end up either. With regards to the corporate tickets and the agencies that are selling them, the simple answer I'd not to buy from them unless its s last resort. Oh and also juniors who are Sth were able to purchase their full entitlement. The club need to have some control over where these tickets are ending up otherwise another Luton/Birmingham etc could occur. If and it's s big if, we beat Wigan, the allocation will be a lot less and the club im sure will limit STH to two at most and members will be guaranteed at least one.
      Suppose the answer is that even if you can't afford a st then at least buy a membership every season and you won't be disappointed.
      Can I also add that using the online system I managed to do all the booking very easily within 10 minutes of logging on. Better than queuing down the den for six hours, as previously done, several times. A very successful way if purchasing tickets indeed and I would recommend to anyone who still needs to purchase come Friday.

• March 24, 2013 at 08:47

Don't agree, I will not be renuing my membership, it's a farce, why should I? It does not guarantee me fu-k. All. I work most Sats so for me to get a ST is a waste of money, lets see how many turn up for Ipswich, I bet it won't be the 13500 who greedily snapped up the that amount yesterday at the club shop in a few hours, it's a f****** joke. I bet mum, gran, long lost cousin won't be there supporting the team who need a few more wins. I bet they will be in the best seats at wembley with millwall hats and scarfs etc why don't them same people come week in week out. So touts will have a field day. Wtf did Ambler just keep it to 1 or 2 tickets to STH and Members, If we want people to come to the Den have they got. To become a STh or Member? We moan and groan about our gates! Well to all those who got their 3 tickets yesterday why don't you mention to your long lost relatives/friends etc to maybe come down the Den next season and maybe we will perhaps afford better players and maybe we will get to Wembley more often and even get to the Premier League instead of being fu-king glory hunters

• March 24, 2013 at 09:32

Del Boy

I understand the frustration but there will be plenty left and as I figure not every STH will have used the option of buying all three if their allocation. The maximum they can sell before Friday is 18-20k leaving 13000 for the members who rightly so get priority over general sale.
    The thing I really disagree with is how the club cash in on one trip to wembley. That's because they left application for membership open right until last week. Therefore the hangers on etc were able to buy membership on the guarantee that they would be able to get a ticket for wembley. That little loophole should have been closed weeks before the quarters.
    Good luck with getting a ticket, but I'm sure you will be there roaring the lions on.

• March 24, 2013 at 10:41

Would not bet loads on me being there Bonnie, I am so f***** of with ambler and his policies and the fact that so many non millwall fans will be in there prime seats ahead of me and many other hardcore lions fans tat it really has stuck in my throat, Watching it on ESPN is looking more likely. Fan since 78 and I have to around to let non fans have tree day out nah that ain't for me. F*** em but I will be at He Den on 1st April watching with the other 8-10k fans. The more I think about it the less I am wanting to go

• March 24, 2013 at 10:42

iPad s*** lol

• March 24, 2013 at 12:09

I don't blame the STH for buying their full allocation, I would do the same in their position, and who they give their spare tickets to is up to them, what annoys me is that I go with 2 STH who have promised their spare tickets to others so I will have to get a ticket on my Membership card and sit God knows where, but not with them, my question is this. Why could my pal not have purchased an additional ticket for me by giving my Membership number, thereby ensuring that we all sit together?
    In reality it has not been thought out, unfortunately it seems that there is nobody who can plan a fair strategy for issuing the tickets, in short it is farcical.

• March 24, 2013 at 12:40

Den Man thank you, they are a bunch of dicks who run our ticket office, I and my wife have always sat in west lower block 30, now we can't, my wife has been with me every game I have gone too, yet she who is not a member can't get a ticket, although we could probably get 1 from a STH who probably will sit the other side of the stadium to where I would be, also who will get these tickets from STH? Some who have bee banned from matches? Some hooligans? So Ambler and his dickheads associates have created a mess instead of being fair to decent Wall fans who have sat in the freezing cold for many years with 3 k gates yet I have to f****** wait just to get my 1 ticket and my wife can't go yet STh can have a family day out with NON Wall fans, it is a joke. so if a NON member or a banned hooligan wants a ticket I may have mine for sale for ya

• March 25, 2013 at 00:05

I wonder if the club read the comments on here. If not, someone should email Ambler a link to show how a lot of members feel. This club's fan-base is seriously struggling and this is another PR disaster.

Getting to Wembley/Cardiff in the past has shown it doesn't help our league gates in the slightest - if anything they seem to fall before and after. Ambler and Co might have a warm glow when they see the season ticket holders and their 12-13000 friends in the best seats at Wembley, but reality will strike when hundreds of members don't renew next year.

• March 25, 2013 at 20:43

So where does all this leave someone like me. A scottish wall fan who only comes to 1 home game every season, normally on me b'day. Have done for 10 years now, what on earth are my chances of a ticket??? Some good posts on here, what are the chance of a general sale?

• March 25, 2013 at 20:44

So where does all this leave someone like me. A scottish wall fan who only comes to 1 home game every season, normally on me b'day. Have done for 10 years now, what on earth are my chances of a ticket?Some good posts on here, what are the chance of a general sale?

• March 25, 2013 at 21:22

Lucky smart that is exactly what I am talking about, I get to 15 to 20 games a season if. I am lucky, so does my wife, funny thing is I purchased my 2 tickets for Ipswich and then scrolled down my history for games/tickets purchased etc, so if its that easy for me to see then surely the Ticket office staff can see that my regular purchases are for 2 tickets, me and my wife, wonder how many tickets most STH get per game? AMbler has no idea as to how to run the ticketing, I mean he only got us 2500 for Palace for Christ sake, he will say its policing blah blah, but surely Millwall can ask for more. AS I said I will not revue my membership next year, I get a season ticket , so millwall will have my money banked whether I go or not, ha like f*** they will, I will calla mate who will get me in, which is not how I want to but feel I have too because of the sh1t membership scheme

• March 25, 2013 at 21:29

It don't matter if your there or not you should be cheering your team from the pubs and sofas, I am a season ticket holder and have missed one competitive game this season which was Leeds due to illness so I think season ticket holders should get the main focus, and to all the members who come to as many home and away as they should be allowed two tickets each but it's the card we've been dealt with with only 31,500 tickets. I've got three tickets and two of them are gonna be for close mates who's don't have Millwall as there first team, but they have come to every fa cup, carling cup and when was in the Johnstone paint trophy for the last four years does this mean they can't come? Surely they deserve them

• March 26, 2013 at 22:42

Man united are saying if they reach the semi final they will have an allocation of 31,863 which is the same as wigan so I take it they'll be in the east , man city have got an allocation of 31,985 should Mr Ambler be asking the fa which ticket tout site they have given the missing 471 tickets have gone to.

• March 27, 2013 at 13:40

The club staff have an allocation of tickets as well from kit man to groundsman, from ticket office to the guys publishing the articles on this site, that'll make up the difference in ticket numbers.

• Pingback: flickr