Millwall winger Taylor to resume training after knee injury

© Edmund Boyden
© Edmund Boyden

MILLWALL physio Bobby Bacic says Chris Taylor is ready to begin training next week after spending nearly two months on the sidelines with a knee injury.

Taylor damaged a ligament in the Lions' 2-2 draw with Brighton in December and there had initially been fears that the winger's season was over.

But NewsAtDen revealed the former Oldham man had received positive scan results and would not need to undergo surgery, allowing the problem to heal naturally.

Bacic told Lions Live: "Chris is going well and we are looking to get him training next week. He's been out for eight weeks so he'll need a period of training and a reserve game to gain conditioning."

Loanee Nathan Tyson is two week's away from returning to training after an ankle injury. Bacic said: "He's pretty much finished his rehab in the gym but he's going to have an injection on Friday.

"Sometimes with ligament injuries, the ligament can fray so we're going to inject dextrose, which is a sugar, which will knit the bits of the ligament together and really bond it up.

"He should be back in training the week after next."

However, Bacic does not expect captain Paul Robinson to play again this season after undergoing groin surgery at a specialist centre in Philadelphia, USA, where he is currently recuperating.

"We're pleased with how the operation went and the next few weeks will be fairly low key, making sure the scars don't get infected," Bacic said. "That's why we've kept him out there for a few weeks.

"I doubt he'll play this season, I think really we want to set him up for next season. But it's too early to say for definite at this stage. If things go well, we certainly won't hold him back."

10 thoughts on “Millwall winger Taylor to resume training after knee injury

• February 8, 2013 at 12:14

we've missed him.

• February 8, 2013 at 12:15

Thank God! Sorely missed.

• February 8, 2013 at 12:20

Great centre back and dominant in the air, can't see him playing with Shittu though, Beevers needs to stay in to add some mobility to the defence and Robbo and Shittu provide the power and dominance. Gotta be one or the other ideally.

• February 8, 2013 at 12:21

Also Chris Taylor has been sorely missed, really adds some steel to the left hand side. although, Woolford looks good and just needs a touch of confidence to stop him passing the ball back to the full back whenever he is closed down

• Pingback: Millwall winger Taylor to resume training after knee injury – News At Den | Sporting Chronicle®

• February 8, 2013 at 19:02

Need to get Taylor tied down to a new contract, definately better than feeney and woolford who I have not been too impressed with so far. Good to have competition for places in the squad though. As for robbo, I fear this could be the end of him don't think well see him in a wall shirt again, hope im wrong but with Beevers shittu Lowry and osbourne all as recognised centre backs
    It'll be hard. My ideal partnership would be to get a good solid left back so we can put Lowry in his rightful position alongside shittu. But saying that it would be a bit un fair on Beevers who has been great. Selection headache for Kenny once everyone's fit!

• February 8, 2013 at 22:18

Great news on Taylor, a huge loss. woolford nowhere near as good and feeney good cover for both Taylor and Henry. If ever a millwall player deserved a shot at the big time then robbo is definately that player but as much as I love him you have to say it will be hard to ignore what beevers and shittu have done this season I think it will be hard for him to get back in the side but of course I wish him a healthy and speady recovery. Agree with you 82
    A big selection headache and Taylor needs to be tied down on a longer contract providing he has no set backs to his current injury. on the Lowry front, could be a long term thing he definately deserves a chance at left back for next season he's been quite consistent so far and now Malone's back we have cover at least. He might just save us a couple quid.

• February 9, 2013 at 00:46

I agree , I like Lowry at left back, he has adapted very well. I am just concerned that he has said on a few occasions that he sees himself as a centre back. I dont think he's the type but Id hate for him to get the hump about not playing there and say to jackett "look , play me in the centre or sell me to someone who will". Malone is a strange one for me, don't really think he's up to it, which considering we ended up paying about £750,000 for him its very disappointing to not see him at left back week in week out, but like I say, not sure he's up to it.

• February 9, 2013 at 06:45

Yeah you could be right there I'm sure we could have got better for our money.
      I like you don't think lowry's the type but I couldn't blame him for it. I do believe he's a better Center half than left back, it's certainly a strange one its common for a fullback to convert to center half but you rarely see it the other way round.I hope he ends up enjoying it, the way things are at the minute I'd push him further up he seems to get forward more than woolford and puts more crosses over. But seriously your rite on Malone you can't pay that sort of money I know he's been injured but before that he wasn't trusted to get a start. Fingers crossed our current fullbacks stay fit till end of the season it'd be typical wall to start banging the goals in again and then realise we haven't adequate cover elsewhere. Should be a busy summer

• Pingback: best dating