Millwall's Archer: You could see how much JPT win meant

JORDAN Archer said he is still learning to dominate his penalty box after another inspired performance against Peterborough on Tuesday.

He helped the Lions to a second clean sheet in the last three games and was a composed and reassuring presence behind his defence.

The 22-year-old former Tottenham keeper also confidently claimed a number of tricky crosses and again praised David Forde for his influence in helping him to command his area.

Archer said: “I’m still young and I’m learning a lot. The boys did well and it’s always good to be able to help out and make saves. They dug in deep and when we scored that goal you could see on the pitch how much it meant to us.

“It’s been good to learn from Fordey because he’s very vocal so that’s something that I’m adding to my game.

“If I see something on the pitch I’m not afraid to tell people about it, that’s part and parcel of the game and it’s part of my job.”

Archer also feels that Millwall’s poor start to the season, and in particular their home form, has been viewed out of context with a long campaign still ahead.

After a frenetic few weeks, the Lions now have a break with players away on international duty and the goalkeeper hopes to build on a first home win of the season when league action resumes on September 12.

“We can’t hide from (the defeats),” Archer said. “It’s been a bad few games but it’s just a few games of a very long season so we’ve just got to put them behind us.

“I’m sure we’re going to come up trumps more at home.”

John Kelly

(@jkelly1882)

13 thoughts on “Millwall's Archer: You could see how much JPT win meant

• September 3, 2015 at 14:19

Jordan Archer
    so pleased your own number one and keep telling
    the other players when they go wrong your vocal and we love it

• September 3, 2015 at 15:07

Where was this vocal Fordey on the pitch then from memory of the games I've been too!

• September 3, 2015 at 16:11

@munchy:

Could be right munchy but all I remember is countless times when he was bollocked by fans for not commanding his area and not bossing the back four/telling them to push up.

Thankfully those days are gone now Archer is numero uno!

• September 3, 2015 at 16:15

Yep things are looking up Saturday night at 5pm Wall will be in the bottom four and have two away games next - yep happy days.

• September 3, 2015 at 17:34

Get him signed up on a long term deal or that'll be more money were chucking down the drain !

• September 3, 2015 at 19:26

@bollocky: I believe Archer is on a one year contract,so if he improve's as the season go's on i can see him leaving,i dont know if we offered a longer contract and he opted for a one year,but knowing Millwall,s board at the moment i would bet we only offered him the one year.Like you i have posted we should have given him a longer contract then if he does go at least we will get some money for him.
      Why we did not give him his chance when he was on loan i just dont know,after all Forde has not just recently lost his form,he had been going down hill for sometime.

• September 4, 2015 at 09:45

@jim1222:
        His contract is until June 2017. Hopefully we are back up by then otherwise he may well be off. Very Good keeper.

• September 3, 2015 at 17:55

Is it just me or does that photo above look like Archer giving up a goal? Could have used a more complimentary photo of the poor lad! Keep it up Jordan, we're loving your game so far.

• September 3, 2015 at 23:50

@mewall62:I agree, and a new chairman and board what want to invest in some good players, if they don't soon we will go down again.

• September 4, 2015 at 21:21

I hope you have a long career at Millwall ... Build from the back start at the keeper .. Like Georgie Graham..... Jordan Jordan number one