Preview: Blackburn Rovers vs. Millwall

© Alan Stanford
© Alan Stanford

KENNY Jackett could recall Jimmy Abdou to his midfield for Millwall's FA Cup quarter-final replay against Blackburn Rovers on Wednesday evening.

Abdou was left out of the side that started the goalless draw at The Den after returning to Marseille, France, to be with his son Illyas, who is recovering from leukaemia.

The 28-year-old linked-up with the Lions just in time to take his place on the bench for the game on Sunday but could be reinstated as Jackett's men look to book their place in the last four.

Jack Smith is expected to retain his place in a holding midfield role after his impressive display at the weekend, while Chris Taylor could revert to the left wing.

Millwall are without cup-tied winger Martyn Woolford and the injured James Henry, but the latter's knee injury is not as serious as first feared and he could return within a month.

Blackburn will be without the services of Adam Henley and Bradley Orr after they sustained injuries during the goalless draw at The Den.

Right-back Henley was substituted in the first-half after pulling a hamstring, an injury that looks set to rule him out for the remainder of the season. Henley’s replacement, Orr, cracked a rib.

Rovers are boosted by the possible return of Martin Olsson (eye) to their match-day squad after the Swedish International returned to training, but David Bentley (knee) is a doubt.

Blackburn will be without midfielders Lee Williamson (ankle), Dickson Etuhu (knee), David Jones and Cameron Stewart (both cup-tied) while QPR loanee DJ Campbell is also cup-tied.

10 thoughts on “Preview: Blackburn Rovers vs. Millwall

• March 13, 2013 at 12:36

Fantastic news about Henry. Let's hope he is definetly fit when he returns and not coming back too soon.

• March 13, 2013 at 13:02

Great news about Henry - as much as I love Jimmy, I would personally leave the midfield as it was - at least to start

• March 13, 2013 at 13:13

Much needed Jimmi back, drop the useless N'Guessan and shift Taylor out wide makes sense

• March 13, 2013 at 15:05

Excellent news for James Henry.
    Sorry adsy, cause we're away I would bring jimmy back in to hold with smith play 3 in front of em - Taylor trotts and keogh with unfortunately hulse up top on his own, but I would give a free rain to Taylor and keogh, they looked a handful on Sunday and both where full of energy and their movement was spot on. Lets hope they put a good shift in win or lose.

• March 13, 2013 at 15:51

I didn't think much of N'Guessan but I thought the other three worked well - just think it might be better to keep things as they are to start with as the other three, Smith, Taylor and Trotts all had decent games (some better than others!). It's only my opinion, but sometimes the balance of the players you have can be greater than the sum of parts. Be handy to get our noses in front and then get Jimmy on.
      Lol, no need to apologise Smithy, just don't tell me to do one!

• March 13, 2013 at 17:25

F*** it, do two then adsy. Haha.
        Got mixed feeling tonight mate, if we win and play well, where does that leave us in the league, will they be s******* it to get injured or suspended for the semi's. if so it's a relegation battle. I hope I'm wrong.

• March 13, 2013 at 19:15

And I thought we were pals Smithy. Keep the faith, a win tonight could give us confidence for the rest of the season!

• March 13, 2013 at 20:04

No worries there pal.
            That's the plan adsy and I'll defo keep the faith. COYL

• March 13, 2013 at 15:10

I didn't think much of n'gussan the other night either, was always offside or givin away a (un-needed) free kick, would like to see taylor left,or saville on left (if he's not cup tied which I doubt he is) would love to see jimmy back,but thought smith played well in the middle, great news about henry,hugely missed!! But the 1 thing we need tonight is goals, so hopefully hulse and/or keogh are up for it..COYL tonight!!!!

• March 13, 2013 at 16:02

I think nguessan it better as a winger but he doesn't use his pace enough. I'd like to see marquis in in the 2nd half as I fancy him to get a late goal.