Josh French

8 thoughts on “Infographic: Wigan Athletic 2-2 Millwall

• September 30, 2015 at 11:37

Still collecting points. And are at lest in games. But one thing struck me watching the game. Was how much time the Wigan players had on the ball without us putting to much pressure on them at one time they made ten passes before we won it back. I lost count of sloppy passes and 50/50 balls we lost. We surrender possession to easy. To be real play off contenders we definitely need to improve in those areas. Having said that I did enjoy the game we are scoring goals but need to conced less. A draw was probably a fair result on reflection of play and not a bad point away from home and with both teams in form one home one away I could see goals just a shame we didn't hold out

• September 30, 2015 at 11:55

@dave666: why go ball chasing to tire yourself out when Wigan weren't going anywhere with the ball?? Wigan are at home and Harris knew they were going to control the game so no point pressing... just let Wigan get frustrated and make mistakes which ultimately lead to our chances.

I agree we definitely should have played more football when we went ahead although with Greggs injury it was going to be difficult! All in all very happy with the game plan and the way we went ahead, massive shame but a great point nonetheless!! COYL

• September 30, 2015 at 12:05

@Bradders: if we pressed and won the ball further up the pitch we would of had more chances on goal. And caused more mistakes in the Wigan side it's not just running around its called controlling a game I'm not unhappy with what I see so far I'm just trying to see what we can improve on. And in my opinion I would like to see us close down/tackle better but I surpose we all see football difrently

• September 30, 2015 at 12:32

@dave666: If we pressed further up the pitch there would have been more space in behind for Wigan to play into.... Come on Dave you seriously don't believe you can go and chase the ball against every team surely??

By allowing them to move further up the pitch means we can hit them on the counter and get up the pitch, which is what happened for Fred's goal mate!

• September 30, 2015 at 12:54

@Bradders: I think it's to negative to just let em ave it just sit back park the bus football not for me mate

• September 30, 2015 at 12:02

@dave666: it looked like we was happy to let them pass the ball about in front of us. The only real danger they had was down the left once that was sorted I thought we could of seen the game out. But our defence still defends a lead two deep allowing them to come at us. Sort that out & we will move up the league. Coyl

• September 30, 2015 at 12:13

@block 28: I agree we did look happy to let em having and yes they was going no where with it most of the time. But it makes them settle pick out passes control the game.

• September 30, 2015 at 12:33

disappointed of course after being ahead 2-1 feels like 2 points dropped but if we were 2-1 down and came back to 2-2 it would have felt more like a point gained rather than 2 points dropped, so after the initial disappointment of only getting a draw (especially as we were only minutes away from victory) gradually wares off one starts to feel a lot happier with a point well earned.
    The team seam to be playing with a lot more grit and determination and that's what we like to see, accompanied with a dash of good football here and there of course ;)