Report: Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Millwall

MILLWALL booked an FA Cup semi-final date with Wigan Athletic at Wembley thanks to Danny Shittu's first-half header at Ewood Park.

Shittu powered home Chris Taylor's corner to settle a tense quarter-final replay and seal the Lions' third trip to the national stadium in just four years.

Kenny Jackett named an unchanged starting line up from the goalless draw at The Den on Sunday, although striker Nathan Tyson returned to the substitutes' bench at the expense of Liam Feeney.

Blackburn were forced to make two changes to their side as David Dunn and Martin Olsson came in for David Bentley (knee) and Adam Henley (hamstring) respectively.

Leon Best, making only his second start of the campaign, had the first chance of the evening, drilling low and hard towards goal from the edge of the area but David Forde made a comfortable save.

Millwall launched their first meaningful attack in the eighth minute when Andy Keogh's through ball sent Alan Dunne away down the right wing, but his cross was headed clear for a throw in.

Rob Hulse put the ball in the back of the net after being pulled up for offside in the 13th minute, but replays showed that the QPR loanee had been wrongly penalised by the linesman.

At the other end, Jordan Rhodes blazed over from distance before Best's snap-shot was deflected behind for a corner, from which David Dunn curled narrowly wide.

The Lions then had appeals for a penalty waived away by Premier League referee Mark Clatteburg after Dany N'Guessan's shirt appeared to be tugged by Jason Lowe inside the box.

Taylor saw two carbon-copy efforts from 20-yards out sail wide in the 24th and 29th minute and then, after a handball shout in the 41st minute, the winger's shot was deflected behind.

But Millwall took the lead from the resulting corner when Shittu escaped his marker and powered a downward header into the bottom corner to send the travelling faithful ballistic.

The start of the second period was a cagey affair with little goalmouth action and the home fans inside Ewood Park grew increasingly restless as their side struggled to make simple passes.

There was not an opportunity of note after the break until the 64th minute when Best got goal-side of the defence, drilled a low shot beyond Forde only to see Shane Lowry clear the ball off the line.

Rhodes hammered a shot high and wide before Jackett introduced Jimmy Abdou from the bench at the expense of N'Guessan in a bid to shore up his midfield.

Abdou's introduction had the desired effect as Millwall began to retain possession for long spells. Taylor attempted to score a spectacular second in the 80th minute, but skewed an effort wide.

Blackburn had a flurry of late half-chances but neither Best nor substitute Nuno Gomes could test Forde with efforts from the edge of the area and the Lions held on, despite a late miss by Taylor.

61 thoughts on “Report: Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Millwall

• March 13, 2013 at 21:32

Wemberly, Wemberly, we're the famous Millwall .....

• March 13, 2013 at 21:34

Amazing boys, did the job that needed doin, danny shittu is a f***** LEGEND, more then capable of beating wigan,when we play well,and a good day out at wembley 🙂 🙂

• March 13, 2013 at 21:38

Danny Shittu is an asbsolute machine! Wins EVERYTHING in the air!

Come on boys! The final beckons!!!!

• March 13, 2013 at 21:43

Well done lads, now lets do wigan, we owe them one!

• March 13, 2013 at 21:43

YES YES YES AAND YES WATCH OUT WIGAN ITS PY BACK TIME.....;) COYL...

• March 13, 2013 at 21:43

YES! YES! YES!
    Get in there.
    Shittu, I love you. You are a legend.
    How can anyone support any other team except Millwall? ;0)

• March 13, 2013 at 21:49

can we have 80,000 Millwall and 10,000 Wigan cause thats all they took last time!

• March 13, 2013 at 21:51

good job there lads!! p***** off a few knobbers on ESPN you could almost feel their grief!!! Big club my a***!! FA cup q/f attendance 8635!!!!!!

• March 13, 2013 at 21:59

COYL, you have to beat Wigan. I'm gutted because I'm on holiday and you have to beat Wigan so I can go to the final against Man Utd. Well played.

• March 13, 2013 at 22:06

Wember...ley wember...ley we're the famous millwall and we're going to wember...ley
    Get in there, the shitt is a beast. COYL
    Ca sera sera, hahahahahahahahahahahahahshahahahaha
    Av that you filthy northern p*****, and for all you who go on about the fans not turning up rewind your tapes and av a look at that stadium tonight. Easiest £700 grand we've earnt this season. Can I just say,and I quote,
    Take a bow Alan Dunne, fair play mate, credit where credit's due.

• March 13, 2013 at 22:08

Is it on the Saturday or Sunday anyone know for sure?

• March 13, 2013 at 22:09

Adsy, where are sunshine, haha fcuking top drawer pal.

• March 13, 2013 at 22:09

Grreat stuff lads! N big up all the wall fans at ewood you sounded top draw,anyone would of thought we were at home! They deserved f all over two games...did rhodes play tonite?? Il be at wembely goin mental we owe them wigan melts! Walllllllll!!!

• March 13, 2013 at 22:10

YESss!!!

Very nice report I must say mr Aldo.

• March 13, 2013 at 22:18

Oi borders, can I have my sharps back now pls. Lol

• March 13, 2013 at 22:21

For tonight, all sins forgiven.
    Join me in a few beers and listen to this. It sends shivers down my spine.

• March 13, 2013 at 23:39

Where's your homework NICKOLA??? LOL

• March 13, 2013 at 22:24

THATS WHAT WE DO

• March 13, 2013 at 22:39

Magnificent result but most of all an immense sense of pride listening to the supporters that sang their way through the game and sang us all the way to Wembley. Legends one and all.

• March 13, 2013 at 22:44

Great result Captain Marvel does it again.
    Up yours Appleton.
    Lets carry this over to Saturday and take the points at the Valley.
    Well done everyone.
    Lowry you must be knackered 2 full games in a row, lol.

• March 13, 2013 at 22:46

Fantastic result brings tears to yours eyes, but I'm afraid the same problems are still there. We have not got a forward who can score a goal. We should have won that 4-0 they were absolute rubbish and we are still in the same situation that we were 2 months ago we are not good enough up front.

• March 13, 2013 at 23:40

Relish the victory Sups, we can worry about our inadequacies in front of goal later!! COYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• March 13, 2013 at 22:50

Don't wanna ruin the mood, but I agree with sups. Hulse and N'Guessan tonight were nothing short of dire. We NEED to get another striker on loan. I also don't get the point as to why we signed Tyson. He can't get a look in at all and he is just wasted money sitting on the bench.

• March 13, 2013 at 22:51

Away in the states, but just found out the score.......UNBERFUCKINGLIEVEABLE!!! Get in. No soccer shown in this shitarse country but I'm jumping around like a maniac. 40 years of supporting this club and they still surprise me. I f****** love them. Real football club. Real fans. See you at wemberleeeee boys, we owe them northern monkeys for 99!!! KJ all is forgiven, semi final and mid table mediocrity..... All day long.
    Everybody knows us we're called Mill......

• March 13, 2013 at 22:52

Well, you're right. I've been saying it for weeks. But....Tonight is another reality.
    So, let's enjoy it.
    Charlton and the result can wait.......at least until Saturday.

• March 13, 2013 at 22:58

And do you really expect them to put in a shift between n

• March 13, 2013 at 23:00

And do you really expect them to put in a shift at charlton? They will all be protecting their place and legs for the semis at wembley right up until the day.
      If history repeats itself it will be league one next season!!

Sorry to spoil the party!

• March 13, 2013 at 23:02

Luke, You asked me what they have to do to get your son and you there next season.
    Take him to Wembley. It will forever stay with him.

• March 13, 2013 at 23:15

Nickola
      You lucky sod, I'll give you that one, weren't the answer I was expecting and a little late, but, given the circumstances, great answer.

• March 13, 2013 at 23:04

Can all the grumps go to bed and leave the rest of us to enjoy a magnificent win? Well done Lions, well done KJ. End of.

• March 13, 2013 at 23:12

Mum said I could stay up late though! Lol

• March 13, 2013 at 23:41

Well said cobber!!

• March 13, 2013 at 23:29

Smithy, I've been out celebrating - told you, start with the same eleven, nick a goal, bring Jimmy on and see out the match!!! - Bonnie - 1 match from the FA Cup final and 1 match from Europe - 2
    wins to stay in the championship - I'd of taken that all day long at the start of the season!!!! Cheer up you miserable b****** or I'll tell your mum!!!! After all the negativity on here lately, questioning KJ, JB and AA, slagging off the players, this is what supporting Millwall is all about, like Norman Stanley Fletcher says 'little victories'. We can all go in in the morning and give it to the Gunners fan's. F***** brilliant! We're proud of you, we're proud of you........ Danny Shittu for Pope anyone???

• March 13, 2013 at 23:36

Adsy - believe me when I tell you that this is me HAPPY. I am of a very cheery disposition. And I now have another day out to boot.

• March 14, 2013 at 00:28

Good boy!!!!
      Fcuking still can't believe it
      I can't wait for Charlton on Saturday
      We'll be singing wember...ley all game
      And p****** the wallys off even more.

• March 13, 2013 at 23:46

Only coz your mum let you stay up late - If I see you at Wembley mate, I'll happily buy you a pint!!!!! Come on you Lions!!!!!!!!

• Pingback: News at Den | Millwall boss eyes Wembley glory after defeating Blackburn

• March 13, 2013 at 23:55

luke, nice one, yes you can have yer sharps back but if you start worrying about wigan your gonna have to hand em back over. ha ha ha good crack mate

• March 14, 2013 at 00:00

did anyone see the news, police are looking for jordan rhodes, he went missing sunday lunchtime and has not been seen since

• March 14, 2013 at 00:03

its o k, police have found rhodes, apparantly he was in shittu's pocket

• March 14, 2013 at 00:22

Yeah,haha. good stuff borders and believe you me, I have absolutely no worries what so ever about Wigan.
      I promise you mate we'll do em, no question, It's meant to be mate

• March 14, 2013 at 00:20

WHERE ARE THE JACKETT OUT BRIGADE? Probably singing his name the bunch of c****

• March 14, 2013 at 00:36

dead right 82, exactly what i was thinking, he changed the formation and the players on sunday and out manouvered blackburn , then said i'll have to change it for wednesday knowing the blackburn management team would be aware of it, but then he keeps it the same and outwits them again. as i'v said on here many times a really excellent manager , we are very lucky to have him. well done for what you said 82wall, i see your on first names with the jacket out brigade then

• March 14, 2013 at 00:43

luke, just had a horrible thought, since i confiscated your razors you'v not developed one of them poxy bin ladan beards like trotter have ya

• March 14, 2013 at 00:51

Haha, your sick borders, no beard but you might need to confiscate my shoes,
      Lol

• March 14, 2013 at 00:46

One kenny jackett there's only one kenny jackett. 82 and borders to be honest who cares where they are tonight it's our night boys, I want them to come out when we stay up and put their hands up and admit they got it wrong.

• March 14, 2013 at 00:58

They won't though luke. I'm in a car now bored shitless and so proud of the team and it was well worth the s*** journey. But most of the p***** who will still be saying jackett out in 2 weeks when we lose again, you can guarentee they'll be singing his name at wembley vs Wigan. Just makes me p***** off when you get teenagers or even grown men commenting on things they clearly haven't got a f****** clue about. Aldo has set up a great site in news at den. But he has also opend the door to loads of plebs and serio

• March 14, 2013 at 01:03

Seriously thick c**** who comment on us and the articles and just talk absoloute b*******. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it's just clear that some people don't have the brain to comment. The win tonight Was for the fans who have stuck by the players and management through thick and thin. NOT FOR YOU P***** OUT THERE WHO ARE CALLING FOR JACKETTS HEAD AFTER EVERY DEFEAT. Or for the mugs who s*** off our players week in week out without being there at the games to see it, THEY WILL ALL WANT A TICKET FOR WEMBLEY AND THEY DON'T F****** DESERVE IT

• March 14, 2013 at 03:54

Luke, joined the forum late....but did I just see you congratulate Dunney!!!!!! This must be an omen, cup final victory with Dunney scoring a 35 yard screamer past that boy-band lookalike 'De Gea'...COYL!!!!

Dunney fan club membership on it's way to you mate!

• March 14, 2013 at 07:08

Glyngo, I did join late, very late infact. One thing pisses me off more than anything else and that's a******* comments without any explanation. Anyway
      Super Alan Dunne,super Alan Dunne,
      Glyngo as you know he's far from my favourite, and always will be, but how can you deny the bloke at the moment
      Even against wolves he was one of our better players, not much went round him that night. But the last two games he's been superb he's not put a foot wrong, if KJ makes changes against Charlton - and I'll be at the valley 82 - he has to leave dunney in, in fact this team deserve to start the next game
      Although our worse player was hulse I'd still start him as he played for them this season, and he'll probably score and I'll probably sing his name. just read the sun and it feels good to get a write up about the ref getting a massive decision wrong, in our favour for once, probably cause it was hand ball, and probably cause hulse wasn't offside.
      We're going to wember...ley ca sera sera. 82 hope you slept well mate but as you know some journeys are well worth the boredom, I've had a few, Wigan away in the play offs being the worst. We got the result we wanted. Come on you lions

• March 14, 2013 at 09:18

Attendance: 8,635? Is that right? That's shameful for an FA Cup QFinal. Bet Wembley Plc rubbing there hands that we got there instead of B'burn. Another Millwall sell out at the new stadium on the cards adn who knows what we can do!

• March 14, 2013 at 09:38

• March 14, 2013 at 09:38

Amazing night for all wall fans, I don't think everyone was sayin jackett is a bad manager just sayin he's done all he can do at the club, but as we have said time and time again if he had money we would up near the top, talksport this morning sayin if we had the attendances we would be in the premier league, we get 10,000 on average but I garuntee we take 40,000 to 50,000 to wembley, I think we played well last and did what we had to do to get the job done, and as much as I've slated him thank god for shane lowry brilliant clearance off the line, I stil think he needs fire power up front, keogh on the wing ? Can anyone say he had a good game last night consistently giving it away, but regardless let's enjoy the moment and go and smash charlton on saturday.

• March 14, 2013 at 10:02

F*** all the negativity were f****** going to wembley for f*** sake. F*** me you annoy the b***** off me what the f*** do you think we are. F*** sake can't you f****** be glad for a whole f****** day for once, if you want bigger and better f*** off to Stamford bridge or join the cockney reds. Miserable f****** lot
    You'll f****** forget all the s*** next f****** month, we know and can f****** see the f****** problems we have, get f****** over it cause you'll be saying the f****** same thing in a couple seasons and maybe part of next season, we know its s*** but enjoy the f****** moment please. F****** hell.

• March 14, 2013 at 11:37

Language Luke, language. Agree though mate.

• Pingback: News at Den | Millwall winger "in shock" after reaching FA Cup semi-final

• March 14, 2013 at 13:20

Well said Smithy, with added tourettes!!!

• March 14, 2013 at 13:57

Sorry f****** b*****
    Sorry for swearing f****** c#*+s

• March 14, 2013 at 17:03

It was a great night ..... Just got over it...... Was it a dream or did Blackburn really charge me £2.20 for a cup of Tea.....no it was true ...COME ON YOU LIONS

• Pingback: this is me