Millwall to face Northampton in JP Trophy second round

© Millwall FC
© Millwall FC

MILLWALL  will play Northampton for a place in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy area quarter-finals.

Northampton reached the second round with a 3-2 victory over Colchester and are currently in 11th place in League Two with seven points from five games.

Millwall and Northampton have met on 76 previous occasions, with the Lions holding the edge with 36 wins. There have been 16 draws.

The sides last met in March, 2009 in a League One match when Gary Alexander's goal gave Millwall a 1-0 at The Den.

After the completion of the second round the draw will merge to leave just northern and southern sections.

The ties will be played the week commencing October 5.

The full second round draw is:

Embedded image permalink

22 thoughts on “Millwall to face Northampton in JP Trophy second round

• September 5, 2015 at 12:06

Does anyone know at what stage Man Utd come in lol.Seriously tho,only 4 wins away from Wembley!!!

• September 5, 2015 at 12:32

Prediction 2-0 to Millwall

Morison and AOB on the goal sheet

COYL - LET EM COME - NOLU WDC

• September 5, 2015 at 13:40

we might win - just watching Peterboro get dismantled by Southend - Posh look awful - so we just beat them !!!!!!!!!!!!

• September 5, 2015 at 13:51

Regular threaders on here know that I predicted Northampton in the next round. You also remember that it will be penalties and CARLOS your hero will score the winning pen.
    I also predict we will go to Wembley as well and probably get relegated that's what WALL are all about. We will be in the bottom four come five o clock tonight - the only way is up baby.
    Still it means a good pay day when all the closet 36,000 Wall supporters come out of the wardrobe and want a day out at WENBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I WOULD TAKE A WEMBLEY WIN AND RELEGATION HAS A RING ABOUT IT. ALL CHANGE AT CREWE..............ALIGHT HERE FOR CRESTY ROAD....................LAUGH ARF I THOUGHT I COULD HAVE CRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PS putting threads on here is like a disease can't get rid of it ...I need help!!!!!!!!! Must get some likes for this one - thanks all you LIKERS.

• September 5, 2015 at 18:43

@Mekongriver: even though it's obvious you're not a Millwall fan, in your efforts to take the p*** out of us you do accidentally make some good points. That must be quite frustrating for you. You ever gonna disclose to us who you support? You not a hammer, my bets palace or an anorak

• September 5, 2015 at 13:52

Personally im sick of Wembley let some other poor sod have a chance of going there

• September 5, 2015 at 16:04

Wembley- the last thing on my mind at the moment. The first thing I want to see is the team team playing well consistanly.
    The defeat by Scunny in the play offs left me distraught. I remember it being a lovely sunny day the atmosphere was electric it was a good game bar the result of course but the way I felt afterwards hard to describe, gutted don't come close. The following visit to Wembley, some how never matched the previous one for atmosphere, I don't know why just didn't seem to have the same buzz about the place as before, of course the result was the right one. Anyone else concur? or was it just me who didn't get the same pre match vibes second time around?

• September 5, 2015 at 16:44

@Pussycat William:
      Yeah funny how you picked up on the difference in atmosphere against Swindon. My opinion is that against scunthorpe we were favorites and we all thought we'd done the hard work in beating leeds, so a party atmosphere prevailed, at least til Martin Woolford popped up. A year later I found that it was a much more business like atmosphere, we just had to win after blowing out in the play offs every time before. At the time I was a bag of nerves until the final whistle but recently I watched the whole match again and to be honest we should have won more comfortably really, apart from Austin's miss which to this day I still can't believe didn't go in, when that flew wide I knew it was our day.

• September 5, 2015 at 17:00

@Still_Wall: I think the explanation for that miss was-- the ball hit a divot and bobbled just as he was about to strike the ball.
        Personally I don't enjoy playoffs, I'm too jittery throughout the game I think it's because, it's so final sink or swim lose and your finished, so until the whistle blows at the end of the match I'm nervous as a kitten, but if route playoffs is what it takes for us to progress then so be it I'll take it gratefully.
        Doubt if it will be this season tho, hope I'm wrong.

• September 5, 2015 at 19:09

@Pussycat William: I wouldn't worry as we're a million miles away from the play-offs this season. Unfortunately it looks like a being yet another depressing relegation fight. Personally I'd say we're in an even worse state now than when Berylson first took over.

• September 5, 2015 at 18:21

Sod the JP trophy we are in the bottom 4 of Div 1 I predicted we would be in the bottom 4 after 8 games we defiantly need to go on a run now but we now have 2 away games not looking quite so good

• September 5, 2015 at 18:45

Please lose against Northampton and focus solely on the only thing that matters

• September 5, 2015 at 22:28

@T20ColdBlowLion: To be honest, I would normally agree with you, but anything that raises the team's morale after the terrible run we've has has to be a good thing.

• September 6, 2015 at 01:04

@junkmale: understand entirely. I guess I'm thinking of my own morale and not the teams coz the JPT means less than f*** all to me as a fan

• September 6, 2015 at 11:14

Could not care less about this Mickey Mouse Cup.
    We have dropped into the bottom 4 and are away next to bottom Club - Crewe.
    We have lost ALL three at Home.
    We Won at Shrewsbury who have LOST all 3 at Home.
    We drew 0-0 at Scunthorpe who lost at Home to Blackpool ?
    We are in big s**t !

• September 6, 2015 at 13:29

@Longfield Lion: well we didn't drop no points this weekend things must be looking up after the win lol

• September 6, 2015 at 15:55

We have to win our next 2 away games if we do we will be ok, if not we will be in another relegation scrap, trouble is we always get beat against the lower teams, then the confidence will drain out of our lads.

• September 7, 2015 at 13:21

We have to win our next 2 away games - has panic set in already !!, yes would be great if we win our next 2 away games , but our season isn't depended on it , were still a long way to go unfortunately were going to lose some more on the way , we'll draw some & win some (hopefully more of the latter) what you have to remember is were a club in transition , we have a good young manager who we all know wants to succeed at the club , we've got some cracking youngsters that will come good given the chance. This season / league was never ever going to easy , for those of you who thought as much , more fool you.