No fourth bid yet for Millwall striker Gregory

MILLWALL have yet to receive a fourth bid from Rotherham for Lee Gregory, NewsAtDen understands.

The Millers have had three bids for the striker turned down, the last of which was in the region of £1.2million and made last week. .

Millwall boss Neil Harris, however, hinted that it would be difficult to resist an offer that meets the club’s valuation of the player. He told Millwall’s official website: “I don’t think you can guarantee anyone is anywhere at the start of the season if someone really wants someone.

“I want Lee to stay as part of our squad but every player in the modern game has a value. Our players will be no different.”

Rotherham have given no indication that they are going to give up their pursuit of Gregory. Chairman Tony Stewart told the Sheffield Star this week: “There’s no doubt we’re going deep into the pocket. We’ve got to be competitive.

“I see us spending more on a player than we ever have before this summer. We’re going to spend more this season than we did last season. It’s necessary if we are to progress as we want to.

“I’ve always said if you’re positive with your head and negative with your wallet, then you’re going to fail.

“In terms of obstacles, there are three things that you have to do – make sure that the club are prepared to let the player leave, that you can get the deal that you want from the player and the agent and that he wants to come to Rotherham.”

Gregory arrives back from Portugal today with the rest of his Millwall team-mates to prepare for Saturday’s first public pre-season outing against Bromley.

Image source ©Millwall FC

John Kelly