Millwall give former Coventry attacker chance to impress

MILLWALL are handing a trial to former Coventry City winger Kyle Spence.

The 18-year-old has been named to start in the U21 Professional Development League 2 fixture against Leeds United this afternoon.

Spence, who was capped by Scotland at U16 level, was offered a professional contract by the Sky Blues last season but will now hope to impress boss Justin Skinner in the match at The Den.

Another trialist, Fejiri Okenabirhie, who scored in the 3-0 win over Ipswich at the end of August, will start on the bench.

First-team squad regulars Jack Powell, John Marquis and Paris Cowan-Hall have also been named in the starting XI.

21 thoughts on “Millwall give former Coventry attacker chance to impress

• September 7, 2015 at 16:41

@John: could be a multitude of reasons, none of which affect our decision. I wouldn't judge him because he was let go. We have let go of a few good players in our past, Michael Hector being a good example.

• September 7, 2015 at 16:42

f****** hell he looks older than 18..

• September 7, 2015 at 16:47

just seen the picture on bbc, blimey he's changed, he looks like a sav now, I have nick name for him already, the chameleon.

• September 7, 2015 at 17:30

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-still-waiting-contract-9670433 looks quality to me,got a bit about him too,was in the squad what won 3-1 win over leeds today , london boy too.

• September 7, 2015 at 17:57

Perhaps being a London boy is the reason he left, I can remember leaving home at his age to go to Northampton, worst time of my life, came home most weekends came back within the year. You can definitly see the direction of the club investing in youth, if we can hold our nerve this season I think things will look much better for the future.

• September 7, 2015 at 20:17

@lennie the lion: I spent a year in Northampton one weekend. Had to put the clock forward 10 years when I got back to London.

• September 7, 2015 at 18:51

Lennie the lion@ ... Your always the optimist lol .. Change your name to ,, half glass ( london pride ) full person.

• September 7, 2015 at 19:59

@teddy.T: Life is so much better that way Teddy. An old work mate of mine once said that with our customers I always thought they were great blokes and they would slowly work there way down in my opinion, he, on the other hand, thought all were Muppets and they worked there way up until they got to a point where we both agreed!
      These times are worthwhile because thy make even small victory's so much more enjoyable. Just listen to Spurs, Arsenal Newcastle and most Prem club fans moaning all the time, where as we sing Super Neil when we beat a not very good team in a small cup competition. Would not have it any other way.

• September 7, 2015 at 23:55

@lennie the lion: you have encapsulated the lot of the Millwall supporter in your post. It is why I am forever Millwall COYL

• September 7, 2015 at 20:20

He looks like the result of Gary Speed and Nora Battys illicit weekend.

• September 7, 2015 at 20:38

Lemme the lion @ ..... Keep up the good post mate.. You alway lift my chin up. B lucky

• September 7, 2015 at 22:04

i can't imagine why he hasn't been snapped up. He's got the ball glued to his toes!

• September 7, 2015 at 22:54

Yes that youtube clip is very impressive. Great ball skills, but what I also like is that he clearly also has an eye for a pass, so he's not only a school playground dribbler. Of course, I realise that a lot of players could have good youtube compilations done about them, but nonetheless, you can't do those things he was doing without having a lot of natural skill.

• September 8, 2015 at 10:23

Right I work for the Combined Union of Natural Talent Spotters and I know that we should sign him NOW, This boy will be a star, within 2 years he will sell for at least 10mil, to the Board, give bomber the funds to build a team around him and fred and powell and AoB.
    What I know that this lad looks the part SIGN HIM NOW.

• September 8, 2015 at 12:40

I've just seen that former Millwall player Paul Stephenson is out of work at the moment - by all accounts he's meant to be a fantastic coach, and brilliant with young players - i wonder whether its worth the club giving him a call?

• September 8, 2015 at 14:27

@lancslion: I used to love watching Paul Stephenson play, tricky winger, him and Jimmy carter in a great team then.

• September 8, 2015 at 18:03

Just read on the Wharf if he signs for us Coventry are due a fee so unless the Board cough up some Bangers that's us out the window as per usual

• September 8, 2015 at 22:23