Man of the Match: Shrewsbury Town vs. Millwall

VOTE for NewsAtDen's man of the match from Saturday's victory against newly-promoted Shrewsbury Town.

Goals from Steve Morison and Lee Gregory gave the Lions all three points on their return to League One in front of 1,600 travelling away fans after James Collins had given the hosts a 57th minute lead.

Now have your say on how Millwall's players performed at Greenhous Meadow and crown NewsAtDen's man of the match!

33 thoughts on “Man of the Match: Shrewsbury Town vs. Millwall

• August 9, 2015 at 01:20

Fred for me, I wasn't there but going by the match reports and from other fans comments.

• August 9, 2015 at 01:52

Fred had a slow start but got better has the game went on he was always a threat & they didn't no how to handle him. Well done.

• August 9, 2015 at 06:06

Strange idea as most on here didn't go
    And we don't exactly get a minute by minute running commentary do we.
    Can only really guess.
    I think I'll leave it to the ones who actually went

• August 9, 2015 at 06:53

Wasn't there either but man of the match for me was the millwall football club for comin from behind and winning. I'm an aussie so after the ashes disaster I needed somethin . Cheers all, off to a good start.

• August 9, 2015 at 07:43

As most of the people on here didn't go ( I'm one of them ) IMO should not be given the chance to vote, me included, Millwall Football Club won on Saturday along with the travelling fans, who played there part, we win as a team & lose as a team

• August 9, 2015 at 08:21

Byron Webster for me, solid yesterday. I've been critical of him before but it was good to see him playing well, he obviously has benefitted from Harris' good man management, just like Gregory too.
    Anyone hear bomber at the fans forum Thursday? Some telling remarks, when asked about practicing set pieces in training he said " we do now". Also spoke about what he's learned from managers he's worked in the past he mentioned them all apart from Holloway, he has also had them ridiculous slogans in the dressing room painted over too. What a absolute circus that man 'Ollie' turned our club into, just by concentrating on the basic things ie fitness, organization and treating players correctly Harris has already given us a bit of our club back, it's early days but the signs are good.

• August 9, 2015 at 08:39

I was there !!!!!! Great team performance & Fred just nicked it for me
    ONWARDS !!!!! L

• August 9, 2015 at 09:20

What's happened to the prediction league on NAD? Enjoyed that quite a bit. Anyways, so happy we got 3 points in the bag. Not so happy about this new football league show... COYL

• August 9, 2015 at 10:17

@The Lion: agree good to get off to a winning start,wasn't there so can't really vote for man of the match also new football league show a load of rubbish done more fast forwarding than ever done

• August 9, 2015 at 09:26

Has to be Fred for me... All fans long he caused problems drew fouls abd was instrumental to both goals... creative, always wants the ball, can pass abd get out of tight spots... gents we have a top footballer in fred.... ooohhhh fred onyendimna

• August 9, 2015 at 10:20

@grant_bazza88: Good to see he signed a new contract as we have him for two more year's,Gregory is another player i would like to see on an extended contract,i think his has a little over a year to run.
      If we are to do well we have to get our key player's signed up on extended contract's as a number of player's must be coming to the end of their contracts,so please Mr Ambler make sure all this is in hand and make sure we get thing's right.

• August 9, 2015 at 16:21

@jim1222:
        It's not down to ambler. It's down to harris to convince the player he wants to be here, and then down to the player to decide. Before anyone starts on ambler, here's a little fact for you. Fred WOULDNT sign a longer contract than he already has(due to his agent), and will be gone at the end of the season if we do not go straight back up. So I hope people don't get too attached. Makes me laugh all the negativity towards amnler, did anyone attend the fans forum or read the minutes from it? If not, I think you should. It might give some people a little intellegence on the regular subject that is, Mr Andy ambler. Basically, it might stop some clueless idiots from coating him off 24/7, when if the truth be told, they don't know or understand anything about what he does for Millwall fc.

• August 9, 2015 at 18:01

@82wall: I do hope you are not calling me a clueless idiot,as i understand it Mr Ambler is in charge of what the club can or cannot spend on transfer's and wage's not NH .
          NH may convince a player to sign or stay,but it's Mr Ambler who decide's if the club can afford said player,or have i got that wrong.
          Just for your information i have never ever slagged off Mr Ambler.
          All i am asking is for Mr Ambler to understand what we have in our young player,s and convince JB and the board we may have to extend a contract before the final year of their existing contract,or am i wrong.

• August 9, 2015 at 19:44

@82wall: Minutes from the fans forum: http://www.millwallsupportersclub.co.uk/forum.html
          I think it's a great read.

• August 9, 2015 at 10:18

It was so refreshing to see a player (Fred) running at teams with pace.
    Pace always cases teams problems,so lets hope this is a great season for him and of cause the team.
    Onwards and upwards.

• August 9, 2015 at 10:23

@Longfield Lion: Longfield i said this a short while ago,when i wanted fred to stop the step over's and use his pace,which as you say defender's hate and cause's them problem's.
      It was surprising how many dislike's i got on that post.

• August 9, 2015 at 10:36

If clown didnt put fred onn last season I think we would of stayed up I didn't go either so I say man of the match was the hole team and our fans we all work as a unit COYL let carry this on through the season I got a feeling we will walk this league let stick together and show everyone we don't f*** about COYL NOLU WDC

• August 9, 2015 at 10:36

Billy Beevers got in the Sunday Mirrors best x1 for Div1 - so where are all you Beever slaters now -
    all shouting out for Horatio - he has got to wait his time. Willy Webster is a proven Div1 centre back - Ollie knew what he was doing - he knew we would be relegated and WW would be ok for this Division.
    NH has a problem who to pick for his back 4 - still what a great position to be in - Coventry beat Wigan
    so a tough match sat. Lionesses play Everton today - don't forget Bentike top prem goal lscrorer.
    Barnet - Neil will probably youngsters and new signings all those on the bench yesterday - priority is promotion.

• August 9, 2015 at 10:42

The man of the match was the 1600 supporters who went up there and were the 12th man.
    I didn't go so I'm not going to vote.
    That was a massive test for Neil and boys and they done well.
    Any team that gets promoted to a new division have form and confidence on their side.
    We are a relegated team who have had a big clear out of players, youngsters coming through, new signings and a new manager.
    The one statistic I liked was having 9 shots and 7 of them on target.
    Whereas Shrewsbury only had 5 shots and only 1 of the was on target.
    I hope that we can make teams dread coming to the Den and we play with pace and smash in lots of goals on our longer pitch.
    I also hope we can get the Den rocking again.

• August 9, 2015 at 10:55

I agree with much of the comment above, MotM is totally subjective and everyone has their own opinions. If you were not there-like me- then its a pointless exercise. Come the end of the month I hope Neil is "manager of the month". How refreshing to have a dedicated and serious manager in charge and not a clown.

• August 9, 2015 at 17:32

@Peckhamlad: With respect Peckham i hope he dont,because whenever a manager win's manager of the month their team go's on a losing run,but i know what you mean LOL.

• August 9, 2015 at 11:07

I was there and will sing it out to you;
    FRED ON-YE-DI-MAAAA

• August 9, 2015 at 11:31

I think NH should try more youngsters on Tuesday leave morrow ,gregs,Fred on bench we don't want injuries this early in season, just want out of this div so we must rest the players that will change games.

• August 9, 2015 at 13:50

Its a team sport so MOTM is unimportant as far as I am concerned. What is important is we won.

• August 9, 2015 at 14:05

Fred with Upson a close second.
    I noticed how calm the players were after the win.
    Apparently the word 'Promotion' was spotted by a Sky TV reporter in the dressing room. Bomber said what a "good spot"
    So we now know what the club are aiming for this season.
    COYL NOLU WDC

• August 9, 2015 at 16:25

@WestKentLion:
      Upson was one of the worst players. Him, williams and Cummings were non existent yesterday.

• August 9, 2015 at 15:09

Was there. Fred by a country mile. Well done Moro and Webster but Shrews did not know how to handle Fred. :)

• August 9, 2015 at 16:59

just seen highlights great team effort ....... I would rather play ludo than watch the football league show again the worst sports program ive ever seen

• August 10, 2015 at 09:52

Was there, we the fans were brilliant as usual, 12th man. Fred was MOM was instrumental in both goals, all they could do was keep bringing him down, this lad will get better and better. Looking forward to tomorrow night, maybe some of the younger lads will get a game, show what they can do.