Ratings: Scunthorpe 0-0 Millwall

RATE the performances of Millwall's players after Saturday afternoon's goalless draw with Scunthorpe at Glanford Park.

Jordan Archer made a string of excellent saves on his full league debut with Steve Morison hitting the post in added time as the game finished level in Humberside.

Scunthorpe also hit the bar, twice, either side of a Paddy Madden penalty miss after Mark Beevers was adjudged to have pulled down Gary McSheffrey inside the box.

But neither side could break the deadlock as the Lions maintain their unbeaten away start to the new season.

Now you have the chance to grade the Millwall players involved using NewsAtDen's Player Rater.

21 thoughts on “Ratings: Scunthorpe 0-0 Millwall

• August 22, 2015 at 18:09

Good bye Forde... Welcome new millwall keeper Jordan Archer. Pulled of three class stoppers . Well done.

• August 22, 2015 at 18:39

People seem to be more pleased that forde did not play and Archer did,fact of the matter is Archer was man of the match for us which is good for him but its papering over the cracks on how bad we were again. When you dont score and are lucky not lose and your keeper is your best player something is not right. Its pretty sad when a team like ebbsfleet are doing better than us ffs.

• August 22, 2015 at 19:45

@LETEMCOME:

It's always raining in Fleetwood,
      that's why you need a Mac.

You are right though, it seems like we got away with that one.

• August 22, 2015 at 18:53

wasn't too long ago when people were chanting Fordey Fordey, I agree Archer should replace Forde because Forde has been under performing, but I don't see the point in disparaging the man in any way, he has played many good games for us, been a calamity James at times but has put in some good performances so let's try to remember those good'ns not just the bad'ns.

• August 22, 2015 at 19:34

@john H: Bryan king was a great keeper in his time but I'm sure he couldn't perform now. Invalid argument that because he was good once he deserves to be in the team and cause us to lose games from simple errors. Happy archer has step up and claimed his place in the team

• August 22, 2015 at 21:37

@DanmillwallB: Hello Dan. As I said I agree Forde should be replaced by Archer and I agree it doesn't matter how many good games Forde has played in the past if he is out of form he's out the team that's common sense , the only thing I disagree with is people disrespecting the man. I think Archer has to be NO: 1 choice on merit and long may it last because he is the future and I can't see Forde getting back the starting 11 any time soon but I wish the man well. He's still Millwall player and I am like yourself I presume a Millwall Supporter. Still a long way to go and fingers crossed we will over come the teething problems soon and performances will improve. Hard earned point today but plenty of positives not least the clean sheet.

• August 23, 2015 at 09:06

@john H: Ford is still in his prime years just, what we are seeing is a dip in form. Also let's not forget that if Archer gets injured Forse drops straight back in the first 11

• August 23, 2015 at 17:14

@glyngo: We aren't seeing a 'dip in form' unless a dip in form can last for fourteen months...

• August 22, 2015 at 20:50

last keeper to be man of the match on debut was a certain alex Stepney I know cos I was there ...also these kids are stepping up no problem keep with them

• August 22, 2015 at 21:34

I was there today and thought Archer played well but fair play to Forde was very encouraging and reassuring to Archer because he was spilling everything in the warm up. And whilst Archer was good lets not underestimate how good Fred was I hope we are not taking him for granted !! Thompson was also immense he was like Jimmy but can pass.

I know I have banging on about it for over 7 months 5 goals ( not incl pens ) in 45 appearances , please Huddersfield take him off the wage bill.

• August 22, 2015 at 21:40

Who was the better GK Brian King or Alex Stepney? Both great GK in my opinion but I think B.K edges it.
    Votes please BK or AS

• August 23, 2015 at 08:32

@Jim28: Best goalkeeper we had,although he got off to a dodgy start,remember him getting booed off against Sheffield United still became our best keeper,well done to Archer yesterday

• August 23, 2015 at 19:03

@john H: you missed out Lawrie Leslie he was in the middle of their eara and if my memory serves me well when we lost our home record 52/53 games with out defeat to plymouth IT was a crime to take a point at the DEN in those days

• August 23, 2015 at 21:16

@OTIS: remember it well,Leslie was a good keeper ex West Ham as well,one of the many good keepers we have had,certainly was a fortress then also mind goes back to Reg Davies another good one

• August 23, 2015 at 09:15

Bryan king all day long unlucky not to play for England. Archer had a good game but wouldn't give him MOM I would give that to Thompson closely followed by Fred.

• August 23, 2015 at 17:15