Millwall's Carlos Edwards is ready for Port Vale test

CARLOS Edwards says he has no worries about playing two games in four days as Millwall look for a third win in a row tonight against Port Vale.

Edwards’ return to the side after almost a year out has coincided with two wins in two for the Lions.

The 36-year-old was involved in creating the opener for Aiden O’Brien against Crewe on Saturday after providing the assist for Shaun Williams in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy win over Peterborough.

And he also believes it is an “achievement” to be back in the first team after so long out.

“I got enough rest (after Saturday),” he said. “I came out of the cocoon on Sunday, I was preserving myself a bit! So I feel fresh.

“The manager knows the older I get I might need that extra half a day or day to recover. So he works with me in that way, as does Bob (Bacic). I would say if I’m called upon again I would be ready.

“I’m just hoping we get continuity from our away form to our home form. It’s only a matter of time before we start winning games at home.

“It’s going to be a long and tough season.

“After the victory on Saturday we're looking for three more points against Port Vale and then we can look forward to next weekend, but obviously we want to take it one game at a time.

“It’s quite an achievement for me to be playing, looking back at my injury. To say the least I’m happy to be back, happy to be back on winning ways.

“I’m happy to be back in and around the changing room, having a bit of banter on the bus, the hotel. Long may it continue.

17 thoughts on “Millwall's Carlos Edwards is ready for Port Vale test

• September 15, 2015 at 13:09

Legend - the one exception we have had from over 30s players for a long time

• September 15, 2015 at 13:23

Long may it continue indeed Carlos.

• September 15, 2015 at 13:41

Petition to change the lions face to Carlos Edwards XD

• September 15, 2015 at 14:32

Yeah, the way he took the ball around that Crewe defender, played the pass to O'BRIEN and then left them for dead getting the return pass was impressive , he seems to have plenty of football in him, more than good/ quick enough for this division. He could still play at a higher level than this for sure, about the only good thing holloway did for this club,getting him.

• September 15, 2015 at 16:07

True successor to Arry, Kitch, Rhino etc.

My belief is we would have survived last year had he been fit.

'
    I took me teeth out and I was ready' Nobby Stiles

• September 15, 2015 at 16:22

We're happy you're back as well Carlos, he is vital

• September 15, 2015 at 16:28

Christ. He has only played a dozen or so games for us and he has already acquired legendary status!
    Why oh why couldn't he have been with us 5/6 years ago

• September 15, 2015 at 16:33

@bojim: out of our league financially I think but would have been a great player for sure

• September 15, 2015 at 16:37

@bojim: Like I've said before, some players just get us and likewise, we know when someone is one of us. We've had some good players here in the past who just don't fit; Lewis Grabban springs to mind as one. Carlos is one of us!!! Long live King Win Carlos!!!! Sorry for the pun!!!!!

• September 15, 2015 at 18:54

Our form dipped last season when he got injured and it has now picked up again now he's back it can't be a coincidence he's a quality player ins if he was 10 years younger I'd give him a 10 year contract

• September 15, 2015 at 19:09

Our form dipped last season when he got injured and it has now picked up again now he's back it can't be a coincidence he's a quality player ins if he was 10 years younger I'd give him a 10 year contraict