Millwall midfielder braced for January transfer speculation

© Edmund Boyden
© Edmund Boyden

LIAM Trotter insists he is ready to handle the inevitable speculation about his future during the January transfer window and that he is focused on playing for Millwall.

Scouts from Premier League clubs have flocked to see the midfielder in action this season, while Championship rivals Bolton are understood to have shown a keen interest in recent months.

But Trotter is not planning on quitting The Den anytime soon and says he will do his best to ignore any paper talk linking him with a move away.

"It's always out of my hands," he told NewsAtDen. "There's always interest and talk of interest but whether that comes to anything isn't down to me. All I can do is keep playing.

"If a club comes in for me and Millwall decide to enter into discussions or negotiate with them, and they agree a fee, I will have to adjust to that situation.

"But in terms of my position, I'm playing for Millwall this season and that's not going to change."

One player who has decided to leave South London this month is Chris Wood, who has signed for Leicester City, and Trotter admitted it was a shame to see the striker move on.

"It's disappointing for us because he's played well and scored 11 goals during his loan," he said. "Chris was brilliant and he's a great lad. But at the end of the day, the club will move on.

"There have been plenty of good players who have moved on from Millwall in the past and that's just the nature of football.

"I wish him all the best. He's young and works hard. He's made his decision and that's up to him."

7 thoughts on “Millwall midfielder braced for January transfer speculation

• January 1, 2013 at 11:46

The last thing the fans need is for Liam Trotter to leave the club, Lets hope the club sees sense and not pound notes.

• January 1, 2013 at 12:44

If the PL comes calling it would be only fair for him to consider the offer, but why would a player of has quality leave us to go to Bolton.... Crazy talk.

• January 2, 2013 at 08:20

Whenever there's talk of Trots being looked at he always has a bad game. Apart from a decent shot against Bristol City I thought he lacked commitment and seemed half a yard behind everyone else. Which to me, says 'yes' there were scouts there yesterday and he knew it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he went to Bolton as we have a history of selling to teams in the same division - thank God it's not Palace or even the anoraks!

• January 2, 2013 at 13:05

Apparently its Leicester - again, causing the transfer problems! Talks at an early stage but going well i read earlier on the website of their local rag! hope its just talk whilst he wasnt up to scratch against Bristol city he is far too important to sell, KJ needs to tie him down asap!! But what with Tam being back now i think KJ might look to cash in if he doesnt sign a new deal soon!!

• January 2, 2013 at 22:16

He had three good shots saved by the keeper against Bristol and assist for winning goal..... Good job he had a quiet game, which he did. Could be a great player if he did it for 90 minutes

• Pingback: http://tiffanyuking.over-blog.com/