Bouazza: I want to leave Millwall

© Edmund Boyden

WINGER Hamer Bouazza has declared he wants to leave Millwall after falling out with manager Kenny Jackett.

The 27-year-old, who started for the Lions in their 3-1 win at Burnley yesterday, claims he is unhappy about a lack of first-team football.

"I can confirm my divorce from Millwall," he reportedly told a French newspaper last week. "I've been unclear on why I've not been starting games.

"I told the manager and chairman I'm good enough to play in their team with my eyes shut.

"The manager hasn't given me reason. I need to find a club that believes in me."

13 thoughts on “Bouazza: I want to leave Millwall

• February 26, 2012 at 14:26

very dissapointed, use to respect him as a player. Even if he wants to leave no less than 750k would i be willing to sell him

• February 26, 2012 at 19:49

Probably one of the most talented players at the club in my opinion. I think we are lucky to have a player of his flair and ability and I'd like to see him play more. That being said - there is absolutely no place whatsoever for arrogance like that - especially at this club. If he has been throwing comments like that around, its no wonder he hasn't been featuring. KJ offered him a lifeline by bringing him to Millwall - he can either respect that and be a team player or return to whatever rock he was living under.

• February 26, 2012 at 20:40

this could really play into josh mcquoids hands hes been impressing on the left wing for burnley, so if bouzza joins millwall could make a good profit off his free transfer last year

• February 26, 2012 at 20:41

leaves not joins

• February 27, 2012 at 11:28

Don't believe he has said that. Maybe a loss in translation thing, although he's not been in the team so he's probably not happy, but he's been injured.

• February 27, 2012 at 12:53

The story is 100% correct. Here's a link to the original article (published last Friday in Compétition, a French-language Algerian sports paper): http://en.calameo.com/read/000061525fea7ce218350

Some of the quotes above paraphrase Bouazza's answers to the interviewer, but crucially do not mistranslate. "Since the beginning of the season, I've seen for months and in training that I'm good enough to play in your team with my eyes shut" is a full, direct quote from Bouazza recounting what he had said to Kenny Jackett and the "président" (by which he probably means Andy Ambler, seeing as the meeting appears to have taken place last week). He even follows that line by saying "I have nothing to fear from any other players at the club". And he apparently ended the meeting by saying this: "At 27, I have no time to waste, and I hope you will allow me to leave at the end of the season."

Say what you will about his ability, but if Bouazza isn't committed to playing for Millwall, then there is no point keeping him around. He can be unstoppable at times, but more often coasts through games as if he can't be bothered, which is the real reason he hasn't been a regular in the side. There are players in the lower leagues (for example Matt Ritchie, Ryan Hall...), who are just as good and are younger. As suggested in a comment above, Josh McQuoid might even be able to make that left-forward position his own. If someone is willing to buy him, then the money will be of greater value to the club than a sulky, inconsistent winger.

• February 27, 2012 at 13:33

If this was all said last Friday, it couldn't have soured the relationship too much, because he started the Burnley game ahead of Feeney and, from all accounts, was quite involved. Jack Smith had clear the air talks with Jackett earlier this season as well, which preceeded a run of games in the team and improved individual performances - so maybe this is could signal a fresh start for Bouazza, maybe KJ gained some respect for his honesty?

• February 27, 2012 at 13:34

I'm as annoyed as everyone else is at Bouazza.. But, what concerns me is that if true, this 'meeting' obviously happened before 3pm satuerday... So why was he started? Kind of implies an agreement on KJ's part.

"By God, you're right Hameur! Get your kit on and here's your blindfold."

• February 27, 2012 at 13:36

Although, if I'm totally honest the time for "he's not millwall" or "he's not our kind of player" can wait... until May.
    If KJ thinks Bouazza is needed to keep us up comfortably, then him spouting bull to an algerian paper is surmountable.

• February 27, 2012 at 17:47

In the interview, Bouazza referred to the Middlesbrough game as being played `yesterday', so the meeting must have been in the last week or so. If it was a kind of clear-the-air type of discussion, perhaps Jackett has called his bluff and told him to prove that he deserves a starting place. His performance at Burnley was encouraging, and a sign of the talent that he undoubtedly has. He needs to produce a lot more, though, to live up to his own words.

• April 10, 2017 at 20:32

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

• April 12, 2017 at 10:06

Very efficiently written story. It will be beneficial to anyone who utilizes it, as well as yours truly :). Keep doing what you are doing - can'r wait to read more posts.

• September 2, 2017 at 23:17