Ratings: Millwall 1-2 Barnet

RATE the performances of Millwall's players after Tuesday night's 2-1 home defeat against Barnet in the League Cup.

Goals from John Akinde and Andy Yiadom either side of a Steve Morison header sent the Bees through to round two of the Capital One Cup.

Now you have the chance to rate the Millwall players involved to crown a NewsAtDen Man of the Match.

18 thoughts on “Ratings: Millwall 1-2 Barnet

• August 11, 2015 at 23:51

Webster was pony all night got bullied and could not cope

• August 12, 2015 at 00:04

@Millwall59: I can't disagree more, I thought he played well despite giving away the penalty. He won his challenges and the physical battle with their giant number 9 and showed good composure on the ball. His best game since Charlton away last season.

• August 12, 2015 at 07:48

@glyngo: The best ever game he's played in a millwall shirt was on saturday against shrewsbury on saturday but he really didn't turn up last night and completely with their 9 not to sure what game you were watching.

• August 12, 2015 at 09:05

@Mfcliam: can't believe the criticism aimed at Webster, he played well and covered Sid who often bypassed by Gambin . Would love to see some player stats for challenges won, headers won, successful passes, etc as I reckon I have either gone loopy or went to the wrong ground last night!!!!

• August 12, 2015 at 00:11

I went to you first game in 1958 with my Grandfather who supported Millwall all his life. I have followed Millwall through thick and thin, ups and down but I ask myself can I continue. We talk about the Millwall way but what we have witnessed over recent years is ineptitude and incompetence at every level of the club. I want so much that Harris can turn this around but I despair. I know many will dislike my comments we have been a mediocre club at best but there are signs we are sinking to a new low.

Is this the Millwall way?

• August 12, 2015 at 09:10

@lefonque: you're well entitled to your opinion but I have been following the Lons since the early eighties and can say that this crop of youngster coming through give me great hope. Fred is class, Sid has great potential and will continue to improve, Aiden is also looking a L1 player and will improve when fit, not thee toon Pavey/Philpott/Siafa et al. Hang I. There mate last night was a blip, nothing more. Our one main issue is that our main summer signing is missing penalties and clear chances to win the game for us and we need him firing if we are to improve our position.

• August 12, 2015 at 00:16

Webster was not the issue - the issue was marquis being utterly useless and nelson being so limited as to be a liability (slow , no composure) why play him at full back ? imo he will never make a good footballer - does not have the attributes -

Powell on the other hand who has potential doesn't play , when our midfield is too slow to get the ball forward - we can't stretch teams at home - so we resort to long balls with no proper target man - what do they do in training? PCH cannot kick the ball with his wrong foot (not at all) why doesn't someone teach him? Lee Martin is an utter joke Why does Williams need 3 touches when one will do - all the same old weaknesses

We learnt Archer might make a good keeper - everything else we already knew - so predictable in style and attitude - forget the score line , I left feeling utterly depressed about how limited we are

• August 12, 2015 at 08:59

I thought Nelson did ok, agree he was a bit limited when going forward, Archer showed he can step in at any time now, Webster got bullied way to often and when it mattered the most for both goals!! But I'd like to ask a question to our football pundits on NAD, can anyone please explain to me why on every occasion we had to put the ball in the box either from a free kick or corner we floated the ball in, whipped balls into the box causes confusion while floated balls in only gives defenders time to clear IMO - discuss !!

• August 12, 2015 at 10:27

Nelson is proper wall and will be a good player for us IMO, but he doesn't have the pace, positioning or stamina to play full back. Webster defended poorly but I think that was party due to the fact he was being forced to cover for Sid's mistakes and therefor under additional pressure. Would have loved for us to give that kid Marlon Romeo a game a right back.
    But for me the worst part was that after the first 5-10mins of the first half 8 out 11 players seemed to go missing. Seemed like Fred & archer against Barnet, with Webster putting in a sloppy challenge and giving away a penalty.
    Marquis ran his b******* off but got no service from a very poor upson and Williams, not to meantion Lee Martin. Morrison looked at times very tired and him missing the penalty is just one of those thing, but I couldn't believe that when it was 1-1 he decided to have a tame shot with the inside of his foot rather than square it off to one of the players in the box.

Onwards and Upwards - let's focus on the league

• August 12, 2015 at 13:29

@char:

I have nothing against nelson - this is not personal - he is slow - he got done at least twice for pace and bad positioning and had to resort to slide tackles

he is always on the floor because he is half a second behind play

no pace, doesn't read the game , not tall enough for a CB - what does he offer? he has to improve enormously - it doesn't matter if he is 'millwall' or not

• August 12, 2015 at 11:02

Lets hope this aint a sign of the future like last season cant win at home.

• August 12, 2015 at 16:55

I've read a lot of the comments on the recent articles about the game last night and I have to admit, I don't think we played as badly as some of the posters have mentioned but it certainly wasn't what I expected from us.

Byron Webster has had one good game in his time with us (that I have seen) at Charlton away, other than that day he has been shocking. Last night was possibly the worst performance from a Millwall CB I have ever seen.

John Marquis is a 'Millwall boy' but he's also one of the worst strikers we've ever had! I don't know what happened at Gillingham last year during that loan spell but it certainly hasn't continued into this season, he should have been let go a very long time ago and unfortunately he will now be a 'scapegoat' for the remainder of his Millwall career.

I think we need to be realistic, we are not going to walk this season, it will be tough and as long as we are not fighting relegation this season, I can see this group of players taking the club forward - we all just need to be willing to give the squad & Harris time to work. It doesn't happen too often in Football but in this case it needs to.

• August 12, 2015 at 17:11

webster can't defend ball on deck, sid is not a full back, played s***, but could have won had moro scored the pen, couldn't give a t*** about last nights game, saturday is more important ! so get yer arses down the den and back the lads through thick and thin, we will be shockingly s**** on occasions but instead of booing the team get on your feet and roar the boys on. the youngsters don't need us giving the team stick or they will be scarred of making mistakes like they surely will from time to time.

• August 12, 2015 at 17:32

but there is bad and very very bad (marquis) - why cant Harris see how bad he is ? it makes me wonder about Harris' judgement

• August 12, 2015 at 19:35

Marquis needs to stick the game than become be back lacked as it goes Gregs will be better by all means, Morison and Pavey will suit good partnership that my opinion wouldnt you agree or not

• August 13, 2015 at 09:59

The Best thing to do is Comment after 10 games and then process the findings.

• August 13, 2015 at 19:54

NH should have Powell and Philpot to play Tuesday nights game but its boss decision anyway. Still early days and Capital One Cup aint worth much better concentrate on League one this season and JP cup so we could have change it be fresh start and something to achieve on it